Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ximax  (Read 23881 times)
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2010, 01:04:42 PM »

Capher was comtemplating his last outburst and with the others not saying anything made him wonder if perhaps he had done wrong: even if those people deserved it. All he did in his mind was relate to them the true value of things; such as money compared to true friends. His thoughts were interrupted by Roosjie who stood on the table next to his plate.

"Storyteller, I have a question. If you can make coins appear, can you also make a bow appear? One my size, preferably. I lost mine back on the ferry, remember, and I can't make one myself. It's just a question, really... if not, I understand."

Capher genuinely smiled at Roosjie. "One your size. Do you wish it to be a magical bow where all you have to do is put your finger on it and an arrow appears, or would you prefer a quiver that is never empty?"
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2010, 03:55:10 PM »

Terra watches Caphers outburst with increased worry, she wishes to speak but Capher wished what was told to her to remain between them. Does the orb really have so much power over him, can it really compel him to do such things out of his nature, or was this always in his nature only to be repressed by his weakened state? Terra puts her thoughts aside squeezing Ta'las' hand for reassurance but he to had been quiet all morning deepening her pangs of worry. Then Roosje asks Capher if he could use his power to make her a bow, to which Capher seemed most eager to entertain the request.

"Capher, perhaps if you are to use your power even for such a small thing as to help Roosje with her request, it is best to do so at a time and in a place more private. People often respect those with power, but they are also jealous and fearful of those with such power."

Terra turns to a man angerly approaching.

"It could cause men to go something foolish, like attacking without cause."
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2010, 12:04:47 PM »

The Shendar hasn't felt this much unease in a long time, and he squeezes Terra's hand back.  Capher's lack of discretion, coupled with this stranger who seems to know of Talia, and now the angry patrons, leave too many unknowns for Ta'las to feel safe.  "I agree with Lady Terra, Capher," he says quietly to his friend.  "There will be a time and place for this, but as you can see, now and here are neither."

The rangy Shendar stands and faces the angry man who is approaching.  Unlike many who might posture with a hand on the pommel of a weapon, or raise their voice, Ta'las keeps his hand away from his Dou'kilij, and keeps his tone low enough for the man, and those sitting close to him, to hear. "Turn back now," he says to the man.  "You will gain nothing by acting in haste."

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2010, 03:49:46 AM »

"Capher, perhaps if you are to use your power even for such a small thing as to help Roosje with her request, it is best to do so at a time and in a place more private. People often respect those with power, but they are also jealous and fearful of those with such power." Terra said as a man who looks angry approaches them.

Before Capher has time to answer Terra Ta'las, who had been silent for so long speaks up as well. "I agree with Lady Terra, Capher," he says quietly.  "There will be a time and place for this, but as you can see, now and here are neither."

The man keeps on advancing staring at Capher who stares back he hears Ta'las's low warning to the man, who slowly stops his advance as he measures Ta'las.

"What is it that has made you so angry," Capher asked the man.

"You mages! You throw money around as if it grew on trees. One goldbard would feed my family for a year. I came to Ximax to find work, I pray to the gods to help me and then out of the sky comes a goldbard. I thank the gods for answering my prayers and what do I get in return, a mage, who thinks it's funny to play with people's emotions. I knew I should not have come here, but I wanted to talk to some mage and ask why they would burn my crops and then drown the rest of them? I am but a simple farmer. We had good crops this year, enough to feed my family and then some, perhaps to sell and make a profit, but now we have nothing and it's because of mages like you!" The man screamed, pointing an accusing finger at Capher. The man shrugged his shoulders and walked out of the inn.

Capher looked around at the stares he was receiving, sat down, head low in shame. A voice rang in his head; Remember my dear friend, every action has a consequence. You can blow the top off that mountain with a single thought, but what would the consequences be? Would it help or hurt? Even the best intentions can hurt, so be careful and wise when you use your powers, else you may regret it. You cannot fix everything in the world by use of your magic, nor can you destroy it either, be wise my friend, be wise. Talon's voice, once Capher was teacher then Talon became the one. He missed Talon so much. Tears formed in his eyes.

The accusation of the farmer rang in Capher's ears. Capher knew he was to blame for that farmer's misfortune. How many other farmer's crops had been destroyed? He had wanted to teach a lesson, but that lesson backfired. He was not ready.

He glanced back up at his friends, turned to Roosjie, "Roosjie, I believe that Lady Terra and Master Ta'las are correct. I need to leave and take care of something but first I want to introduce you all to a friend of mine; Lady Terra, Master Ta'las, Lady Talia and Roosjie this is Sondirra Moryveen, a writer and I would like you to all consider of having her along. To write our story, so that all future generations will come to know the deeds and peril that the world faced and how it was defeated." or lost Capher thought but did not say. "Now I must leave, but I shall be back in a few blinks. Please eat your breakfast and get to know each other. I shall be back before breakfast is done."

Capher snared a huge chunk of bread and cheese and then quickly made his way out of the inn. A few voices low and not so low were heard saying; "Good riddance."
******************************************************************************************

Capher ran outside looking for the farmer and finally spied him walking outside the main gates of Ximax. Capher ran after him and just as soon as he reached the gates, he was thrown back by a wall of magical force. Capher stood up and again tried to cross the gates, he was once again thwarted. A voice inside his head spoke; not Talon's but a deep, emotionless one. "You may not leave. Your healing is not finished."

"But I need to help that man. I caused his misery. His family may die because of me!" Capher's mind screamed back.

"What is done is done and cannot be changed."

"Wrong! I can change it. I can give the man a goldbard, it would help him through the winter and buy seed for planting come next spring."

"Wilt thou fix all that thou hast done? Can thou make the forest alive again? Can thou make the animals, birds and the creeping things that crawleth on forest floor alive again? Though you had no control over thy powers at that time, thou acted foolishly, not wisely, just as thou did this morn, though thou thought to teach a lesson it was thou who became the fool. Wisdom, is what you lack. Go back to thy friends, learn all that the scrolls of the Ancients can teach you, then come back to me tonight and we will finish thy healing before thou continues thy quest."

The guards at the gates looked down upon the young man who had fallen to his knees...weeping.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 03:57:48 AM by Capher » Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2010, 11:46:04 AM »

Ta'las watches after Capher as their friend exits the inn, obviously upset by the bitterness expressed by the young farmer.  He nods to Sondirra.  "Good morning, Sondirra, and well met."  The Shendar stands up and looks at his companions.  "We will speak later, but I want to make sure Capher is all right - he should not be alone right now.  We will be back quickly."  He rises and smiles at Terra, and gives her hand another quick squeeze before leaving the inn.  He notices a few of the same patrons who'd been giving Capher glowering stares looking at him with wary glances, but none of them offers him any words.  Ta'las strides out of the inn, and he quickly follows Capher's receding form down the city street toward the gates.  The Shendar cannot see the farmer, who is now beyond the city gates, but he notices Capher stop abruptly once he reaches the entrance to the city and then slump to the ground.

Ta'las rushes to his friend's side, and motions away the one guard who is leaning over Capher.  "Its all right, my friend had too much to drink last night.  I'll get him back home and throw some cold water over him."  The Shendar kneels down on one knee next to his friend, and sees that he is weeping.

"Let's get back to the others," he whispers to Capher.  "You need friends right now."

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2010, 04:29:55 AM »

Capher knelt weeping, tears falling down his cheeks and chin. Someone kneels besides him and speaks. Capher recognizes Ta'las's voice. It is filled with compassion. Capher turned his head and through tear filmed eyes stares at Ta'las. Capher shakes Ta'las's shoulders. "I...I killed so many. I...I destroyed so many lives, and you...you still want to be my friend?" Capher stuttered. "Why?" Capher asked. "You or Terra or Seyella forbid Talia, or Roosjie or...Sondirra...so many come and gone...Koldar, sister killing brother," Capher's voice whispered, "Who will be next?"

Capher took his hands off of Ta'las, bowed his head once again. "Human emotions are hard to bear. Why do I even want to be human? I would be better off as I truly am and so would others. How do you bear them?" Capher asked turning to look at Ta'las.
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2010, 03:40:29 AM »

Terra watches Ta'las leave, her heart wanting to be at Capher side, deeper yet to be at his. She smiles to their guest and speaks warmly, though concern weighs on her voice.

"It is an honor Sondirra. Please excuse me, I am sure to return soon. In the mean time I believe you an Talia have met before, please enjoy her company."

Then raises from her seat and follows after Ta'las, a few of the angry patrons close to her path seemed a little more willing to take their frustration on her till their eyes fell on the blade at her hip and the cool mask. Leaving the in she followed as quickly as she could, the distance closed between her and the man she loves but not quickly enough to catch up before he found Capher at the gate, or to catch Ta'las' first words with him, but soon enough to hear his reply.

"Capher,"

Her voice is soft and soothing despite the worry in her tone as the holds her dress in one hand crouching at Caphers side opposite Ta'las, the other hand coming to rest on his shoulder.

"How many more live would be lost if you had not come to us? If you had not lead us to this fight? Can you truthfully tell me that those we seek to defeat would not do the same out of malice as you have out of illness? I would think all our lands would eventually be set to flames should we stop now, don't you? We are by your side, and forgive your mistakes because we understand you are not well, nor do you do these things out of malice."

Terra takes a deep breath and looks to Ta'las, she smile her special smile only for him, though it is laced with worry over Capher. Regardless of Caphers form now, how he appears to them all, she knows he is much older in time and still feels deeply for him as a father to her. She looks back to Capher.

"You know who I am, you know where I come from and what my blood heritage means. You also know that I now have embraced in full that meaning. Ta'las my love, and I both except that any day we go into battle may be our last day of living, we do this because we believe the things we fight for are good and just, and that those we fight for need to be protected from those who are not."

She wraps her arm around Caphers shoulders.

"We bare our emotions as well as we can Capher and yet they some times drive us to make mistakes against all our better judgement. We simply much except what is, and the consequence of what we do. I think the true measure of our nobility is to turn our pain into a greater good, learn from our pain and not wallow in self destruction. It is good you feel pain for you mistakes, that means you are as we have always known you, just. Please do not allow your mistakes to strip you of your nobility as well."

Terra embraces Capher tightly for a long moment hoping anything she had said would help.
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2010, 11:25:49 AM »

Ta'las claps a shoulder on his friend's back.  "Sometimes, we bear our emotions not so well, others times, we cherish them.  Emotions, like our actions, make us what we are." 

Then Terra arrives, for which the Shendar is glad, as she gives Capher much more encouragement than he could have.  Plus, she looks quite good out in the morning sun wearing her white dress.  "I've not heard it put any better than that Capher.  Perhaps Lady Terra can convince you of the benefits of continuing this inside the inn."  He also notes that the guards are looking curiously at the three of them.  Though they do not appear outwardly menacing, Ta'las does not want to attract any further attention.  "Your new friend, Sondirra, may be feeling uncomfortable in the company of so many strangers.  Besides," he adds with a smirk.  "My stomach is telling me it is time for it to be filled."

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2010, 03:43:47 AM »

That stranger, that good looking stranger is Capher. The old, wise Capher. He said so, and Talia does believe him in a way, but in another she cannot grasp it. She is confused, and the commotion with blue eyes   "Nice to meet you, Princess Talia,".."Are you a poppet?".. "Uhm, sorry, Ruby.  I didn't mean to insult you." does not help to make it better, gives her no rest to learn it piece by piece, no time to comprehend what is not really comprehendible.

So she sits quietly, nibbling at a loibl, not really hungry anymore. Instead of hassling Capher with questions, she wonders about herself, where is the outgoing woman who would have accepted that as if it would not be more than another clothes' change? Maybe back in the desert. The different appearance of Capher has shocked her much more as she admits to herself, it has shattered her own new grown picture of herself. Maybe they have left the vale too early.

And then Capher outs himself as a mage, throws around with silver and gems, and changes them to paper and stone, as the people act so greedily, throwing themselves after the money, that he is appalled. Why only, why is he doing  this? Where is the old, wise dragon hiding? In that thoughtless man? Is that really Capher? Panic arises in Talia.

A man approaches, rails at Capher, accuses him of having ruined the crop... Talia can only sit and stare. To her, it is as if the whole scene is happening elsewhere, as if she is only watching. Capher leaves the inn, going after that man, and Ta‘las and Terra are following him.

All is so wrong. She feels so sick.

„I‘m sorry, Sondirra, Roosje, I need to get some fresh air, please, excuse me, I feel not well. And watch over our food, please!“ she adds with a last effort. Oh, so food is still what I‘m worrying about, she thinks ironically.

She gets up slowly though, for her vision is not clear and she feels very lightheaded.

„I‘m outside, with Swing..“

Outside, near the stables, she throws up, but there is not much in her stomach, which she could get rid of. Finally she is with her bonded animal. She buries her head in her fur, sobbing:

„Swing, I don‘t know, what is the matter with me. I‘m afraid, but I dare not to say so. I want to be healthy and my old self again. What only can I do?“ But Swing does not answer. Only her warm breath is caressing Talia's wet face.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2010, 03:34:15 AM »

Capher hears and listens to Ta'las and Terra's words of encouragement and he feels the comfort and compassion of Terra as she wraps her arms around his shoulder. Capher stands up, wiping the tears from his cheeks. "You are right my friends. To wallow in self-pity and could have and should have's will not get us any closer to our goal: which is to save humanity from a horror they could never imagine."

Capher began to walk toward the inn with Ta'las and Terra besides him. "I am hungry and I can now look others into their eyes with no shame. I hope that Roosjie, Sondirra and Ta..." Capher cuts his conversation short as he sees Talia rush out of the inn and head toward the stables. A frown creases his brow. She does not look right, he thought. Running toward her he turned back toward Ta'las and Terra, "Go on back into the inn and eat something. I need to talk to Talia. We will be there soon enough, just leave enough for us to eat Ta'las," Capher said, laughing.

Capher turned and rushed toward the stables. He opened the stable door, the sunlight behind him and he could see swirls of dust and hay in the air. The animals stirred some, but went back to eating their oats. Capher searched through the semi-darkness of the stable and saw Talia clutching to Swing, her Aj. Capher slowly walked toward her. Finally he stopped just a ped behind her. Capher could not see her face but her body language told him many things and the main thing was that she seemed to be going back to that mood she was in when he had burned the forest.

Capher stood there. Could I have caused this? he asked himself. Should I reach out and touch her? or would that be inappropriate? Should I just clear my throat and wait until she turns around and sees me and then speak. But what would I say? What could I say? She seems so...alone right now and all I want to do is hug her and tell her it is alright, like what Terra did just blinks ago. Capher stood there fighting within himself when he could no longer stand it.

"Talia," he said softly, not knowing what else to say or do.
Roosje Greenfields
White Messenger
Story Mod

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2010, 05:10:51 AM »

It seems that Roosje's question had not been the right one, or at least came at a very wrong time. One minute everyone is sitting or standing around the table, ready to take breakfast, the next all that are left are herself and Sondirra. First Capher runs out, followed by Ta'las and Terra, then after a second an obviously upset Talia. The small Brownie wants to make the desert woman feel better, since she seems to be the only one really upset with the display of magic. Unless it is for a different reason, but even so she looked sad enough that Roosje wants to run to her and hug her - except that is a really hard thing to do when you're the size of a Brownie.

Accepting that she can do nothing until someone comes back, and even then she will not be much use, the white Brownie instead goes around from plate to plate, taking from each her fancy and eating it. She eats so little that nobody would miss her portion anyway. Then when she's done, she takes some of the meatier treats and throws them down from the edge of the table to just beside Sondirra's chair. A red head suddenly appears, quickly snatches up the food, and then the fox goes back to her beauty sleep. Roosje watches the scene with a fond smile on her face.

"You're just taking advantage of this whole rest period, aren't you. Well, can't say I blame you."

Then she seems to realise that she's being rude, as she turns to the young woman who is the only one left.

"So... What are you..." then she notices something which completely drives her original question out of her mind. "hey! Where did the ink go? It was there before and I know ink does not go away so easily."

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2010, 11:36:56 AM »

Ta'las looks to make sure Capher is over his 'episode', and though he is concerned for his friend, he can tell Capher would like to be alone with Talia.  "Very well friend."  He turns his attention back to Terra.  "We should join back up with the others.  Our guest will likely be feeling a little uneasy after we left so suddenly."  He waits for Terra and returns back to the tavern with her, simply enjoying being at her side. 

Sondirra Moryveen
Chronicler
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2010, 02:49:47 AM »

Things go from strange to completely strange in next to no time.  The man named Capher is a mage who angered many in the room, then rushes outside followed by Ahj and his woman and Talia.  What has happened exactly?  It leaves Sondirra feeling very confused.  Only Ruby and her fox are left.

Sondirra watches the diminutive brownie feed her fox from the table, while stealing bits of food from each plate.  Not that the brownie eats much, but Sondirra begins to quickly eat her own bread/egg before the brownie can get at it.  It fills her belly and things begin to look a bit better to her.

Sondirra is a bit rattled when the brownie suddenly starts railing about the ink on her.  She lifts her hands and sees that no ink is visible on her hand, then her fingers reflexively go to her mouth, as if she would be able to feel the ink on her lips, which was just silly.  "I- I don't know?  Was I magicked, Ruby?  Did Capher remove the ink?"  Suddenly a fear crept within her.  "Everything else is there right?"  She felt for her nose, and breathed a sigh of relief when she found it.  Imagine not having a nose!  How would you smell anything?  And your voice would change.  Not to mention, if you sneezed, it would blow your eyeballs straight out of your head!

"Should we go out after them?  I mean, you know them better than I do.  I don't want to appear snoopy.  Capher might magic my nose off my face if I stick it in to his business.  And I don't know about brownies, but I like my nose."

So much to consider when dealing with mages.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 02:51:50 AM by Sondirra Moryveen » Logged

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2010, 12:17:02 AM »

Terra walks back to the Inn, close and hand in hand with Ta'las, her thoughts drifting between him and the woman who if she regards Capher as a father would be her sister. She can't help but wonder how Talia is taking Caphers youth, and begins to wonder how she would if she was not devoted in love with Ta'las. Maybe it was his display of magic that had upset her to. Either way Terra resigns to it being better Capher talk to her, her mind slipping back to Ta'las just enjoying every moment of their closeness.
Gavril 'Whitebeard' Baird
Deluded Chatterbox
Approved Character

« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2010, 07:15:37 AM »

"Mee-owrr!"

The yelp of an obviously angry creature could be heard from the back of the inn, followed the smashing of crates as they toppled. Some of the occupants of the inn looked around curiously, noticing the owner of the inn step into the common room, pulling an elderly man in a long cream colored robe with silvery swirls and matching hat behind him. The regular patrons just went back to their breakfasts, recognizing Gavril.

The owner, who had an angry red mark on his forehead that was swiftly swelling into a very noticeable bump let go of the man who stumbled a few steps before catching his balance with the aid of his walking stick.

Straightening his robe, the old man glared at the owner, "You might be a little thankful. After all, I just saved your life and your inn. That creature would have ripped it to pieces."

The Innkeeper's face was now matching the color of the growing bump as his anger grew.

"That creature was just a cat," he mumbled, his jaw clenched, "that was just doing its job and hunting that mouse you call a pet."

Just then the dark grey head of the mouse, Ash, poked his head out of the 'spell pouch' at Gavril's hip that he had claimed as his own. It glanced curiously at the owner before climbing from its pouch to its human's shoulder, obviously to get a better view of the red man.

"A bat?" Garvil asked, misunderstanding the man. "No, good sir, that being was definitely not of the winged variety. And it wasn't a creature of this world. It must have been a demon of some sorts, though I must say, I've never meet one that angry. Or that orange for that matter.

"Why, look what it did to your head poor man," he exclaimed, as he leaned forward to prod at the massive bump which causes the Red Man to yelp. "You should see a healer. The creature must have injured your mind."

With that, Garvil turned away, unaware of the snickering of the nearby regular customers who received glares from the owner of the inn. As he started walking away, his walking stick swung back, hitting the innkeeper in the knee, which prompted another yelp from the man, but Gavril hadn't noticed.

Surveying the room, Gavril noticed an unusually large table in the back at which a young, blonde woman sits. The surrounding tables were filled with patrons that knew Gavril by now since he'd be in the city for a few weeks, entertaining them all with stories of his grand adventures. He couldn't recall having shared any of his adventures with his young woman yet, so with a broad grin on his face he walked across the room towards the table and helped himself to a seat next to her.

Typical of Gavril, he launched into his story, not bothering to introduce himself or caring whether or not she actually wanted his company, or even taking time to realize she was conversing with a small person on the table.

“Back in my prime … and of course that was many, many years ago … I helped defeat the last pack of vicious seawolves to plague the Darksea. I was stranded on my own in a slowly leaking rowboat after my ship had been sunk by pirates you know.

“Of course, cruel as they were, they thought it funny to leave me stranded like that. They'd figured I wouldn't last more than a day or two you know, but I proved them wrong … I even went back and found that ole pirate captain and took one of his ears, but that's a story for another time,” Gavril said with a wink before trying to get back on topic.

So caught up in his own story he didn't really take notice of whether or not she was listening, what she might be saying, or anything else going on around him.

“So, stranded in a leaking rowboat, with only a spiked trident that I'd claimed from a merman after fighting him deep beneath the sea in his palace of seaweed, I fought off the seawolves …”

Gavril continued to ramble, describing how one of the wolves had taken his arm off and he'd swam back to shore with his arm on his pack where he'd had it reattached by a shrunken elf. When he finished his story he feel silent, grinning from ear to ear and making him look much like a very proud child despite the lines of age and mass of silvery white hair that covered his face.

While Gav waited for some sort of praise, the ever curious rodent that lived in one of the spell pouches at his waist escaped from his 'next' and climbed onto the table, little nose twitching excitedly at the smell of food. It scurried over towards a platter of food only to have it's interest caught by the tiny person standing on the table. Ash sniffed the being curious for a moment before he was yanked into the air by his tail.

"Now, you'da think you'da learned you pesky pile of ash. No getting into other peoples food," Gavril said sternly before putting the creature back into the pouch at his waist.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]

[March 09, 2018, 05:45:59 PM]