Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kann Day II, Sundrown  (Read 18896 times)
Zarkin Talker
Horse Trainer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #210 on: January 30, 2011, 04:48:30 AM »

Zarkin sits down next to Kareesh "My name is... Z..Z...Zarkin, and you are an elf named?" Zarkin asked as he sat down and slowly chose his words before saying somthing dumb. I can't talk drunk to this girl, she is so beautiful.. and bumble bees are red! ran his drunk thoughts. Zarkin falls asleep sitting up and smashes his head agaisnt the table and wakes up with his head throbbing as he feels not drunk anymore and can talk clearly

A true warrior lies within the heart, not the blade!
- Zarkin Talker
Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #211 on: January 30, 2011, 09:10:18 AM »

Kareesh gave a glance over to Mallayn, but she seemed to be occupied with the man who approached her. She gave a small shrug as she glanced about the tavern. It appeared that more people were coming in. Perhaps to celebrate this Dwarf which she had overheard one of the barmaids talking about. Yet, it was peculiar that, for a Dwarven tavern in a Dwarven city, there were few Dwarves here as patrons.

""My name is... Z..Z...Zarkin, and you are an elf named?"

Kareesh was about to respond, when he suddenly tipped forward and hit his head violently against the bar. Her eyes widened slightly as she realized that he either knocked himself out, or the ale had caused him to fall asleep.

With him not being able to hear her, she again turned her attention to the quickly filling tavern. She noticed another Elf come in, her bright santhran violet eyes standing out from her dark hair. Kareesh raised an eyebrow. Eyes of that hue were few and far between.

Another male entered the tavern, but he was even more mysterious than the Elf maiden who had entered before him. He appeared to be a Hobbit, but yet his features were that of an Elf. His features also looked...odd. What was he...?

Her attention on the newcomers was distracted by the awakening of the Elf who called himself Zarkin. He gave a groan as he sat up and rubbed his head. Kareesh wasn't surprised; that knock on the head would give anyone a headache. The drunken glaze appeared to be out from his eyes, so perhaps the conversation would progress in a more civil fashion.

"You are correct in assessing that I am an Elf," Kareesh said with a smile. "My name is Kareesh Valendar, part of the Arthyrón tribe. Did you have a bit much to drink there?"

Miés'áel Cór'yráná
Inspiration Seeker
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #212 on: January 30, 2011, 10:06:44 AM »

Miés'áel could tell the Dwarf was embaressed by not remembering the Dwarven holiday. She herself hadn't remembered, but then again, she wasn't a Dwarf. She gave a friendly smile towards him, hoping that it would take away the edge of embarrassment.

"Aye lady, Galein be right over there." He pointed towards a female Dwarf carrying a box towards what Miés'áel assumed to be the kitchen "But her mum be not here. Went traipsing all over the world lookin' fer new foods." Then he turned to Galein and shouted, "Oy Galein, pretty lass, this 'ere customer, she wants ta see ya."

Miés'áel watched as the Dwarf put down her box and walked over to where she and the Dwarf mage stood. She felt slightly odd that he had called her a 'pretty lass'. She had often heard herself referred to as that, but she never believed it. After all, who would think that a bookish Elf such as herself could be 'pretty'?

"How are you today, Miss? What can I do for you?" The Dwarf said once she approached the two who were awaiting her arrival. Inwardly, Miés'áel smiled at her reunion with one of her dear friends. She also smiled at the look of confusion across Galein's face. She didn't recognize her. It had been many years since she had lived at the Kann.  "And forgive me for asking, but have you been here before? You seem very familiar."

Miés'áel couldn't hold it in any longer. She broke out into a large smile and gave a small laugh. "Have I been here before?! Of course I have, my dear chingu. I believe you and your mother use to call me Feraril Kaorprioon (Jeweled Elf), I believe."
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 10:07:14 AM by Miés'áel Cór'yráná » Logged

"The desire to write grows with writing"
~Desiderius Erasmus~
~*~Miés'áel Córyrana~*~
Ergolach Flowerdew
Erratic Bard
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #213 on: January 31, 2011, 01:11:36 AM »

"I am truly delighted. I hope there shall be place for my music as well." Ergolach smiles and then attentively listens to Gapad's story. After she finishes, he says: "Ach, you really know how to tell a story, dwarven lady. 'Tis a highly important quality indeed."

He turns to Mallayn and it seems that he wants to say something but then he starts to pay attention to man who just comes to the bar. Another musician, as it seems! Does it mean there could be sort of a competition? Aye, indeed. 'Tis apparent that I could - no, that I should - challenge this unusual gentleman as soon as possible or perhaps e'en sooner...

As Ergolach's thoughts run this way and as he almost maliciously looks at the newcoming bard, he suddenly hears a loud whang as Zarkin falls asleep and his forehead hits the desk. Ergolach quickly turns to see what happened - with his hand placed on the hilt of his rapier - and when he realizes what just happened, he starts to laugh deeply.

Ergolach Flowerdew ['ɛɾɡolax 'flʌuəɾdjʉ]
Mallayn Galnodren
Searching Speaker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #214 on: January 31, 2011, 04:10:56 AM »

After Gapad finished her tale, Ergolach addressed her first: "Ach, you really know how to tell a story, dwarven lady. 'Tis a highly important quality indeed."
Mallayn nodded. "Truly, a fine tale. And one done justice by the giver. I would almost think you were trying to put me out of a job!" she added merrily, relaxing for the first timesince she entered the tavern. Stories did that, she had discovered. They had a way of breaking barriers and setting people at ease. It was one of the reasons she had chosen this occupation.
It was not for the money.
Which reminded her that she did not have the funds to stay at this fine inn any longer.
Unless...
She turned to address the room at large.
"Hello all, my name is Mallayn and I am a storyteller by trade. I can also read and write, and if there is any reasonable job that I can do for you, I am in need of funds and would be happy to assist you in whatsoever way I can."

And you shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Mallayn Galnodren
Zarkin Talker
Horse Trainer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2011, 04:16:25 AM »

Zarkin looks a Kareesh "Yeah, sorry I have this drinking habit and its been this way since a couple years, I'm trying to quit but it never happens" responded Zarkin.

- Zarkin Talker
Galein
Short-Sized Cook
Story Mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #216 on: February 01, 2011, 06:16:26 AM »

Galein

"Have I been here before?! Of course I have, my dear chingu. I believe you and your mother use to call me Feraril Kaorprioon (Jeweled Elf), I believe." she said. 'Of course!' Galein thought as the memories flooded back. Smiling broadly, she said, "Ah yes! I remember now. Have you come back for Brokden or simply just to visit with old friends?" she led the elf toward the bar. Laughing quietly, she then asked, "Or is it my wonderful meals that brought you back to the Kann Kemruhnt?"

Gapad

"Ach, you really know how to tell a story, dwarven lady. 'Tis a highly important quality indeed." said the man. "Truly, a fine tale. And one done justice by the giver. I would almost think you were trying to put me out of a job!" added the woman. The praise made Gapad smile and say, "Thank you, but I owe it to my mother for passing down the knowledge of storytelling."

Suddenly, a loud smack filled the room. Gapad quickly looked as the drunken man regained his composure and sat back into his seat. She moved down the bar so she was in front of him. "You didn't hurt yourself did you?" she asked as the man a few seats down began to laugh.

Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Story Mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #217 on: February 01, 2011, 08:55:48 PM »

"None fer me, Hragnur, although the lass might be willing to try our roast goat." Thorgas smiled as he looked at the newcomer. By this time Galein had already walked towards the elf. From what Thorgas was able to hear, it seems that the she was once a resident of the inn, for she knew both Galein and her mother well. Realizing that he was no longer needed here, he turned to Galein and said, "You two look like yer both comfortable enough. I'll be at the ale cellar, an' give me a shout if ye ever need anythin."

Giving a small nod at both ladies, the dwarf strode towards the kitchen; his favorite mug must still be there somewhere.

A weak mind is a deadly foe.
Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #218 on: February 11, 2011, 08:54:23 AM »

"Yeah, sorry I have this drinking habit and its been this way since a couple years, I'm trying to quit but it never happens"

Kareesh's eyes went dark for a moment as she stared down into her drink. Yes, she knew of the dangers there were associated with over drinking. On more than one occasion she had to defend herself against a man who had lost all reason due to his drunkenness. She picked up her cup and tilted her head back as she drank the rest of her drink. She savored the bitterness of the ale upon her tongue as she set the cup back down.

Looking at Zarkin, she gave a faint smile. "A word of advice then, my friend, if one has a problem which is known to him, then perhaps he should stay away from places which entice him into old traps..."

She glanced at the Dwarf maiden who had appeared and expressed her concern for Zarkin's well being. "But I'm sure the Dwarves wouldn't want me sharing that advice with everyone, hm?" she said with another smile.

Best to stay on the best side of everyone....

Zarkin Talker
Horse Trainer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #219 on: February 12, 2011, 04:14:23 AM »

Zarkin looks at Gapad "No, I'm fine thank you" Zarkin says with a weak smile. After having a short encounter with the dwarf Zarkin looks at Kareesh as she tells hi the bit of advice.

"I guess, but it is a truely hard problem to get rid of, living on my own has really been fun and all but trying to shake the habit of drinking has been the worst of living in my own accompany" Zarkin says to Kareesh with a look of concern in his eyes.

- Zarkin Talker
Mallayn Galnodren
Searching Speaker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #220 on: February 22, 2011, 02:09:39 AM »

Odd... it seemed that her address had scared all the occupants of the tavern into silence.

Mallayn Galnodren
Galein
Short-Sized Cook
Story Mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #221 on: February 25, 2011, 06:40:31 AM »

Gapad

"No, I'm fine thank you." the man who had fallen said. He still seemed a bit dizzy but the fall seemed to give him new focus. Gapad nodded at him and looked at his head for any signs of bleeding.

"A word of advice then, my friend, if one has a problem which is known to him, then perhaps he should stay away from places which entice him into old traps... But I'm sure the Dwarves wouldn't want me sharing that advice with everyone, hm?" the elf said. She gave a quick smile to Gapad.

Gapad laughed at this and said, "Well, he is more than welcome here. We'll just have to keep an eye on him to prevent any more mishaps!" Turning to the man she said, "Doesn't look like you are bleeding but that was a pretty hard smack you had there. Will probably bruise over nicely." She took a cloth and brushed off the counter quickly.

"Can I get either of you anything more? The festivities will be starting here soon and you are more than welcome to join in." Gapad said.

Hragnúr

"None fer me, Hragnur, although the lass might be willing to try our roast goat." Thorgas said glancing at the elf that walked in before walking toward the cellar. From what Hragnúr could tell, the elf had been here before though Hragnúr had never seen her. 'Musta been before I was around.' she thought as she watched Galein and the elf talk.

After a few moments a woman at the front of the bar said, "Hello all, my name is Mallayn and I am a storyteller by trade. I can also read and write, and if there is any reasonable job that I can do for you, I am in need of funds and would be happy to assist you in whatsoever way I can."

Hragnúr waited a few moments for someone else to say anything. She knew in the past storytellers received a free meal and free lodging if they could entertain the other people of the tavern through the night. When no one said anything, Hragnúr made her way over to the bar next to the woman. "Storyteller? What sort of stories do you know ma'am?" she asked the human as she took a seat at the bar.

Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #222 on: February 27, 2011, 11:02:49 AM »

Kareesh found herself starting to feel sorry for Zarkin. She had run into many people who had followed the path which he seemed to following at the moment. They were usually the ones you could count on hanging around the bar with a never emptying mug in their hands.

Watch yourself, Kareesh. You can't allow yourself to get attracted to every man who has a sob story. You'll never get any work if you do that....

She glanced down at her empty mug. "Can I get either of you anything more? The festivities will be starting here soon and you are more than welcome to join in."

"Aye, I think I would like to try some of your apple ale, if you wouldn't mind," she said with a small smile. She quickly dug out three sans and laid them upon the bar counter.

Turning more towards Zarkin, she noted the area where he had hit his head upon the counter. The barmaid was right, it was going to bruise. Kareesh raised a hand towards Zarkin's forehead, but stopped right before she actually touched him. She drew her hand back as she brought her gaze down from his forehead down to his eyes. She had to quickly look away. Instead, she looked around the room.

"So, Zarkin, what brings you here to the Kann?" She asked, trying to make the situation less awkward.

Zarkin Talker
Horse Trainer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #223 on: February 28, 2011, 01:21:19 AM »

Zarkin noticed how fast she looked away and how much she paid attention to him, she seemed to like him. But then she asked him what he was doing here.

"Well to answer my question, I have just been traveling when I asked a random person if they knew a good bar close to where i was at the moment, and so the young lady told me to come here. So I just decided to come here" Zarkin said as he put his hand under the table and accidentally grabbed Kareesh's hand and quickly pulled away.

- Zarkin Talker
Mallayn Galnodren
Searching Speaker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #224 on: February 28, 2011, 06:43:10 AM »

Hragnúr made her way over to the bar next to Mallayn. "Storyteller? What sort of stories do you know ma'am?" she asked the human as she took a seat at the bar.
"Well, I do not know many stories of brave dwarves, as evidenced by the fact that I had never heard of Brok Strongarm. I do know many other tales, of star-crossed lovers and heroes, of oddities and home. I may not be able to sing them, like Ergolach here, but they hold a charm of their own. And if I cannot remember a story requested, I may have it on one of my scrolls. Do you have a preference?"
And perhaps money? Mallayn asked silently; she would have to dip into her education funds, again, if someone didn't hire her.

Mallayn Galnodren
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]