Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: On the Way to Ximax: OOC  (Read 35537 times)
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #345 on: October 04, 2009, 08:51:24 PM »

Oh, Rookie, I looked forward to rp with you, but we have let you wait too long. I understand your feeling of waning interest though.

It is fine with me, if Irid wants to play Aminah, though I would have preferred, that Rookie was hiding within her.

We need fresh blood, but whom?

Let us exchange some mails!
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #346 on: October 06, 2009, 01:54:08 PM »

We need two rooms, eh? How could Capher put us just in one! LOL

Ta'las, Terra, you tell us when it is morning and Roosje and I can wake up.

I assume, Aminah has an extra room, for she is not yet part of the group! If Irid wants to pay her, we need to find a reason why she accompanies us. That could be however now - or later.

And - we definitely need a plot around Roosje now, otherwise we really will forget her and leave her behind in some place.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 01:58:31 PM by Talia Sturmwind » Logged
Irid alMenie
Wolf-Lady
CD Mod

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #347 on: October 07, 2009, 01:36:38 AM »

Yes, yes you will. And we don't want that, do we :P

I'm still thinking if I should take on Aminah or not. I would like to, but I don't think I have enough creative energy at the moment to really play two people in this story so... I will let you know soon :)

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #348 on: October 07, 2009, 12:50:51 PM »

Ta'las, I hope you don't mind i puppeted you along a little, just wanted to keep us moving. Left it open incase there was anything you wanted to add, or of not I can extend the post and bring us to morning.
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #349 on: October 07, 2009, 01:56:26 PM »

Well, would be cool if you wrote just one post, which tells us, that we came to Ximax and that she left us there, took another room. Just saying good bye in a post.

I didn't mention her doing anything of that kind in my post, not knowing what would happen.
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #350 on: October 09, 2009, 10:01:02 AM »

Great post Terra.  I've brought us through to morning. Hopefully tastefully done.  ;)

Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #351 on: October 09, 2009, 10:35:34 PM »

You both wrote good posts! :)

I shouldn't let forward the posts of this story. This way I get an email and has to read it. I'm not here, as you ca see!
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #352 on: October 13, 2009, 01:45:36 AM »

Shall I resurrect us now?  Roosje can I write, that I find you sleeping in the common room near your fox?
Irid alMenie
Wolf-Lady
CD Mod

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #353 on: October 13, 2009, 02:46:09 AM »

Yes, no problem. Wasn't planning to stay up all night ;)

Irid al'Menie
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #354 on: October 13, 2009, 02:52:09 AM »

I have decided not to write what I experienced in the academy, instead I am just going to be human again (in form) and show up at your room whenever you guys are ready.

I also thought about Roosjie and why we have her in the first place and it dawned on me it was because she is the only one who knows how to find the Kurikim dwarves. So she definately needs to be with us.

I also thought about Tris's Armoury. I had read about it when I was researching Ximax and other things concerning the different swords of fury. The problem I have is there was no information on Tris that I could find that could help us or direct us in the right direction to find it. So, do we make it up? Which could upset some dev people, or does someone have info on Tris that I have missed (which is usually the case)

It is a shame that we are losing Aminah for part of the sub-plot I was thinking of, was using Eckra to attack the minds of our party and only Aminah's skills would help. However since we do not have Aminah then I have decided to drop it.

The search for Tris's armoury could be the sub-plot we should work on collectively as I think that all of us, not just one or two (I or Talia) come up with something.  So start throwing out ideas, places, things, people, whatever and then the rest can add or subtract from it until we come up with a well thought out sub-plot.  Any surprises in that sub-plot can be done by anyone in the story but must first be approved by either myself or Talia and the surprise must be sent by either email or a private message.

I am working on Eckra himself and what is happening with him. Throughout the rest pf tje story bits and pieces will be revealed and it will be up to you to read and discover what is happening outside of our own travels.

BTW Great posts from both of you; Terra and Talas.

So, lets hear some ideas and lets start building a great sub-plot to add to the best story in Caelereth (in my humble opinion) as much as I like Destiny or even FD, this is still the best.
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #355 on: October 13, 2009, 01:25:27 PM »

Thank you Capher and Talia. I am ready to move ahead when everyone else is, and am already collecting ideas for the morning post. Just letting the rest of you get your rest. ;) Sure neither Terra or Ta'las are in a terrible hurry as of yet to get up.
Irid alMenie
Wolf-Lady
CD Mod

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #356 on: October 13, 2009, 02:34:48 PM »

I also thought about Tris's Armoury. I had read about it when I was researching Ximax and other things concerning the different swords of fury. The problem I have is there was no information on Tris that I could find that could help us or direct us in the right direction to find it. So, do we make it up? Which could upset some dev people, or does someone have info on Tris that I have missed (which is usually the case)

I'm pretty sure none of the dev people actually minds if we make some stuff up. In fact, the chance is quite high that nobody will ever know. We're not that important, here on the RPG board :)

Irid al'Menie
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #357 on: October 14, 2009, 04:40:51 AM »

Hello all,

To Roosje: I don‘t think that we need a reason why she is with us, her task is to assist us and when I have not done it yet, I‘ll add a stanza to the poem which makes clear, that she must be with us. People know, where the Zirkurhim dwarves are, they are the most open dwarven society we have.
(Edit: There is one)

But I agree, we should think out a plot around her for the near future. Maybe I have already a (funny) idea. Well, not so funny for Roosje, I fear. 

Capher, I think it is a good idea, no to tell much about your experience with the orb right now - tell this your friends later in a conversation. I think however, that your healing should take a few days, a few days, where we can rest, even if we are worrying about you. But we do not have to write this out. Just one of us should mention, that a few days have past. Maybe I‘ll do it right now.

Silly question: Do you mean with Tris‘ armoury the place where the anvil is, in the Prominent Mountains (if I recall it right)?

Then my question is - how can tis be a sub-plot? Are we doing anything else than searching for this place, going from person to person and place to place to find an answer where the anvil could be?

Maybe we should get to know it at last in the dwarven caverns. BUT, we have to check our poem and it will tell us, that we need to go elsewhere first (aftr the Zirgurhim). We don‘t have the sword of fury yet.  --  Capher, do you know already, that Taöia's sword is not the sword of fury? (But another one mentioned in the poem! Hint , hint at not yet developed subplot) That could all be the content of a discussion in the dwarven caverns. Close to the end.

Capher‘s idea to plot a bit ahead (without telling the people what to do ;) ) is very good and if you have an idea, mail it to one of us. Or better both, not that we plan different things.

Capher, thank you for finding the Heart still the best story! I admit, that at times Destiny was more fun, but it has the advantage of being young! Unfortunately such a good part of our writing was lost in the hack. I still feel the buck of cold water Shati (? Koldar‘s black female knight) poured out over me. And I always thought, I‘ll make a story out of it  -later, lol.

So, people, read up the Zhirghurim! And dwarven customs generally!

PS: Terra, don't get pregnant, if you have a few days with Ta'las ;)
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #358 on: October 14, 2009, 04:42:15 AM »

Of course we need a subplot for the time near/in the Tris armoury at the end!

Another edit:

Rereading the poem I remembered, that there has to happen something to fulfil the prophesy, I need to write a mail to one of you  grin
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 04:44:49 AM by Talia Sturmwind » Logged
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #359 on: October 14, 2009, 06:57:30 AM »

Don't have any emediate plans on Terra having to take maternity leave from the quest. Though if at some point we find Terra being with child will help the story in some way, I would definately consider that twist, but not an idea for the emediate future. I had reconnecting her with skill for reading, should Ta'las choose to visit the liberaries of Ximax, much higher on my list.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[Yesterday at 07:02:29 PM]

[Yesterday at 07:02:23 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:11:14 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:10:53 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]