Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ximax  (Read 23113 times)
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2010, 12:02:59 PM »

Time is pressing but the path not straight
the hasty searcher will find no trait
be careful to look out or within an ace
you all might  miss the hidden place.

Ta'las smiles to himself as Capher uncovers the first two of what he expects will be several 'deviations' from a straight path in their search.  First, is the fact that the physical center of the library isn't the actual center they were searching for, but rather its center of power.  And then, the canny wizard finds the release mechanism that opens a magical portal hidden beneath a thick layer of dust on the stone floor.  After a brief moment of disorientation as bright light fills the room and then just as quickly is gone, he nods and claps Capher's back.  "This path is definitely not straight, but I see the Elven Circle's concerns about your magical prowess have been addressed."

He squeezes Terra's hand and then strides through the portal.  The Shendar does not normally take quickly to magic, but his trust in his friend has deepened immensely, so he enters the portal without trepidation.  His body shimmers and then disappears as he finds himself in a circular anteroom, lit dimly like the rest of the library.  However, the floor and walls appear much different - made of polished and symmetrical stones.  

Upon closer examination, the marble floor and walls are covered with strange symbols - markings that remind him of the ones that cover Capher's robes, and even other stranger looking ones.  The markings are all engraved into the marble and then painted with a strange paint that makes them shimmer - or least that is how the Shendar perceives them to look.  Everything looks exotic and unfamiliar to him, except for one - it is a marking that he has seen every day of his life - and matches the symbol on the amulet his mother, a priestess of Foiros, gave to him before her death.  He draws the amulet out from underneath his armour and for a reason unknown to him, he holds it close to the marking on the wall, which causes the symbols to glow just a little brighter.  The Shendar gasps and smiles in wonder, and then places the amulet back underneath his armour.

The he looks up at the arched ceiling and starts a little, as he looks up into the night sky!  Until he peers closer, and realises the ceiling too has been painted to look like stars in the sky, though the way some of them flicker gives them such a realistic appearance.  A feeling somewhat similar to the one he felt in the Vale washes through him - he is close to a place of magical power, and when he closes his eyes, he connects briefly with his Second Reality.  However, this is neither the place nor the time for him to continue with his training, and so he opens his eyes again and waits for the others to join him.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 12:14:25 PM by Talas Anthavin » Logged

Sondirra Moryveen
Chronicler
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2010, 04:06:23 AM »

Is this a dream?  Is this real?  Sondirra, wide eyed and somewhat intimidated follows her newfound companions to the library.  She was having an adventure!  Her!  The girl from Onved who had all her life dreamed of having adventures was actually now in the middle of one.

What was one supposed to do as part of an adventure?  She wasn't able to magick noses off faces like Capher was, or a great warrior like Talia and Talas were.  She couldn't even ride a fox like Ruby did.  Sondirra feels a little out of place.  Oh well, she'd get good at something.  I mean, how hard could it be to magick someone?  Capher didn't look that much smarter than anyone else; not on the outside.  Did peoples' insides look smarter from one to another?  Probably best not to ever need to find out.

Inside the library, she was in awe.  So many books!  She hadn't imagined this many book in the entirety of the world.  Some looked brand new, but the further they travelled the older these books looked.  Everything anyone had ever known or thought must be in here.  Was her name in here, somewhere?  Did someone already write about her?

Sondirra is aware of Talas and Capher talking to each other and she approaches as the mage kneels down and blows onto the floor.  Sondirra takes a step backward at Capher's insistence, and soon has to cover her eyes as the etching on the floor begins to glow ever so bright.  A moment later she is bathed in complete darkness, except for that big red ball that plays about even when she closes her eyes.  When the mirage fades, and her vision returns she hears Capher speaking.  He has found a secret portal.

Sondirra nearly jumps out of her skin when Capher touches the wall and the wall disappears.  She looks at the newly formed portal, then back to Capher, then back to the portal, then back to Capher then back to...

Sondirra watches as Talas bravely steps to the portal then through it, his body shimmering before disappearing.  Summoning up her courage, Sondirra takes a step to the portal, stopping a few fores from it.  Not as brave as Talas, Sondirra leans closer to it, her body bent over.  The portal doesn't make any noise; no heat or cold comes from it.  If there is something behind it, she can't make it out clearly.  She reaches up a hand and with a trembling finger, gingerly touches the shimmering surface of the portal.  She looks at her finger again.  It is all there, so that at least is encouraging.

She reaches out her finger again, but this time feels a pressure on her bottom.  A foot shaped pressure to be more exact, right on her posterior.  She is about to turn around to see what it is when the pressure increases dramatically and with a small "EEP!" Sondirra is hurtled through the portal.

This is a loud portal; the loudest portal Sondirra has ever, ever, been through.  Of course, this is the ONLY portal Sondirra has ever been through.   Were they all this loud?

Suddenly she feels Talas' finger on her lips, and the loudness abruptly stops when she realizes it has only been her screaming.  "Oh.  Sorry.  My first time with portals.   I promise that won't happen again."

She feels her cheeks burning.  Like they'd take her back now.  Probably gonna be left here forever.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 04:35:20 AM by Sondirra Moryveen » Logged

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2010, 02:23:36 AM »

Terra follows as they make their way through the library. Close at Ta'las' side, her hand in his, she savors the closeness as for now they seem safe, and yet she considers the librarians words. His instructions were either a riddle few would understand, perhaps the center of the library was not meant as it seemed, or the symbol they seek was obscure and would only be known by those knowing what to look for. Terra is about to speak as they pass an intersection that would lead to the center of the library, yet she notices how resolutely he moved and knows he had not merely missed the turn but is moving toward another place, another center none but him could perceive. She only gives to Ta'las a special smile meant only for him when he finally speaks up, but by then Capher has found the spot he seeks. They all watch as Capher reveals the door to a hidden room, the light is blinding and Terra wonders and fears if anyone else had seen it from other parts of the library. At Caphers urging them though, Terra lays aside her thoughts and returns Ta'las' squeeze following him though her hand in his. Once her eyes were adjusted she scans the room drinking in all the details of the room, but for what they seek she would need Capher to lead her, and so waits for his instruction.
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2010, 01:31:17 AM »

Capher watched as Ta'las and then Terra, hand in hand, stepped through the portal; that just left Sondirra and himself, however Sondirra was a bit more hesitant, first she put her finger in the shimmering glow of the portal and pulled it back out, and seemed relieved that it was still there. Capher thought, Hurry up girl, the time is almost gone. Sondirra then begins to do the same thing. Capher muttered under his breath, "I usually do not do this but we have just a couple of blinks left, so excuse me Sondirra," Capher went behind her, raised his right leg and planting his foot on her butt gently, but firmly, pushed her through and then quickly followed as the portal closed and a pristine marble wall stood in its place on their side and a dusty old brick one in the library.

"Sorry about that Sondirra, but we only had a couple of blinks left before the portal closed," Capher explained blushing. Sometimes human emotions were...were...distracting, Capher thought.

The portal had led them to a oval room with pristine marble floors and walls all covered with strange archaic symbols. The ceiling looked liked the night sky with the constellations of the stars twinkling down giving the only light in the room, but it was enough that it was almost bright as a dusky evening. The one thing the room did not have were scrolls, or tomes or books, or even shelves. It was completely empty!

"Well, what do you think?" Capher asked with a mischievous smile spreading across his face.
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2010, 11:46:20 AM »

Ta'las raises his eyebrows at Sondirra, who screams as she crosses the portal.  He is happy to see that her shout hasn't drawn any attention, however they will need to speak to her further about this.  Other situations will require their group to be much less obtrusive, and she will need to learn quickly to control such an outburst.  Still, she is young, so the Shendar does nothing but set a finger on her lips.

He gives Terra a questioning look - he had thought they would find a room filled with books and scrolls, not strange markings and a ceiling covered with the constellations.  Hopefully Capher, who emerges soon after all of them, will have some knowledge of how next to proceed.  Ta'las wonders about the mischievous grin he offers them, and the wizard's query leads him to think that he knows the answer, but wishes to test them first.

The Shendar looks at the symbols on the wall, but aside from the sigil that represents Foiros, none of them is familiar.  Still, there is something about their pattern on the wall that strikes him.  In parts, the pattern repeats itself - not continuously - but in parts, here and there on the wall.  And the closer he looks at the stars, the more Ta'las sees similar patterns.  However, he cannot read them - he is neither a sorceror nor an astronomer.

"Capher, the symbols on the wall are not familiar to me, and I have not studied the stars enough to know how to the two might be connected.  But when I look closely, I can see patterns here," he points to a series of four symbols, " that all point to the same grouping of stars up here."  He finishes pointing to a small constellation that he recalls seeing low on the horizon during his travels in the early spring.  "Are the symbols and the stars a map of sorts?"

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2010, 02:03:06 AM »

Terra only nods at Ta'las' observation, here eyes fill with self disappointment of not being able to help as she had hoped when she looks to Capher.

"Unless my love is wrong and there are books and scrolls here that are hidden, I can't help. I don't understand the symbols in here, There is a pattern to them, but what it means is as much a mystery to me as words I have not learned the meaning for."

Terra seeks closeness with Ta'las to comfort her disappointment, and understands more how Ta'las must have felt while Capher was teaching her to regain her ability to read.

"We will need your guidance."
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2010, 03:15:06 AM »

Five of them, clad in white; an entourage from the elves, a decidedly rare occasion. They traveled warily, looking not only at the faces of their fellow travelers, but something else passed between them, a feeling that left most seeing themselves as eerily bare, not in the physical sense, but as though their emotions and desires had been displayed - a very disturbing feeling indeed. They were not ordinary travelers - the outriders wore long white robes with large green shoulder pads, trimmed in brilliant gold. Their collars were high, their long, light-brown hair falling generally inside it as it covered nearly the entire backs of their heads. Their backs were straight, they rode majestically, deliberately, five mid-size horses, each of pure white. Possibly a breed not native to their home, but Elves love parade, especially in an effort to impress and awe their human neighbors.

The woman who rode in the center was different, though not significantly to the passers-by. Her visible attire was not a robe, like the others, but a cloak enclosed about her entire body, running the full length from her shoulders to the bottom of her feet. It had no collar, and the pads on the shoulders were much smaller, and entirely of felt with a heavy gold inlay, until the pad itself appeared to be made of gold. Her eyes looked only straight ahead, and the look in them was distant, possibly a little hopeful - and very dead. Her animal sported a larger saddle, complete with bags, and was a little shorter than the others, much like herself, though it still carried itself as the others, willing and deliberate; a little wary, each footstep deliberate.

As they approach Ximax, and the type that traveled to and from the city of magic become more and more frequent, the elves grow more and more wary. Finally they approach the city gates proper, and one of the elves in the rear, obviously the only one who speaks Tharian, at least in public, is speaking condescendingly with the guards when the woman spots the aj'nuvic and its riders coming from the city. She has seen such a creature, the beast of the deserts, though it has been some time. Her gaze focuses on it and her brows crease slightly - and the lead riders spot the motion. Their reaction is instant and dramatic.

Immediately they draw their animals between the woman and the one who has drawn her attention, their hands no longer near their scimitars, but on them, drawing the blades only enough to show a small glint of steel. Their eyes are determined, hard and cold as they stare the warrior woman of the Shendar down, daring her to approach their charge.

The guard looks in a mild panic, and others approach. "There'll be no fighting here!", one of them shouts desperately, and the elves ignore him. Rather, on a sudden, the woman speaks, her tongue fluently Styrash. The lead elf on her left, apparently the one most superior in rank or age, it is difficult for most to tell, listens to her for a moment, and the protectors draw back slightly. The woman dismounts, and the front-right outrider takes the reins of her animal. The leader also dismounts, and meets her when she is yet ten peds from the aj'nuvic and its riders. For a moment they converse in the elven tongue, and finally embrace. He turns to the aj'nuvic's rider with a hopeful smile as the woman steps forward, nearly within reach of the creature's head, looks hopefully up at the Shendar, and within her eyes glowing a new light, she asks, brokenly, "T-Talia?

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2010, 05:49:31 AM »

"Capher, the symbols on the wall are not familiar to me, and I have not studied the stars enough to know how to the two might be connected.  But when I look closely, I can see patterns here," he points to a series of four symbols, " that all point to the same grouping of stars up here."  He finishes pointing to a small constellation that he recalls seeing low on the horizon during his travels in the early spring.  "Are the symbols and the stars a map of sorts?" Tal'as asks.

Capher's smile ceased for just a moment, but quickly returned to its mischievous state. "Your observation skills have not failed you Ta'las. Yes, they are a sort of map," Capher answered.

Terra, with a look of disappointment on her agreed with Ta'las and just commented,"We will need your guidance."

Capher slowly walked around the room and every once in a while his hand would touch a symbol. He finally stopped where only he knew was the opening of the portal. He turned, and faced the group, a nasty sneer crossed his face. "You are only too naive. All this time you thought I was Capher. Capher has been sealed since he entered into this vile place. I Eckra, will once again rule these lands as I once did long ago and you meddling fools will die with that knowledge as this room will lose its air soon."

The wall behind Capher shimmered, and Capher stepped through, and the portal closed immediately behind him sealing the three in for all eternity! Capher quickly walked out of the library, was met by the old librarian, who as they walked turned into an orc and Capher turned into a very much different type of man. A man who had dark black malevolent eyes, sporting a dark mustache'd goatee and his robes turned Nor'sidian black. He walked with a limp on his left side; the limp so debilitating that he used a wooden crutch to help him walk. He stopped long enough to turn back and look at the library, his heavy black brows knitted together until they looked liked one.

"That young Shendar has an intellect, that with the right kind of training would become a great sorcerer," The Sophronian warrior, since she has fallen in love with the Shendar, had lost her forcus, but she would have been a very strong opponent. The young writer had her adventure," He laughed an evil laugh. "It is a shame Ghun that the other two, the Shendar woman and that wretched brownie had not come along. Oh well, they are just two now, and when they cannot find their friends, will probably just go home."

Ghun grunted, "Brownie, would have been nice snack."

Eckra laughed again that evil laugh, turned again and looked toward the academy. His brows knit again and his face took on a look that would turn anything that looked at it to stone. "I am not sure about the elven magician, she seemed to be looking for something that this Capher seemed to have. What it is I do not know and I would like to stay and see if I could sway her to our side, but my time is up."

Eckra stood upright, threw his head into the air, and then just shimmered and disappeared.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Deep inside a dark chamber Capher sat; arms and legs crossed, motionless floating in air bathed by the light of the Orb. Suddenly a voice spoke in the chamber. "I must speak to him," it asked.

"He cannot be disturbed at this moment," the Orb responded.

The voice spoke again, this time with a bit more authority. "I am the Orb of Ximax and I demand that I speak to him. It is most urgent!"

The other Orb glowed a deep red, for a moment, then returned to it's normal neutral color. The light around Capher slowly faded and Capher slowly drifted to the cavern floor. "Very well, there he is, speak to him, but be quick about it, he needs more healing."

"Capher? Capher wake up and listen."

Deep inside of Capher's mind he hears a voice urging him to wake up, but his mind does not want to. It had been in a place of such peace and contentment that to his mind it was unreal, yet as real as it could get. The voice yelled louder in his mind, it had an urgency about it. Finally with a sigh, Capher's mind let go of the nirvana like state it had been and allowed Capher to wake up.

Capher slowly opened his eyes and saw the Orb in front of him, glowing softly with many different hues of color. "Did you speak to me?" Capher asked.

"No, I am the one speaking," a voice said.

Capher looked around the chamber and saw no one. "Where are you? I do not see you?" Capher asked.

"I am in another chamber. I am the Orb of Ximax," Capher noticed the Orb in front of him turned a much brighter red for a blink, then returned to its normal color. Obviously, the two orbs have a disagreement about who is the Orb of Ximax, Capher thought, smiling to himself.

"It is not something taken lightly," the Orb in front of him said, speaking directly to Capher's mind.

Capher blushed. "I apologize."

The Orb in front of him just turned to a neutral color, the hues of color that were swirling inside of it, now muted and covered.

"Capher?" The voice asked.

"What is it?" Capher responded, feeling a bit foolish speaking into the air.

"Your friends are in terrible danger. They are trapped in Ethan's Keep!"

Capher tried to rise, but his legs nor his arms would not move. He had been in that position for so long that they were numb. "By Seyella, did you say Ethan's Keep?" Capher asked as he willed his arms to move.

"Yes, that is what I said. Are you deaf?" The voice asked a bit sarcastically.

Capher gave the air a look of disdain. "No, I am not deaf. I am surprised at the news. There are, as far as I knew, only two people alive who knew how to get to Ethan's Keep; myself and my master, Talon, Ethan's son."

Capher got one arm to move and was slowly rubbing his other one, suddenly the implications became clear. "That room is air tight!" He shouted at the voice.

"Why do you think I asked to speak to you? Did you think I was lonely and needed someone to talk to?" The voice asked.

"No need to be so rude," Capher said as his arms moved his left leg off of his right and began rubbing them, to get the circulation going.

"Rude! I am never rude," the voice said indignantly.

The Orb in Capher's sight turned a red color for a blink.

"Well, perhaps...sometimes I am a bit," the voice said a bit apologetically. There was a blink of a pause and then the voice blurted out, "But to only those who ask stupid questions!"

Capher finally had both legs circulating, for he could feel the onset of the pain as blood rushed through his veins. He had to leave and get his friends out of the Keep. How they got there..."How did they get in the Keep," he asked.

"We, I mean you and your friends have a very powerful enemy. It seems he took your place and tricked your friends into following him to the Keep and then left them there."

Capher had lost all sense of time when he had been in the healing power of the Orb. He did not know what day it was, or even if it was day or night. His mind was fuzzy. Eckra? How could Eckra leave Tak'Dinal? He is symbolically chained to that place just as Talon was to the Wizards White Tower. Something was not right, but he could dwell on that problem later, first things first, he must leave and rescue his friends.

Finally his legs could move and he unsteadily stood up. "I need to get out of here. Where is the door?" He asked, looking around.

"You cannot leave just yet. Your healing is not finished," the Orb in the room spoke, its multi-hued glow filling the room.

"But I must! I am the only one who can free them! If they do not get free shortly, they will run out of air and die! I have to leave!"

"You are not complete," the Orb responded dispassionately.

"I do not care. I need to free my friends!" Capher said.

"I need to think on the matter," the Orb replied and then the colors went dark.

"Think on the matter! My friends are dying! What is there to think about?" Capher shouted.

The Orb gave no response.

Capher stumbled over to the Orb and pounded up it. "What is there to think about? My friends are slowly dying! You cannot keep me here! I came of my own free will and I want to leave...Now!" but its covering was like Uryant and soon Capher's fists were bloodied.

Capher shouted at the air. "Your supposed to be the Orb of Ximax! Free me!"

There was no answer.

Capher's anger boiled and with a single thought he turned into his original form: a dragon, and a very angry one. His body almost filled the chamber, his scaly, horned head scraped against the ceiling. He roared and pounded against the rock walled chamber, but not even a piece fell off. He roared again and belched out a stream of fire, but the wall was not even slightly scorched. Finally Capher belched fire at the Orb itself, again, nothing happened.

Capher returned to his human form and tried to use his magic, but it did not work against the chamber walls. He ran around the chamber looking for the door, but it was a hopeless task as there was none; exhausted, he leaned against the smooth wall and slowly fell until he was sitting on the chamber floor, hanging his head, tears flowed freely as images of his friends floated in front of his eyes.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 07:03:00 AM by Capher » Logged
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2010, 10:34:51 AM »

Eckra!  Here in Ximax!  Ta'las curses his stupidity - how could he have missed it?!?  The Elves' stanza resonates in his mind again, and he realises how badly he has misjudged everyone.  Deceived by simple trickery!!  The Shendar curses again, but this time out loud, and he punches a fist against the wall.  As he does so, light flashes out from beneath his hand, and at some point up on the ceiling, one of the constellations shifts.

Ta'las takes a step away from the wall and furrows his eyebrows, confused at what has happened.  "I thought only my mother's medallion caused that," he mutters.  The Shendar looks more carefully at the wall where he hit it and notices that it wasn't the symbol on his mother's amulet, but something else he does not recognise.  And unfortunately, he cannot pinpoint the exact location where the flash of light had emanated from the ceiling - in his anger, he had not been paying close enough attention.

"Terra, what do you make of this?" he asks as he touches the symbol of Foiros, and watches the set of stars that represent the sun-loving deity move to a different point on the ceiling.  Ta'las points at the stars that now sit high on the horizon.  "See that?  The stars move when you touch one of the symbols.  And I know that position too - that is when Foiros is his strongest, in the middle of summer."

"Eckra touched four different symbols to get out of here.  If we can just figure out the right pattern..."
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 10:42:50 AM by Talas Anthavin » Logged

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2010, 02:27:16 AM »

Time? What is time when you are in an inescapeble cavern? You cannot even know time? How much has passed; blinks, days, weeks, months, or even years?

Capher sat in total Nor'sidian darkness. The Orb had gone dark and without its light there was...nothing, but a cold hard rock floor to sit upon and a smooth granite wall upon which you can lean back on. He probably should not have attacked the Orb itself; that was probably not a good idea, but at the time he had been so enraged that that was all he could think of. He had no idea the Orb had so much power. Sure, he had heard of this Orb crashing into Caelereth, shortly after the Tree of Life had been split by Coor, the opposite of Ava, the dreameress, who created all of the lands, its forests, lakes, rivers, oceans and even the Gods themselves. She created the begininng of the Races, starting with the Elves, and ending with humankind. The Gods created most of the other things in Caelereth and then there was the War of the Chosen, were very powerful dark sorcerers conjured up beasts of unimaginable horror and power from Coor's domain but the best thing she created was magic.

Magic, called by the humans, there were other names for it, the elves called it...what did the elves call it? By the gods I am losing my mind! I need to get out of here. Perhaps... The germ of an idea began to spring into Capher's mind and he began to smile.

Capher awoke with the sun streaming through a small window far up in the tower where he had been led the first day he arrived. He blinked a few times and even shook his head. Where were the orbs? They were not there, neither was the cavern and then it dawned on him; he had imagined it all. Well, not all of it was imagined, for he did have to go to a cavern like room where an Orb was slowly healing his powers. He knew the orb could not speak, neither did Xarl's Bluesttide's orb speak, so why did his mind imagine it to be so? Was it in a very deep sub-conscious level trying to tell him something? He tried to recall the conversation, but already it was fading fast from his mind. Perhaps, when he goes back to the Orb he will remember. In the meantime, he would wait for breakfast.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 03:19:34 PM by Capher » Logged
Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2010, 02:21:01 AM »

Terra's face slid easily into it's cool mask at Eckra reveals his deception, ready to strike at the first opportunity but is to far away for her MoonBlade, she knows she must risk one of her throwing knives. Perhaps the weapon of her ancestors could end the insanity. It was a slim hope, but if nothing more perhaps she could wound and weaken their enemy. With great determination she made her move as Eckra turns and steps through the portal, she handles the weapon with focus and it flies true, but to late as the portal seals it's self off a mere blink before her weapon can pass and the blade hits a solid wall before clattering to the floor.

Her disappointment in herself is so great when she turn to Ta'las, the one she loves, she can not bring herself to raise her head to look into his eyes. She had thought they were safe, that their enemy would not strike at them in a city, much less one of magic; they had always struck while they were isolated. Try as she might, she just could not find her calm center and forgive herself for letting her guard fall so completely, her only thought is how she can redeem herself to the others that motivates her. She had thought she was cautious, but she had let complacency and hope lead her to believe a lie, now she must save those she cares about even if they no longer return that caring. Finally her head raises as Ta'las asks her what she thought of his discovery, her face in a cool mask not betraying the shame beneath as she strides to a part of the wall.

"This is one of the symbols he used."

She states in a cool even voice.
Roosje Greenfields
White Messenger
Story Mod

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2010, 03:52:12 AM »

***deleted due to inconsistencies***
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 03:34:42 AM by Roosje Greenfields » Logged

Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2010, 11:01:20 AM »

Ta'las nods and smiles at Terra as she points out one of the symbols Eckra used to open the portal out of the room.  "Blessed Seyella, it will be a glorious day when you finally get to meet my mother-sister.  She will not believe I was able to woo a woman such as you."  The Shendar kisses her on the cheek, and rubs Terra's shoulder as he looks about the room for the next symbol.  "From here, he walked this way, around the room," Ta'las adds and walks around four paces, attempting to estimate the distance to the next symbol.  "And if I'm correct, this was the next symbol he touched."

This time, however, as the symbol lights up, a small opening in the wall appears, revealing a scroll hidden away in a tiny alcove-like space.  Surprised, the Shendar reaches for the scroll, but the moment he lays a hand on it, the scroll disappears, along with the small space in the wall.  He shakes his head and grimaces.  "No, it must have been just up above that.  This will take longer than I thought if we keep making mistakes without tracking them."  He looks over at Sondirra.   "We are fortunate you are with us.  Sondirra, could you write down the order of each symbol we touch, and the effect is has?"

He puts his hands on his hips.  "Now we will need to start over.  Terra, would you like to do the honours this time?"

Sondirra Moryveen
Chronicler
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #103 on: September 06, 2010, 07:44:16 PM »

Sondirra watches in wonder as Capher claims to be someone else; someone named Eckra.  Then he steps quickly through another portal, even as Terra moves with a speed Sondirra can barely register and a throwing knife sails across the room.  But, as quick as Terra was, it wasn't quick enough, as the blade clatters harmlessly to the floor.

It takes a few moments for the enormity of the situation to hit Sondirra and she feels a sudden panic begin to feed on itself within her.  They are trapped here, wherever here is.  There are no doors, there are no windows.  There is no hope!  Her breathing is getting more laboured.  Her chest feels as though it is going to burst.

Sondirra's eyes dart from one of her companions to the other.  They have each other.  Will that be a comfort as they spend what little of their lives here together?  Sondirra has never had anyone, not like that.  Only Willem.  In truth, he had never been hers.  What would it have been like to have someone?  A quick look at Terra and Talas shows Sondirra that it does give each other comfort and strength, and in that she draws a small measure of strength herself, forcing her breathing to slow a bit.

They speak of symbols, the symbols on the wall, the ones that the Eckra touched to get out of here.   Oh, why hadn't she paid more attention to the symbols?  Why was she even here?  She was just a silly girl from Onved.  She doesn't belong here with these brave adventurers.  A silly dream.  And now she was going to die because of it.

Hearing her name, she forces her mind to focus on Talas.  What was he saying?  Fortunate to have her here?  Sondirra swallows hard and nods.  "Yes, I can write it down."  Her voice sounds so small and weak.

Sondirra sits cross legged on the floor and opens her journal and takes out the quill.  She opens the small bottle of ink, but shaky fingers spill some of it on the hem of her dress.  The dress her mother lovingly made for her.  All that hard work put into it and Sondirra nearly ruins it with her clumsiness.  She tries desperately and futilely to wipe the ink from the material but to no avail and tears of frustration come to her eyes.

"No, not my dress.  Not my dress."  She looks up at Talas with tear filled pleading eyes.  "I've ruined my dress.  My mom made this dress for me and I've ruined it."
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 02:59:18 PM by Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin » Logged

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2010, 07:30:16 AM »

Talia is in a very good mood when she rides towards the city gates of Ximax. Finally away from that magic infested air she thinks though I never had such troubles before, should that be a late effect from my encounter with the demon lord? At first she had thought, that a day on her own would be good for her mental sanity, for she had been a more solitary living person due to her travels as a writer for the compendium until she met Capher and Terra back in the Thirsty Herald, where all had begun. Since then she had not been alone often. But now she is glad to have Roosje with her. Somehow having her close is not a burden as are the tall persons inhabiting Ximax. The brave fox is sitting behind her on the bags, Roosje in front of her,  in her own private little seat of leather ropes - her feet in contact with the aj‘nuvics fur as Talia‘s big ones.

They have just passed the gate when Talia sees a spectacular group of elves standing near the entrance to the city.  White horses, white cloaks, green shoulders, straight backs, an arrogant bearing. Talia is about to turn away to make room and to avoid any harm done to her passengers when the elves seem to mass before her,  hands on their weapons. Instinctively she reaches to her own sword only to realise, that she has left it in the inn, along with the flute. She had never thought she might need it here in this civilised area!

"There'll be no fighting here!" somebody shouts, more people are gathering, the situations seems nearly to get out of control. But suddenly the elves draw back and Talia sees a woman in their midst, smaller than the rest somehow, less glorious...

The woman dismounts, and the front-right outrider takes the reins of her animal. The leader also dismounts, and meets her when she is yet ten peds from Swing. For a moment they converse in the elven tongue, and finally embrace. He turns to Talia with a hopeful smile as the woman steps forward, nearly within reach of the creature's head, looks hopefully up at the Shendar, and within her eyes glowing a new light, she asks, brokenly, "T-Talia?

Talia looks down, surprised, puzzled, stunned. Though she has spent a lot of time with the elves of the Quallian, though she knows a couple of Maeverhim, elves are still a strange race for her. And out of their midst a woman steps forward to address her. But then she looks in the face and the eyes of that woman and a cry escapes her mouth: Teri! Aueniteri!

Recognising her old friend who had vanished so suddenly in the Vale and jumping down is one. Talia swings her leg over Roosje, slides down the side of her animal and falls more or less in Aueniteri‘s arms, embracing the half-elf heartily, not wanting to let her go.  Tears are in her eyes which she wipes away without noticing. Finally she releases the other woman, but only to whelm her with questions.

„Teri, where have you been, what has happened to you, are you well? Let‘s go a bit to the side, so that we are not in the way.. “ Talia looks questioning at the companions of Aueniteri, but leads then the aj‘nuvic to the side near the wall, but not without taking Teri by her arm, wanting to drag her over as well. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]

[March 09, 2018, 05:45:59 PM]