Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: On the way to Ximax  (Read 27106 times)
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 07:50:56 AM »

Terra can only shake her head quietly as she smiles worriedly taking his hands in hers as she settles in next to him. Try as she might she could not shake the unsettling feeling of Ta'las's actions and statements, they are so unlike the man she fell in love with, almost as if he had been driven mad. Her thought drift briefly to her days among the Kasumari, how many saw her as a mad woman, how they would keep their distance seeing her as dangerous, unpredictable, deranged. Could whatever is happening be an attempt to drive them away from Ta'las? She wonders to herself, putting on a brave face determined to not let what is happening shake there love, but she can't let him hurt any of their friends either.

"Ta'las my love. Tell me about "The Warriors Path", I know you mentioned it, but I would like to know more."

She smiles squeezing his hands reassuringly.
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 01:43:53 PM »

There have been few times in his life that Ta'las can recall speaking about 'Second Reality' - or what he has referred to as the 'Warrior's Path' - so he raises his eyebrows when Terra mentions his personal quest to search for the truth that lies within himself.  The Shendar shrugs.  "There is much to tell, Terra, and it would take much of the night for me to speak of this," he says quietly and his irrationality begins to subside.  He looks down at her hands, holding his, and he smiles a little.  "I suppose there is no better time than this, though, is there?"

He furrows his brow as he contemplates where to begin; he speaks slowly, and haltingly.  "While Shendar believe in the Twelve, and especially follow Baveras and Foiros - and others like Seyella - there are some of my kin who seek spiritual enlightenment along a second path in addition to this faith."  Ta'las pauses to consider how to explain next, for it is not exactly the same as religious faith, though he has heard some argue it is.  "Though some believe that Second Reality is just a part of one's religious leanings, there are others - particularly those that have actually taken this journey - that feel our beliefs in the Aviaría are very much separate."  He looks down again to think about how to explain further and then looks back at Terra.  "I think that a Shendar Warrior must find his own way - perhaps neither explanation is particularly right.  But what I do know, is this 'Warrior's Path', or 'Second Reality', is a way for us to look further into ourselves for answers...to the...truth...behind our.......perceived...reality."  He frowns a little and looks down.  As he continues, the feverish gleam in his eyes begins to fade, and he looks around a little startled.  "I- Lady Terra, what was I talking about?"

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2009, 01:57:45 PM »

Terra draws herself tight to Ta'las absently as she listens nodding agreement to certain things he said but keeping quiet except for her soft breaths content to just listen. She had been taught to focus her mind and sharpen her senses, to see things others would let pass, to hear things others would fall deaf to, to feel the things others would numb themselves to, all things that most would cast aside as insignificant or tricks sight, hearing and touch, these where things that allowed her to survive among the Kari. She feels herself growing heavy, sleep, a thought creeps into her mind that makes her blush as is forms in her worn mind. Before she could shun the thought of sharing the bed with Ta'las, the thought is driven from her as he suddenly stops and asks what he had been talking about. Suddenly she is sitting bolt upright, her eyes having been heavy and worn now stand wide with worry as she slips a hand from his and reaches for his forehead. Could it be he has been deranged with fever and they had not noticed, she had not noticed? She wonders as she feels Ta'las's head with her palm, then the back of her hand, her alarm growing as she could not feel a fever.

"You were telling me about the "Warriors Path". Do you remember what happened earlier? Before we came up here?"

She asks with great concern trying to gauge how lucid he had been as they ate.
Roosje Greenfields
White Messenger
Story Mod

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2009, 08:35:25 PM »

Roosje watched on with big eyes as she heard Ta'las shouting and Talia became suddenly more indecisive than the white brownie had seen her in the past couple of weeks, since she left the vale. Her first reaction was to tell Talia to go and get Capher, but then she thought better of it, remembering the exchange from earlier at the table. Capher was probably not the best person right now to calm the Shendar down.

Instead of giving a suggestion - she did not know herself what to do about the situation, not to mention giving Talia advice - she turned her fox and the animal padded into the room that Talia had opened. There seemed to be three beds there, though Roosje figured that only two humans would be sleeping there - Teri and Talia. The third woman of the party, Terra... well, chances were she would not be spending the night in this particular room. So Roosje steered Inuya to the farthest bed and let the fox jump up on it for a minute. She assumed that she could use it if she wanted to, but the thing was just a little too high for her tastes. Instead she let the fox take a corner of the down pillow in her muzzle and pull it off the bed, nimbly jumping behind the falling object. She then dragged (or rather, had Inuya drag) the pillow closer to the other two beds, depositing it somewhere in the middle between the two. She figured that she'd be conspicuous enough not to get stepped on. Teri was sitting in one of the beds already, though she was peering out of the door to see what was happening with Ta'las.

Roosje busied herself with removing the harness from Inuya's back, giving the animal freedom to sleep. From the bag that habitually hung on the fox's back Roosje extracted a blanket that was small enough for her, not at all like those unwieldy and especially huge things that Big People called blankets. If one of those landed on her, it could well crush her! Inuya curled up in the middle of the pillow to go to sleep. Lazy animal, as if she hadn't had enough sleep on the table earlier, Roosje thought tenderly. She wrapped herself in her blanket and tucked in nice and close to her riding beast, and decided not to worry about Ta'las, though she did keep an out on the door to see when Talia came in.

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2009, 06:33:03 AM »

Talia stands in front of the closed door and feels just unwell. Eavesdropping on a friend is nothing her education allows to, even if it might be only for the best of her friends. She looks worried at Roosje, back to the door - and on the floor, investigating her boots as if they could give her an answer. When Roosje does the only thing which makes probably sense - to go to sleep, and when Talia doesn't hear any loud words from the room behind that door, she moves away as well. But as she is already about to enter the room and to lie down in her bed , she decides otherwise. Sleep would not come to her soon anyway, after what has happened this evening. She closes the door silently and goes back in the tavern and out to the stables where their horses and aj'nuvics are kept for the night.

Swing and Desert Rose are still standing in their places, though they would, unlike horse, settle down during their sleep. Talia first caresses her own bonding partner, burying her face in the dense fleece and searching for some consolation. She has been so happy in the first week after they had left the vale. Though she has still felt somehow vulnerable, she now has again the impression to be whole. But it is, as if she has only a very thin, soft skin, which needs to thicken and harden out first before trouble may storm in again on her. But it seems, that she has not gotten this time. Desert Swing stamps with her paws, and Talia goes over to her to give her a hug as well. She seems to be nervous. Does she feel that the man who is the closest being in her life is somehow different? Behaves unusual? Surely, and Talia will watch desert rose closely, she will be the best indicator if even more goes wrong with Ta'las.

Swing starts to tenderly bite her in her arm, so Talia goes back to her own aj and when Swing suddenly lies down, Talia decides to spend the night with her instead in her bed. Tears of exhaustion and of desperation are rolling down her cheeks until finally sleep comes to her as well. Why can't her life not be a bit easier, Capher well and strong and Ta'las his old self? Then they could fight any foe, be it mighty and powerful, but it seems her group is about to fall apart, Morcannan missing again, Teri very silent, Capher nearly not recognisable and she as weak as a newborn baby, so un-Shendar like. But when she finally sleeps, dreams are coming to her, of strange  flying men, carrying and protecting a child, and then she falls in a deep, sound sleep.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 06:35:32 AM by Talia Sturmwind » Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2009, 07:23:38 AM »

"The Warrior's Path?" he wonders aloud to himself, curious about why he would bring up such a topic.  Not that it was something he wished to hide from Terra - in fact, he was pleased that she would be so interested in his personal quest for enlightenment.  However, it was not something they'd spoken much about before, and it seemed unexpected that there was such interest in it now.

"But to answer your question, yes, I remember dinner," he says with a shrug.  "Dinner was fine, but I was tired and wished to come to bed," is his simple response, completely glossing over his tirade as if it hasn't even happened.  He takes Terra's hand from off his forehead and gently holds it once again.  "I expect the others will be in their own rooms soon, if they haven't gone to bed already."  Then he smirks at Terra.  "Do you look so worried because of what they will say about us being together in here?  Talia is very protective of you - she reminds me a little of my mother-sister."

Ta'las senses, however, that something is bothering Terra more than what their friends may have to say about them spending time together.  He furrows his brow and peers into Terra's eyes, concern is etched on his features.  "Please, Lady Terra, what is wrong?"

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 04:28:59 AM »

His answer only draws her deeper into worry, only a fever, a bad one could cause one to be so deranged and yet in such a haze without recollection. Has his fever broken and he merely does not recall, or has it moved deeper into him. This question worries her deepest as she replies as if the fever has not truly broken his life could hang in the balance if it's not treated.

"You were not yourself at dinner. You were not quite yourself since we left to The Vale, but as I had felt pangs leaving the place I thought it no more then that till tonight. You truly do not recall what happened between eating dinner and coming here? And again to forget what you had been speaking of just now. It is as if you have a fever, a bad one. That is what worries me as I can not feel a fever in your head."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 12:54:52 AM by Terra Artemos » Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 12:30:15 PM »

"I do not feel any fever, nor do I feel ill.  Perhaps I ate something at dinner that has disagreed with me."  He stands now, and tries to recall what happened at dinner.  "You say that I was not myself at dinner, but in what way?  As for what happened between dinner and coming here, I remember you coming into my room and we spoke about... about.  I-"

Intense hatred flows through him, its source unknown, like dark shadows around all around him, and a fog starts to descend over his mind.  He cannot understand the source of this feeling, but it is directed toward his friend.  However, before he can warn Terra of what is happening, Ta'las feels a great weariness overcome him.  "I'm sorry, Terra, but I feel tired."  He lays down on the bed and closes his eyes.  "Must sleep," he slurs, and a deep sleep overtakes him.

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 03:12:36 AM »

Capher sleeping down the hall from Ta'las's room suddenly awakes! He feels terror and extreme anger swallowing his friend. He gets out of bed to rush to his friends aid, but he is blocked by a force; holding him down.

"Eckra, this is your doing?" Capher mutters, "But thou shalt not have him!"

An eerie laugh from deep in the bowls of the earth echo in Capher's ears. "Ye grow old dragon, and ye powers dwindle each blink of time. I have my kingdom now secure in the north. I now turn toward the south and soon my armies will spread over all the land and ye and your accursed wizard can do nothing to stop me..."  The laughter grows to enormous propotions and then disappears.

"We shall see Eckra," Capher mutters once again.

Capher lays down and becomes completely at rest, not fighting the force holding him down. Capher closes his eyes and begins to slowly go into his mind, he wants to rush, but knows if he does he may not gather the power he needs.  Slowly, ever so slowly he goes deeper and deeper into his mind, weaving a path of doors and corridors and traps behind him to catch anyone trying to follow him as he goes deeper into the recesses of his mind and the center of his power.

Finally he reaches the center of his mind and in it he concentrates on Ta'las and soon an image of Ta'las standing up, anger rising in him, his mind being controlled by dark shadows. Capher realizes that if it continues the anger will grow out of control and he may stike at Terra, or come after him. Capher knew that there was only one thing to help his friend...

He put Ta'las into a deep sleep...there the shadows would have no control over him. He watched as Ta'las sank back into his bunk, and then fell into a very deep sleep.

Capher sighed and slowly came back to conciousness leaving the corridors and traps left in place in case Eckra decided to try and get into his mind again.  He would know.

Capher swung out of his bunk. He was sweating profusely, he rubbed his right hand over his head and was astonished as his hand felt a protrusion rising out from the back of his head, behind his right ear and curving upwards.

Capher's eyes widened in horror and he rushed to light a candle and then look at himself in a looking-glass. He turned his head and saw the protusion, he turned his head to the left and the same protusion was there as well. Then he noticed the skin on his head was begininng to look more like scales instead of human skin.  He quickly looked down at his hands and they too were beginning to look scaly. He opened his robe and looked at his body and his whole body had the same look.

Capher slowly closed his robe and saddened sat back down upon his bunk. He did not have much time, he thought. I am turning into my true form and once I do...I die!
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2009, 04:49:47 AM »

Terra watches over her love through the night even as her body grows heavy in her armor, she sits and watches Ta'las ready to aid him should the illness return. As the night draws on, her body and her eyes grow heavier as she tries to remain awake, worry motivating her to stay awake, the ill ease stay sleep, but only for a time. Finally in the late hours of the night her body gives our to the weariness of travel and she collapses into the bed next to Ta'las, a slight ring of the light mail of her armor, her sleep fitful with worry at first but is drawn ever deeper. Though her worry, Ta'las being so near her offers comfort enough to rest deeply into the morning.
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2009, 02:16:40 PM »

The following morning, Ta'las wakes feeling well rested, but it is the sight of Terra lying next to him, still sleeping, that makes him smile when he first opens his eyes.  Light streams in through the small window, and the din of the inn's patrons in the common room manages to make its way faintly into their room, though it is not loud enough to be more than subtle background noise.  The Shendar sits sideways on the bed next to Terra, and smiles as he gently rubs her hair.  Yesterday's events at the dinner table, and the anger he expressed in his room are blocked from his conscious thought - hidden away by a magic he cannot detect - and so he is ignorantly blissful of both Eckra's 'possession' and Capher's protective enchantment.

He is not sure how much time passes between his rising and when Terra finally awakes, nor does he care.  If I could spend the rest of my days here with her, I would go to my Journeyon fulfilled of all I could ever want, he thinks to himself. 

When she finally opens her eyes, Ta'las smiles softly to her.  "Good morning, Lady Terra."

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009, 04:22:08 AM »

Capher awoke early the following morning. The night before gone and in the past, however the effects of it were quite visable and that is what was concerning him now.  He would have to wear a cowl over his head all the time now and so he was busily sewing one on the top edge of his robe. He had ripped his blanket to make the cowl and though he did not like it as the color of his robe was gray his blanket was black, but it could not be helped, he thought, as his fingers slowly put stitch after stitch into the fabric.

Finally the last stitch was sewn. Suddenly his cane began to glow and so did the cowl and changed right before his eyes and soon the glow ebbed and the cowl was now the same color as his robe.  He stared at the cane. He knew it was not his magic that had created it, so who's was it? He pondered that question as he began working on the task of sewing gloves for his hands; again he used parts of his blanket and when the last stitch was done on both of the gloves, his cane once again glowed as well as the gloves and when the glow ebbed his gloves were the same color as his robe.

He slipped them on and they fit perfectly, as if they were molded to his hands. He once again picked up the staff and stared intently at the strange archaic symbols. Some of them he knew. He had seen them in a book lying on a table in his Master's study.  An ironic smile crept across Capher's face, Master He called Ethan his Master, though it was Capher who taught his father, but then the father soon outgrew even Capher's abilities and the son was even stronger, so now Capher was the student and Ethan his Master.

Capher tried to recall what the symbols meant, but he could not recall any of them except one and that was the symbol for his kind: ShapeShifter. The symbol was the Draconian language of a ShapeShifting Dragon. It went completely around the pole with the tail at the end and the dual head of a dragon at the top of the cane's headpiece. However with all of the other symbols intertwining with it, unless you knew what you were looking for you would never see it.

Capher stood with the cane in his right hand. He knew the magic was not Brownie either so he was completely baffled and puzzled about the cane, but something told him it was not given to him by an evil source, so he would keep it until the mystery would reveal itself.

He quickly packed his few belongings, threw the cowl over his head and walked out of his door, closing it behind him and headed toward the common room where the tantalizing smells of breakfast's of fresh eggs, bacon, ham, beef, dark brown bread and other delicacies awaited him.

He turned slightly toward the other rooms, and sensed that Ta'las was awake, refreshed, and back to his normal self. However how long, would depend upon when Eckra would attack again.

Suddenly from deep inside the bowls of the earth that laughter once again came forth. "Ye are weak dragon. Do ye think that I would waste my time on the boy? He is an annoyance that one of my apprentices is playing with. Nay, dragon, my powers are meant for opponents worthy of my talents. Soon enough my apprentice will break your puny spell over the boy. But why do ye fight for these puny humans? Come, join me and I will give you treasure's that you have not seen in thousands of years."

Soon, precious stones the size of small boulders floated in front of Capher's eyes. Then mountains of gold, and other precious metals, including the most precious of them all, Uryant. Capher's heart thumped wildly at the sight.

"Yeah dragon, all of this could be yours if only you would come to my side," Eckra's said, his voice smooth, like a polished stone and softly deceptive.

Capher paused; as if he was considering Eckra's proposal and then he laughed outloud. "Ye are the one who is decieved Eckra. Ye know nothing of me as ye were destroyed by other 'Chosen' before we met. Nay, Eckra I do not crave riches, but wisdom and I serve one Master and one God; Seyella."

"So be it dragon," Eckra replied, his voice quietly maelovent and then it was gone.

Capher leaned heavily on his cane. Persperation ran heavily down his forehead and dripped off his nose. It had taken almost all of Capher's powers to repel Eckra as they talked to one another. What will it be like when I finally meet him...face to face? Capher thought.

The hallway was empty and the conversation he had with Eckra had not woken anyone up; at least not enough for them to open their doors to investigate. Capher slowly made his way down the stairs toward the common room, gaining strength each step of the way.

He entered the common room and looked around. He could not see any of his friends in the room and the room was filling up fast. He quickly chose a table large enough to accomadate all of them once they all came down and sat down. A waitress came took his order and then left. She came back shortly with a pot of hot water, tin cups and assorted teas.

Capher thanked her and then taking one of the teas put it into his cup, and poured the hot water over it.  He let the tea steep and drew in deep breaths of the aroma into his lungs.  After several blinks, he took a sip, savoring the taste and waited for his food and his friends to arrive.
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009, 03:24:50 AM »

Terra slowly wakes to her consciousness her mind slowed from so little sleep, but is soothed by the loving sensation on her head. She lays a long while mostly asleep, only really conscious of the soft bed under her and the loving touch long her hair, the worries of the previous night yet to awaken and steal her contentment from her. Eventually though she wakes to the consciousness of her sight, her eyes open and look up at Ta'las smiling down at her, smiling her special smile in return holding the moment in her mind as long as she can, feeling the previous nights worries stirring. Her hand raises to check his forehead for fever, looking for relief from her worries as she props herself up.

"Good morning Ta'las."

She replies in kind, her heart fluttering simultaneously with joy and worry.
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2009, 03:39:09 AM »

It is still dark, when Talia awakes with an aching back, for though Swing has been warm and soft, leaning half on her belly or curled together next to her on a pile of straw is not exactly the most comfortable way of spending the night. But she is in a good mood, even thinking at the strange acting Ta'las of the night before or the weak looking Capher do not trouble her strongly. It will be better today, all will be better.

She tends  Swing for a while, but when she hears noises from the main building, she goes over to see, what the morning will bring - hopefully a good breakfast. But first there is some toilet needed, her hair is full of straw and her clothes crumbled. A water barrel full of fresh raining water is what she sees and uses immediately. Well, that is not really enough, but she does not want to go up in her room where the others might be still asleep. So she enters the tavern with a clean face and washed hands and  a freshly braided plait. She does not notice the few straws in her hair though, but her smile with which she please the kitchen maid outshines anything disturbing.

When entering the main room of the tavern where the breakfast is served, she sees, that among the many guest who are already here Capher sits at a table, obviously waiting for them all to come. She hurries quickly to him, gives him a hug and takes a seat next to him.

"Good morning Capher! How was your night? I hope Ta'las ugly words have not troubled you too much. I don't know, why he has behaved so strangely, so... unshendar-like. All will be better today, I'm sure about it!

What do you have here, hot water, an herbal infusion, cha'ah? It's great you have ordered breakfast already, I'm so hungry!"

Talia's friendly chatter ceases though, for though she is excited, she feels, that there is something different with Capher, something wrong. She looks closer at him and realises, that this strange feeling comes from his unusual clothes, not just from his altered appearing. Was there a cowl on his robe yesterday, and why does he wear gloves, inside a building?

"Capher, is there something wrong with you today?" she asks him in a low voice. "You are wearing gloves and a cowl?"

She would like to throw his cowl from his head, but with so many people around, she does not dare to do so. But she takes his one hand and removes some of the glove at the wrist. The skin there has a scaly feeling to the touch. They had never before spoken openly about his abilites as an shapeshifter, about the fact , that he was not human. But once he had been Bium, and now?

"Capher, can't you control your abilites anymore?" she asks him with concern in her eyes.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 04:46:35 AM by Talia Sturmwind » Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009, 12:10:57 PM »

There is no mistaking the concern evident in Terra's features, though Ta'las also recognises the love in her eyes.  The Shendar does not remove her hand from his head this time - he knows that something is wrong.  For a brief moment, he tries to recall the events of the previous evening, but all he can remember is coming back to his room, and speaking briefly with Terra before a deep sleep overtook him.

He keeps his voice low when he speaks.  "You look worried again, Lady Terra.  Last night, you said that I was not myself at dinner, and that I acted as if I had a fever."  He pauses for a moment and sighs.  Know he is concerned about what he has done, for it was obviously out of character for him.  His warrior's instincts have returned, and he keenly feels uneasy about being so close to so many people here in the inn.  Ta'las also feels a sense of urgency to get to Ximax for Capher's sake.

"Whatever I did last night has upset you, but I think we should speak of this when we are on the road, away from any who might hear," he says with a nod toward the door.  "And in the presence of our friends."  He takes and kisses the back of her hand once.  "We need to be away from here and get to Ximax."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]

[March 09, 2018, 05:45:59 PM]