Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Urrrik, Ban-Yuk Ogre, Companion  (Read 2007 times)
Urrrik the Ogre
Furry Monstrosity
Approved Character

Ogre, Ban-Yuk

« on: June 08, 2009, 07:39:09 AM »

Name: Urrrik

Race: Ogre

Tribe: Ban-Yuk

Title: Furry Monstrosity

Height: 2 peds, 2 fores, 2 palmspans

Weight: 4 pygges, 1 heb

Eye color: Red

Hair color: Dark Brown

Physical Appearance

Many words can describe Urrrik, but handsome is most certainly not one of them. He possesses a face that no mother in her right mind could possibly love. This face is squat and wide, and his head bypasses any neck he might have had, sitting squarely on his broad shoulders. Urrrik rarely keeps his mouth closed due to the numerous large teeth projecting in an array of random directions from his horrific maw. His right eye is nearly swollen shut, due to an abnormally healed breakage of Urrrik’s right cheekbone. His left is immense and usually very wide open, making it appear to bulge out of its socket as if it would burst right off the beast’s head any moment. His long jaw extends down past his shoulders, distended in an open position to make room for Urrrik’s many teeth. His long, pointed ears are usually extended back, pressed flat against the ogre’s head. A furry bristle of hair rises up from the top of his forehead and tapers to its end in the middle of the monster’s back.

Urrrik’s body is built up with a great amount of muscle, especially throughout his shoulders and arms. His hands are broad and have very long fingers, all of which end in large, sharp claws. His left hand is not entirely whole, however, as it is not only missing the fourth and fifth fingers as well as the top third of his middle finger but is also cleft between his middle and index fingers. This causes his middle finger to protrude at an angle away from the other two fingers, in addition to the fact that this finger cannot be bent at the knuckle. Urrrik’s left wrist is locked in one position, bent slightly downward, and cannot be moved from this position. Urrrik posses a torso built like a tree trunk, but covered front and back with various scars. His legs are short in comparison with the rest of his body, and his feet are quite large, with disgustingly long yellow claws growing from his toes. Urrrik’s right foot is missing its middle toe and is cleft where the toe once was.

Clothing

As far as what most other races would call clothing goes, Urrrik only wears a simple loincloth to cover the scariest parts of his person, at the request of his only human friend, Caol Johannes. But we would be remiss in our attempt to describe this beast’s character if a moment were not taken to survey the other varied items which adorn his massive body. Urrrik wears two necklaces, the first made up of sturdy vine looped through a variety of skulls, teeth, and claws from kills made by the ogre. The most noticeable of these trophies are three Gob-Oc orc skulls, obtained from the years Urrrik spent living in the Tandala Highlands. The second necklace is a metal chain looped through a once beautiful but now battered great helm, bearing the symbols of the Order of the White Knights. Urrrik also wears the cloak that obviously once belong to the unfortunate knight, which looks rather ridiculous on our ogre friend, since it is far too small to cover his back and he has had to tie it around his neck with some sturdy vine. On his left arm is a row of long bones, probably leg bones of various animals, tied in a tight circle about his forearm. These bones can act as a sort of makeshift shield for a short time, as they are tied around by a great amount of vines.

Personality   

Me. The central cog to the life philosophy of Urrrik the ogre, who only sees the world through his own eyes, from his own perspective. Urrrik is very egocentric, and considers nothing but his own self, with the lone occasional exception of his friend Caol Johannes. Urrrik is almost always happy, and only becomes confuses or saddened when confronted with physical pain. Urrrik finds great pleasure in hunting and eating, his favorite activities, and feels nothing but a thrill from the sport of killing. One would think that Urrrik would become angry if another ogre intruded on his territory, but actually in Urrrik’s mind it is simply a great game. In the days before his injuries, he was a dominant ogre who won many such contests, and he has always loved the excitement of a fight. After defeating an opponent, Urrrik is thrilled at winning but forgets about his opponent as soon as his attention leaves them. In this way, he is neither angry nor remorseful in killing enemies, for he does not even realize the gravity of his act.

Him. Uurrrrrriiik! The only friend this ogre has is the man who calls him Urrrik, Caol Johannes. When Urrrik was recovering from his injuries, Caol’s kindness was great enough to cause the ogre to be able to see the world from someone else’s perspective, if at least for a short while. Urrrik, due to his unsociable nature, does not spend great amounts of time with city-dwelling Caol, but whenever the young man is out in the wilderness Urrrik can usually scent him out. Though Urrrik’s less graceful qualities make him somewhat of a nuisance to Caol, his eagerness to please has made their friendship a useful alliance to the young Erpheronian. Caol is the only other person in the world that Urrrik takes real notice of, and because of Caol this odd ogre is able to live a life outside the Tandalas.

Strengths

Me Big
Urrrik is of massive size and strength, making him a fearsome opponent to deal with. He can overpower most of his opponents with brute strength, which is a good thing since he lacks in the cunning department. Urrrik also is good at carrying many heavy things, a boon to anyone who might be his friend, if they don’t mind whatever he carries picking up his distinctive scent. Urrrik also has the ability to travel through places that a weaker creature would struggle to enter, such as crashing his way through a particularly thick forest, or scaling very steep mountain areas.

Me Scary
Urrrik’s terrifying appearance and repugnant odor are often, believe it or not, a help to the big furry monstrosity. This powerful one-two punch allows him to avoid a fair number of potential conflicts, as those who stumble upon him are either scared out of their pants, or cannot manage to bear the pungency of his aroma for very long. During an actual conflict, he is a great guy to have on your side, though, as he is about as demoralizing as they come to enemy combatants.

Me have pointy goat stick
Urrrik is one of the few ogres to carry around with him the horn of a Capricus goat, a rare item for an ogre to carry. Urrrik obtained this advantageous weapon when he accidentally knocked a boulder off of a cliff from which he was stalking one such goat below him. By some miracle of fate, a one and a half ped horn broke off intact from the goat’s smashed carcass, giving Urrrik the double blessing of a meal and a new weapon.

Me have big club, too
Urrrik only uses his goat horn occasionally, since it is such a special weapon, and so carries with him a large wooden club. It is simply a plain club, as Urrrik is not the creative sort, but the many dents and scrapes across its surface after years of use have given it a little character. Urrrik does not have what other races would call skill with his club. He simply uses the strategy that might be aptly dubbed “smash’n’bash”: He simply keeps swinging away ‘til he makes contact with something.

Me have friend
Caol Johannes, Urrrik's rescuer at one point, is now his one and only human friend. Caol is a great help to Urrrik, bringing him food in times of need, while also helping him to stay out of danger most of the time. Urrrik certainly can use Caol's good set of brains, as the ogre is often unaware of the more subtle dangers that a human-dominated world can throw his way.

Weaknesses

A few sans short of a copperbard
Urrrik, bless his big ogre heart, is unfortunately lacking of any serious amount of useful tissue in the area of his head that lies betwixt his ears. He is an ogre through and through, and as such cannot speak, or do math, or much else that requires any amount of serious or continuous thinking. If it cannot be expressed in a sentence of at most four or five words, you can consider that concept out of the grasp of this big fellow. Trickery and treachery are things he cannot fathom, unless it be through his natural instinct for dangerous situations. Even then, Urrrik will nine times out of ten ignore his instincts and plow forward with abandon into whatever he is doing at that moment.

“Urrrik! Pay attention!”
Well, as you may have guessed, with such a limit span of intelligence comes a very narrow span of attention. Urrrik is a creature of the moment, living in the here and now, meaning that he can only keep his attention on what is in his immediate vision. Even then, distractions will keep pulling him away in numerous directions at any time. Hunger is really the only thing that manages to focus him, forcing him to hunt down food. He also has shown some small improvement in attention when around his friend Caol, for whom he can perform some small tasks if he is not asked to keep focused on them for too long.

Ugly as sin and can stink the paint right off the side of a barn
While Urrrik’s special kind of beauty and his unique scent combine to help him avoid potential enemies, they also tend to keep potential friends at a far distance away from him.  Even his one-time rescuer turned friend Caol can only spend so much time with our dear ogre before being overwhelmed by his less appealing qualities. Besides, the bad stigma that comes with being an ogre doesn’t help things, but drives people to try and kill him just to be rid of his stinking ugly face. The petty things some races get angry over…

Ouch
Through a terrible, trying series of events, Urrrik received many serious injuries at one time in his life. Nearly proving fatal, these injuries have left him with several lasting effects. The first is his left hand, which is missing several fingers, is cleft between his index and middle fingers, and has lost much of its mobility. This is a hindrance to him in battle, and also in trying to tie vines or carry cumbersome objects. Urrrik’s right foot is missing its middle toe, and is also cleft where the toe once was. This forces him to walk with a limp, which at his long gait makes appear to hop and skip along as he runs. This limits his mobility moving to his right, and has taken some of the speed out of his ability to run.

The Lengths We Go For Our Friends
Urrrik, while gaining many good things from his relationship with Caol, also is forced to put himself at some risk to aid his friend. Simply spending time together is an issue, since Urrrik must stay hidden from local human settlements. Oftentimes Urrrik will venture nearer to such places than he otherwise would, out of devotion to his friend. Urrrik also is faithful to defend Caol in a fight, and will become involved in a conflict he otherwise wouldn't for the sake of his companion.

History

Urrrik was born at some early point in his history, and ate a lot, and slept a lot, and fought a lot. His history at that point was quite normal for an ogre, and quite uneventful. He had a large territory, he had several mates throughout his life, and all in all he was quite an accomplished ogre. It was not until he was twenty years old that anything occurred that is of particular interest to us. Urrrik was hungry and hunting for food one day when he came upon the strong scent of meat. Enticed by the aroma, he hurried to its source to find several dead deer lying in a pile in a small enclosure of trees. This seemed quite odd, and Urrrik felt a momentary pang of uneasiness that was almost immediately wiped away by his hunger and glee at his find. Urrrik began walking towards the deer when all of a sudden pain began shooting up his leg. Looking down, Urrrik saw that a wooden stake was sticking up through his right foot!

He hurriedly backed up, right into the cage that was waiting for him, placed there by Gob-Oc orcs. Urrrik thrashed against the cage in his confusion, and several orcs began poking him with stakes to draw some blood and quiet him for the moment. One of the stakes passed through Urrrik’s left hand, and as the ogre attempted to dislodge his hand from the painful object, it ripped away and his wrist slammed against the bars of the cage. The orcs had caught Urrrik for the purpose of using him in a raid, since most ogres can be driven into a blood-frenzy by lack of food. However, Urrrik was not a creature who often became angry, rather seeing the world as one giant game for him to play in. Therefore, as he sat trapped within his cage he lost all will to live. Bleeding from many gashes made by the orcs, he laid down in his cage, intending never to get up again. After, the game must be over now. They had cheated.

Urrrik, in his current state, was no longer useful to the orcs. They had moved his cage along with several other ogres to a campsite near the Erpheronian lands as the orcs prepared for their coming conflict. When they saw his condition, they left him to die, as it was not worth the effort to kill the ogre or to move his immense weight to another location. A week later, the orcs had left their campsite to return to their own lands, and Urrrik was left alone. He was near death when Caol Johannes, a young Erhperonian and son of a local noble, happened to find him. Curious about the beast, Johannes left a large amount of cattle meat, stolen since the young man was not very wealthy, and through a clever device set up a rope such that the front door of the cage could be let down from a distance. When Caol did pull that rope, releasing Urrrik, the beast was after some minutes driven to the food by hunger.

When he had finished eating, however, he returned to his previous position as he continued to heal. Caol continued to bring him food for several weeks, and Urrrik continued to grow stronger. One early morning, as Caol again was laying food before the ogre cage, Urrrik woke up and saw the lad there. By some miracle of fate or gods or ogre brains, the connection was somehow made in Urrrik's mind the Caol was the bringer of the food. This was an entirely new and confusing concept to the ogre, but he immediately felt a great love and obligation to the young man before him. "UUUURRRRRRIIIIIKKKKK!!!!!!"he shouted in greeting to the human, and that has become his name ever since.

Caol overcame his initial shock and fear of being discovered by an ogre to realize the ally that his new friend could make. While there were certainly many drawbacks to keeping company with an ogre, Urrrik’s eagerness to please and the novelty of the entire situation were enough to persuade Caol into continuing his contact with the beast. Over the past two years Caol has come to actually care for the ogre as much as he would for a favorite dog, and Urrrik continues to live in the wilderness surrounding the city of Nyermersys, where Caol currently lives.

Belongings

Other than that which he wears upon his person, Urrrik keeps no extra belongings with him, other than his weapons. These are his Capricus goat horn and his large wooden club.

Familiars

Caol Johannes
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 06:31:07 AM by Kalína Mërénwèn » Logged
Markus Boadicea
The Lonely Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 10:15:39 AM »

He looks fun Urrrik, I think you can expect a relatively quick approval.

No one holds command over me. No man. No god. No prince. What is a claim of age for ones who are immortal? What is a claim of power for ones who defy death? Call your damnable hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming to hell with me.

http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=7491.0
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 10:20:46 AM »

Hello Urrrrrrrrrrik! ;) I know you are awaiting comments, yet my time has run short for today with work early in the morning. This is my IOU for tomorrow afternoon. Feel free to poke me with PMs if I "forget".

:)

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 06:11:49 AM »

Read through it, and I love it! Well done, Morden! We should add it to the list of "Reference List"

:D ~First Approval~ from me.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Urrrik the Ogre
Furry Monstrosity
Approved Character

Ogre, Ban-Yuk

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 10:33:06 AM »

Me. Me Uuuurrrrriiikkk. Maaawwrrdeennn? Not me. Gggraaarrrrllllll!

Seriously, though, thanks very much, Kali. I'm very glad that you liked, it was a lot of fun to write. I look forward to the opportunity to RP with this furry monstrosity, he should be lots of fun for everybody. Thanks! :)
Rookie Brownbark
Skydiver
Mini-mod

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 04:50:27 AM »

Seeing as I asked for Urrrik to be in Caol's strengths and weaknesses, I kind of feel Caol should be in Urrrik's too.  Again, I don't think it's going to unbalance you, because although Caol probably prevents Urrik from being killed/hunted by some people, he's also the reason the Ogre goes into places where they might be in the first place.  I just feel it's an important part of his character.

Otherwise though, excellent CD - I agree with Kali that this is a perfect example of how to write an Ogre :D

Markus Boadicea
The Lonely Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 03:13:48 PM »

Very good Urrrik. Makes my CD look kind of weak. ;)

No one holds command over me. No man. No god. No prince. What is a claim of age for ones who are immortal? What is a claim of power for ones who defy death? Call your damnable hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming to hell with me.

http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=7491.0
Urrrik the Ogre
Furry Monstrosity
Approved Character

Ogre, Ban-Yuk

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 10:56:49 AM »

Thanks, Alastor, but your CD certainly isn't weak. You shouldn't put yourself down, your doing a good job and I'm sure with a little work you'll get those approvals coming. Besides, this isn't the first time I've written a character. Trust me, I had plenty of trouble trying to figure things out at the beginning.

OK, Caol is now integrated into the S&W. Thanks, Rooks!
Rookie Brownbark
Skydiver
Mini-mod

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 04:40:05 PM »

And you have my

~Second Approval~

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 06:31:31 AM »

Titled and Archived! :D

Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]