Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Spitball Room (AKA OOC)  (Read 50906 times)
Drea
Dangerous Doxy
Story Mod

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 05:15:47 PM »

That will be on a case by case basis.  Being new and not much experience here, I would want you to participate in other threads before attempting your own embassy.  That does not mean, however, that you can't create some NPCs and your own storyline within an embassy, with the permissions and input from the embassy creator.

And thank you for the compliments.  My reason for coming to this site was to write a novel too... but I loved this place so much, I got stuck here.  Perhaps this will be my novel. :)

Drea's CD

Honour is within you, and cannot be taken away by others.  Neither highborn Knights with hollow souls, or gossiping harpies can break your spirit unless you let them.- Drea
Ylva Rasmussan
Oddball Healer
Story Mod

Human, Murmillion.

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 06:42:27 PM »

Arw, thank you Drea for this great idea and opportunity!

Soon I'll put up the Nermeran Embassy thread. I'll be writing from NPC perspectives in this storyline, but that does not mean that players can't use NPCs or create their own.

If people want to join the Nermeran Embassy thread, just give me a shout out here on spitball or PM me, and we can discuss how your character can get involved.

I've got basic main storyline planned but it's very flexible, players can talk in the spitball room about their own ideas, and can weave their own personal storylines into the thread.

P.s. Ylaya- If you feel like it, the Nermeran Embassy is currently in need of spies aka - ‘Information and Diplomacy Envoys’.  :)

Dax Darksteel
New Santharian

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 08:04:10 PM »

*claps after having finished reading Ylva's story* poor Ozzy

Uhm but one thing i was wondering tough, was Ozzy pushed or did he accidently fell in the water? I am assuming he was pushed but it doesn't say....
Drea
Dangerous Doxy
Story Mod

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2010, 01:07:39 AM »

Very very nice, Ylva. :D

That was a great idea posting positions needed in your cast thread.  I may copy that idea.

EDIT: Ok, I did steal that idea  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 01:17:26 AM by Drea » Logged

Drea's CD

Honour is within you, and cannot be taken away by others.  Neither highborn Knights with hollow souls, or gossiping harpies can break your spirit unless you let them.- Drea
Minóki Kíuru
Frostflower
Approved Character

Human, Himiko

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 05:01:45 PM »

Hmmm, as a new servant, I have a question... how does this tavern look like?

And what about the time? The first post was in the morning, now it is evening or late in the night? Or is it already morning again?  

Edit: I was a bit confused, because I thought first, that Drea's nightly visit is described, which was " late night, if not closer to morning". But it is already the next evening, or when?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 05:06:12 PM by Minóki Kíuru » Logged

Drea
Dangerous Doxy
Story Mod

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 05:09:35 PM »

Minoki, sorry if I was not clear.  With this format, it is harder to explain the exact time of day, because my embassy might be moving along faster or slower that the Nermeran embassy, so creating a set Time/Date thread won't work. 

Currently, it is late at night, somewhere around 2 AM.

Drea's CD

Ylva Rasmussan
Oddball Healer
Story Mod

Human, Murmillion.

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 05:19:05 PM »

You can be as creative as you like when it comes to the Courtyard, make it your own! You can use all the NPCs working there, as for time. Since Drea Corfuyne has left the tavern, you can start it off from any time you like. Your character has such a wonderful history, it'd be great if you put some of your history into the tavern, like when you explain how you got to be recently hired there. It'd really give the place even more heart.

As Drea says its a new format, you can base your posts at any time you like. As long as it fits smoothly with current events, but this isn't difficult, just read all the current posts and you'll get a feel for it! You don't need to be exact, for example two men have died - one an important ambassador, one a normal bloke. The tavern's probably full of people blabbering away about the new Young Fruwee being the new ambassador, about how Oz the drunk slipped into the water. About how Aeris is scared of Lady Fruwee's cat. Just go for it. Post back here if you have any more inquiries! :)

Its a new style, you can even create new NPCs if you like, create new storylines, create new gossip and intrigue! It's politics and diplomacy, murder and plots, spies and serving girls. : )
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 05:37:52 PM by Ylva Rasmussan » Logged
Darién
New Santharian

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2010, 05:09:13 AM »

I foresee a problem in this storytelling.
Not one that can't be solved nevertheless...

As all threads have different times it might be difficult for new readers to.... know what has happenned in which order....

Drea has been in the tavern now, it's her second post there....

But a new player who just joined might think Drea started there and read it in the wrong sequence...

For example the new player in the tavern thread might not be aware on the development of bigger events that happened so far in the other thread...

Perhaps each player should 'number' his/her posts so that you don't lose track if they continue to skip threads...

Perhaps a date or the day of the current time once a while might also be helpful.

But you understand me? Otherwise it's going to get all chaotic like in the DM games and loses the story it's appeal...
think about it!  grin
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 05:31:43 AM by Darién » Logged
Drea
Dangerous Doxy
Story Mod

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2010, 06:05:11 AM »

Will definitely think about it. :)  Thank you, Darien.

Drea's CD

Drea
Dangerous Doxy
Story Mod

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2010, 01:14:18 PM »

“You speak posh but you know the tune to Rover Nan? What sort of noble are ya?”

“One that isn’t really that noble. I’m a bastard.”

“You’re not really that much of a bastard. More just reserved.“

Classic!  Thumb up

Drea's CD

Ylva Rasmussan
Oddball Healer
Story Mod

Human, Murmillion.

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2010, 03:19:12 PM »

Thanks, your latest post was wonderful, I rather feel sorry for Aeris now! I've now posted the intro to the Maskerade Ball, and am now awaiting for Kembar Fruwee to steal the show!

Anyone can post that they are at the Maskerade Ball, feel free to turn up.  :D
Drea
Dangerous Doxy
Story Mod

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2010, 03:32:59 PM »

Aeris, hehe, he is my kicking ball.

One question; you state the time for the ball as the 17th hour, which would be 11 PM.  Santh days start at 6 AM (dawn).  Is this how late you wanted the ball?

EDIT:  Good thing we decided to have Timestamps, because I reserve the right to post in my embassy some more lead up to the ball even as we RP the ball in the Nermeran thread. :D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 04:11:36 PM by Drea » Logged

Drea's CD

Ylaya
Temptress
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2010, 05:25:09 AM »

Arw, thank you Drea for this great idea and opportunity!

Soon I'll put up the Nermeran Embassy thread. I'll be writing from NPC perspectives in this storyline, but that does not mean that players can't use NPCs or create their own.

If people want to join the Nermeran Embassy thread, just give me a shout out here on spitball or PM me, and we can discuss how your character can get involved.

I've got basic main storyline planned but it's very flexible, players can talk in the spitball room about their own ideas, and can weave their own personal storylines into the thread.

P.s. Ylaya- If you feel like it, the Nermeran Embassy is currently in need of spies aka - ‘Information and Diplomacy Envoys’.  :)

Yeah I was thinking of paying a visit on the advice of someone I will soon hold a dagger 2. Perhaps a deal can be made...we will see. Fancy some convsersations in the shadows  LOL. All that I know is that I want a fight with Drea and that is going to happen somewhere in the future.  evil

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 07:02:43 PM »

Ok! My post is finally finished I think! :D

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Drea
Dangerous Doxy
Story Mod

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2010, 11:54:15 PM »

Ylva and Ylaya (I just know I'm gonna screw those two names up at some point) please forgive me, but I edited your Timestamps in the Courtyard Tavern thread.  You were following my lead, and of course, I had screwed it up.  Which is why I posted the time conversions.  I knew I would screw it up. :P  Sorry for that.

Drea's CD

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]