Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scriabin's Manor of Music  (Read 1913 times)
Alexandre Scriabin
Music Adept
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian/ Rhulran

« on: October 17, 2009, 02:59:06 AM »

Schematics of the Manor:

Overview:

It is a single story dwelling, with a plain, unassuming, hue of Tan Brown. Altogether, however, the property is anything but unassuming, rather more easily characterized as eclectic, humorous, and summarily puzzling.

Location of the building:

It is situated at about 350 paces from the Nashruli Oasis (between the Sveltash Desert and the Desert of Ysthalinth), that provides for the Rhulran people in West Aeruillin. Most other folks live a little further way from the oasis, to keep away any flooding (also out of superstitious fear of the Nashrul Banshee), but Scriabin's father decided to concoct an irrigation system, so that he might have a bit of a more inspiring view. However, it was done in the most economic way possible, as the Rhulrans are likely to worried at too much irrigation.

The town of Rhual has no greater organization or neighborhood system, so you just have to know off the top of your head where everyone lives. But, for clarity, the manor rests close to the eastern bank of the Oasis, so it would be good to think north, however much your brain is itching south at the moment.

If someone happens upon the area, than there is no problem with paying a visit. However, a proper story and some interesting or inspirational anecdotes would go a long way to making one a sought after friend of the owner. You do want to be friendly, don't you?

Outdoors:

General Immediate surroundings

Scriabin's dear Rhulran village is basically wide open landscape; Clustered with homes, but bereft of any manner of walkway, road, gateway, or other useless article, as the native people simply enjoy the sand between their toes, and the clear horizons.

The entrance of the home, which faces due south towards the oasis, is decorated with cobbled stones held fast together by mortar, and adorning the walkway is a startling variety of exotic desert plants and lush valley grass that was obviously difficult to grow in such a climate.

There is no gate, and the walkway just seems to stretch out and disappear into the sand eventually. Nearby people often think of it as an entertaining antiquity.

All manner of musically derived statues (and when Scriabin finishes another work he places it outside rather soon thereafter) can be seen scattered about the main walkway. The home is surrounded by the same inviting grasses as the walkway, which have been grown much indebted to his irrigation system for their nutrition.

Atypical of Rhulran homes, it is a single story dwelling, and it is rather spacious, considering the roof is plenty high for any typical race or creed not to have any qualms with their heads and the ceiling, and there are several rooms that have been made as extensions of the original.

It is made up of dome like shapes that are also atypical of the native people, and there are absolutely no windows, so you might even say the thing looks like an entirely indoor circus! Rather than default to the customary use of clay in building the home, it has been made of a light cloth. As it is in the overview the home it is all in the hue of Tan Brown.

Garden

The plant based inhabitants of the walkway certainly seem to make up a garden, so it warrants further description: It is nearly half the size of the building itself, and it is coated in statues of a variety of musical instruments, notation engraved into stones as if they were runes, and all manner of exotic desert plants.

There are cacti, brown, green, and red grasses, spotted spiny plants, bushes dotted with gorgeous two tone flowers, and a plethora of other different shrubberies, short trees, iaxa (oineapple) and dashefruit blooms and taller citrus bearing trees.

Indoors:

Rooms

There are 9 rooms in all, with 8 of of them connected to the largest central hut. None of the outermost rooms connect to one another, but they all have easily accessible doors to the main hut. As previously stated, there are no windows in the home. It is chiefly candlelit, but also plenty of light shines through the fairly light cloth that the home is constructed of. However, the front outer room has an a plain opening in it's cloth as an entrance, after you stroll to it by way of the cobblestone walkway.

Furniture

Each outermost hut has six sizable circular chairs with a small footstool designated to each. In the outer room directly to the right of the center of the main room, you can find a counter in which guests can eat together. Also, much of the room is used for storage of food supplies, cooking utensils, silverware, plates, all of the goblets, tankards, and pints, and anything else that was deemed necessary for the kitchen of sorts.

Every other room, aside from the one straight ahead from the main room as you enter, has been filled with beds, and storage for any guests, or workers staying at his abode at the time. In the aforementioned upper room, is the master bedroom, where Scriabin's mother and father used to room together. He rarely sleeps there, unless he has a full house; Furthermore, this is because he doesn't find it appropriate to annex the room, out of respect for his deceased parents.

Special Items

In the main room is a miasma of musical instruments: some have keyboards, others are strung instruments similar to lutes, a few are operated chiefly as percussion instrument, and all of the others, such as woodwinds, rely on the air of the player to blow into them, thus producing sound.

Also, it is often noted that there is plenty of alcohol and tobacco in the dining hut, which is solely purchased using Scriabin's teaching pay.

NPCs:

Residents of the village often stay at his home and help him manage the place. They are paid rather well compared to most other professions in the area, but no worker has come in as a permanent helper, as they would prefer to return home, for fear of the Nashrul Banshee.

Aside from common workers, Rhual is a hub for bards, musicians, and composers. They find their way to his home rather often, and oftentimes they seek lessons from the owner of the house. Those individuals who know about Scriabin more often than not prefer his teachings to the prestigious Hall of Arts. He works on a much more personal level, and he encourages pupils very well to meet his rigorous practice requirements.

Links:

Scriabin's CD: http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php?topic=6948.0

Scriabin's Tribe(s):

Erphoronian Men - http://santharia.com/tribes/humans/erpheronians.htm

Rhulran Men - http://santharia.com/tribes/humans/rhulrans.htm

You can contact me by PM if you wish. I don't think it will be necessary to give out my email address.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 03:09:23 PM by Kalína Mërénwèn » Logged

The statement below this is false.
The statement above this is true.

Alexandre Scriabin CD
Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 03:59:40 AM »

I'd say go for it!  Thumb up

Seeking the truth, whatever the cost! - Deklitch Hardin, Elf Friend
Alexandre Scriabin
Music Adept
Approved Character

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 01:33:21 PM »

Oh goody! I'll just study the buildings of his tribe for a few days, and lets say we make an Erphoronian hybrid? Hopefully it makes some measure of sense, and at least I know exactly how to detail the instruments he owns.

I'll be starting on it either tomorrow or the day after that. After that, it's tea time folks :P

Alexandre Scriabin CD
Ohénmár Celeste
Fair-Haired Wanderer
Approved Character

Half-Elf, Ylfferhim/ Eyelian

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 12:50:11 PM »

Don't worry, I do that too sometimes. First of all, shouldn't the symbol be Char. Statis 2, ready for comments? I also wondered why you said:

it would be good to think east, however much your brain is itching west at the moment.

Why are we itching west?

~Understanding the world is understanding yourself~
                      •º•Ohénmár Celeste•º•
Alexandre Scriabin
Music Adept
Approved Character

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 02:19:53 PM »

Just some dry humor ;) I'm sorry though, I thought it was already set at "ready for comments". Do you want me to remove the brain itching stint?

Alexandre Scriabin CD
Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 02:25:12 PM »

Sorry Alexandre,

I've been meaning to get to this for you.

Bad storm coming here at the moment, so it can't be now.

But I'll try to get to it tomorrow, unless one of the other two mods get to it first.

I haven't forgotten it.

Dek

Alexandre Scriabin
Music Adept
Approved Character

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 02:30:07 PM »

No worries. I'm sorry for the nasty weather, my friend. And, of course, the instant I let myself get irritated at anything, I just won't be me anymore (so try not to be alarmed if a transmogrification occurs, because you've been appropriately forwarned :D )

Alexandre Scriabin CD
Foraste Lydan
Traveling Compendiumist
Story Mod

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 09:44:01 AM »

A very good house Alexandre. No major things to comment on. The outdoors and indoors sections may need to be a bit more detailed(i.e. where everything is in context to each other). Apart from that your house is fantastic. I look forward to seeing it completed.

If you won't take my money, how about a write up?

Foraste Lydan
Alexandre Scriabin
Music Adept
Approved Character

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 05:22:42 AM »

I appreciate the compliments, and I'll definitely go for more detail in the areas you outlined. But I've drawn a bit of a blank, though. What details seem to be missing?

Edit: Do you know of anywhere where I might ask Jenna or anyone else if they would like to draw up a picture of the place? Visual art isn't exactly my forte, and it seemed like the best way to give a clear vision of the place.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 05:32:19 AM by Alexandre Scriabin » Logged

Alexandre Scriabin CD
Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2009, 05:52:13 AM »

Here is an attempt I did for you Alexandre.

It is how I picture it anyway :D
I'm sure others can do a better job than that for you :)

* Manor of Music.jpg (12.21 KB, 300x400 - viewed 158 times.)

Alexandre Scriabin
Music Adept
Approved Character

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2009, 07:01:44 AM »

That will do just fine. Thx.

Alexandre Scriabin CD
Alexandre Scriabin
Music Adept
Approved Character

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 12:38:19 PM »

I believe it is adequate now (rather I hope it is), so it's open for discussion once again.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 02:38:34 AM by Alexandre Scriabin » Logged

Alexandre Scriabin CD
Foraste Lydan
Traveling Compendiumist
Story Mod

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 11:17:11 AM »

The changes are more than adequate, I can see no more flaws in the house so I will give it a first approval. Dek, do you have anything else to add?

If you won't take my money, how about a write up?

Foraste Lydan
Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 11:20:40 AM »

I was happy with the changes as well ... I was just waiting for you to run your eyes over it before I gave it my approval ... here's my 2nd approval!

Just take out any unneeded colours, Alexandre, and the administrators will set it up for you.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:22:06 AM by Deklitch Hardin » Logged

Alexandre Scriabin
Music Adept
Approved Character

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 05:42:37 AM »

Sorry about the delay. I haven't used the internet in two days, with so much to do back home. Of course I'd be happy to remove the colors for you.

Alexandre Scriabin CD
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:11:14 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:10:53 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]