Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ximax  (Read 22734 times)
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« on: October 15, 2009, 05:23:29 AM »

It is past dawn, when Talia awakes. The soft, warm bed, the undisturbed silence and the relative darkness of the room compared to a night under trees have let her sleep much longer than she would normally. For some minutes she stays in bed, thinking about what all has happened in the past days, but then her unrest is too great and she rises from the bed.

Nobody is here, she is alone, and as she realises this, she sits down again on her bed. Terra, she assumes, is with Ta‘las, and while thinking at the two, a smile crosses her face. At least something which can lighten the heart. But there is no Terri either, and she misses her dearly. So many of their companions of their journey are now elsewhere. And she had thought always, they would stay with the group till the end, where ever that end would be, or when. Only Capher, the leader of their group and Terra are left from those who initially started out in the Herald. Later Ta'las was sent.. by the gods, to rescue her an she dearly hopes, he will not vanish as so many before. Capher. Her heart gets heavy again. Hopefully he is alright! Hopefully they can help him.

She is about to fall in a very dark mood again, sits on the edge of her bed and stares into the nothing,  but then her stomach rumbles, she shakes her head, being angry with herself. Finally she dresses to get down to look for a breakfast and possible Terra and Ta‘las.

And there, in the common room, she finds in a corner, on a stool, a red, curled up fox and close to his belly, protected by its legs, a tiny white little person. And Talia blushes. How could she have forgotten Roosje! Has she not already fought with them for their lives! Has she not slept near her heart to warm up.

She knees down to observe the two a bit closer. She wants to caress the Fox and the tiny white hair of the brownie, but her hand hovers over the fox and she dares not to touch one of them in their sleep. The fox finally opens an eye, but only looks shortly at Talia. It realises, that there is no danger and closes its eyes again. Talia stays a little while to look at both and promises herself, that in future she would not neglect that lovely little person anymore. That is not, what she deserves.

Her stomach reminds her, that food is an essential for living  and so she leaves both, fox and brownie to order a breakfast for a human and a brownie. Terra and Ta‘las would have to do it themselves, the danger, that a hot breakfast might be cold when they arrived seems Talia to high. And again her heart gets lighter.

All will be well with Capher soon! And then we search with new power for the anvil!
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 11:02:58 AM »

Ta'las wakes the following morning, and smiles pleasantly as he looks over Terra's sleeping face.  And of course, he takes in the rest of her - he smiles again, this time recalling their night together, and hoping they will have more such opportunities.  The Shendar softly kisses her and then quietly rises, not wanting to disturb her sleep, and begins to dress himself.  Before he gets far, he catches a glimpse of himself in a small mirror sitting on a dresser next to their bed, and frowns.  He has neglected to shave himself - a pet-peeve, but something that bothers him enough that he takes the time to remove the stubble from his face and neck.

As he shaves, he contemplates what they will do today.  We must begin to look for the Sword of Fury - surely there must be someone in Ximax who can tell us of its last known resting place.  The library is the first place Ta'las had thought to look, and he is convinced that is at least the place to start.  However, there is one major flaw with the Shendar's plan - he cannot read.  He looks anxiously over at Terra, and wonders if he should confide in her.  But what will she think? he worries to himself.  But perhaps there is a way he can keep his secret.

When he is finishied shaving, Ta'las puts away his razor and washes his face.  Then, he sits next to Terra, and gently nudges her shoulder.  "Lady Terra, Injera already looks down upon us from the morning sky."  Ta'las kisses her again.  "Plus, my stomach must be filled."

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 11:37:45 PM »

Terra wakes and smiles at Ta'las as his words slowly filter through her waking.

"Then let me dress my love, and we will fill our stomachs together."

Her voice is soft and carries with it the departure of sleep as she sits up at first covering herself in a silly gesture of modesty as she looks around trying to remember where she had left her pack. Her thoughts without full control of her waking mind keep slipping to memories of the previous night, returning to her a slight tingle of bliss. Finally as she lets the sheet slip from her she spots her pack in the corner. Raising from the bed she begins to search her back finally retrieving an oilskin wrapped parcel, laying it on the bed she hesitates shortly at opening it, as if opening it would ruin the dress within, but finally she opens it to see she had wrapped it well since last time she wore it and it had not suffered from the events at the ferry. Terra dresses herself in her white dress with a belt around her hips which would take up her sword, then smiles to Ta'las.

"Come my love, let us find our friends and start this day with a morning meal together.*
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 12:04:15 PM »

Ta'las smiles back at Terra, takes a moment to admire how she looks in the dress, and then opens the door which opens into the hall.  The sounds of several customers eating and talking in the common room mix with the clamour of the kitchen staff.  He winks at Terra.  "You'll definitely turn some heads, Lady Terra."  Then he grabs her hand and walks out into common room.  The room is full, so it takes a few moments for him to spot their travelling companions.

"Good morning my friends," he says quietly, and with a smile.  "I hope you haven't been waiting too long."

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 02:10:27 AM »

Terra smiles a special smile meant only for Ta'las at his remark, her features softened with joy and contentment of the moment. Her eyes and baring, though in the swoon of love, betray that under the dress is a warrior and the Moonblade at her hip is no fancy trinket.

"Yet the only eyes that matter to me are yours my love, or those that look upon you, myself or are friends with the intent of malice or harm."

Terra walk close at Ta'las' side, happy, content, and yet with a warriors watchful eye. She feels at peace, finally at balance with herself. The warrior and the woman no longer at odds, but one with purpose. To love, and fight for and to protect those she loves and hold dear. Ta'las, the desert warrior she loves so dearly. Talia, a skilled adventurer from her loves homeland, a woman in which Tarra feels she can turn to for advice and guidance, like and older sister. Capher, an ancient and powerful dragon, and yet like a father to her. And companions past.

She is pulled from her thoughts when Ta'las takes her hand, she smiles all her love in her special smile to him and walks with him to their friends. Terra smiles radiantly to Talia as Ta'las announces them, takes the seat next to her and leaves the seat at her side for Ta'las.

"I hope you slept well."
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 07:15:47 PM »

"I hope you slept well."

Terra and Ta‘las have come to join her, earlier than Talia has assumed. The breakfast has not arrived yet.

„Yes, I did! A soft, warm bed does wonders. And now, that Capher is hopefully in capable hands, the pressure about his well being is somewhat lifted. I didn‘t sleep for so long for quite some time. I think we all did! You two..“ and now Talia smiles gives her two friends a broad smile“ and look, Roosje and her fox are over there, they enjoy the dry place also! But I have ordered only breakfast for me and Roosje, we have to fix that! I‘ll go and order two more!“

She goes over to the bar and orders more breakfast portions for Terra and Ta‘las. A lot of people are here, as she only now recognises. There an extremely beautiful elf with long golden curls catches her eyes. It is unfair, Talia thinks, probably she is 900 years old and looks already in the morning fresh like a 15 years olds girl. Unaware of herself, she tries to flatten her braid. She should have given it more attention, but she has been hungry for food and company (not sure, in which order), that her appearance was no concern for her after she has woken up.

On her way back to the table, Talia‘s eyes meet a pair of large deep blue eyes watching her. The young woman to whom they belong is suddenly embarrassed as she realises, that Talia has noticed her. Colour rushes to her lovely face, which makes her even prettier. Such honey blond hair! She places both hands over her heart and gazes at Talia apologetically.  "I'm sorry," she mouths, before looking back to her own table.

Talia stops at her table, laughing at her. „Don‘t worry! I‘m used to be stared at, with my not so common outfit. But if you really want to meet somebody special, I‘ll show you my aj‘nuvic after breakfast! Just come over and join us later. Now I‘m hungry!“

Back at the table she takes her place next to Terra.

„Now, I won‘t ask you now, how the night was for you, I see, it was a good one!“ she says with a grin on her face. Teasing or even a tiny bit of embarrassing friends is one of her favourite hobbies, if she is in a merry mood.  Expectantly she waits, if any of the two will at least blush a little bit.
Roosje Greenfields
White Messenger
Story Mod

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 02:36:05 AM »

When Roosje wakes up and stretches herself, she finds that Talia, Terra and Ta'las are already downstairs. She feels a little bit better than last night, her mood lightened by a good night's rest. For a while she just leans back against the still sleeping form of her mount, watching the morning activity in the common room.

As soon as she notices that Inuya has awoken (probably from the smell of food coming from the kitchen), she fixes her harness and climbs onto the fox's back. That was the thing with travelling with these tall folk - she was always on her fox, because without Inuya she could reach nowhere, unless she was carried by one of them. If she didn't want to feel like a doll all the time, she had no choice but to make use of Inuya all the time. She liked tallfolk, but not that much.

Jumping up on the table, she waves to her companions and calls out. "Good morning! Sleep well everyone?"
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 02:36:34 AM by Roosje Greenfields » Logged

Terra Artemos
Moonblade Warrior
Story Mod

Human, Sophronian

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 01:41:37 PM »

Terra's eyes follow Talia as they alertly glance away from Ta'las for brief moments though she continues to smile her special smile only for him. She is quite aware they had the attention of some of the individuals in the Inn, she wanted to make sure it was not the wrong kind of attention. Most that caught her glances only smiled as if reminded of that special quality of new love, she return their smile. A few others that were without a doubt leering at her despite the fact the hand of the one being in hers simply looked away at her appraising glances as they remind them that she is not just a pretty maiden with a trinket sword, but a warrior and one for whom her honor and heart were spoken for.

Before long Talia returns taking her seat again, as she does so her comment makes Terra blush a shortly from being so caught off guard by the unspoken meaning of her words. As quickly as the blush of surprise had come and gone so to had her mind in a new way it had not for quite some time and replies.

"And like a good big sister you know just what I am doing."

Her lips take on a grin mirroring Talia's, and then spots Roosje's fox hopping up on the table as she waves from her mounts back and wave.

"Grand morning to you to Roosje. It has been a restful night, and I am glad to see it has rejuvenated you as well."

Terra's smile takes on a heir of gratitude as she looks to Roosje.

"Please forgive me for not thanking you earlier for your help on the ferry."
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 01:09:07 AM »

The door to the academy opened and Capher blinked into the sunshine. He took his cane and with its help followed one of the guards that met him. "I will take you to the inn where your friends are," he said.

Capher nodded and silently followed the guard. His thoughts turned back to the previous night and what he had gone through and seen after being allowed to touch the Orb of Ximax. The orb was the most fascinating thing Capher had ever encountered. It was pure magic. Not even the elven magic of Xeua was that pure. Capher was certain the orb was part of, or had to have been part of Ava herself. He wondered if Talon knew of the orb or Seyella forbid, Eckra! If Eckra ever got a hold of the orb...

Capher could not even imagine the horrors.

Capher's guard led him to the inn's front door. "I will be waiting for you when the sun is almost down to take you back," he said, "In the meantime visit with your friends and enjoy the city." He opened the door and Capher walked in. "Thank you, " he said.

"Your most welcome, master," the guard replied.

Capher was no more draconian in sight but human, even his robe was plain as was his cane. The magical markings that had before been on them were gone. He walked into the common room and looked around. There! At that table were his friends. He walked over to them not noticing the glances, nor the whispers behind him, he just wanted to be with his friends.

Capher noticed that Ta'las and Terra seemed to sitting awfully close to one another and there was that certain glow around both of them. That glow that Capher had seen, but could never quite understand, since he was not human, the glow of love. It literally flowed from both of them, like a rainbow after a summer's rain.  Talia, was beaming as well and a glow surrounded her too, a glow of a different color, a soft hue of blue, the color of contentment and happiness. There was a color around Roosjie too, not quite the soft blue of Talia, but more of a purple, the color of happiness mixed with confusion, or doubt.

This power he had to see aura's was something Capher had not been able to do since way back when he first saw Talon's father. It would seem that the orb was renewing powers that he thought he had lost over the centuries.

Finally he stood at the front of the table. He looked down at Talia, "Is this seat taken?" He asked. "The food looks delicious and I am starving. He leaned his cane against the table, slightly bowed and looking each one in the eye said gratefully, "Hello my friends. It is good to see you all,"

It felt good to speak with a mouth.
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2009, 05:27:28 AM »

"And like a good big sister you know just what I am doing."

Terra answers to Talia‘s teasing about  how her night has been. And she grins back! That has been really a night they needed, now the morning looks much brighter than those before. Little Roosje jumps on the table, sitting on her fox.

"Good morning! Sleep well everyone?"

Her little voice is astonishingly good to hear, despite the noise in the room.

„Yes, Roosje, I slept so deeply, I didn‘t even miss your company. Why did you prefer to sleep downstairs, was that not a bit dangerous for a person so small as you are? Inuya could have been mistaken as... as.. don‘t know.  Do you want to come down from your fox and join us? Look, I asked the barkeeper for a tiny cup and plate. I think he has a little girl. Do you want to take something from my plate? I won‘t notice it.“

They have not really started with their breakfast, when the door opens an a cold draft announces a newcomer. Busy with her breakfast, Talia doesn‘t look up.

"Is this seat taken?"somebody asks. "The food looks delicious and I am starving.“ Talia is alerted and looks up. A well known face looks down on her.

"Hello my friends. It is good to see you all,"Capher says.

„Capher!“ Talia cries out and pushing her plate back towards Roosje, she jumps up and throws her arms around Capher, holding him tight for some time. But then she releases him out of her arms and  takes a step back, looking all over him.

„Capher, are you your old self again?“

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 02:01:27 AM »

„Capher!“ Talia cries out and pushing her plate back towards Roosje, she jumps up and throws her arms around Capher, holding him tight for some time. But then she releases him out of her arms and  takes a step back, looking all over him.

Capher hugged Talia back, though not as tight as she held him, but it felt good. Finally she stepped back as if perhaps she was a bit embarrassed at her behavior especially in front of strangers. Those they traveled with would understand. Finally after looking him over she asks,

„Capher, are you your old self again?"

How do I answer that? he thought. He recalled once again all that he had gone through the previous night; the barriers of magic he had to pass, the puzzles he had to figure out to open some doorways and close others and then touching the orb itself for the first time. Am I my old self again? Capher thought once again.

He smiled cryptically at Talia and all of those at the table. "The answer is yes and no Talia. I have to go back to the academy tonight before the sun sets to continue my healing. But I have all day to be with you. I was thinking as I was walking here that perhaps the library of Ximax might hold some answers to some of our questions about our quest. Maybe a clue about where the Sword of Fury and Kurik's Anvil might be located. Also if they have any information about Tak'Dinal and Eckra. Though all are lost in the myths of time, if there is any place that might have old scrolls that may mention them and even the War of the Chosen, this would be the library."

He paused, licking his lips. His mouth was dry and his stomache rumbled. "Do you mind if I order something to eat?" he asked as a passing waitress walked by, he got her attention and ordered some mutton, potatoes, eggs and a large tankard of goats milk.

Capher turned his attention back to his friends. "I also think we should visit the dwarves here as well. Perhaps we could split up, it may make the tasks easier. Ta'las and Terra, you could go to the library and Talia, roosjie and I could go to the dwarves. Of course those are just ideas and thoughts of mine, perhaps you all have already decided what you were going to do today." 

The waitress soon came back with Capher's order and without much ado, Capher poured himself a large goblet of milk and began digging into his food, eating as if he had not eaten in a month, almost inhaling the food and washing it down with the milk.
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2009, 12:09:53 AM »

Though Ta'las sits next to Terra, close enough to hear her conversation with Talia, the Shendar blushes and pretends not to notice the innuendo being bantered between the two of them.  He squeezes her hand briefly, and the he smiles at Roosje.  "I slept well, Roosje.  I noticed you waking from your rest down here - would you like us to find a room that might be more comfortable for a brownie?  I expect we will be spending some time in Ximax before we move on."

"Speaking of which, we may learn more on this now," he adds, just as Capher walks into the inn, and Talia rushes to embrace their friend.  Ta'las notices his friend leaning on his cane, and though his face appears human-like once again, the Shendar can tell from the odd shape of his cloak that their friend's 'transformation' is yet in progress.

Before Capher has a chance to disengage himself from Talia, Ta'las leans close to Roosje, and whispers, "We must watch our friend, closely, Roosje.  I'm not sure he is fully healed."  He holds the brownie's gaze for a moment to emphasize his point and then leans back as Capher rejoins them.

"It is good to see you again Capher," he says with a fascinated grin, watching his elderly friend eat like a young man again.  "They must not have fed you."

Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2009, 02:09:32 AM »

"And to you my Shendar warrior" Capher mumbles, as he spears a slab of mutton and shoves it into his mouth. Capher continued between bites and drinking, "Ta'las my boy you would have loved one of the puzzles I had to figure out, you too Talia, for you had to something akin to your sword practice I see you do every once in awhile. The puzzle had me twirling like a dancer, several times I fell and failed and then when I did not fall, I still failed for the last step was looking at one direction but required to swing your leg completely around and hit the object you were looking at before you started. The trick is, and I think you and Talia, and most likely Terra as well, since you are all warriors, is to snap your head around first before you even begin to turn, am I right? Well I know I am right for that is what I did and passed that portion of my way to the orb."

Suddenly Capher gasped, he grabbed his head in pain. "I forgot, I forgot," he screamed. "I will not do it again. I promise, please release me!"

As fast as the pain had come the pain left but it left Capher dazed and silently embarrassed as he looked around at his friends, his eyes at last resting upon Ta'las. "I...I spoke of things I am not allowed to speak of, forgive me." he said softly.

Capher in his excitement had forgotten the warnings from the Orb and had revealed something that had been hidden for centuries. The punishment came swift. The Orb did not compromise. Capher also knew that that had been his first and last warning, if he would ever start to reveal anymore secrets he would not be healed. The Orb would refuse to see him.

Capher tried to change the subject, "Ta'las, you and Terra seem to be a bit more closer today. Anything you two would like to share with an old man?" Capher asked grinning.
Lady of the South
Story Mod

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2009, 12:55:40 AM »

Talia is glad to have Capher back and to know, that something is done. But when he speaks of parting the group, she looks worried. How should this work out? The trip to the dwarves would take its time, should Ta‘las and Terra look around the library the whole time?  The library was big, but would they get access to it, not being  students of any kind, not to speak of magic.

But her worries are forgotten, as Capher tells them lively about what he has done in the last night. Suddenly though, he gasps, he grabs his head in pain and screams "I forgot, I forgot, I will not do it again. I promise, please release me!" Talia is terrified. But as fast as the pain has come it it seems has left Capher, who sits dazed and silently embarrassed, looking around at his friends, his eyes at last resting upon Ta'las. "I...I spoke of things I am not allowed to speak of, forgive me." he said softly.

Capher tries to change the subject, "Ta'las, you and Terra seem to be a bit more closer today. Anything you two would like to share with an old man?" but Talia interfers without respect.

„Don't change the subject Capher!

Who said you should not say, what you experienced? And who has the power to do such terrible things to you? “
Talia says angered. A bit calmer she adds. „Have you been taken in the dome and seen the „orb“, that, that ..  gap in the fabric of Caelereth? Ot is that really forbidden for anybody except the archmages? You haven‘t been presented to the Orb of Bluestride by any chance? I heard strange things about it, about his weird behaviour, as if he would still be Xarl....“ She looks at Capher, her meal is forgotten.

„No, I don‘t think it is a good idea to part, that would only weaken us. Did you not tell Terra and me, that the dwarves near the vale - what were they called again - did send us to the Zirghurim to ask about the whereabout of the anvil? But as long as you are not healed and have to go back to the academy at night, we can visit the library. Let‘s see, if they allow us in.“

She puts her plate away, half full still.

„I‘m not hungry anymore, let us go and see, if thee is a backdoor into the library which is not guarded by sevenfold magic.  - No, I‘m joking! - We need information about more than the anvil only. Maybe there is somebody in the library who knows some old tomes where the sword is be mentioned.“
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2009, 03:16:09 AM »

„Don't change the subject Capher!" Talia said, then continued.

Who said you should not say, what you experienced? And who has the power to do such terrible things to you? “ Talia says angered. A bit calmer she adds. „Have you been taken in the dome and seen the „orb“, that, that ..  gap in the fabric of Caelereth? Ot is that really forbidden for anybody except the archmages? You haven‘t been presented to the Orb of Bluestride by any chance? I heard strange things about it, about his weird behaviour, as if he would still be Xarl....“ She looks at Capher, her meal is forgotten.

Capher stares at Talia, confused. How does she know so much?

Talia continued speaking, „No, I don‘t think it is a good idea to part, that would only weaken us. Did you not tell Terra and me, that the dwarves near the vale - what were they called again - did send us to the Zirghurim to ask about the whereabout of the anvil? But as long as you are not healed and have to go back to the academy at night, we can visit the library. Let‘s see, if they allow us in.“

"Oh I have no doubt they will let me in. And the library is for everyone's use, at least the public part of it, the other parts Ta'las and Terra would need persmission, so perhaps it would be best if we all go together." He says.

Talia puts her plate away, half full still.

„I‘m not hungry anymore, let us go and see, if thee is a backdoor into the library which is not guarded by sevenfold magic.  - No, I‘m joking! - We need information about more than the anvil only. Maybe there is somebody in the library who knows some old tomes where the sword is be mentioned."

Capher pulls her half eaten plate toward himself and finishes that as well, pats his stomache, belches..."Excuse me,"he says. "Well then to the library, if everyone is finished with their breakfast that is?" Capher asks looking at the others, especially Roosjie and Terra who had not spoken since he sat down.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]

[March 09, 2018, 05:45:59 PM]