Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Avásh'ám'Térqu'ypheró/Maeverhim/Cultivator-Mage  (Read 14056 times)
Malexia Vendu
Tainted Flame
CD Mod

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2010, 07:11:53 AM »

Dek and Valan are exactly correct. I really do not have much more to add to what they commented already.

For growth and cultivation, water magic is the best school to study. Wind magic properties are mostly movement, quickness, thought and intelligence. Water allows growth and nourishment.

All elven tribes have magic schools within their homelands. You can study magic in the forests by simply saying that you learned magic from whatever local magic academy is there. Currently, the elven magic academies/schools are not developed so you can't go into real detail there. But it is generally agreed that they train their own magi as elves rarely attend Ximax. But, as Dek said, with the lack of real elven academy detail, we have to use Ximax as a general rule.

Also, elves take to magic very naturally. To say you are clumsy and difficult to teach magic to is not characteristic of elves. All elves have a natural gift for learning magic and though it still takes many years to master, elves and magic are very compatible and easily integrated. So do not think that you learning magic is "hard". Neither is it easy, and not all elves become arch-magi, but a level 1 mage knows many basic techniques of Sphere I and can cast a variety of spells other than summon wind. Many of your spells will be temporary and not very powerful, but you can easily summon a strong breeze, befuddle someone's mind, or make yourself move very quickly. It's all how you apply the techniques, not the spells themselves.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 10:03:57 AM by Malexia Vendu » Logged

Avásh ám Térqu'ypheró
The Grey King's Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Maeverhim

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 09:21:05 AM »

Oh no! I didn't mean to cause trouble! I'm so sorry! Well I understand... so I can modify what Avásh can do,  besides slight breezes? And I think that I was trying to say that I was clumsy with objects... like sharp objects tend to be stuck in various body parts of the people around him and are oft worn on his person...

Sombody once told me to meet them by Wotésoaltewékotil. Little did I know at the time that Wotésoaltewékotil was the place were the dead meet their family. I'll see you soon, I promise you.

Avásh
Valan Nonesuch
Collector of Lore
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 11:26:21 AM »

She quickly gathered the other elves from the Sharadon Forest and sent him to her house to recover; as for the parents, when Avásh was able to walk again, they gave them a proper funeral; the Maeverhim way. From that day on, Avásh has lived for the most part by himself, with the shop-keep and school taking care of him. The shop-keep, Váras, has now become something of a mother figure to Avásh.
Your sentence here is a little unclear as to who you're talking about since you switch from "Avash and his parents" to "She" and "him". I was honestly a bit confused.
I also wonder what you are intending to do with this character once approved. You are not (as of yet) an Earthburned Maerverhim so outside of a home thread you create, this character can't go anywhere. If you intend to make the character Earthburned, you may as well get it over with in the history.

Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men!
Valan Nonesuch
Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 01:05:20 PM »

Avásh,

As it looks like you've got some more work to do, I've changed your icon to the pencil. If you need any assistance, please ask us. Although the entry on the race says they mostly use wind magic, if another element suits your character better, feel free to use that one.

Just so you know ... magic characters are normally difficult to get right.

Dek

Seeking the truth, whatever the cost! - Deklitch Hardin, Elf Friend
Avásh ám Térqu'ypheró
The Grey King's Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Maeverhim

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2010, 02:26:07 PM »

I'm wondering if there is any way to have my character function without becoming Earthburned. Is that at all possible, or no, because I would be almost useless due to my inability to function outside of raised trees and platforms?

Sombody once told me to meet them by Wotésoaltewékotil. Little did I know at the time that Wotésoaltewékotil was the place were the dead meet their family. I'll see you soon, I promise you.

Avásh
Avásh ám Térqu'ypheró
The Grey King's Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Maeverhim

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2010, 02:37:48 PM »

If one is somehow pushed, all the way down to the bottom, is that exemption from being exiled? I heard that if you were born on the Earth, they'd give you passage because it was not truly your fault... I don't know...

Avásh
Shatí Úp
Pacifistic Healer
Approved Character

Elf, Maeverhim

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2010, 02:55:57 PM »

I beleive it is possible that they might excuse those born on the ground.  However, if they were ever to touch the ground again after they had reastablished themselves with the Maeverhim elves, then they would be considered EarthBurned.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 02:57:35 PM by Shatí Úp » Logged

Everything is a matter of perspective.  One man's gaurdian angel is another's devil.- Shati Up
Avásh ám Térqu'ypheró
The Grey King's Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Maeverhim

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2010, 04:22:54 PM »

What if they were to say there because they thought they were exiled? Like Avásh fell, thought he was exiled and so left immediately, as to spare himself the shame?

Avásh
Shatí Úp
Pacifistic Healer
Approved Character

Elf, Maeverhim

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2010, 04:31:13 PM »

If Avásh fell by accident I don't beleive he would be exiled.  He might be riduculed for a while but that's about it.  I beleive Avásh, being a Maeverhim elf, would probably know this to be the case.

Everything is a matter of perspective.  One man's gaurdian angel is another's devil.- Shati Up
Avásh ám Térqu'ypheró
The Grey King's Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Maeverhim

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2010, 10:47:25 PM »

True true.... hmm... I wonder if that was one of the things  he forgot? That would definitely make it more interesting...

Avásh
Shatí Úp
Pacifistic Healer
Approved Character

Elf, Maeverhim

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2010, 02:01:53 AM »

There is one case I could think of where Avásh might accidentily be EarthBurned.  If he lost his memory and the awareness of what being EarthBurned means but the other Maeverhim elves didn't know this.  Even if he regained his memories many of his fellow elves would pobably ridicule and shun him to the point of forcing him out of the vilage.

Cár'scál Sae'llán
Windblade
Approved Character

Elf, Ylfferhim

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2010, 04:17:32 AM »

A small word of advice from me Avásh'ám. The violet that you are using to color your changes is extremely hard to read. Might I suggest using a different color? Perhaps a light blue or plum coloration might work better, and make the work of the mods a little easier.

I'd also like to suggest breaking up your history into paragraphs. With the way it is right now your CD is very messy, and kind of hard to read. Also I'll ask my brother to help you out with your magical section so that way you can get some sort of approval from another mage character. Hope that helps, and I'll be seeing you IC very soon. Keep up the hard work.

:Cár'scál Sae'llán:

Zeiél só Avásh, Sae'llán
:Cór'raín fá Yln'fain'tir:
:Cár'scál Sae'llán:
:Quarón Ecuá:
Avásh ám Térqu'ypheró
The Grey King's Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Maeverhim

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2010, 06:12:08 AM »

Who's your brother?

Avásh
Avásh ám Térqu'ypheró
The Grey King's Mage
Approved Character

Elf, Maeverhim

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2010, 06:22:10 AM »

and should I make it all one easy-to-read color? Most of those changes are old...

Avásh
Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2010, 06:32:55 AM »

It'll probably be easier to make it all the one colour, Avash

Seeking the truth, whatever the cost! - Deklitch Hardin, Elf Friend
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts