Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kann Day I  (Read 15512 times)
Leilani Nakai'ewalu
Aromas Architect
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém/ Kaýrrhem

« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2009, 01:24:14 PM »

Once it appeared that everyone had placed their orders, Leilani spoke up. "Just a water and soup for now please." Lucas sat up and licked at the palm of her hand, nudging his wet nose against her fingers. "Oh, I'm sorry. Make that two waters." She faced the direction the Dwarf's voice had come from though her eyes remained lifeless and unfocused.

A comforting sound barely heard over the gentle hum of voices was the soft crackle of the embers in the hearth. The fire warmed her face, bringing a slightly pink tint to the curve of her cheek. Suddenly she noticed how chilled her toes and fingers were. Instinctively she had the urge to move closer to the warmth, huddle close and relax. However, she remained where she sat, for the same reason she chose the first averaged sized table she came to. Not knowing the layout of this tavern, maneuvering safely from one side to the other was rather difficult. She could easily avoid running into the patrons, for even when sitting silent and still Leilani could hear the rhythmic hush of their breathing. She could detect the sounds and smells of a person, but inanimate objects were her worry. Best to quit while you're ahead, so she didn't move.

It was then that she heard the shuffling of feet moving closer to her table before the owner of those feet seated himself at the table where a woman was sitting. She was young and while her guess was elvish, it was possible that she could have been human, for even while sitting in a chair her voice came from higher than the Dwarf's.

"Good morn', lasses, I hope ye be enjoyin' the tavern. Good fine eating they have here, and the ale be even better. I were just thinking, I were, as I strolled to this fine table, as to what pretty ladies ye be, with such pretty dogs besides ya. Ya know, those dogs remind me of some of the uns I seen at the market just a week or two ago. Funny thing, those market dogs. They was fer hunting, methinks, and of a gud size. Fierce, too, but one of 'em seemed to have a little queer side to him. He was a yelping out alouder than the rest, which mad a terr'bul racket, and he seemed quite friendly. Seemed, mind ye. That was when one of the farm lads, coming in with a wagonful of food, mostly mushrooms, I thinks, ya mushrooms. Anyway, this boy he sees the dogs and he decides to himself that he'll greet that queer loud one. Friendly looking, he was. The dog, that is. Though the boy looked pretty friendly, too, I s'pose. But by any rate, this boy came a'greeting this dog all cheerful like, ya know, and then the funniest thing happened. Oh yes, the funniest..." 

She turned in her chair to face him, folding her hands in her lap. Though her eyes weren't any larger than average, the solid red hue made them appear big and slightly out of place set against such pale blue skin. It wasn't unusual for people to find themselves staring, but this Dwarf's attention didn't seem to linger at her face for any longer than was polite.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 12:40:12 AM by Leilani Nakai'ewalu » Logged

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it.
Galthas
Healer
Approved Character

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2009, 03:38:27 AM »

A fat dwarf lumbered through the tunnels of the dwarven city, his jet black hair matted to his head with sweat in the spring humidity. In his hand he held what appeared to be a ball of brown fur, but was actually his Wilderon cat, Almond. Ugh, he thought, why can it not be winter all the time? After a few more huffs of breath and staggering footsteps, he found the sign that said The Kann Kemruhnt and almost collapsed with relief.

He stumbled up to the door of the tavern and fell into it as it opened. As soon as he entered the familiar tavern he collapsed into a rock chair next to a table that two other dwarves were sitting at. He dropped the fur ball in his hand onto the table, and the cat immediately began stretching its legs, only to lay back down as Galthas began petting her behind her ear. Lass, he yelled to the barmaid, I'll hav a san'wich with pig an' an apple ale, if ya don' mind. Glancing back down at the animal he was petting, he added, An' a water. He fumbled in his pouch for money and grasped ten sans, which he laid on the edge of the table for the woman to get when she brought his food.

Now, he turned back to the dwarves he was sitting with and adressed them. Largas, Bythan, how ya doin' lads? he said as he grasped one of Largas's hands with both of his.

Not sa good, said Bythan, as he smiled and petted Almond, Lori's sick, an' the healer don' know what she's got.

Hmph, grunted Galthas. Thinking of the small, blonde girl shivering in a bed with the fever almost made him sick to his stomach. Wat business he got bein' a healer then? A'll av a look at 'er after a've rested here fer a bit. Then the server brought the food and took the money. Thanks, muttered Galthas before he took a large gulp of ale and tore a piece off his sandwich for Almond to eat. Then he poured some of the water into a dish and began vorociously eating his sandwich. Things any better wit you Larg? he managed to get out between bites.

Eh, same as always, sighed the blonde dwarf sitting beside Bythan. Good business 'is month, but had a fire 'at took most uh the money to compensate fer.

By the time he had finished his story, Galthas had finished his sandwich and was gulping up his last bit of ale. Well, he sighed as he rubbed his stomach, we'd better git to yer lass, Byth, afor that idiot healer poisons 'er. Keep an eye on Almond will ya, Larg, we'll only be a little while. He scratched his brown cat's head one more time and saw a nod from Largas before he and the red-haired dwarf Bythan exited the tavern, bound for Bythan's cave.

A person who is not willing to give assistance should not ask for it.
       -Galthas Tavaria, Dwarven Healer
Galthas's CD
Galthas
Healer
Approved Character

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2009, 10:26:00 AM »

The door to the tavern opened again, to reveal a sweating and huffing Galthas, alone, back from Bythan's house. He moved slowly over to the table he left before and sat down again, facing the glare of his friend Largas. An apple ale an' a bowl of doch nuts, if ya don' mind, he yelled to the server, as he pulled his cat into his lap and started to pet her, muttering Good girl, good Almond. He then looked up and noticed the look of scorn on his friend's usually jolly face, and then asked suspiciously Wat's yer problem, Larg?

Ya was gone fer more than a while, Gal, he said as he got up and began pulling his knapsack across his shoulder, Hrom'nig's gonna be livid. He rubbed Almond's ear one more time before walking toward the door as Galthas gave the barmaid who brought his food five sans and a smile.

Galthas popped a nut into his mouth and took a sip of ale before he told the leaving Largas, Ah, she'll git over it, and tell 'er a'll 'ave ya home by uh more reason'ble time next time.

As he was opening the door, Largas turned around and quickly said, Oh, I forgot, how'd it go, 's Lori gonna be okay?

Don' worry, Galthas reassured his friend, jus' a bad cold, she'll be fine by thuh end of the week. He waved goodbye to his friend and looked down into his cat's loving eyes, returning Almond's look of admiration. He popped a few more nuts and drank about half his ale while petting the little brown animal before turning around and looking around the tavern for someone to talk to. After a while of not finding any of his friends, he gave up and reached into his knapsack for his new medical journal and began reading it. He was aware of a thumping noise and screaming in the second floor of the tavern, and was thinking that whoever it was should really keep it down.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 10:28:00 AM by Galthas » Logged

Galthas's CD
Foraste Lydan
Traveling Compendiumist
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2009, 06:55:42 AM »

"A scholar generally doesn't pick a fight, and they certainly wouldn't make assumptions.  After all, they want the truth behind things, not what they think is the truth." Foraste knew he had gotten in too deep. Cabal this, why do I always have to be as stubborn as an ox? Foraste had bluffed and failed. Now it was time to patch up his folly with his head still attached.  "Oh. You should stay your left hand, if not, I'll cut it off before you can get that knife out of it's sheath." His hand snapped back to his side Now was the time to stop.

"Alright you called me, I'm not much of a scholar or a fighter. I'm just stubborn that's all. I'm not writing about you in my notebook, just this tavern. I'll be leaving as soon as a finish anyway. It looks like you have better things to do than quarrel with me so I wont waste your time anymore." Foraste hoped that he had'nt totally ruined his reputation as a learned man.

If you won't take my money, how about a write up?

Foraste Lydan
Isei Fenrir
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2009, 11:33:54 AM »

Alright you called me, I'm not much of a scholar or a fighter. I'm just stubborn that's all. I'm not writing about you in my notebook, just this tavern. I'll be leaving as soon as a finish anyway. It looks like you have better things to do than quarrel with me so I wont waste your time anymore.  Isei smiled, he had gotten what he wanted out of the man.  Though he normally wasn't one who liked to be right, though it was never a bad feeling, this time it gave him a little satisfaction.  Mostly he just didn't like idle threats and liars, but this man was now honest, so he had nothing wrong with him anymore.

"Fret not," Isei said, "I was never planning on attacking, unless you attempted to strike at me.  You have to understand, in an occupation such as mine, catiousness is the greatest asset to have.  When you see someone in a tavern doing what seems to be writing about you you generally want to make sure they are not doing so with malicious intent.  Forgive me for my threatening appearance, I was merely making sure I had covered my tracks well."  He was sure the man would be more than willing to accept his apology, it would probably come as more of a relief than anything.  Once more he gave a quick apology, saying, "Again, I'm sorry if I scared you,", then he left the man.

He made his way back over to Valric, who was contentedly drinking his hearthberry juice.  "Sorry about that, I was just checking to make sure we weren't compromised," he paused and looked back to the other Kasumarii in the tavern, "I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave you again for a minute, there is something that is interesting me at the moment."  Valric simply nodded in reply, and Isei began his way over to the Ka'rii.

Hragnúr Pakthroon
Masked Brewmistress
Approved Character

Dwarf, Kavogerim

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2009, 10:41:33 PM »

Well, it had taken some minutes, but Hragnúr had finally managed to clean up the mess her mother had made. The elder dwarfess did not seem to want to come out of her bad mood, so Hragnúr decided it would be best to leave her alone for a while. That was the odd thing about Hragnúr's mother, Jynée: she could be as angry as Trum-Barol's hammer at one hour of the day, and as sweet as a fairy-mouse the next hour. It was always a guessing game for Hragnúr as she tried to take care of Jynée. Hargnúr's mother had never been the same since...well, that was the past, and there was no use brooding. With a kind word to her mother, Hragnúr returned to the main room of the tavern.

She thought very seriously about having another ale, but hesitated as she had already had one not long ago this morning. She could not make up her mind on the matter, so she decided that she'd let someone else make up her mind for her. She lumbered over to the table at which the gambler, Pragnék, sat fiddling with a few cards. "Pragnék," Hrangúr began, "I be of a flounderin' mind this morn', and I can't make it up on an issue. So play a few rounds of Astragals with me, would ye? If me luck runs well, I'll have a drink, and you can have one as well if ye want. But if me luck runs dry, then I'll keep dry 'til lunchtime. Maybe. Close to lunchtime, by any rate. Heh...well, why don't ye pull out yer bones, and let's see if the Stone Father's favor be on me this morn'."

Pragnék considered her proposal, and agreed. "But," he called out to no one in particular, projecting his comment out into the room, "I hates t'play with only one person, makes the game too simple methinks. Nah, I like a good challenge, some excitement. Any here up for a roll of the bones? Does yah think good fortune's afollowing ya? Well, if yah think that yer god be favoring yah t'day (beggin' yer pardon, Stone Father, I have'ta acknowledge ther beliefs of others. Good business, and all), well then, come play. Don't keep poor old Hragnúr waiting here by herself. Besides, she wagering drinks today, ha!"

Hragnúr was somewhat chagrined that the gambler decided to try and include the whole tavern in their game, and that he had extending her offer of a drink to everyone else. But it would seem grumpy and unfriendly of her to contradict his offer, so she sat silent. She turned a little in her chair to survey the tavern, trying to see who might be the ones brave enough to take up the gambler's challenge.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 08:12:22 PM by Morden Peshirgolz » Logged

If only a drink could truly wash away pasts and wipe away fears; maybe then life would be happy.

-Hragnúr Pakerim-Theroon
Thorin Broadfist
Lonely Smith
Story Mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2009, 10:11:47 AM »

"Yes an' no, my friend. That would be the elderly mother of our brewmistress, and that old lady is prone now to outbursts. Something to do with a 'ard life in the past. But, 'tis strange that she took her anger out on the dishes t'day, in most cases she limits herself only to blows from her tongue. She must 'ave been in a moody spell t'day, but don't ya mind her, she'll most likely be quiet the rest o' the day." Thorin glanced back towards the stairway where the noise that Morden had just explained the source of had come from. Apparently Thorin wasn't the only one more than a little worried about the sound as Morden had just begun to explain the situation to a newcomer, a young lady who looked like she had been walking for at least the past few hours.

Thorin drained his mug as Morden turned back to him and asked, "Well, we've had some drink, do ye feel at all like breakfast, my friend?" Knowing that such an establishment that served this good of ale would boast just as good food, Thorin replied, "Aye, that sounds like a fine idea. I hope they have an ample supply, I'm famished!" He called out to the server that they would like some breakfast, and a bit more ale. Thorin relaxed back into his chair as he thought about the man and the boy that he thought he should recognize. "They just have a look that I know I've seen before but I just can't place them... Thorin's eyes widened as it dawned on him. "By Trum-Baroll's beard..." He leaned over towards Morden, "My friend, do you see that man with the red hair, and that boy with the white hair. They're Kasumarii." Thorin reached for his mug, only to find it empty. "Blast! The time I need a drink and I've finished it already." He tried to calm himself some while he waited for more ale, but his nerves were not yet ready to comply.

I am a blacksmith, nothing more, nothing less.
-Thorin Broadfist
Morden Peshirgolz
The Mystic Voice
Story Mod

Dwarf, Susilgerim Clan

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2009, 10:22:45 PM »

Galkhirril

Galkhirril, after some minutes, finally came to the conclusion of his long winded tale. He even managed to end it with a good moral, telling the two elven ladies that one should "never get ta think too much of yerself; and always be laughing in life," he said as he winked to them. The tale seemed to have had a good effect on the two women. Well, thought the old dwarf, that was the trouble of telling the tale. A good audience always made Galkhirril especially happy. Since these two strangers had turned out to be so attentive to him, Galkhirril had become curious about them.

"Tell me, lasses, a small bit about yerselves, will ye? Where does ya come from, what brings here to Tyr Donian, and where did ye both get such lovely animals to keep ya company? And mind ye, I'm awanting to hear the story of these matters, and don't be afraid, I like a long story. As if ya couldn't tell that one already!" He chuckled to himself as he expectantly glanced from one of their faces to the other.

Morden

Morden had been sitting, eating the breakfast that had just been placed before he and Thorin, when he noticed the two men conversing in the corner of the tavern. One had dark red hair, and the other was a slight man, who seemed like he was a little on the weak side. The two men were talking sharpply to one another, and it looked as if a fight might be about to break out. Something, however, that the red-haired man said seemed to caused the weaker man to suddenly back off.

When another man, this one with snow-white hair, walked into the tavern, the same red-haired man began walking towards the newcomer's table. Morden wondered what this guy could be up to, for he seemed to be making some trouble. Any sort of fight was really the last thing anybody wanted at the tavern, especially while the morning was still young. It was then that Morden noticed that his friend, Thorin, had become much more nervous. "By Trum-Baroll's beard...My friend, do you see that man with the red hair, and that boy with the white hair. They're Kasumarii." Thorin seemed very upset by the presence of the man, and this served to arouse Morden's suspicion further.

Morden stood up, and walked across the tavern to catch a word with the man. He just needed to be sure that he wasn't in a mood to cause trouble. The man was ahead of him, and would reach the newcomer's table before Morden did. Morden hoped that the man would not pull anything rash in the span of time it took Morden to catch up to him. Sure, it was only a few seconds, but how long did it really take to start a fight? Moments, that was all. Morden called out to him, "Ho! Ya fire-haired man, there! Might I be having a word with you?"

Lucian
The Orphan
Approved Character

Human, Kasumarii

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2009, 06:33:31 PM »

He sat back on the stool and ordered the fox to stay beside him. “How much for some water?” he asked anyone who happened to be listening at the time. Lucian shrugged out of the backpack and placed it on his other side. He wriggled his shoulders and circled his neck and, after hearing the satisfying crack of the vertebrae, he untied the strap that was holding the Moonblade to his back and let it fall to the floor beside the backpack.

He was then aware of two people crossing words. He turned in his seat to identify them quickly. There was a young looking man; a scholar it, seemed, from the scroll and quill in his hands. His suspicious-faced companion was the intriguing Kar-ii he had seen earlier, and it didn’t seem like he appreciated whatever it was the scholar was saying. However, the argument, if one can call this pleasant exchange of words such a name, was calm and polite. Lucian’s heart sank a little; he would have looked forward to a good show.

Lucian was suddenly aware that the Kar-ii with the flame-coloured hair was making his way across the room, in his direction. He straightened his back and braced himself, staring deeply into the Kar-ii’s eyes as he walked further forward. There was then a call from someone, somewhere in the room. They demanded this man’s attention, and Lucian was all too happy to let him wander off in response. Lucian frowned, once again trying to rid himself of the yearning for something exciting and dangerous to happen.

Salena smith
Enthusiastic Swordswoman
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2009, 12:17:21 AM »

While sitting at the bar Salena notice many travelers enter the tavern. "This place is well known," she thought to herself.  Salena brought herself to pick up her tired body and move to a table near the far wall. "Wouldn't want to be in the way if anyone wanted to stir up some trouble," noticing a man walking strong toward the man that entered.

"Ma'am could I get some water to drench my thirst?" Asked Salena while putting three sans on the table, hoping it was enough.  Looking around the room and seeing everyone in their own world, wheither its talking to someone or just sitting by themselves, Salena felt totally comfortable.

The smell of the fire and picturing a nice warm bed almost put Salena to sleep but the eccense of people around quickly tore her from the dream world.

I am and always will be me. I have my faults and mood swings so if you cant handle me at my worst then you dont deserve me at my best. :) Salena's CD
Galthas
Healer
Approved Character

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2009, 08:39:00 AM »

Galthas closed the heavy, leather-bound book he was reading and swept a bit of hair behind his ear that had come out. He took his old glasses off and started rubbing the bridge of his nose. "I'ma gettin' too ol' for me own good," he muttered under his breath. Opening his eyes and letting them readjust to the light of the tavern, he looked down to find his brown-haired cat had dozed off to sleep. He turned around, thinking he needed to find a bit of interaction with some of the other tavern partons.

He saw one dwarf, the one called Morden, walking after a Kasumarii, who was walking like a man on a warpath toward another Kasumarii. Ugh, a fight, he thought to himself, I really hope not. Eventually, his eyes settled on two dwarves, one a woman with light brown hair and the other the joyful Pragnek, playing a game of dice. He looked down at his beloved pet and thought it best not to wake her up. Grunting as he stood up, as his locked-up joints liked it better in the chair, he started toward the table.

He lumbered over to the table with the dice game going on and sat down heavily on a seat beside the dwarfess he thought was called Hragnur. "I seem to 'member you sayin' some'ing 'bout inviting others to ya game," he said to the gambler, "Ah'm a little bored over there by maself." He motioned to the table he had formerly been sitting at, before asking enthusiastically with a twinkle in his eye, "So, mates, how much's the bet?"

Galthas's CD
Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2009, 10:58:46 AM »

A red haired human youth, on the verge of adulthood, enters the tavern. His grey eyes scan the room quickly, noting the dwarves, humans, elves and any other races that are present. Limping slightly, he walks further into the tavern, still feeling the effects of a recent injury. He is wearing a brightly coloured shirt, leather pants and a cloak over the top of the shirt and pants. A pair of shoes are on his feet.

Different to what I'm used to, he thinks to himself, his thoughts turning to the Black Butterfly Rovers almost instantly. With those thoughts come a sigh, the youth wishing he was able to perform already, it had been 3 weeks now since that last injury, he feels in himself he is right to perform again, but others, others amongst the Rovers who 'knew better' said no. It was the Rovers who sent him here to Tyr Donain to find an audience for their next show and he was determined to do so, and, who knows, Dek might even have a bit of fun while he's here, he thinks to himself.

Dek walks towards the bar, uncertain what to do in such places. This was his first time to strike out on his own, and definitely his first time in a tavern, the sights, smells and sounds were disturbing him slightly, being, as he was used to the outdoors.

Any chance of getting something to drink, Dek asked the dwarf behind the bar, his cloak and shirt moving slightly and revealing his black butterfly tattoo.  Dek made no attempt to cover it up ... 'why should I', Dek thinks, 'it is who I am.'

Seeking the truth, whatever the cost! - Deklitch Hardin, Elf Friend
Foraste Lydan
Traveling Compendiumist
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2009, 07:34:46 PM »

"Don't Fret," the Kasumarii's apology was succinct and soon Foraste was sitting on his own again. That was too close. Foraste always managed to get himself into arguments, but not always out of them. He finished his ale in one scorching gulp and got up from the table.

He walked up to the now crowed bar, the smells of food cooking caressed his nose as he got closer, the collection of drinks was significant, and looking at the menu so was the food. The gambler extended an invitation too all of the customers about gambling, the offer sounded good; but Foraste's meager supply of coins was too small to waste.

Foraste continued upstairs for a survey of the rooms. Most of them had dwarf-sized beds but a few were larger. He turned around to return to the main body of the tavern just as a red haired boy entered the tavern, he looked like fellow erpheronian.

Glad to see people from so far away also in the tavern Foraste continued down the steps and over to the bar, there he was joined by a content looking Thad carrying a bit of bread. Foraste turned and looked back into the tavern and sat down. The crowd had grown much larger and the tavern was booming with activity.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 10:28:40 PM by Foraste Lydan » Logged

If you won't take my money, how about a write up?

Foraste Lydan
Hragnúr Pakthroon
Masked Brewmistress
Approved Character

Dwarf, Kavogerim

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2009, 10:29:08 PM »

"So, mates, how much's the bet?"

"Well, there lad, thank'ee for a'coming to meet me little challenge," smiled Pragnék, the gambler. "The bet can be whatever ye wish to chance," he began, adding quickly after a sharp glance from Hragnúr, "but I usually limit the bet's to five sans on any round." He looked around the tavern slyly, while raising his voice ever so subtly, "I do usually like to play with a larger group o'persons," he turned to Galthas and lowered his voice again, "but no reason the three of us can't get started right away."

Just then, Hragnúr noticed the young boy that had entered the tavern and walked to the bar. "Any chance of getting something to drink?" Hragnúr excused herself from the table for the moment and walked over to the bar, "I be in charge of the drinking 'bout here, lad. Ya age seems a bit too tender for, if ya don't mind me saying, so I'll offer ye some water or Hearthberry juice. Water is free for ye first glass, and the juice be 3 sans." She paused to let the boy answer, and took a moment to scutinize his appearance more closely. His bright red hair made him stand out from your usual customer, and he had been limping slightly. Kinda like ol' Morden over there, she thought, just without being so old, I wonder why he limps.

She noted the tattoo that was on his shoulder, one of a black butterfly. "I see ya be a Rover, lad, ya must be well-traveled. Are ya fellows in town? It's been a time since I saw a Rover show. Some dwarves don't like the Rover, since they can be troublesome, and we don't take kindly to stealing," she stared piercedly at him, before winking and continuing, "but I've always enjoyed seeing ya shows. Only seen it twice before in me life, though. But at any rate, I'll get ya drink for ye, if ye'll tell me what ye want."

As Hragnúr was taking care of the new customer, Pragnék was explaining the game to Galthas. "Now see, lad, this be the game o'Astragals, played with the bones of two sheep's ankles. Six numbers be on each bone and ye'll roll like so," with a flourish he tossed the bones onto the table, "and if the great Stone Father be smiling on ya today, ye'll earn a fair share o'money. As soon as good ol' Hragnúr comes back, we'll roll. The first to roll all the numbers of the bones, 2 through 12, wins. What be yer bet, lad?"

If only a drink could truly wash away pasts and wipe away fears; maybe then life would be happy.

-Hragnúr Pakerim-Theroon
Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2009, 05:27:38 AM »

Dek started when Hragnúr spoke to him.

"I be in charge of the drinking 'bout here, lad. Ya age seems a bit too tender for, if ya don't mind me saying, so I'll offer ye some water or Hearthberry juice. Water is free for ye first glass, and the juice be 3 sans."

Dek considered her words as he thought Milon always told me to try Hearthberry juice, he was about to reply, but instead endured her inspection of him, and then the questions came.

"I see ya be a Rover, lad, ya must be well-traveled. Are ya fellows in town? It's been a time since I saw a Rover show. Some dwarves don't like the Rover, since they can be troublesome, and we don't take kindly to stealing," she stared piercedly at him, before winking and continuing, "but I've always enjoyed seeing ya shows. Only seen it twice before in me life, though. But at any rate, I'll get ya drink for ye, if ye'll tell me what ye want."

"You are right, I am too young to have anything other than water or Hearthberry juice. Milon told me I should try Hearthberry juice sometime, so I'll have that," Dek replied, reaching into his pocket for the three sans. Then, he spoke again, "yes, I'm a Rover. The others are stopped outside of town. They sent me in to see if anyone wanted to come and watch us perform. I'm trained as a gymnast. Although I won't be performing here, I'm still injured from a training accident. I have another week or two to go, before I can perform again. My name is Dek, and I won't steal anything from you."

Dek smiled as he said that and waited for his Hearthberry juice.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 03:32:13 PM by Deklitch Hardin » Logged

Seeking the truth, whatever the cost! - Deklitch Hardin, Elf Friend
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]