Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

- THE CD FORUM POSTICON SYSTEM -

Below is a summary on the posticons used for the character description approval process. The posticon of the first post should always be edited according to the current state of completion of the character description (either by the player, a Moderator or an Administrator).
1) PLAYER - CD is incomplete. Use this posticon if you have not finished your CD.  4) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by one moderator. A second mod's approval is needed.
 2) PLAYER - CD is completed. Use this if you have finished working on your CD.  5) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by two moderators. An Administrator should soon take care of the titling.
 3) MODERATOR - An expert's opinion is needed. The specific field in which the expert's help is needed should be added to the title.  6) ADMINISTRATOR - An administrator has titled the character, and the thread will soon be moved to the CD Archives.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sývaein Sorossa/Erpheronian/Sparkworker  (Read 4520 times)
Sývaein Sorossa
Scintillating Firestarter
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 12:55:20 AM »

Ha! Errors have been removed!

The world will end in beautiful prose
And terrible fire
Just because it should
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 12:41:23 PM »

Remove the color and we can get you on your way.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Sývaein Sorossa
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009, 12:48:15 PM »

So it is written, and so it was done! Colour has been removed!

And terrible fire
Just because it should
Ohénmár Celeste
Fair-Haired Wanderer
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Ylfferhim/ Eyelian

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 01:19:24 PM »

I hope no one minds me saying: congrats! I guese your basicly done.

~Understanding the world is understanding yourself~
                      •ş•Ohénmár Celeste•ş•
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2009, 03:17:10 PM »

Titled and Archived.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Azhira Styralias
Shamaness
Approved Character

Half-elf, Aellenrhim/ Erpheronian

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 11:25:45 AM »

Bumped up as requested!  Pet

"Be still and I shall calm your mind and mend your broken body."
Sývaein Sorossa
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 12:54:17 PM »

Finished.

Added Sphere 2 spell casting (making Syvaein a level four mage), made him older, since he is meant to be the oldest brother, and added two years to Gar's age.

And terrible fire
Just because it should
Malexia Vendu
Tainted Flame
Story Mod

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2010, 10:41:13 PM »

Since you updated the Magic section, it deserves comment.  :)

Magic
While not an especially gifted mage, Sývaein has learned enough to have attained the fourth level of spell casting. His specialty is the “Sparkling Stream” spell, with generous applications of “Light” and the ever fundamental “Rise Flame”, which he uses to keep himself clear of the smoke from fires and torches.

(So far, the spells you are attempting can be done well within Sphere I techniques.)

Sývaein excels, when not afflicted by the results, with the manipulation of the physical properties of ounia; the so called field of "Pyrification".

(What you are trying to say here is you are knowledgable in the physical representation of fire. There is no such thing as "physical properties of ounia." There are two divisions: Physical (i.e. fireballs) and Spiritual i.e. Entice or Demoralize). "Pyrification" would instead be called the "Sphere of Ignition", meaning you have the ability to "ignite" both physically and spiritually.)

In spite of this, the manipulation of the spiritual properties of his element illude (elude) him at every turn, and require a great deal of focus on his part to perform even the simplest adjustments within Sphere 1.

(Really, there is no difference between the Spiritual and Physical. There should be no great deal of difference with the ability to focus on one or the other. What is the difference is "preference". Many magi choose to focus on either Physical or Spiritual, and some are adept at both. In the end, the techniques are the same: you are manipulating fire ounia. I think a better way is to say you prefer the use of Physical over Spiritual for no other reason than the Physical is better for showmanship and entertainment. And, after your fiery mishap, I am surprised that you wouldn't choose some preference for Spiritual if nothing else because it's "safer".)

Sývaein can manage a barely passable manipulation of the spiritual elements of fire and only under the strictest of circumstances, which are rarely attained given his "choice" of company. When compared to his peers, Sývaein consistently fails to demonstrate a similar level of aptitude without a great deal of concentration. Unfortunately, Sývaein's concentration is easily destroyed by his affliction, which tends to cause his spells to fizzle. Syvaein understands the second sphere of fire magic, and uses it to great effect when he can, enhancing his fireworks with flashes of light and occasionally small balls of fire.

(You don't really need Sphere II to accomplish this. There is nothing wrong with knowing techniques of SII, but your explanations on how you would use it is a bit short. Maybe expand a bit? Light and fireworks can be done by a lvl 3 mage just fine.)

Syvaein enjoys the use of the "Firebolt" and "Flash" spells in performances, and would try to use some of the more simple manipulations of the spiritual side of the element were he not such an inept dullard when it came to working with it.

(Please explain what you mean by the more "simple manipulations of the spiritual side". Also, Firebolt and Flash are fairly destructive spells...I do hope you use them in places where you wouldn't accidentally hit a barn or house! And, I don't think blinding your audience with Flash would get you many repeat performances either... ;))

Sývaein Sorossa
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2010, 11:14:03 AM »

I'd meant the flash to be sort of an "end performance bang" Flash! And the wizard disappears.

And terrible fire
Just because it should
Malexia Vendu
Tainted Flame
Story Mod

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 04:04:25 AM »

Magic section looking good so far, Valan!  :)

Malexia Vendu
Tainted Flame
Story Mod

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2010, 06:17:30 AM »

You are not clear on what sort of Sphere II abilities you employ in your magic. Simply for just the better versions of Sparkling Stream?

Sývaein Sorossa
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2010, 11:43:26 AM »

I'm still trying to get a bit of the hang of sphere two, but the firebolt spell (which seems to be a bit more flexible than Quilroshe's fireball) as well as extinguish and flash have some sort of reference in there as well. As I said, I'm trying to work out the limits of what one can do with sphere two, and they appear to be few and far between.

And terrible fire
Just because it should
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]