Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ximax  (Read 21985 times)
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #120 on: November 10, 2010, 02:09:56 AM »

Capher was rushing headlong toward the inn when suddenly he crashed into something that sent him sprawling into the street, rolling around and tangled up with a someone, not a something, as he had supposed earlier and that someone had a voice that Capher had not heard in quite awhile; "...a rush, if a bit of a tragedy. Not bruised much, are you? Hate to have hurt you; probably sorry to have delayed you. Poor time for me to be about, smashing people up, but I guess it's as good a time as any. And it is a good time, I mean, not for rolling in the street, but just in general. I made it to Ximax alright, I think; well, I think this is Ximax. It certainly isn't Milkengrad or the shire, I would recognize those places I think. Recognizing's safer than guessing, I think; if I had recognized you were going so fast, probably we wouldn't have hit together so. It was fun, though, at least I think it was. Not everyone agrees with me, though, and maybe you don't, but that's alright because I do, and I don't want to make you upset but some people just get upset, and there's not much you can do. Usually, I don't much try then, it doesn't help, and besides..."

Capher rose, dusted himself off and looked down at halfling...by Seyella, it was Ken! What in the gods name was he doing here? "Ken...Ken is that you?" Capher asked. "What in the god's name are you doing here in Ximax?" Capher continued asking questions. Capher then noticed the elf that seemed to be Ken's companion. "Sorry, excuse my manners. My name is Capher and Ken and I are friends from a long time ago," Capher held out his hand in friendship.

Capher then remembered his other friends and quickly said, "I am sorry but you must excuse me. I am late in meeting some friends. Ken, do you remember Talia, and Ta'las and Terra? They are here with me in Ximax. They are the ones whom I am late meeting. I am sorry but I must go," Capher said, giving a short nod to Ken's companion, "It was nice meeting you."

Capher then turned and began to hasten his steps toward the inn hoping that he found all of his friends well...and that the dream or vision he had in his room had not been real, but just a dream...however there was a small nagging thought that kept on growing that told him that it had been no dream and that his friends were in terrible danger!
Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2010, 02:56:01 AM »

To Aueniteri, the whole proceeding was a blur the instant the brownie and the odd creature was visible. She managed to stand, and tried uncertainly to respond at Talia's first request. Finally, as her friend struggles with the creature, she manages to comply with a request, tying its beak. Twice it nearly catches her with its beak, and with a quick motion, she avoids each time the creature's defense, though it costs her precious tension on the rope. When it is finally secured, she holds it down for a moment before stepping back, breathing heavily, though she is smiling, happy at having assisted.

"And what now? We need to take it with us, otherwise it won‘t survive with its broken wing. Maybe we find somebody who can tell us what it is and will care for it, let ask our tavern owner. It looks like a far little dragon baby, don‘t you think?"

Aueniteri nods in agreement, and looks about. "It looks like you'll have to put him on the aj. I'm afraid of trying to carry it the whole way. That was an excellent catch, brownie friend! You must be an expert huntress."

Kenriil
Mini-Hero
Approved Character

Hobbit

« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2010, 01:46:31 AM »

The elf shook Capher's hand, and looked between him and Ken. "You know this runt? And I thought I was alone in my suffering."

Ken's voice lowers to a mumble as he watches Capher recover, grins and comments as he is recognized, and finally hurries after Capher as he hurries away, gesturing disimssively to the elf. "So what happened? I mean, I knew you guys were coming here; are the others here? Ta'las and Talia and Terra and- and... the others? They're going to meet you at an inn!"

The halfling sprang into action, hurrying after Capher. "Going to meet our friends, going to meet our friends..."
Capher
Cleric
Story Mod

Dragon

« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2010, 01:00:41 AM »

Capher gave the elf a knowing look and smile and then after apologizing took off at a dead run toward the inn, Ken following afterward, he must have been short of breath for he did not talk as much as he usually did, but he kept on repeating; "Going to meet our friends, going to meet our friends..."  Capher just hoped he spoke the truth as they reached the entrance to the inn, Capher stopped, to catch his breath and allow Ken to catch up to him. Then they both walked into the inn. Capher checked the common room first and saw no one, but others, who saw him earlier in the morning, hissed at him and called him names and told him he was not welcome. Capher was perplexed. He did not know what to say as he had no idea what they were angry about or what he had done to make them that angry. He wished he could remember what had happened in the morning? Perhaps Talia can tell him.

He rushed up the stairs and to Talia's room. Capher knocked; there was no answer, but through the door Capher could hear the familiar hum of Talia's flute. Capher's eyes narrowed, his brows knit together. Talia's flute only hummed when there was danger. Should he or shouldn't he? Capher quickly made his decision and with just a fraction of his power he unlocked Talia's door, opened the door, and almost had to push Ken in the room, and then closed the door behind them.

Capher followed the hum of the flute and found it wrapped in a cloth inside one of Talia's travel bags. Hesitating for just a moment, Capher took hold of the wrapped flute, put it on the table and slowly unwrapped it. The hum was much louder and seemed more urgent now. His friends are in danger! It has to be. Capher thought, as he slowly grasped the flute.

A gasp escaped his lips as the flutes power flowed through him. It showed him many images, dark caverns, dwarfs; some in captivity by orcs, some not; images of burning villages and humans, elves and other races of Caelereth being tortured, or killed or captured and used as slaves. He saw a dark castle rise from the ground and its shadow cover the land it was upon and beyond. Then finally he saw the inside of a Keep and three of his friends; Ta'las, Terra and Sondirra. Ta'las seemed to be pushing on symbols engraved in the stones, Terra seemed frozen and Sondirra had her book open, but was staring at a tear in her dress. Suddenly as fast as the blinks that the images had appeared, they vanished and Capher put the flute down, its humming had stopped.

Capher stood frozen for a moment then turned to Ken. "Our friends, Ta'las and Terra and one you do not know, Sondirra are in terrible danger. I did not see Talia or Roosjie so I think that they are fine, but still we need to find them, but first we must go to the Library of Ximax and save our friends. Are you with me?" Capher asked, not really expecting a no from Ken as he quickly walked out of the room closing and locking the door behind them and then headed downstairs. Capher knew the Keep where he saw his friends. He also knew that his friends did not have much time left as the air would slowly leave. How much time had elapsed since they were sealed in the Keep? Capher wondered as he opened the inn's front door.
Talas Anthavin
Uderzan Wanderer
Story Mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-Kha'si

« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2010, 12:15:28 PM »

Ta'las pushes on another series of symbols, concentrating on each as he goes and calling out their appearance for Sondirra to write into her book.  A soft blue glow emanates from them as he touches them in the correct order.  "This one, then this, this next, and..."  The Shendar furrows his brow as he looks between two symbols that he is sure were at the point that Eckra was when he escaped from the room.  "But I thought I'd already pushed that one."  He scratches his head, puzzled.  "And I know I've pushed that one," he adds when he looks at the next.  

Ta'las yawns, noticing that he is suddenly very tired, and his body feels like he has been across the Rahaz-Dath and back without any rest.  "It sure would be nice just to sit down for a minute and rest.  What do you think Lady Ter-"  He looks over at Terra, and notices that she is sitting up against the wall, and looks to be sleeping.  "Terra?  Why would you choose a time like this for sleep?  Sondirra?"  She too, does not respond.

The Shendar rushes over to check on his companions and checks their breathing.  Both are still breathing, but with very shallow, ragged breaths.  This cursed room has no source of air!  He nearly panics, but the Shendar knows it will not serve him any good.  His only recourse is to get them out of here.  With renewed resolve, he looks over what Sondirra has written on the paper, and pushes the last three symbols she'd written down.  He is back to the last two symbols - the same two that confused his earlier.  Ta'las shakes his head, furious with himself for making the same mistake.  

He takes a step back from the symbols and peers at them a little less closely.  Just to the left of the lower symbol is what looks like a tiny scratch on the surface of the stone covered by a film of grime.  Ta'las tilts his head and rubs at the grime to reveal a third symbol, hidden very carefully, and he smiles in triumph.  "I knew you were here somewhere," he whispers, and touches the symbol, waiting for the portal to open.

But to his dismay the portal does not open.  Instead, a small opening, only a few inches wide slides sideways to reveal a narrow opening containing a book.  The Shendar grabs the book and looks at it, but cannot read anything on its cover.  "Maybe if I could read, I could do something with this.  Perhaps cast a spell to get out of here."  The Shendar stuffs the book into his pack and looks over at Terra and Sondirra.  He can feel the air growing more stale, and exhaustion begin to settle in - he is not sure how much longer he can remain conscious.

The Shendar falls to one knee, and enters into a trance.  The room is difficult to gauge, but from somewhere in here, the Shendar senses a point of energy that he can use to see Second Reality.  When he opens his eyes, he is once again in a vast desert - it is nighttime however, and above him the stars shine in the sky.  His mother-sister stands before him, looking sad.  "Ta'las, will you never tire of looking for the answer that lies right before your eyes?"

"Perhaps.  Perhaps not.  I have definitely tired of your badly timed sense-of-humour."  That draws a little smile from his mother-sister.  "Had I learned to read, we might not be in this mess.  I just can't believe how easily we were fooled getting into it.  I fear I do not know my friends as well as I thought I did."

His mother-sister arches her eyebrow.  "A revelation, young Ta'las?"

He briefly laughs and shakes his head.  "Nothing more than truth.  I can never truly know my friends, even Lady Terra.  There will always be secrets and thoughts we will hold on to dearly, no matter how well we know one another."

"Perhaps.  You are fortunate to have her, you know," his mother-sister says, and nods to where Terra is sitting against the wall.

"How?"  The desert scene fades, and along with it, his mother-sister.  He is "back in" the closed room again.  Ta'las manages to stand, and returns to the symbols, but his vision is beginning to blur.  He tries pushing the symbols in order, but before he pushes the third one, the symbols turn red, indicating that he has pushed them in the incorrect order.  He shakes his head as he slips to the floor, struggling just to maintain consciousness.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 12:16:19 PM by Talas Anthavin » Logged

Aueniteri
Crusader
Approved Character

Half-elf, Quaelhoirhim / Eyelian

« Reply #125 on: December 21, 2010, 07:34:33 AM »

"Is that him?" Aueniteri motions toward a man leaving an inn at a hurry, and Talia catches her gaze, looking to Capher and the halfling. "Capher!", she calls after him, but her voice is lost in the busy sounds of the streets. Aueniteri tries the same call, but with the same effect, and Ta'lia tries with a little more effort, "Ken! Kenriil!"

The two have heard nothing, and Ta'lia leads the trio into the tavern, the strange creature hidden in 'Teri's pack for the moment, a blanket drawn over its head. For now, it was quiet, though terribly heavy, Ta'lia and 'Teri sharing the weight between them. "Do you have a room?", Aueniteri asked hopefully, and they began the trek up the stairs.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:11:14 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:10:53 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]