Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shati Up- Healer/Herbalist (Maeverhim)  (Read 5595 times)
Sekros Degrivok
Fearmonger
Approved Character

Orc, Chyrakisth

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 10:32:37 AM »

If you are planning on finishing this character I would listen to Valan, and follow his corrections. He knows his stuff. graph

Edit: Especially the part about eating...it's important. no food = buck

P.S. I have only been playing this game for a few days but I believe I have become pretty knowledgable don't be afraid to pm me for help.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 10:48:31 AM by Sekros Degrivok » Logged

Shatí Úp
Pacifistic Healer
Approved Character

Elf, Maeverhim

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 10:13:56 AM »

Finaly! Well, that took longer than expected, I again got swamped in work and I curse my stupid mouth for cursibng me.  However, I now have an extremely large gap of freetime to focus my interests on Santharia.  (Well, alright, I'll be honest I was a little lazy as well)

Everything is a matter of perspective.  One man's gaurdian angel is another's devil.- Shati Up
Shatí Úp
Pacifistic Healer
Approved Character

Elf, Maeverhim

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 11:00:09 AM »

I'm going to open this up to comments again.  Please note that the history is NOT finished.  I'm just trying to confirm that this is better than my earliier draft which wasn't very good at all. Also I must disagree with you Valan, for if silk is that bad of a travel garment than where would China be?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 11:12:25 AM by Shatí Úp » Logged

Everything is a matter of perspective.  One man's gaurdian angel is another's devil.- Shati Up
Valan Nonesuch
Collector of Lore
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 12:29:47 PM »

Go out and do some research. Silk is traditionally used for evening wear and other garments not meant to be exposed to sunlight for extended periods of time. It was a luxury commodity for the longest time because of the distance it had to travel and the relative monopoly that was held on it. The silkworms the Chinese used are about as picky as koalas when it comes to their food source  and they eat voraciously if I remember correctly.

Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men!
Valan Nonesuch
Malexia Vendu
Tainted Flame
CD Mod

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 08:20:38 PM »

Shati, the mods will discuss this silk issue in private. We have some disagreement here. Stand by. So far, the CD is coming along nicely.  ;)

Shatí Úp
Pacifistic Healer
Approved Character

Elf, Maeverhim

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 09:46:16 AM »

I didn't expect to be working on that for so long.  Once again a combination of laziness (mainly laziness) and uncontrollable events delayed me.  I am know finished and ready for comments!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 12:42:04 AM by Shatí Úp » Logged

Alexandre Scriabin
Music Adept
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian/ Rhulran

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2010, 11:26:01 AM »

I will be commenting in green. It's been a little while since I've done a uri check  ;)

Name: Shatí’úp (Winged Wolf)

Race: Elf

Tribe: Maeverhim

Occupation: Traveling healer out to see the world, also co-owns a herb shop in Barvados.

Title: Pacifistic Healer

Height: 2 peds, 1 fore (7 Feet, 7 Inches)

Weight: 1 pygge, 9 hebs, 1 hafeb, 4 ods, 6 mut (220 lb.) We don't go by Terran/Earth measurements, so they won't be necessary. There is no comparison between Caelereth and Earth here.

Appearance:  Standing 2 peds and 1 fore Shatí is tall even for one of the Maeverhim.  If you were to look at him you would see no distinguishing features from any other Maeverhim elf.  He has the green eyes, black hair, and long black claw like fingernails that the Maeverhim are noted for.  In fact his eyes even look dull compared to others.  Close-up however, you can see the hint of a long silvery scar that runs from one side of his neck to the other.

Clothing:  Shatí tends to wear light leather sandals and silk garments that don’t impede him on the road.  His clothes tend to be white, tan, or dark brown shirts and pants that tend to be imbued with green vines.

Personality:  Shatí abhors violence, seeing it as foolish and destructive, and those who use it frivolously little better than animals. Shatí will tolerate it but will not help or even associate with those who use it needlessly or on a massive scale. Shatí is constantly asking questions due to his curios nature and will never turn down a good story.  Shatí is constantly on the move and can’t stand to stay in one place more than a few days.  Shatí spends most of his time in forests collecting herbs but when he does enter cities he is very charitable and lends out his services as a healer for next to nothing to those who truly need them. Shatí does not follow any single religion instead putting his faith into the beauty of the world and the kindness of others.  However, due to his heritage Shatí leans more towards Grothar than any other god. If I might make a polite request, try to stay away from starting so many sentences in a row with his name. It breaks up the flow, making the read more awkward than it needs to be.

Strengths:

-Friends of the Healer: Shati is a healer of considerable talent, and is almost always willing to help for the lowest price possible.  Because of this he has made a large amount of friends and allies which he can turn to when he is in a tough spot. Is it always a good thing to work so cheap? This may be a weakness as well as a strength.

-Healing Knowledge: Shati has a very complex understanding of medicinal herbs and their uses that can be very helpful when medical supplies are low.  He can also use his skill in herbs to create many soothing tonics and potions that can heal or knock out a sick patient. To avoid violence he may slip something into the drink of those who are to rowdy or belligerent. As for this last sentence, does he find it ethical to do so? This makes him seem like less strict of a pacifist.

-Languages: Shatí has picked up Tharian and can speak it fluently but with an accent.  He can also read it haltingly but has difficulty writing it. This is also in addition to his native tounge of styrásh.

Co-owning an herb shop should, by all means, be considered amongst your character's strengths. It is quite a help towards one's finances to own a shop, wouldn't you agree?

Weaknesses:

-Pacifist: Shatí is a pacifist and refuses to engage in any sort of violence except hunting, and even then with reluctance.  He also refuses to speak to those who needlessly indulge in violence or who kill others for any other reason than self defense.

-Blind: Shatí is completely blind and tends to be pitied at best or discriminated at worst because of this fact.  This also hinders him greatly when he is in highly populated or unfamiliar areas like cities where the motion of things is spontaneous and chaotic.

-Demons of the Past: Shatí refuses to talk about his past.  If asked about he will avoid the question to the point of foolishness.  If anything reminds him about the home he left behind he will take on a sad look and lock hiself up for days at a time.

Wonderful balance here, and you kept it relatively simple, which was good thinking on your part.

History:  Shatí’úp arrived in the Dream on the 31st day of Exhón’almár in the year 1,613 a.S..  He would never meet his mother, the wind magi Baianén'alýr, except in dreams and fantasies, as she died shortly after giving birth to him.  His father, Aelién’avásh, was doomed never to know about his wife’s death or his son’s birth due to his mysterious departure to Barvados half a year earlier.  Instead Shatí would be raised by his brother Feníl until he could take care of himself.
Shatí was adventurous from a young age even with his blindness to inhibit him.  However, being unable to pull off the “tree-hopping” required to thoroughly explore the forest Shatí instead spent the majority of his younger years questioning his brother and learning how to read and write as well as the arts of healing from his grandmother.  
As soon as Shatí was able he began to thoroughly explore Sharadon Forest, sometimes disappearing for hours at a time and driving his brother mad with worry.  Soon his questions turned from innocent questions about the forest to questions about the world beyond it.  Finally his brother pulled Shatí aside saying that to touch the ground was to become EarthBurned like their father and that it was a fate he would not wish on anybody much less a blind man.  Shatí was temporarily deterred but as his twenty-seventh birthday arrived Shatí once again found himself wondering about the world outside of Sharadon Forest.
Finally, unable to quench his curiosity any longer he descended in the darkness of night to walk upon the forest floor.  It was one of the most magnificent moments in his life.  Feeling the soft crunch of leaves beneath his naked feet he ran for hours through the forest until the sun began to touch the sky.  Finally, exhausted, he returned to his bed only to be awoken an hour later by his brother.  Seeing Shatí’s muddy feet his brother asked quietly what he had done.  Shatí could not think of what to say so his brother beat him to it saying the words that still haunt Shatí today, “If it was anyone else dear brother, I would let the Rónn  know, but to do that would be the same as killing my own brother.  Choose now then, whether you value the land outside this forest more than your homeland and your brother’s love.”  But his brother already knew the answer in his heart and as Shatí confirmed it he said, “You are already dead to me, yet I hope you somehow find the answers and happiness you sought but could not find here.”  So it was that Shatí set out from his old life to create a new one.
Shatí arrived at Barvados a few days later tagging along with an herbalist named Rorrick Dalfen.  Rorrick was returning from a trip to visit his sister in Marcogg when he found Shatí wandering around the Narfost Plain.  The two quickly became inseparable friends and Rorrick soon offered Shatí a job as his assistant.  Shatí agreed and was soon inducted into Rorrick’s apprenticeship.  
For the next fifteen years Shatí ran Rorrick’s shop more and more as his friend finally began to retire.
Finally, on the 31st day of Efér’ypheró, Rorrick Dalfen passed away in his sleep.  At the funeral Shatí met Rorrick’s sister Sanya for the first time and ended up giving a job as an assistant at Rorrick’s shop to her daughter Saura.  Saura turned out to be quite a handful and an excellent worker.  Thanks to Saura’s help the shop slowly gained a reputation over the next twenty years and soon they were getting requests from as far away as Chrondra.  Shatí began to take over the financial aspects of the shop as Saura dealt with the customers.
However, much to Shatí’s surprise on Leith.  Shatí was overjoyed to hear about his assistant’s good fortune.  For the first time since its creation the herb shop was closed as Shatí attended Saura’s wedding in Marcogg.  Soon after the wedding was finished Shatí announced he was officially recognizing Saura as a co-owner of his shop whilst he took a long needed vacation. Under these conditions Shatí set out to where he is today.

Good history: both detailed and concise. Thanks for the read.  Thumb up

Possessions:
-A belt holding several pouches containing medicinal herbs.
-A weeks worth of trail rations.
-A leather satchel containing several pairs of clothes, a weather worn blanket, and flint and tinder.
-A pouch containing a dozen san, four hak, and two silverbard. grin

In conclusion, I think you are well on your way to an approval. I will poke around to see if I can get someone who can approve you to take a look.  Thumb up
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 11:33:00 AM by Alexandre Scriabin » Logged

The statement below this is false.
The statement above this is true.

Alexandre Scriabin CD
Shatí Úp
Pacifistic Healer
Approved Character

Elf, Maeverhim

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 04:53:38 AM »

Thank you for the hepful comments Alexandre.  I put the Terran/Earth measures for sef reference but I wil remove them anyways. I am ready for more comments now!

Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 05:09:37 AM »

Hi there again ... very close to approvals here ...

I've just got a few small items for you ... most just cosmetic ones ...

1) In your history section, would you be able to include an additional space in between your paragraphs?

2) Strengths ... there seem to be some small spelling mistakes in here, I'm using red to indicate things that probably should be changed.
Herb Shop: Shatí is a co-owner of a well renowned herb shop, and because of this he has a steady flow of income upon which he can rely.  It also allows him to avoid unfavorable people who dislike locals in the area surrounding Barvados.

-Healing Knowledge: Shatí has a very complex understanding of medicinal herbs and their uses that can be very helpful when medical supplies are low.  He can also use his skill in herbs to create many soothing tonics and potions that can heal or knock out a sick patient.  To avoid violence he may slip something into the drink of those who are too rowdy or belligerent but does not normally do so unless circumstances require it.

That is it from me. Conditional on you attending to those items, I'll give you a first approval!

Edit: As the above are small corrections, no need to colour them. :D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 05:12:21 AM by Deklitch Hardin » Logged

Seeking the truth, whatever the cost! - Deklitch Hardin, Elf Friend
Alexandre Scriabin
Music Adept
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian/ Rhulran

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 05:33:10 AM »

I'm glad to see you got an approval.

The statement below this is false.
The statement above this is true.

Alexandre Scriabin CD
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2010, 09:41:10 AM »

Alrighty! You have your Second Approval from me.

Titled and Archived! :D

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[November 10, 2020, 12:24:32 PM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]