Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ximax  (Read 22574 times)
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2010, 05:27:03 PM »

Talia looks around the room, but there is no table left big enough for all her friends. Oh, over there - a group of people seems to have finished their breakfast and are leaving. But before she can go over and occupy the table for her group, the red-haired man sitting with Blueeyes stands up, waves around with his arms as if he wants to invite the whole inn and then walks over to the now free tables.

Talia is not sure, if she is meant with the waving as well as she doesn‘t know this person. A short glance around shows her, that Terra and Ta‘las are coming as well. So, what to do? Well, the two tables are big enough for her friends, Blueeyes and Redhair, and she wants to talk to that nice girl anyway, so she goes over to great first the young woman, and then the man.

„Hello dear,“ she addresses the young woman.“We met already yesterday, didn‘t we? I promised you to introduce you to Swing. It would be nice, if you could join us. Your companion seems to wait for you anyway and as this is the only table left, I think we need to join him.“

With mixed feelings Talia walks to the redhaired, fairly young looking man. There is something about him she knows, but she cannot grasp it. There is something entirely wrong, but what? Should she be more cautious and wait till Capher arrives, maybe there is magic involved? Capher? Why does Capher‘s image occupy her mind? She puts it away, the here and now is important. With a small, attentive smile she goes over to the tables.

„Good morning, Sir! Would you mind, if my friends and me would join you? There are no other free tables big enough for all of us. And I had the impression, that you waved at me, though I don‘t know, why I have the honour to be invited by you. Oh, sorry, may I introduce me? I‘m Ta‘lia of the Seven Jewels. Nice to meet you.“

And she stretches out her hand to greet him.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2010, 04:53:56 AM »

„Good morning, Sir! Would you mind, if my friends and me would join you? There are no other free tables big enough for all of us. And I had the impression, that you waved at me, though I don‘t know, why I have the honour to be invited by you. Oh, sorry, may I introduce me? I‘m Ta‘lia of the Seven Jewels. Nice to meet you" Talia said to Capher and stretches out her hand in greeting.

Capher forehead wrinkled in thought for a brief moment. She does not know me. Have I changed that much? He quickly recalled the image he had seen in the water bucket and realized that yes, he had changed and in more ways than just in appearance. He was full of energy, bursting with youthful excitement and mischieviousness. If this had occured during the latter part of what the Elves call Meh'avashin or "Changing Winds or the early part of the month of Ale'vevan or "Singing Bird" Capher would be in a mating mood, much like he was when he had taken too much of that rejuvenation liquid Talia had given him after his bout with Bium.

There were other things that had changed about him as well. His memory for one thing and his knowledge of just how powerful a wizard he really was. He was like no wizard of Ximax, for he was born with Car'all; the magic of Calereth. The magic that the mages of Ximax strive to master and have levels of that mastery and in a human's life span usually only one of the five elements does he or she attempt to master. An Elf, with their longer lifespan could probably master two, possibly three depending upon their talent, but Capher did not need to learn. He thought it and it became or was destroyed, depending upon which his will wanted.  It is this part that Capher was most thankful for to the Orb, that it did not take away the wisdom he had acquired. Oh, the messes he made when as a youth living among humans...no he would not care for those again. But back to Talia.

Capher smiled at Talia with a twinkle in his eye, he takes her hand and gently brushes his lips against her knuckles and murmurs, "The Seven Jewels could never compare to your beauty Lady Talia," He released her hand, "I am pleased to meet you as well, I waved you over because we were to meet today along with Lady Terra and young Master Ta'las and our little friend Roosjie and her ride Inuya. The young girl that I saw you talking to, her name is Sondirra and I have invited her to join us for breakfast and perhaps something else, if you all agree." Capher paused as he gazed into Talia's eyes. "Have I changed that much Talia? I am Capher," he said with a grin.
Sondirra Moryveen
Chronicler
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2010, 03:05:48 AM »

Coincidence?  The stranger at her table sees that his friends arrive at the same time that Ahj Nivic and the rest of his group arrives.  There will be no way all of them can fit at this table.  She almost wishes she hadn't allowed him to sit with her.

That problem is instantly resolved when he excuses himself in favour of another table near the back of the room.  She gives him a pleasant smile, thankful that he is leaving.  Now, will Ahj and his sister and their friends join her?  The table will still be too small.  She sighs.

The sister approaches her, and Sondirra tries hard to control her breathing, lest it give away her excitement at having the strange woman join her.  The stranger speaks, her accent beautiful sounding; exotic!  She is inviting Sondirra to join her and the redheaded stranger that had been sharing her table just moments before.  She is with him?  Oh!  How exciting!

"Uhm... if you are sure it won't be an imposition...," her voice trails off as the woman walks toward the redhead man's table.  Sondirra stands quickly, not wanting to miss a single word; a single gesture.  Grabbing her milk, it splashes up around the rim of the mug and onto her fingers.  Stuffing her journal under her arm and holding the ink bottle in her mouth, she steps after the stranger, then reaches back and grabbing her bread; poking a hole into it so she can stuff the egg into it.  Wasting food isn't going to help anyone!

Satisfied she has everything, she scurries over to the new table.  What is it the woman said?  Promised to introduce her to Swing?  Was that a nickname?  For Ahj?  Perhaps for the way he wielded his weapon; slashing down his enemies with a mighty heart, bringing justice to the world!  Oh, this was so much fun!

Talia!  Talia of the Seven Jewels!  That was her name.  A princess maybe?  That would explain her exotic voice and her imperial being!  That was why her and Ahj had left their home!  Evil mages had taken over their palace, forcing them on the run with their small band of loyal subjects.

Oh!  She just knows she will forget most of this by the time she has a moment to write it all down.  Why can't one of those brownie folk invent a tool that can write the words if you spoke them?  The little folk seemed to invent everything else!  Not that she'd ever met a brownie.  What were they like?

It was then that she realizes that her imaginations are distracting her from the redhead man's words.  Apparently his name is Capher and he was telling the princess about her and how he had invited her to join them.

"Mmmphmm."  Oh, this isn't going to work!  She tries to set down her bread/egg, but her journal slips out from under her arm and hits the floor with a loud "thump".  She takes the ink bottle from her mouth and sets it down beside the mug of milk.  "Er, sorry."

She picks up her journal and puts it on the table.  "Nice to meet you Princess Talia." 

Something tastes bitter on her lips and she grimaces before wiping it with her finger.  She notices with horror the streak of ink that now covers her finger.  Oh, just great!

Roosje Greenfields
White Messenger
Story Mod

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2010, 04:37:31 AM »

Roosje had taken a wise decision to stay in her corner, she decides, when it isnot clear for a moment who will sit where. Two larger tables empty pretty close to where she is waiting, but before one of her friends can find them and claim them for the group, a red-headed man walks over, waving to someone.

It looks for a moment like the tables will be taken immediately, but then it turns out that Talia is the one who the man was waving to. That's... strange, to say the least. Perhaps she ought to go a bit closer and listen to their conversation, to find out how the man knows the desert woman. He is at least not someone that Roosje recognises. Just as she wants to carry out her decision, her attention is distracted by someone else joining the table. So who is that then? Again, not someone the white Brownie knows. She is torn for a moment whether or not she should go there. In the end she does decide to join Talia, at the very least she can ask what all this is about.

The woman is so busy paying attention to Talia and her companion, that she is oblivious to the ink that is leaking from the little bottle she is holding in her mouth. With a sudden mischievous urge, she decides to further confuse her a little. After all, how many people really knew Brownies? To most she had met on earlier travels, she was not much more than a doll, until she could convince them that yes, she really was alive.

The red fox she is seated on jumps up on a chair on her command, then up to the table itself. Casual as may be, the Brownie then directed her right past the woman, who has by now discovered the ink stain in her mouth. With a little wave, Roosje goes past her and stops next to Talia, who is standing close by. "Good morning!" she calls out. Then, try as she might, she cannot resist a small glance backwards to see what her entrance has done.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 05:50:03 AM by Roosje Greenfields » Logged

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2010, 07:30:32 AM »

Talia looks fascinated in the face of the man who is standing before her, smiling at her, to whom she has just introduced herself, stretched out her hand. There is something she knows, but she is not able to put her finger on it. These eyes, large and bright with different colours, she knows them. But the dark hair, with the promise of red in it is what strikes her most. Never before has she seen such captivating colour. How must it look, when the sun shines on it.

But the stranger does not allow her more contemplation about his appearance, he takes her hand, but instead of shaking it, he gently brushes his lips against her knuckles and murmurs, "The Seven Jewels could never compare to your beauty Lady Talia," and  releasing her hand he continues, "I am pleased to meet you as well, I waved you over because we were to meet today along with Lady Terra and young Master Ta'las and our little friend Roosje and her ride Inuya. The young girl that I saw you talking to, her name is Sondirra and I have invited her to join us for breakfast and perhaps something else, if you all agree."

Talia wonders for a short moment, why he knows Terra and Ta‘las, especially why he calls Ta‘las ,young Master Ta‘las‘, for he himself looks surely not much older than her Shendar brother. And he knows Roosje also, and the name of the Brownies mount! When he introduces Blueeyes to her as Sondirra, she feels a little more confident, for that seems more normal to her, though the ,something else‘ he has invited her puzzles her again. But Talia gets not much time granted before the true surprise hits her, to not say shock. The polite stranger with the manners of a gentleman looks into her eyes and says with a grin: "Have I changed that much Talia? I am Capher."

Time seems to stand still. Talia eyes widen, she stares in Capher‘s, the multicoloured ones, her mouth falls open. She looks at his smooth skin, traces the lines of his face, chin, mouth, nose and brows, and slowly Capher‘s old face emerges behind the youthful one and she recognises him.

„Capher!“ is the only thing she can say, otherwise words are fleeing her right now. And even that one word is hard to hear, so low is her voice. She still stares at him in wonder, but realising her  discourtesy, she lowers her eyes and takes his hands instead, soft hands, not those of an old man. Now she is aware of her faux pax - not to recognise a friend with whom she has traveled so far and with whom she has faced life threatening dangers. She blushes, and that thoroughly. Her cheeks are red and she lowers her eyes. She wants to embrace him, but somehow she doesn‘t dare, for here before her stands a stranger. This youthful attractive man is not the fatherly friend she has known before.

The situation is about to become even more embarrassing, but Baveras loves her daughters and send help when needed. This time in the form of a young, blond haired and blue-eyed woman - Sondirra. Her happy "Nice to meet you Princess Talia."  breaks the spell and Talia turns round to her, after giving Capher an excusing glance. She has a stripe of ink at her mouth, but Talia ignores this, she can‘t handle that now politely. 

„Nice to meet you again, Sondirra. Finally we are able to talk. Haven‘t I promised to to introduce you to Swing, my aj‘nuvic? We can visit her later. And please, don‘t call me princess, I‘m no noble woman at all!“

"Good morning!"a little voice can be heard.

„Good morning Roosje, good morning Inuya! How have you slept?“

Talia feels very nervous, she knows she needs to talk to Capher, but she is jittery as if she would have her very first date. So she introduces Roosje to Sondirra.

„Let‘s sit down!“
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2010, 07:19:09 PM »

Terra and Ta'las walk close together to the common room of the in where they expect Talia to already be waiting for them as she had been the morning before. When they finally arrive it is clear that the inn is busier than it had been the previous morning, and scanning the room Talia is not present either. She thinks perhaps Talia had slept in this morning or has gone to tend her mount Swing while she waited for a large enough table to become available for them all. As her thought concludes a young mage seems to wave for them to come over, Talia to as she returns, and some one else Terra could not see, perhaps Rooseje.

Giving Ta'las a look of worry despite the apparent enthusiasm of the mage, and is held in pause by her fears. The mage seems to see a table large enough for all of them become availabe, so he moves to secure it as Talia approach the young woman she had spoken to the morning before, and then proceeds after the mage. Perhaps the mage is her a sootier or betrothed. Still she feels a deep pang of worry for Capher and yet something is not right, something in almost too familiar, though Terra has trouble placing what detail is the cause her the bother.

The mages robes are eerily similar to Caphers she discovers as she moves closer with Ta'las at her side. Closer she draws and more familiar the robes appear right down to the inclusion of a cowl that seems hastily sewn. The similarities begin to worry her more than she does for Capher, enough for her to release Ta'las' hand to keep hers closer to the hilt of a blade. If it was a trick she may have only one chance to act. Stopping before the mage before he can take a seat, her face set in a cool mask as she asks,

"You have news about our companion Capher?"
Sondirra Moryveen
Chronicler
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2010, 01:04:48 AM »

What to do?  What to do?  She has a hand covered with ink, not to mention her face and she can only hope the ink it isn't smeared across it; and she wearing a white dress.  Her fingers keep getting near the fabric, then backing away, unable is she to force herself to ruin her mother's gift to her.  Her hand then nears the back of the man's, Capher's, grey robe.  Maybe if some ink were wiped off on the back of his robe, he won't notice.  No!  If he did, he'll just know it was her.  In a panic, she looks about wildly.  Salvation!  Very near by is sitting a grubby looking man whose thick leather coat appears to have brought in more dirt than it left outside.  Surely there is no way he will ever notice a small ink stain.

"Excuse me fine sir, but the cook was a little sparse with the greenpfepp.  May I borrow yours?"  Sondirra places her hand on the middle of his back, using it to balance herself and leans across the table for the small crudely carved wooden shaker that sits in the centre of his table.  She snatches the shaker while innocently rubbing her fingers on his jacket, as if caressing him.  He eyes her suspiciously as she steps back and is forced to sprinkle some of the spice onto her bread/egg while stealing glances to her hand.  Disappointed, she notices that not all the ink is gone yet.  Grinning sheepishly, she sets the shaker back on his table, again placing her hand on his back and rubbing the last of the ink onto him.  "Thank you, kind sir."  She smiles politely, but he only grunts suspiciously in return, which makes her hurry back to her new table.  It will have to do until she can wash her hands someplace; provided she can find some soap.

She is aware of Talia speaking to her now, promising to introduce her to Swing.  Her Ahj Nivic?  Ahj is a title, not a name?  Ahj nivic must mean brother, then.  Remember to write that down.  That would have been embarrassing to call him that then.  Though, it did sound more exotic than Swing.  Eh, who ever got to pick their own name?

Suddenly their dog -fox- jumps up on the table.  How rude!  It must be after her bread/egg!  She moves to protect her breakfast, but stops mid-move as she notices a small figure riding the dog.  A sharp squeal startles her; more so because she realizes that it came from herself.  The small figure waves to her then strolls on by and speaks to Talia.

"Close your mouth, Sondirra, or flies will gather in there."  Isn't that what her mother always warned her about?  Still, Sondirra is sure her mouth is agape.  In the back of her mind, she hears Talia greet the... the... poppet?  She looks like a poppet.  Like a poppet Sondirra had as a child... what was her name?  Ruby?  Yes, that was it; Ruby.  Ruby the poppet!  And this poppet's name is Roosje?  How amazing!

"Are you a poppet?"  Sondirra knew she spoke the words, but they seem to come from somewhere else.

Another voice startles her out of her stupor, and her head snaps around to bring her into line with Ahj Nivic and his beautiful wife.  "Ahj!"  No, that isn't his name, fool.  "Swing!"

If there was ever a time in her life where she felt more out of place and ridiculous, she couldn't remember it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 01:09:24 AM by Sondirra Moryveen » Logged

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2010, 03:52:03 AM »

Capher saw the mesmerizing look in Talia's eyes. The hesitation, and then the deep red blush that rose from her neck to her cheeks making them bright red as Injera did when it set in the western sky. Her dark eyes demurely dipped downwards. Time seemed to stand still. Capher did not want it to start again. Talia was so beautiful at this moment, however time came crashing in breaking the moment in the guise of Sondirra.

"Nice to meet you, Princess Talia," She said.

Talia turned to answer and that was all it took to break the spell. Capher, at first, almost thought Sondirra out of existence, however common sense took over and he just smiled and packed away the moment into the recesses of his mind.

„Nice to meet you again, Sondirra. Finally we are able to talk. Haven‘t I promised to to introduce you to Swing, my aj‘nuvic? We can visit her later. And please, don‘t call me princess, I‘m no noble woman at all!“ Talia answered back.

Capher disagreed. He had met many who called themselves "Nobility" male and female alike and if there was anyone who deserved the title "Princess" it was Talia, but he kept that thought to himself. Capher tried not to chuckle as he watched Sondirra; she had ink on her lip, which she wiped off with her hand and now it was on her fingers and she was confused about what to do about that when Roosjie and Inuya apperared. Inuya jumped on the table, walked across it toward Talia and himself. Roosjie, waved at Sondirra as she passed. Sondirra squealed as her blue eyes widened in wonder. Capher was wondering if Roosjie was playing a bit mischievious, when he was confronted by Lady Terra with her hand on her weapon.

"You have news about our companion Capher?" She demanded.

Capher smiled a bit cryptically as he decided to have a bit of fun with Terra. "Yes and no," He answered. "Capher is alive. Capher has changed," he continued. Then with a laugh he went on. "I am Capher. You do not recognize me either, do you?" He asked. Capher noticed Ta'las was silent, studying him with suspicious eyes. "You do not recognize me either, do you Ta'las?" Capher turned to Roosjie to ask her if she recognized him when Sondirra asked Roosjie.

"Are you a poppet?" Sondirra asked.

Capher covered his mouth to hide the grin that spread throughout his face and made his eyes twinkle. Seyella, I never knew you had such a sense of humor. Bless you for sending Sondirra our way. He thought as he stood there...waiting.
Roosje Greenfields
White Messenger
Story Mod

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2010, 05:42:26 AM »

There is something playing between Talia and the stranger standing next to her, though before she can try to find out what exactly the desert woman has turned away and is introducing her to Sondirra. The young woman seems to be able to control her squeals better this time around, though the memory of the one she had uttered earlier makes the Brownie giggle a little.

She is distracted for a moment when Ta'las and Terra join them, mistrust speaking from their every move. When the man reveals himself as Capher, Roosje cannot help but frown. He doesn't *look* like the Storyteller... But then neither did he look like that when he went all reptile and stuff, so he might be telling the truth.

However, before she can think things through better, Sondirra claims her attention again. "Are you a poppet?" Turning Inuya to face the woman, Roosje looks her frankly in the eye. "I don't know." she answers. "Do I look like one? Or better yet, do I act like one?"

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2010, 12:29:13 PM »

Terra appraises Capher carefully as he speaks, her demand had not been one of non-recognition, but one to determine the one before her was indeed Capher as she considered possible, yet unlikely, or a trick. If it was a trick and some other mage made to resemble Capher enough to convince them that is was a younger form of his, that mage would have to hope he was powerful enough and fast enough to strike before she did. With only a second thought the cool mask falls away to reveal an expression of joy as Terra throws her arms around Capher as a daughter would at seeing her father well again and her worries for him end. Still Terras final doubt had to be satisfied, despite how overjoyed, she has to be absolutely sure, as their enemies are powerful and have proven they could even influence the mind. Softly while the young woman Talia had spoken to was distracted with Roosje, Terra whispers into Caphers ear as she holds him.

*I am so glad to see you well, and better than we have ever seen. But I have to be sure Capher. There is to much at stake. I must hear the words not of your lips, those of your mind. Please.*

The tone of her plea betrayed her fear of him failing in this, failing to prove he is as he claims and free of mind. As if a daughter making a plea to her father fearing if he failed she would loose him once again. This was a risk she could not, as much as she dearly wish she could just ignore that last little question in his mind and be happy to have him back.
Sondirra Moryveen
Chronicler
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2010, 01:36:54 AM »

Sondirra is taken aback slightly when the tiny person turns the fox back around to face her and demands to know if she looks like a poppet.  Sondirra swallows hard, knowing that she has upset the little person, but wishing to explain that she meant no offence. 

"Well, yes, you do look like a poppet.  Or at least my poppet.  Her name was Ruby and she was my favourite poppet and my best friend when I was little.  My papa made her for me.  She was as small as you are, though she never talked.  Or rode a fox."  She screws up her nose.  "I guess then you don't act like a poppet.  Maybe a magic poppet.  Do they make magic poppets?  That would be amazing!  Can you imagine?"

Sondirra suddenly shuts her mouth, noticing the deadpan stare the tiny fox rider is giving her.  "Uhm, sorry, Ruby.  I didn't mean to insult you."

She looks back to Capher, who is greeting Swing's wife.  Then to Talia.  She hopes one of them can help her get out of the hole she has dug for herself.  She chews her bottom lip nervously, then smacks her lips at the bitter taste of ink.  Oh yeah, there is that.

Roosje Greenfields
White Messenger
Story Mod

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2010, 06:13:30 AM »

As the young woman chatters her answer to the questions posed by Roosje, the white Brownie crosses her arms and stares at her, though she has trouble maintaining a straight face. She never thought she would think such a thing about a human, but this one is just cute. There is no other word for it, really. it takes a moment for the stare to take effect, but then the woman falls silent.

"Uhm, sorry, Ruby.  I didn't mean to insult you."

For a moment Roosje wonders if she should correct Sondirra's slip of the tongue, but before she can do that she just starts giggling. Oops, no more straight face! It's... it's ok, Sondirra. Don't worry about it." she says - or at least tries to, inbetween the laughing. The poor woman, she was really afraid she'd offended in some way.

She does not know what has come over her, but a mischievousness plays up that she would sooner credit to an apprentice, a youngster not yet accepted fully into their clan though getting close to it, rather than a 40-year-old. Still, she decides to go with it. In any case, it is better than feeling as dejected as she has the last couple of days. With a small tug on the reins, she tells Inuya to jump - right onto the sitting woman's lap.

Once there, she lets her fox curl up and make herself comfortable, while she herself gets off and starts climbing the white dress, stopping only for a tick to admire the embroidered blue flowers. She doesn't stop climbing until she's standing on Sondirra's shoulder, where she makes herself as comfortable as her mount. I'm something much better than a poppet, Sondirra. I'm a Brownie."

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2010, 11:55:43 PM »

Capher looks intently into Terra's eyes. He smiles and whispers in her mind, It is I, Terra. It seems the stanza in the Elvish poem was literal, al least for me and I have no idea how long this youthful appearance will last. It is not me controlling my appearance, but the Orb's magic and I have one more night with it before I am through, so who knows what I may look like tomorrow. But let's keep that a secret between us, shall we? "Are you satisfied now, Terra?" Capher asks.

Out of the corner of his eye he sees Roosjie's fox jump into Sondirra's lap and then Roosjie herself climbing up Sondirra's dress and finally sitting on her shoulder. His ear caught the conversation and he smiled to himself and wondered what Sondirra was thinking and if she wanted to belong to such a strange and unusual group of people? He also noticed that her ink still stained Sondirra's lips and fingers; with a slight thought, as he pulled out Talia's chair for her to sit down upon, the ink disappeared with a slight tingle to her lips and fingers and that too disappeared.

Capher looked at the tables and realized that although everyone could sit, they could not sit together, so with another slight thought the tables slid a bit closer to each other and the edges melded until it was one large table. Satisfied, Capher sat down next to Talia. The waitress came to their table and asked for their orders, not even noticing or perhaps thinking that there had been such a large table in the rear of the inn. Capher and Talia and supposedly Roosjie and Inuya were sitting on the far side so that Capher could see the entire inn and Terra, Ta'las and Sondirra were sitting facing them. Capher ordered large platters of steamed beef and mutton, fruit, eggs, dark bread, tea, hot water and huge pot of milk along with cups. "I am starved and I need to do an introduction, but I will wait until Roosjie introduces herself to her first. In the meantime I would like to hear what everyone thought of the library? Though we found no tomes mentioning anything of the items we seek we did find tomes about Lady Terra's history and I believe some about the Shendar and Brownie's as well. I would love to hear what you thought when you learned some things, that perhaps you did not before," Capher said as the waitress came back with two more who helped her carry all of the food and drinks and placed them on the table.

Capher pressed a silver coin into each of the waitresses hands telling them thank you and to keep what he gave them between him and them. He had hoped that by doing that there would be no gasping or even shouting at the pieces, but he was wrong, for as soon as the waitresses saw what Capher had put into their hands, one gasped, "A piece of silver! Look," she said as she grabbed another of the waitresses, "He gave me a piece of silver." The other waitress looked into her hand and gasped as well as she saw the silver coin in her palm. The oldest and first waitress who had waited on them opened her palm, and then quickly went to the other two and told them "Shush!" but it was too late; the news spread fast between waitress and customer that there was a very wealthy man among them. They began to stare and that made Capher angry.

He stared back, finally he stood up. "I am a mage. Are you all that surprised that a mage has money? Here, if money is what you love, then have some," Capher shouted, he waved his hand and silver and gold and jewels, some as large as a man's fist appeared out of seemingly nowhere, hung in the air near the ceiling and then fell to the floor. Capher watched as people, even those who seemed refined, such as ladies, scrabbled on the wooden dirty floor grasping and grabbing all they could; even fighting over a coin or a jewel. Capher then said a bit more softly and with sadness in his voice. "When your money and jewels are all gone perhaps you will think then of what really matters the most and if you do not perhaps someone will tell you or you can ponder it for the rest of your lives."

Capher waved his hand once more and all of the coins turned to pieces of paper and the jewels to worthless pieces of glass. There were cries of dismay heard throughout the inn and even some stolen stares of hate at Capher but he ignored it and them as he sat down. The only one who still had a silver coin in her hand was the older waitress who had done what Capher had asked.

Capher looked at his friends and Sondirra. "I am sorry. I probably should have not done that. But, perhaps they will have learned something. Now, where were we?" he asked, hoping that his outburst and display of magic did not make his friends angry with him...especially Lady Talia.
Sondirra Moryveen
Chronicler
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2010, 01:30:38 AM »

Feeling somewhat foolish, Sondirra sits down, under the stern scrutiny of the poppet.  She hadn't realized poppets were so sensitive about being poppets!  Suddenly the poppet laughs, and just as suddenly the fox jumps onto her lap.  "Eep!" Sondirra gasps.  Then, while the fox curls up on her lap, like her Rimmer used to when she was younger, the poppet climbs up onto her shoulder and sits down as pretty as you please.

When the poppet speaks, introducing herself as a brownie, Sondirra is incredulous.  "A brownie!  I've never met a brownie before before.  You're much smaller than I expected.  Are all brownies that small or are you a runt?  My dog was a runt.  I think runts are much cuter than the others in a litter."

Sondirra is suddenly distracted by the one known as Capher, who is suddenly growing angry at the people around them, though she has no idea why.  Listening, she is shocked when he claims to be a mage.  He is ranting about money, then suddenly it seams as though it is raining money and gems.  Without thinking, Sondirra makes a lunge for a pretty green looking gem that rolled near her foot, causing the fox to jump and the brownie to nearly fall off her shoulder.  "Oh my!  I'm sorry, Ruby!  I forgot you were there!"

Sondirra then stares dejectedly at the gem, wondering how many warm meals it would have bought her and how many nights she could have stayed here in this inn without having to mend a bunch of clothes for others.  She sighs.  Oh, well.  Then, suddenly, the gem changes into glass.  How?  She returns her attention to Capher.  What had caused him to get so angry? 

"Ruby?  Is Capher an evil mage?", she whispers to the tiny figure on her shoulder.  Oh, no.  What if Ahj and Talia weren't running from evil mages, but were the evil mages?

Her stomach sinks.

Roosje Greenfields
White Messenger
Story Mod

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2010, 04:19:53 AM »

Roosje has to stop herself from giggling so close to the human's ear, where it can easily be heard. Her effusions are plentiful, if hardly to the point. A litter indeed! She will learn soon enough that Brownies are no animals. "I assure you," she said, "I am no runt. In fact, I'm considered rather tall among my people. Where I come from, everything is made to our size, so you can imagine this whole place seems more like a giant's hideout to me.

As she is speaking, Roosje considers that there really is something charming about sitting on a person's shoulder - she does not have to raise her voice like usual, and what she says is usually heard only by the person next to whose ear she is sitting. However, it does have its downsides as well, as Sondirra proves when she suddenly lunges forward. It seems that Capher has conjured up some money, and out of thin air. Roosje has not heard half of what Capher has said to the people in the inn, but she can see the effect - not so much of his words, but of his money. She is not at all sure what has just happened, but whatever it is has made him very angry. In fact, she has not seen him this angry since she started travelling with the group.

Sondirra's sudden movement causes Roosje to grab for a strand of hair to keep herself from falling down. The tug seems to remind the young woman that she has to take a bit of care, because she apologises. Inuya, put out by the sudden interruption of her morning nap (lazy, lazy fox, Roosje thinks fondly), chooses to just curl up under Sondirra's chair, rather than on her lap, where she continues, blissfully unaware of the commotion the money is causing.

Roosje, from her vantage point, can see everyone crawling on the ground, trying to stuff as many coins into their pockets as they can. The glint of gold or jewels does not quite entice the little Brownie as it does many humans. The green of the gem in Sondirra's hand, for example, is pretty enough, but all those coins and jewels are too big for her anyway. She could not even carry one, and if she could she would not be able to do much with it. Instead she focuses on the Storyteller, who does not look anymore like the Storyteller who had come to the Vale to ask for a favour for his friends, but at the same time just like him in the sadness that he displays. She hears his words, mingled with the dismayed cries of guests who find that their gold has turned into worthless trinkets, and her heart goes out to him, and the sadness he tries to hide as he sits back down. It is this, more than anything, that convinces her he is the same Storyteller that is told about in the Vale.

She is distracted from her thoughts by Sondirra's question of Capher is an evil mage. The woman is playing with a bit of green glass, turning it over though not really looking at it. It makes Roosje realise that not everyone has seen the sadness, are too focused on the anger to look beneath it. Or on the display of magic, of course - not everyone can conjure up so much, and then take it all away. Angry glances are frequently cast in their direction, she can see, but it seems that his show has given people enough to think that he would be able to do much more than that, too. Perhaps the anger has given them reason to think he would not hesitate to use his power to hurt them - if she had not travelled with him, she would probably think the same thing.

"No..." she says thoughtfully. "No, I'm pretty sure he's not an evil mage. You might be surprised at what he really is, and I think that is not a subject to be discussed at an inn, but evil is not part of his being. Sondirra, my people have lived through many, many years of evil times, more than you could imagine. Before Keeko freed us, we were considered little more than animals to be kept as pets or worse. We do not forget these times, even if they are far behind us now. My point is, we as a people would not tolerate, at least not willingly, someone or something evil to come to our Vale as freely as does the Storyteller, as we call him. You have nothing to fear from him.

She smiles, her natural optimism coming through again after the thoughtful little speech. Remind me to tell you some time about the time a real evil sorceress tried to capsize our ferry. I lost my bow that time. For a moment the white Brownie is silent. Then suddenly her mind makes the connection - a lost bow, coins that came out of nothing and then turned into something else... what else could he do? She decides to ask him now, before she forgets about the whole idea.

Sondirra, could you put me on the table? But careful, don't squeeze - I hurt just like you giants. When Sondirra complies, very carefully - for which Roosje is grateful - she runs over to the other side of the table, dodging between plates filled with food. She should really have some breakfast, but that can wait. This is more important. "Storyteller, I have a question. If you can make coins appear, can you also make a bow appear? One my size, preferably. I lost mine back on the ferry, remember, and I can't make one myself. It's just a question, really... if not, I understand."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]

[March 09, 2018, 05:45:59 PM]