Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Remusian Embassy  (Read 6178 times)
Rellech Arnevahr
Aristocratic Ass
Story Mod

Human, Remusian

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 03:20:54 PM »

Date: 30th Singing Bird, 3rd Hour of Daybreak (8AM)

Rellech scowled.  Obviously, this new Captain of the Guard had some learning to do in the art of subtlety.  "No!  You will not be threatening anyone.  Do you understand?  Those people are nothing!  They cannot hurt me, nor this embassy.  Foolish acts of violence can do far worse to us.  Remusia is no mere province of Santharia.  We are our own country.  We are guests here, and must look the part; at least until we get what we came here for."

He shook his head.  "We don't want undue attention right now.  What we do need, is to set up meetings with the Ambassadors of Vardynn and Nermeran.  Especially, Nermeran.  I need to know where they stand on the orc issue.  As well, I need to get in to see the Santhran himself.  You will, of course, be up for the challenge of providing ample security?"  He raised an eyebrow in the captain's direction. "I heard that the Nermeran Embassy had a nasty incident last night.  I don't want that repeated here."

Date: 30th Singing Bird, 4th Hour of Sunblaze Known as Sunreign (12 PM)

Nenio stared at the slow moving water of the Thaehelvil river.  It was comfortably warm as the sun neared its zenith, but it was more than the weather that kept him flushed.  A secret glance to the side revealed the reason for that; Sharlah Vudens.  "Think we'll catch anything?"

Sharlah nodded in a matter of fact way. "Oh yeah.  Fish love garden worms.  Bigger the worm; bigger the fish.  Gotta few big'uns today, though most of the worms be scrawny."

Nenio nodded dumbly, taking her words as gospel.  Perhaps if his grub didn't work, she'd lend him a worm.  Not that he expected her to want it back.

Sharlah looked at him.  "How come you never bring garden worms?  You got a garden bigger than my daddy's house, forge garden and all put together."

Nenio shrugged.  "Dunno.  Not really our garden.  And grandpa calls the Ambassador an ass, so he'd just as like chase us off the grounds if he caught us stealing worms."

Sharlah giggled at Nenio's cursing, which caused him to blush both because of the word he used and because the thought of making hert happy caused him to nearly explode in his chest.

There was a sound of someone coming through the tall grass and both heads turned to see a younger boy approaching.  Neither recognized him.  He suddenly introduced himself as Raw and asked if he could join them.  Nenio prepared himself to politely decline when Sharlah spoke up next to him.

"Of course, Raw.  River's big enough for all of us.  I'm Sharlah, and this is my friend, Nenio."

Not all men are created equal.  Some are born with cunning, guile and the drive to rise above those around them.  I am such a man.- Rellech

Rellech Arnevahr
Aristocratic Ass
Story Mod

Human, Remusian

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 09:29:33 AM »

Date: 1st Rising Sun, 1st Hour of Sunblaze Known as Lightthrive (9AM)

The young man approached the Remusian embassy.  In his hand, a scroll, bound up in red ribbon and sealed with wax.  He was charged with the delivery of this message, which was stressed to him as very important.  This note needed to make it to the embassy.  Finally, here it was, though only in his hands for the last few days, having been given to him by the last man to have carried it, and the whole string of couriers before.  He approached up the well worn pathway toward the older looking embassy building.  He was soon set upon by a pair of fierce looking guards who crossed long spears before him.

"Who approaches the Remusian Gate?"

The courier stopped his approach and raised an eyebrow as his eyes darted back and forth across the pathway.  "Gate?"

One of the guards looked embarrassed.  "Well, it will be here," he pointed to the ground, where chalk marks were laid out showing where walls would someday be constructed.

"And you act like it's already here?"  The courier was a little perplexed.

The guard rolled his eyes.  "You don't know the ambassador here.  If he says there is a guardhouse here, then there is a guardhouse here."

The other guard nodded in agreement.  "Must be a Remusian thing.  Strange folk these northerners.  No sense of humour.  Glad there's only a few of 'em."

The courier reached up and scratched the back of his head.  Perhaps he was better off not going all the way to the embassy.  On the other hand, he didn't feel comfortable leaving this very important letter with two guards dumb enough to pretend there was a gatehouse standing where no gatehouse would be for years yet.  "Well, I'm supposed to deliver this here letter.  It's supposed to be delivered to someone of importance."

The first guard nodded and looked over to the other.  "Hey, Graydle, why don't you go find the Cap'n.  He should probably take this."

The second guard nodded in agreement.  "Ya, yer prolly right there.  I'll get Cap'n Thaelel."  He then turned and started back toward the embassy, leaving the courier behind.

Not all men are created equal.  Some are born with cunning, guile and the drive to rise above those around them.  I am such a man.- Rellech

Thaelel Swordmar
Path Burner
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 07:16:24 AM »

"Cap'n Swordmar, there's a man here."

Thaelel rolled his eyes. Graydle was a good fighter, but he was a bit stupid at times. Continuing to write his report on the embassy's security, he shouted to the guard,

"Incredible, Graydle. That's never happened before." called Thaelel, his voice dripping with sarcasm, "What's he here for? Obviously not to admire the scenery."

As he stood up and pushed his chair back, he surveyed his work so far. Several huge schematics were annotated in his characteristic scrawl. Satisfied, he turned around and walked out the door, grabbing his cloak on the way out.

Graydle's mouth was hanging open, drool dripping from his lower lip.

"Uhhh.... Umm... Uhhh... Message?"

Thaelel rolled his eyes again and turned to the messenger.

"Thaelel Pathburner of House Swordmar, renowned mercenary and captain of guards at the Remusian embassy. Sorry about Graydle here's lack of a brain. We have people studying him day and night, but to no avail. If you happen to have a spare brain.... Anyway, what is this message?"

"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price."
- Sun Tzu

"Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied."  
 -Alexander the Great

Thaelel Swordmar
Path Burner
Rellech Arnevahr
Aristocratic Ass
Story Mod

Human, Remusian

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 02:16:56 PM »

The courier awaited the captain of the guards in silence, and when the man came, he watched in silence as the man undressed the guard.  He smiled in agreement.  When asked, he held out the scroll. "This message is for the Ambassador.  I'm supposed to give it to him or someone important."

He stepped back.  It had been a long trip and all he wanted to do was find a nice soft bed and get some sleep.  "I'll let my people know that I delivered it to the Captain of the Guard.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I shall take my leave."

The courier spun on his heel and marched away.  His duty had been fulfilled, and now he was free to go in search of his next assignment.

Thaelel Swordmar
Path Burner
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2010, 05:09:07 AM »

'Should I read it?' thought Thaelel to himself, 'Well, it might have its merits, but Rellech will probably share it with me if it's of any importance. I hope I don't have to resort to subterfuge to find out what that letter contains.'

Taking the scroll in his hand, he strode out of his room and into a long corridor leading to Rellech's office. The three sharp knocks he delivered were piercing, and as the guards on either side of the ambassador's door winced, Thaelel smiled, imagining the aristocratic ass' reaction. Then, he took a step back from the door and whispered to the guards.

"What kind of mood is he in?"

"Are you kidding? Of course the usual. We could hear him shouting earlier, and a man walked out of here crying."
responded the guard.

Glancing a furtive glance around before he answered, Thaelel groaned inwardly. "Just my luck." he sighed.

"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price."
- Sun Tzu

"Without Knowledge, Skill cannot be focused. Without Skill, Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength, Knowledge may not be applied."  
 -Alexander the Great

Thaelel Swordmar
Path Burner
Rellech Arnevahr
Aristocratic Ass
Story Mod

Human, Remusian

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 02:28:15 AM »

Rellech was happy.  For the first time since coming to this heathen country.  He wasn't sure why.  But from the moment he had awakened, he felt good.  The cooks had finally made him a meal he could enjoy, there was a breeze coming through the window, so it did not feel as hot as it usually did.  He had even had a good morning so far with business.  A merchant who had been charging a hefty price for goods and short filling the barrels was caught and after a long and heated berating, Rellech had sent him out with no contract and in tears.

Yes, it was a good morning.

A knock on his door interrupted his self satisfied reflection and a scowl crossed his face.  What now?  "Come!"

The Captain of the Guards entered the room and stepped toward the desk, holding out a scroll.  "A message for you, sir."

Rellech raised an eyebrow and took the scroll.  A quick glance showed that the wax seal was unbroken.  Well, the Captain at least knew the meaning of privacy.  Rellech then broke the seal and unrolled the parchment.

Ambassador Rellech Arnevahr:

This letter is to inform you that a second contingent of Remusian delegates will be arriving in New Santhala around the 5th day of Rising Sun.  Most will be the usual persons needed by you to fully staff your Embassy; those not able to join you at the time of your leaving.  Cooks, soldiers and others.  200 in total.

Also, after your departure from Remusiat, there was much talk in the privy council about the wisdom in appointing you to such an important post.  Though you have my unflinching trust in this assignment, it was decided that the Temple of Kor'och should have had a larger voice in this.  In order for a proper representation of the Remusia to be put forth, as well as the Temple's assessment of activities there, a representative of the Temple has been dispatched to you with your staff.  I am pleased to announce that Xandreth Sallahd will be joining you in New Santhala.

Although you will continue to act and hold title of Ambassador, I should not have to remind you of the importance the Temple has in my advisory council and in Remusia in general.  Therefore, you will give Master Sallahd the same courtesy you would in my council.  You speak for Remusia, but he speaks for Kor'och.  I trust that in all cases, that the outcome will be the same.

Good Luck in your mission to form a positive alliance.  I can see your efforts one day putting a final end to our enemies the orcs and their allies, and vaulting Remusia to a higher standing on the world stage.

His Royal Highness,
Timeras,
King of Remusia

Rellech sat back in his chair.  All that had started off good this day was now ruined by this letter.  Fidgeting from the Captain caught his attention, and he was about to dismiss the man but changed his mind.  Instead, he offered the man to sit down.

"Captain Swordmar, I am about to trust you, and I have rarely trusted anyone, let alone one from an inferior people.  But, before I do, I need to know if you are worthy of my trust.  Will you give me your solemn vow that you will obey me without question and swear your allegiance to me.  I need your bond."
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 05:27:15 AM by Rellech Arnevahr » Logged

Raworaan
Smart Alec
Approved Character

Human, Kyranian

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 08:09:27 PM »

Date: 30th Singing Bird, 4th Hour of Sunblaze Known as Sunreign (12 PM)

It was a girl, not a boy who responded to Raworaan, and she said he could join them. He wasn't sure about girls ... it had been him and his uncle for so long, and he was so used to being by himself that a girl might be too much for him to handle. But he didn't run ... he stayed there and grinned foolishly at the girl, before sitting on the ground and beginning to fish.

"So yeah, I'm a Kyranian, and my uncle is a merchant, and I'm here with him," Raw said, not knowing what else to say, or even if he should say anything, "sorry, I'll just keep quiet now. You two can do what it was you were doing, just pretend I'm not here."

If anyone out there calls those two 'teenagers' I'll turn them into frogs. The correct term is adolescence and the only good thing that comes out of it is that most everyone grows out of it. (paraphrasing David Eddings)
Raworaan's CD
Tervild Jorek
Serene Actor
Approved Character

Human, Avennorian

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2011, 02:19:23 AM »

Date: 1st Rising Sun, 1st Hour of Sunblaze Known as Lightthrive (9AM)

The days had begun to drag on for Tervild. He was an actor, but he wasn't used to constantly being in character. In part it had been his blunder, but he couldn't help feeling that Rellech had a part in his current predicament. Magicians had their place in society, but he hadn't before meet a Remusian man. How was he to know that magic was abhorred by the frozen men of the North? Unfortunately nothing could be done about that now, all that was left to do was make himself useful.

Which of course lead to the next truly large predicament. Rellech wasn't someone who was easy to get a long with. That in itself was putting things very mildly. There were several things that he would have said to the man's face if he wasn't in such desperate need for money. All he could do was pretend he was alright with everything, and move on with his life. Still, he had to admit that this was significantly more difficult then he had initially been prepared for. At least Captain Swordmar was in the same boat, and between the two of them they would just have to deal with Rellech's abrasive personality.

At the moment, the household was surprisingly silent. It had been only a few days before bustling with busy servants, a majority of whom had been fired. Rellech wasn't very fond of other human beings for that matter, and he certainly was not an advocate for good relations between the nations. If the man had been left to his own devices, well, Remusia may or may not have remained with the Embassy. Regardless his job was pretty simple, he handled some papers, and assisted in providing a cool breeze when the days were hot. Today he intended to at least discuss matters of the embassy with Rellech.

Two guards stood on either side of the door. With a nod of greeting to both soldiers he attempted conversation with the duo. "Gentlemen, is the Ambassador with audience?"

In silence to two gave an nod of affirmation. There was no helping it, he would just have to wait until the audience was finished. Until then, he decided he would wait in the gardens. He told the guards to send someone to fetch him once Rellech had finished his audience, or if Thaelel came by to have him come to the gardens. With that he set off for a walk outside of the Remusian estate. It was a beautiful day, relatively speaking.

Rellech Arnevahr
Aristocratic Ass
Story Mod

Human, Remusian

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 03:45:21 PM »

Date: 18th Rising Sun, 2nd Hour of Sunblaze (10 am)

"They're here, Ambassador!"

Rellech lifted his eyes from the reports he was going over to see one of his outer guards standing in the doorway to his office.  "You're sure?"  There had been two false reports so far.  The King's letter had said the High Cleric would arrive on the 5th, and here it was already the 18th.  Delayed by weather, no doubt.  It was damnedably hot here, and no doubt the High Cleric would not have liked traveling during the hottest part of the day.

Rellech stood, smoothed out his uniform, and quickly strode through the embassy's long hall to the main doors and out into the midmorn sun.  He stepped down the granite stairs to the cobblestone pathway, his hard heeled boots echoing in staccato fashion.  Once there, he waited and watched the large procession of riders approach, each mounted atop beautiful Kor'och-fey-Mologh.  The expense that must have cost!

High Cleric Xandreth Sallahd reigned in his horse.  He waited for one of his servants to rush up o the left side of the horse and drop to his hands and knees, before Xandreth slung himself out of the saddle and stepped down, first onto the servant's back, then onto the ground.  He ignored the audible grunt as his riding boots dug into the man's back.

Rellech stepped forward and bowed. "Greetings, High Cleric.  I trust Kor'och has granted you a pleasant journey."

Xandreth barely acknowledge the Ambassador's presence.  "There is very little here in this part of the world that is pleasant, Ambassador."

There was a moment of uncomfortable silence as both men sized up one another.  This was to be no alliance between kinsmen.  This was to be a battle of wills, where ultimately, only one would survive.  The two men knew it.

Rellech was the first to give in, though he would not have seen it so.  Instead, he saw it as a charade of acquiescence.  "Would you care to rest after your journey?  Or perhaps a walk through the gardens to relax your soul?"  He outstretched his arm to indicate the large flower garden across the courtyard.

Xandreth followed the direction of Rellech's arm with narrowed eyes, which widened somewhat with the vision of the garden caretakers standing at somewhat attention in the garden, each dressed in brightly coloured overalls.  "Gnomes, Arnevahr?  You have garden gnomes?"

A smirk crossed Rellech's face while the High Cleric's was turned from him.  He knew the reaction it would garner.  "Why, yes, High Cleric.  Industrious little buggers, they are.  I find they do a wonderful job, particularly on the Yneia, which are a favourite of mine."
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 04:06:51 PM by Rellech Arnevahr » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 30, 2021, 06:05:42 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]