* 
Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?


*
gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize


Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator



Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: On the way to Ximax  (Read 27586 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2009, 01:08:49 AM »

Capher was watching intently on how Talia got Desert Rose to lie down and then she and Terra helped Ta'las off of his Aj. Ta'las's skin was a palid white and he was sweating profusely. The magic that had enslaved Ta'las should have been destroyed by Talia's sword, if not the caster him or herself. Ta'las was the strongest of us all, yes, he would be weak, but this weak? Was the spell that Eckra's apprentice that strong?

Capher felt helpless as he had to allow his companions to take care of themselves. His own body, after that rush of adreniline he had received from racing Talia down the short hill had wore off and he felt weaker than before.  He knew if he used his powers to try and help that that would not only weaken him more, but also cause him to change into his original form much faster than what it was doing now.

Talia is ministering to Ta'las; rubbing some sort of fluid on his forehead and then she places her hands on his heart and closes her eyes. Capher's eyes widen a bit as he feels a small amount of magical force coming from Talia. His brows furrow in confusion. Talia weilds magic? How? What kind? Capher thought, his full attention upon Talia. Capher sees Roosje's fox lightly bite her on the arm. That's odd. What is that all about?

Suddenly Talia draws her sword. People around her, press forward to get away from the sword and the madwoman who weided it. She was swinging it that way and then the other, finally the point of the sword stopped and its blade was pointing toward the bay.

Capher could now hear the slight hum of the sword and he could hear a very disconcerting sound coming from Talia's backpack; it was her flute and it was playing a very unusual melody, to say the least. Capher knew that both of those items were magical; the sword could sense and protect from evil. The flute he did not know much about he sensed that the flute also could sense evil and send up its own unique warning, as it was doing now.

Capher turned toward the bay and could see nothing amiss, but something was out there! Something evil! The sword was never wrong! But then why could he not see anything? Capher slammed his fist down upon the rails of the ferry in frustration.

Then he heard his and Terra's name being called in desperation. He turned and saw that Talia's hands were shaking, and her sword arm was drooping. He rushed toward Talia's side and grasped the pommel of the sword to help take the sword away from her.

Ice! Cold! Arm Freezing! His blood thickening, like molasses. His heart straining to receive the precious blood! His lungs burned as they gasped for oxygen! His eyes widened in horror! He was dying!

With all of his remaining strength he opened his fingers and let go of the sword. Immediately he could feel warmth again, his heart began beating, he could feel his blood course through his veins once again and he could breathe.  He took a step away from Talia and her sword, "I...I am sorry Talia, but I cannot help you," he gasped out. "Terra, you will have to help Talia," he said.

Capher felt a tear in his shoulder blades. He fell to his knees in pain, but with will power, stood back up, blood trickling down his back; his shirt soaking up most of it, but some droplets fell onto the ferry floor. Capher thought of yelling to Sam and to his father to bring them back, but they were too far out into the river. Whatever Talia's sword and flute were sensing he could not see nor it seemed could he help, unless he wanted to turn into himself in front of all of these people and that was something he could not. Must not do!

Piercing eyes were watching the group and when one of the women drew a sword and swung it around until it finally rested, pointing out toward the bay; toward where his creation was coming for them. The cowled figure's right eyebrow rose in amazement and in thought. Could the reports be wrong? That it was not the old man who was the most powerful, but this woman and her sword?

The eyes watched as the woman began to have a hard time holding onto her own sword and the old man went to her aid, but something must have happened, for he quickly let it go and stepped away from the woman and her sword. Again, another raised eyebrow, this time in puzzlement. Why could not the old man touch the sword? Could only the owner of the sword weild it? Was it the sword that gave them so much power and not from the old man, who was reported to be a powerful wizard.

The more the figure thought about it, the more it was convinced it was the sword and the reports of a powerful wizard traveling with them were in error. Well it did not matter anyway for soon all aboard this ferry would perish as soon as his creature attacked this ferry.

***********************************************************************************

Out in the middle of the bay were men out in fishing boats trying to catch fish to sell at markets. The water around them was begininng to roil and waves began to grow larger and larger. The fishermen, thinking that their nets were becoming full of a school of fish were tugging at their nets pulling them in.
Suddenly one huge wave rose out of the water, towering high over the fishermen's boats. It seemed to have eyes and a semblance of a face and then in an instant it attacked! The fishermen had no time to scream, no time to defend themselves, and in several blinks of time the fishermen and their boats were swallowed up by this creature and then it disappeared, the bay calm and serene once more; underneath the bay the creature began its relentless progress toward the ferry following its master's command.   




















« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 02:25:10 AM by Capher » Logged
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1540


Human, Sophronian


« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2009, 12:27:29 AM »

Terra kneels to the other side of Ta'las holding his hand as Talia attempts to help him. Worry is etched on her brow, but she remains silent allowing Talia to concentrate. Then a low hum begins from Talia's sword, and a foreboding melody from the flute taking up harmony with the sword.

"Whats wrong?"

Terra asks as she watches Talia draw the sword, jumping to her feat and waving it to and for until suddenly settling on the bay. Still she hesitates to leave Ta'las' side and is at first relieved when Capher moves to help Talia as she struggles. However Capher drops to he knees Talia sword tumbling to the deck, only then did she dare leave Ta'las hoping that there new browny companion could keep an eye on him. Something bothered her though, something was not quite right, the seemingly wild swinging of Talia's sword nagging in the back of her mind as she takes it up, holding it so Talia could easily get a grip on it.

"Be strong my friend. Talia we will need to stand together."

As Talia takes up her sword once again that nagging in her mind causes Terra to scan the faces in the direction the sword had waved. Most bare fear or panic, but one stands out like night in the daylight, not the face though, it was cowled, but the eyes watching without fear, in amazement and puzzlement. Once Talia had a firm grip on her sword, Terra squeezes he hand reassuringly, then draws her own with many of the fearful faces more so at the distinctive sound of the Kasumarri weapon being drawn. She kneels now at Caphers side, she speaks low, and soft.

"Capher, are you alright? There is one on this ferry that is not right, the cowl, what should be done? Talia's sword swung his way before settling on the bay, he has not fear of what is happening, though he seems amazed and puzzled by us."
Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2009, 10:08:54 AM »

Accustomed to physical injury and long days of relentless travel in the desert, Ta'las was shocked by how poorly his body responded after the sorceror's attack on him, but what scared him even more was the pain that had torn through his head.  That was until Talia - his Shendar-sister, had placed her hand upon his chest, followed by a quiet hum that seems to come from her sword.  He feels something rush through him - a force somewhat akin to that of the sorceror inside of him.  Rather than a vicious malevolence, he feels warmth begin to spread through his body, that starts with Talia's plea that he regain his strength, and continues with the humming of Talia's sword in intensity.  His arms and legs begin to feel lighter and the pain in his head starts to subside.

Many things happen around Ta'las almost at the same time - Talia stands with her weapon, which appears to wave around in her hands as if it has its own mind.  She calls out to the others for help.  Capher stands to help Talia, falls and rises again - the way his friend moves, it looks to Ta'las like Capher is in great pain.  And then Terra rises to stand with Talia and draws her weapon, calmly speaking to the others to reassure them.  She is a true warrior! he thinks, fiercely proud of the woman he loves. 

His attention is drawn back to Talia's weapon, whose humming increases in strength, which now points toward the middle of the bay.  Ta'las can see nothing over the people standing around him, so he pushes himself up from his resting position.  He is surprised that he is now able to push himself up to one knee, and he begins to feel his strength returning.
Logged

Roosje Greenfields
White Messenger
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 131


Brownie, Llaoihrr


« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2009, 07:35:59 PM »

Roosje looks on with interest as Talia closes her eyes and places her hand on Ta'las's chest. She does not know what the woman is doing, which makes her curious. However, when the sword starts humming - just like it did earlier while Ta'las was lying on the ground - and Talia does not react, the little brownie wonders if something is wrong.

The humming seems to her somehow urgent, so she directs her fox towards the desert woman to bite lightly in her arm. Nothing serious, of course, not even hard enough to draw blood, only hard enough to get Talia's attention. It is only as she comes close to Talia that she realises she had been hearing another sound as well, though she cannot guess what it might be, it is nothing she has ever heard before.

After that, several things happen in very close succession. Talia is waving her sword around, almost as if she cannot control it, and she is calling for help. Capher tries to heed her call, but for some reason lets go of the sword as soon as he touches it. Terra proves more of a help, and she stands by Talia as she tells Capher about a cowled figure who is had been looking at them. At the same time, Ta'las is pushing himself up to his knees, and it looks to Roosje as if he will be able to stand up without help. Not that she could give any.

The sword is pointing towards the bay and humming very loudly now. However, with all the bigfolk legs around her, there is not much she can see there. Instead, she slips inbetween said legs until she finds some cover behind a couple of crates, where mister cowl can't see her. If she can't help at the bay, she can at least try to find out if Terra was right in her assessment.

There are many advantages to being the size of a tall cup, not the least of which is that people very often overlook you, even if you're white and riding a fox. Places that will not even cover the whole leg of a big person are high enough to completely hide her from sight, and the smallest passageway, provided it is big enough for her fox, can take her to places that sometimes bigfolk can't even get their foot into. And so it is that Roosje comes quite close to mister cowl, while pretty sure that she has not been spotted. She and her fox lie quietly between some crates, from where she has a good view on mister cowl, who is still intent on the scene with the sword. There she waits, until he will do something that betrays him. Perhaps he can even get a glimpse of what lies hidden under the cowl, though admittedly that is more out of curiosity than any sense that it would help her prove Terra's words.
Logged

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2009, 02:07:57 AM »

"Capher, are you alright? There is one on this ferry that is not right, the cowl, what should be done? Talia's sword swung his way before settling on the bay, he has not fear of what is happening, though he seems amazed and puzzled by us," Terra tells him.

Capher gazes toward the front of the ferry and yes, there was a cowled figure whose head was turned toward them. The figure was fully clothed with a billowy dusky gray robe. Capher wished that Aminah could speak or hear. He then would have asked her to search out the mind of that cowled figure, but she was still in shock.

Terra had drawn her weapon and the people in the ferry were now becoming more agitated, first Talia's sword swinging wildly around and then pointing out toward the bay and then this other woman draws a weapon that none have ever seen and are afraid of.

"What is happening?" A woman's voice cries out from the crowd.

"Yeah, why are you drawing weapons, and where is that strange humming coming from?" Asked a male voice.

"I will be fine. Terra, sheathe your weapon for now. We cannot afford a panic on our hands. But try and get closer to that cowled figure, but do it as inconspiciously as you can. I will watch over Talia," Capher sees Ta'las come to his knees and look out toward the bay, "It seems Ta'las is gaining some strength, which is good. I do not see Roosje anywhere, but she could be in the midst of this crowd. Now, go on and try and get closer to this cowled figure," Capher said.
Logged
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2009, 12:18:51 AM »

The air became still. The clouds seem to stop moving. The birds that had been following the ferry suddenly disappeared; deer drinking from the water, jerked their heads up, their ears twitching, head turning toward the bay, with a leap they were gone running back into the forest that lined the river. Otters who were playing using the bank as a mud slide, suddenly dove into the river and were not seen.The river banks shrank, leaving water marks where it had been, large schools of fish; prey and predator all swam together upstream as if they were trying to get away from some unseen thing.

The horses, donkeys and even the Aj's stomped their hooves and paws. The horses with wild eyed looks, began to buck and rear as their owners tried to calm them down. The donkeys began to brey and kick as well, it kicked at the fencing and was beginning to crack the boards. Children, scared, began to cry as mothers tried to calm them.

All eyes were upon Talia and her sword, even the cowled figure watched silently, its attention drawn to the humming sword wondering what kind of power it possessed? She did not notice that a red headed warrioress was slowly inching toward it, nor the fox upon which a white colored Brownie sat upon spying on it.

Finally curiosity got the better of it and slender hands came out of the flowing robes. A large ruby ring adorned the slender, feminine right ring finger. The hands began to weave a simple spell, when it was finished she released it toward the sword. Immediately, she was knocked back as if an unseen person hit her in the stomache, her cowl slipped off her head and her face and short, almost as short as a young boys, blonde hair were uncovered; Sea green eyes glared at Talia. Her thin lipped mouth was tight and taunt.

She straightened. She began to weave another spell, this one much stronger...A woman screamed and pointed toward the bay...The sorceress turned her head for a moment, looked at her creation rising out of the water, turned back, glaring at Talia once more, gave a wicked smile and then gave a slight wave of her hand and released her creature.

***********************************************************************************

In the river's mouth the creature had stopped, gathering more strength and power as it waited for its masters command. It was hungry, thirsting. The boats and men in the bay had just been a tidbit for it. It wanted more and as it began to rise up and out its body pulsated and radiated with anticipation. It felt the power releasing it and began rushing forward, rising each blink, towering, watery eyes staring at its prey...the ferry and alll those upon it.
Logged
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 3892


Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras


« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2009, 06:34:57 AM »

Talia‘s sword is humming, but what is worse, it is vibrating heavily in her hands, which are wet with sweat, and it nearly drops down. But then Capher is here. Confidence is growing again when Capher‘s hand closes around her own on the pommel, but a freezing coldness she never experienced before is crawling up her arm as Capher touches her. He releases his grip and the sword drops on the ground.

"I...I am sorry Talia, but I cannot help you," he gasps out. "Terra, you will have to help Talia! „

And to Talia‘s horror he falls on his knees, but with an enormous will power stands up again. Talia stands like frozen, until Terra picks up her sword and holds it so she can easily get a firm grip on it again.

"Be strong my friend. Talia we will need to stand together."

It is as if Terra‘s confident voice has pulled Talia out of her rigour, suddenly live floats back and she stands more upright than before. She still feels that the sword is pulled in two directions, but now she can master it,  does not fight against the movement from one corner of the ferry to the open bay and as the evil which seems to approach comes from the bay, she holds her sword more in this direction, tip nearly on the ground, for there is no need to raise it, but allows it to swing slightly from left to right and back.

Now Talia is aware what happens around her as well - some of the folk look at her with frightened expressions on their faces and more - and Talia realises, that they are afraid of her! But she can‘t change that now. Some voices ask in an menacing tone about the humming, but Talia is not able to give any answers. Suddenly Swing is behind her and if there was one man who wanted to come close, he must have decided otherwise. 

The humming  is much louder now and suddenly Talia feels as if something has hit her and she steps back, but this attack has not come from the bay, but from the corner of the ferry. When Talia looks in that direction, she  discovers Terra approaching the corner carefully, casually. That‘s god, so Talia can focus on the greater danger coming from the bay, whatever that might be and with no idea, how to fight it.

But as the humming gets stronger, the calmer Talia gets. She steps forward to the railing and with a movement of her sword tells the people to go away and out of sight.  Not too close at the railing, feet firmly on the ground she waits, and then suddenly something rises out of the floods in front of them.


As if a huge wave piles up, the water before them is rising and rising into the sky so that Talia has to bend her head back to see the ‚head‘ of the ‚creature‘ which is forming before their eyes. And it looks as if it is a head: Dark watery eyes look down at them, an abyss of an mouth, a  maelstrom ready to devour them all. Watery talons grow out of the wall of water, grow towards them in slow motion.


With the danger now visible, Talia gets calm, no fear disturbs her readiness to fight. Unafraid now, she looks with the determination to resist whatever will come at the creature - ready to die, but to live as well. Her hands hold the pommel tight, the tip of the sword is now pressed on the beams of the ferry, forming a solid triangle with her feet. A last glance at the water elemental before her - then she closes her eyes and concentrates on the sword and its humming.

Teri and I have escaped the Demon Lord of the Fire. I visited the Dry Lands got back and those who helped me are here!  The Brownies have healed me and given me back my strength - and more, glimpses of my past : and this will help to to withstand!

And Talia recalls strong protecting wings soaring over a vast desert, sun on her face and with the will to withstand whatever will come and to throw back all evil magic, as strong as it will be, she opens her eyes again.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 06:42:57 AM by Talia Sturmwind » Logged
Roosje Greenfields
White Messenger
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 131


Brownie, Llaoihrr


« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2009, 02:45:15 PM »

From her hiding place, Roosje saw how mister cowl was making some gestures with his hands. She didn't know exactly what it was he was doing, or what the result was, but he seemed so intent on Talia that the conclusion was inevitable: Terra must have been right. However, things did not seem to go the way he wanted, as he was knocked back violently enough for the cowl to slip over his head. Over her head, as it turned out. So it wasn't mister cowl at all, it was madam cowl. Roosje quickly glanced at Talia, but the woman was still standing, so whatever madam cowl had done, it must have backfired instead of reaching its intended goal.

The small Brownie does see the effect of the next spell released, even if she doesn't not see the actual hand gesture. Mostly she gets an impression water. Lots and lots of water, rising up out of the bay and confronting the ferry, rushing towards them like the biggest wave she has ever seen (though admittedly, she has not seen many). It is a terrifying sight, and Roosje is hard put not to bolt somewhere safe. They were on a ferry, nowhere was safe. There was nothing she could do against the creature, anyway, so she did her best to return her attention towards madam cowl. In doing so, she noticed Terra, who had almost reached her. The cowl was back in place by then, and Roosje didn't know if Terra had seen her gender. She debated whether to call it out to the wariorress, or not, but she decided not to draw attention. She just hoped she would get a chance to warn Terra soon, after madam cowl's attention was drawn, which should happen any time now. With an effort of will, Roosje stayed focussed on madam cowl and somehow managed to ignore the rushing water, even if Inuya was becoming very edgy.
Logged

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 610


Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si


« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2009, 11:45:47 AM »

From where Ta'las rises, he watches the water elemental intently, looking for any weakness that can be used to their advantage in battle.  The creature seems completely fluid; its open maw and terrifying face, and even the talons that begin to form flow like a turbulent wave toward the group.  He walks through the crowd, which has begun to thin out, directly toward his Shendar-sister, ignoring the accusatory glares of those few passengers who have not run away from the side of the ferry where Talia faces the ominous creature.  The Shendar draws his dou'kilij and separates the weapon into two separate blades.  He does not flourish his weapons as many warriors might - there is no need for showmanship when facing an enemy in battle, and that is not the way of the Shendar Warrior.  Though he still feels the remnants of the sorceror's spell in his mind, he calms himself, knowing that fear and anger dull the senses to the truth of Second Reality.  He gives himself and Talia enough room that they will not be in each other's way during the upcoming battle, but close enough that they can hear one another over the sound of the rushing water that makes up the elemental's constantly shifting form, and the panicked shouts of the ferry passengers.

"Let us see how far this takes us along the Warrior's Path, Shendar-sister!" he calls over the din on the ferry.  He nods to Talia and then turns his attention back to the elemental, as he draws back his blades.
Logged

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1540


Human, Sophronian


« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2009, 04:01:09 PM »

Terra makes her way through the crowd as if looking for something, something in the woman's directions but plays at not being interested in the woman specifically. Her yes cast about suspiciously towards those not of their group, seemingly focusing a little more on those who seem not to happy with Talia or her companions. Steadily though her weaving path takes her toward the cowled woman, her gaze more urgent as the water beast rises, all the while her unseen attention is to the woman, likely a sorceress? This seemed more than just likely, and so as her path takes her closer she plots her moves. She knows she will have to take the woman quickly if not by complete surprise and be done with her quickly as if the woman bares the powers Terra fears she does a prolonged fight could prove quite futile. She notes with a glance that the woman remains closed to the railing, this is to Terra's advantage as she plots her moves hoping to knock the sorceress woman overboard with a solid sudden blow. Terra passes the sorceress now sure of her power felling her water beast looming to a girl that had gotten away for her parents terrified and sobbing but arms length from the sorceress, bending down and speaking softly and calmingly to the girl till the sorceresses attention who she had caught in passing returns to the battle to begin.

The girls sobbing softens and Terra convinces her to return to her parents where she would be safer, at least from the immediate battle Terra hopes will end in a single strike. Terra seems to watch the girl go for a moment, then quickly takes a step closer to the sorceress as she spins around leveling the powerful strike or her palm against the sorceresses chest while her free hand goes for her Moonblade in case her first strike fails to achieve her goal, and she does not hesitate to begin to draw it. The sorceress is indeed staggered but catches herself on the railing before she could topple over, but already Terra spins to bring the blade down, hoping the battle ends quickly before the sorceress can muster her powers against which she has no defense.
Logged
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2009, 11:52:13 PM »

Hera intent upon seeing this woman and her sword destroyed by her creation had momentarily forgotten about her companions until she saw a young man with the same coloring as the woman stand up, draw a blade that split into two and standing a few peds away from her faced her creature. Hera smirked and almost laughed. Steel cannot harm water foolish boy! She thought.

Suddenly out of the corner of her eye she saw the red headed warrioress and felt a blow to her chest. She fell backwards, a gasp escaping from her mouth, as she grabbed as hard as she could to the top board of the fence that surrounded the ferry hoping she could catch herself before she fell into the river.

Fortunately she did right herself. Her cowl had fallen back off. The look of surprise and anger mirrored her face as she faced her opponent who was drawing a weapon that Hera had never seen before, but it was a weapon of steel and though her creation could not be harmed by it, she could!

Immediately, she struck back with a blow of her own: a force of wind, hoping to send this woman flying backwards, over the far railing and into the river below.

In the meantime Capher saw what faced them. A water elemental? It would take a very powerful person to creaater such a creature, he thought. He sensed magic being thrown at Talia and watched as the magic was reflected back toward the person that Terra was slowly creeping toward. The person who had thrown the magic was knocked a sudden blow. Capher saw the cowl fall off and saw that it was a woman whom, after she righted herself, glared at Talia wiht a look of srprise, confusion and pure hatred.

Capher had two choices help Terra or help defeat this creature. He saw Ta'las draw his wepon as well and stood near Talia ready to fight the enenmy, but steel would not hurt water. Capher had to make a decision that would probably cause his death, but his friends needed help as well as all of these innocent people.

Talia was standing calmly with her sword in front of her, point downward, gently resting on the ferry floor. Capher gently touched her shoulder. "Talia, I may never see you again unless Seyella deems it to be so. If I do not I hope you find all of the happiness that you deserve and that goes for Ta'las and Terra and all of our companions as well."

Capher then jumped into the river.





































































« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 02:54:28 AM by Capher » Logged
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Female
Posts: 1540


Human, Sophronian


« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2009, 12:34:32 AM »

Terra is hit by a hard gust of wind that would have at least knocked her against the railing, at most sent her tumbling over, but she is caught by a second gentler yet still forceful wind. Terra is still baffled by how she could do the things she had been able to do, or how such power now comes to her aid, but she does know her conscious control of it has long faded since she left her tree and the Vail. She is only thankful that it had aided her knowing she can not rely on it in this fight or any that follows. It to will fade as did her control over it, but she knows now it had been there long before she met the brownies, when she was a child.

Her momentum is broken however as the blast drives her back, her boots sliding against the planks, upon catching herself, Terra is forced to charge aggressively to build it back up her momentum, reassured that her only chance is to somehow end the fight quickly. The tip of her blade starts near the deck, she draws the tip up in an arc toward the sorceress but before the blade can slice into its target Terra is hit with another violent blast of wind from the sorceress, this time her power is not so helpful and she topples to the deck. Her skill however had not faded with the strange power inside, with a cool mask on her face not showing hate, nor fear she allows her body to start to roll as she falls and uses the momentum to bring her back to her feet for the next charge, her blade high and ready to this time arc downward upon the sorceress.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 08:04:24 AM by Terra Artemos » Logged
Roosje Greenfields
White Messenger
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 131


Brownie, Llaoihrr


« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2009, 04:18:27 AM »

Roosje watched wide-eyed as Terra charged the sorceress and was knocked back by a violent gust of wind. She was afraid for a second that the woman would fall overboard, but somehow she managed to right herself and attacked the sorceress again. It was a cue for the small Brownie, she spurred Inuya into action. At the same time that Terra charged her with sword raised high, the fox snarled and bit at her ankles. Roosje knew there was not much she could do to help Terra, but at the very least she could distract the spellcaster, giving the warrior woman more of a chance.

It was a sign of just how much Roosje had been caught up in the fight that she did not even remember her bow, and more importantly her poison-tipped arrows, until she was already in the middle of it. Now she didn't have the time anymore if she had a poison that would help at all. Instead, she focussed on guiding Inuya so that they were constantly in the sorceress' way, without actually getting kicked either by her or Terra. Every time there was a chance, Inuya bit at the ankles again, in an attempt to get in a good solid bite. Even if she managed to sink her teeth into flesh just once, it would be the best diversion Roosje could manage.
Logged

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 4944


Dragon


« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2009, 01:41:01 AM »

Hera was surprised that the red headed warrioress did not fly off the ferry but something held her. Does this woman have magical powers? Hera thought as the warrioress attacked again, Hera hit her with another blast of wind, this time the warrioress, tumbled to the deck but as quick as a blink was back on her feet and charging once again.

Hera prepared another spell to throw at the warrioress when suddenly she felt something attacking her ankles. She glanced down, her eyes widened as she saw what looked liked a ghost riding a fox and snapping at her ankles. What kind of magic is this? Hera threw the spell at the fox that she was going to throw at the warrioress, but that was enough of a distraction for before Hera could weave another spell the warrioress's blade swept down, Hera jumped back, hitting the rails behind her. She felt the blade cut through her robe, the tip searing a bloody trail down from her left shoulder across her chest and onward past her right ribcage.

Hera gasped in pain. Out of hera's eyes blasted twin bolts of fire at the warroress.

***********************************************************************************

Inside the river Capher used his powers to turn into a fish and began swimming up stream. To turn into a frost dragon right after he dove into the river he figured would not be wise. The people on the ferry were scared enough. The idea of the frost dragon hit Capher as he thought of how Talia and Ta'las could fight water: they could not with steel blades, however frozen water was entirely possible to fight.

Capher swam as far and as fast as he could up river and then stopped. He then concentrated on turning into a frost dragon. He felt excruciating pain as the wings ripped out of his shoulder blades, his arms shrunk and became claws, his face elongated, his eyes became narrow, scales formed on his body as his clothes tore apart as the beast took form.

Far up the river it roiled and a huge whirlpool formed and then the water exploded upward and outward, sending wave upon wave upon the two shores. A column of water rose from the middle of the whirlpool it rose higher and higher...the water fell away and a frost dragon hovered in the sky, its wings beating slowly.

It turned its head toward the ferry and began to wing itself toward the ferry high above it.

Women and children who saw the beast screamed. Hera, stared at the beast as it flew by and headed toward her creature. Where...Where did that come from? she thought.

The water elemental looked at the huge creature who was flying toward it. It had a confused look upon its watery face. It rushed forward toward the ferry determined to destroy all aboard as its master had commanded.

The huge creature stopped in front of the elemental, its wings beating slowly. The elemental let out a roar that sounded like a thousand waterfalls and rushed toward the beast that barred its way. Capher let out his own roar, but his roar was the roar of icy breath as his head swayed back forh spraying the frosty breath at the elemental.

In blinks the elemental was completely frozen.  Capher felt his power fade. He could do no more to help his friends. He flew up high and over the other banks forest until he disappeared from sight.
Logged
Roosje Greenfields
White Messenger
Story Mod
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 131


Brownie, Llaoihrr


« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2009, 04:00:40 AM »

Where Roosje normally stayed firmly seated on top of her riding animal, she suddenly found herself tumbling headlong and landing flat on her back on the deck of the ferry. She was dazed for a moment - what had hit her? She shook her head to clear it when she heard a scared yipping from behind her. Inuya had gone almost overboard because of the gust of wind that had hit them, strong enough to be used against a human but instead sent to the much lighter Brownie and her fox.

Inuya was struggling to get back on deck, scrabbling with all her might, her nails scratching the wood. Roosje flew towards her and tried to grab one of her paws to haul her back up - in vain, of course, she was not nearly strong enough for the task. She tried nonetheless, screaming for help at the top of her lungs. Of course nobody heard, everybody was too busy being scared of either the fight between the warrioress and the sorceress, or the fight between the desert woman and the water elemental.

Nevertheless, there was one pair of hands that was suddenly there to help her. Gentle hands, they were, reaching down to where Inuya almost fell down and lifting the animal back up to the deck, saving her from plummeting to the roiling waters below the ferry. The animal lay panting on the deck, shivering violently from the fright it had had. Roosje hugged her, burying her head in the fur for a moment in sheer relief. Then she looked up to her saviour. Gentle copper eyes looked at her with a smile in them, from above a grey veil. A sweet smile curved around Roosje's white mouth when she realised that the same woman who had helped Ta'las when he fell ill, had now come to her aid.

Then the small brownie turned towards the fight that she had been part of, and the smile faded from her small white face, leaving her clear, colourless eyes hard and determined. Quite purposefully, she took her bow and strung it, then took one of her more poisonous arrows. That woman had been the reason she had almost lost her mount and dearest friend. Roosje was only the smallest of things on the ferry, but she would help to stop that witch, if it was the last thing she did.

The poison she used was not lethal - not for humans, anyway. It was lethal enough for the small things that Roosje usually hunted, but for a human it was not really much more than an inconvenience. From her position some distance away from the sorceress, she took careful aim, drawing back the string as far as it would go. Then, with a barely discernable 'twang', she let go. Immediately she strung another arrow, tipped with the same poison, and aimed again. At first the sorceress would feel not much more than pinpricks in her legs, if the arrows hit, but soon enough the nerve ends around the pinpricks would start to go numb. And Roosje was about to make damn sure that at least a few of the arrows hit their goal. While it would not kill the woman, it would make things really, really uncomfortable for her to stand up.

After having sent four arrows on their way towards the witch's legs, she waited for a little to see what effect they had so far. In the meantime she instructed Inuya to go hide between the boxes where they had been watching earlier. The fox had recovered enough to understand what was wanted of her, and dragged herself there, so that she could lie down again. Roosje herself took her bow and arrows and ran across the ferry to the other side of the fight. She hoped that the witch would be too occupied with fighting Terra that she did not have time to go looking for a minor inconvenience. And once she took her eye off the brownie, it would be near impossible to find her again in the confusion, as small as she was, and now that she was not with her fox anymore. As soon as she had a clear view of the fight, Roosje knocked another arrow and aimed for the other leg. The tips were getting less poisoned, but the brownie was planning to put as many of them into the witch as she possibly could.

*******

Aminah had been in a state of shock for some time now. The evil that she had felt in the fallen man had badly shaken her. She had boarded the ferry, and even made sure that Jadwa was well taken care of, in a mechanical way, without thinking or later on remembering that she had done so. Instead, she kept feeling that same sense of evilness, over and over in her head. She hugged herself, but it did not keep the memory out.

What snapped her out of it was a suddenly strong wave of fear washing over her - mass fear. It was not directed at her, where she was standing to the side, but towards the woman who she thought was a companion of the man she had helped - at least she had rushed to his aid, and maybe said his name? Aminah didn't remember. The fear was so strong that she was almost overwhelmed by it, and she found herself almost instinctively turning against the woman. It was only when the man she had tried to help went to stand next to the woman that she realised what was happening, and she closed her eyes, gripping the railing of the ferry hard. She didn't know how she did it, but somehow she managed to separate the mass fear from her own feelings, keeping a shield between the two - a precarious shield, but a shield nonetheless.

She was not sure why the fear was turned against the woman, or what had happened exactly, but she remembered the look of concern on her face when the man had fallen, and she knew that whatever the cause, this had more to do with such a mass of people being together than with anything the woman had or had not done. She decided to attempt some help, though she was frightened at the thought. Even with just one person she gets overwhelmed so easily, let alone a whole crowd like this! But she could not look at the woman and man standing together, facing the bay, without at least trying to help. Scraping together every bit of her courage, she started to think calm thoughts - The desert sun of a morning, reaching out its first rays of light towards the houses of her people. Standing next to Jadwa, one arm around the horse's neck, looking out over a wide, strangely green landscape. A small lake in that landscape, calm water rippling on the shore, a lot calmer than the water of the bay right now. Slowly, with her eyes closed and her thoughts as calm as she can make them while fighting off the waves of fear, she tries to somehow push out the calm thoughts towards the people closest to her. Once she almost loses her concentration, as another heavy wave of fear crashes on her shield of calm thoughts, but this one is not directed at her or the people she is trying to help, and it ebbs away while she is still frowning with her concentration.

After a while, the fears seems to somehow shift, extend to something beyond the two people. Aminah opens her eyes, losing her concentration and her shield, but it seems to be no longer necessary. Out in the bay, a liquid horror has manifested itself, and started fighting with the woman and her sword. The people on the ferry finally seem to have realised that the woman is not the real threat. Aminah feels suddenly dizzy, and a headache crashes down on her. She takes a few steps, then sits heavily down on some boxes. She breathes in and out heavily, trying to get the better of the nausea, which she assumes has been caused by her attempt just now. She just hopes that at least it helped to stop the people from attacking the woman, else the whole thing had been for nothing.

It is only as she sits there that she realises another fight is ensuing, and she realises that the other wave of fear had emanated from the people who witnessed it. A warrioress with a sword is taking on an unarmed woman, but she gets knocked back by a gust of wind that Aminah can feel to where she is sitting. At their feet something moves as well - oh! That is the small... thing... that had been hiding behind her, and the fox it was riding. For a moment she forgets her headache when she sees a renewed gust of wind sending the fox reeling over the side of the ferry, scrambling for a foothold. The small white thing is up in a flash. The feeling of worry emanating from it is so strong that it takes Aminah aback for a moment - a thing so small, and yet such worry. Then she springs into action, lifting the fox back up on the deck. The smile of gratitude on the little face leaves her in no more doubt, even if the strong emotion moments ago could have... This thing was close enough to human to be treated in a humane way, even if it is strangely small and white. Then Aminah grabs her head and knows nothing for a while, as black dots dance in front of her eyes.
Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]

[March 09, 2018, 05:45:59 PM]

[February 13, 2018, 12:19:59 PM]

[January 02, 2018, 02:30:49 AM]
Members
Total Members: 2837
Latest: beaker
Stats
Total Posts: 214554
Total Topics: 8049
Online Today: 176
Online Ever: 216
(November 30, 2006, 09:08:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 59
Total: 59

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2005, Simple Machines
TinyPortal v0.9.8 © Bloc
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Theme based on Cerberus with Risen adjustments by Bloc and Krelia
Modified By Artimidor for The Santharian Dream
gfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx