Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The last song of High Queen Mseríá (Azalahn's Inn)  (Read 5447 times)
Azalahn
Dance of Sorrow
Story Mod

Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 03:56:16 AM »

Added (heated floor) after ondul

Added (Azalahn's inn) to the heading.

Didn't want to achieve anything special, just thought it could be an interesting little "special effect" to have, not dominating the picture put still there. The historical main reason it is there is because she would be absolutely furious when her son was denied his birthright. "If he can't have it then I will make sure nobody can" and she casts a curse. It is a powerfull curse that they can't remove so they demolish the fortress. And now Azalahn finds that a part of one wall in the basement is built like a fortress wall is built. (much heavier than normal walls)

Well what can I achieve? As a player think it would be fun to live in a "cursed" house, he is not going to be happy about it when/if he finds out. He is soo going to press the issue about the two in the basement moving up. "Dormant or not it is still a cursed wall and I don't want you two to be sleeping right next to it", and they are soo not going to be happy about moving up. Living below the surface is high status for the dark elf, ok her mind is more human than Eophyrim but not completely, and I always pictured dwarfs as liking it below the ground. "Hey boss, havn't felt a thing soo far so me thinks you are overreacting, just like just like back up North when ya little girl went missing for a day. Move me up to those threes and ya might find tha stew has become mighty thin" Also who knows perhaps I can use it for something creative when/if he ever finds out.

Effects on visitors. It is a nasty thing and I don't want that on my visitors, it would also be bad for business. Well to be honest then I don't see any effect. It was cast on a fortress. If things had gone otherwise then the fortress wouldn't be demolished and at some time one of her descendants would move in as the new lord. He would have servants and a garrison living there, and they would not be affected. But the fortress has been demolished and we have an inn there now, but the same thing applies. (A human not among her descendants) The owner is not human and that makes the curse dormant, but perhaps there, or perhaps not. Say at some time Azalahn moves and sells the place to a human. If that human is not a descendant of the sorceress then it would be trouble if it is there.

For visitors while Azalahn owns the place. Worst case scenario I can come up with is that I get a visitor that is a mage, he spends enough time in the dark elf's room (why would he do that?) and finds an evil aura from the wall. He becomes curious and investigates, then he thinks he can do what a few of perhaps the most powerfull mages available to the city lords at her lifetime could not do (Not expecting a visit from super high level mage) and then we could have problems.

That is also easy to work around, just say she doesn't allow strangers into her room, and we should remember that she is a dark elf, so I would guess she is not the first one people would try to become best friends with.

OK there are a few scenarios worse than that, but they involve people deliberately looking for the curse and breaking into her room, Azalahn would tell them to get out just as I would if someone started breaking doors at my place (real life) and unless I am mistaken then Azalahn would be well within his right to do that.

In short, nothing fancy just a (in my opinion) nice little colour detail.

The curse was cast for real, but not mentioned in the tale (mentioned in the part about what really happened), and most of the things mentioned in the tale were crazy exaggerations.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 05:46:03 AM by Azalahn » Logged

Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 05:58:18 AM »

Thank you for addressing those concerns, Azalahn. It'll be important to make sure that any visitors to your house are aware of the limitations to the curse. Maybe when it gets approved, you could have that as a sticky thread in your house board.

Your house receives my approval, and I'll have to see if I can't find a suitable character to go and pay you a visit sometime.

Seeking the truth, whatever the cost! - Deklitch Hardin, Elf Friend
Azalahn
Dance of Sorrow
Story Mod

Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 06:07:54 AM »

Wheeee.

Thanks for working with me trough the whole process :)

Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2010, 06:15:13 AM »

I'm pleased to work through it with people. Kalina or Altario will need to do the stuff to set it up for you ... oh ... and you've got a PM from me as well :D

Azalahn
Dance of Sorrow
Story Mod

Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 06:14:42 AM »

OK removed the colours.

Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 06:27:15 AM »

There you go Azalahn, the house has been copied across to your Home Forum.

You'll just need to set up stickies for

- OOC
- Time/Date/Weather
- Contact Information on that board.
Give me a yell if you're not sure how to do that :D

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]