Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kann Day II, Sundrown  (Read 19226 times)
Miés'áel Cór'yráná
Inspiration Seeker
Approved Character

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #225 on: February 28, 2011, 10:28:15 AM »

Miés'áel gave a larger smile as Galein remembered her. Her eyes sparkled as she relived memories of the days past. She gave a laugh as Galein asked her about the cooking.

"You know that I absolutely loved your cooking. Part of that could have been the reason for bringing me back here," she said with a laugh. "Honestly, I had forgotten all about Brokden. Apparently, I didn't remember all the details of the Dwarven holidays. No, Galein, the main reason I returned was for a social visit.

She laid a hand upon her old friend. "But, while we are talking about food, I would love to have some of your goldsponge cabbages."

"The desire to write grows with writing"
~Desiderius Erasmus~
~*~Miés'áel Córyrana~*~
Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #226 on: March 01, 2011, 11:05:43 AM »

Falls and fells! Kareesh thought as she moved her hand when she felt his cover her own. Her mind was racing. She didn't come here looking for a man to bed with. In fact, she had never looked for a man to bed with and now that she had the attention of a man, she wasn't quite sure what to do with it.

Kareesh leaned upon the bar counter with both of her elbows. Subconsciously, she played with a strand of her roughly dyed hair. Out of the corner of her eye, she noted that Mallayn was talking to one of the barmaids, and one of the Elves who had entered the tavern, the one with the strangely colored eyes, had approached the bar with another one of the barmaids. They seemed to have a close relationship, something which confused Kareesh.

She closed her eyes briefly as she thought about what she should do. Surely it would be considered wrong to lead on this young man if she wasn't interested in staying with him, but that's what assassin's were good at right? Make people believe one thing while you do another behind their back. But this wasn't for a job, this was in her own personal life.

Inwardly she gave a sigh. She wanted to rub her temples, but didn't want to show Zarkin how much of a difficulty she was having.  Her mind flashed back to memories of her parents and their relationship. They  had always seemed perfect for each other. Was that was true love was like? Was that really something Kareesh wanted for herself. The thought of settling down had never occurred, nor appealed to her.

She opened her sognastheen eyes once more and glanced at Zarkin. Don't even think about it. Why would this one man make you want to settle down and play all nice-like?

"I suppose I ended up here the same way, but I asked more for a place to stay," Kareesh said with a faint smile.

We'll just see where this goes, I suppose...

Zarkin Talker
Horse Trainer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #227 on: March 02, 2011, 10:33:28 AM »

There is something im missing here, something she did while she closed her eyes and thought about something ran Zarkins thoughts. Would it be wrong to be wanting to sleep with this lady I mean... "would that be wrong?" Zarkin accidentally said and then looked away with his face burning a ruby red. "I'm sorry for that i quess i just carried away with thoughts that i said something out of sheer stupidity" Zarkin apologized to Kareesh.

Zarkin thought about many things but everytime he tried to think of something new Kareesh popped right back into his thoughts. There was something different about this woman but Zarkin just couldn't seem to figure out what. Maybe it was the way she looked, very beautiful in what Zarkin thought, he had spent so much time looking for someone to actually like, but Kareesh seemed to be hiding that maybe, just maybe she had feelings for him to? All this thinking hit Zarkin like a huge brick, Was Kareesh trying to get Zarkin in a bed with her?

A true warrior lies within the heart, not the blade!
- Zarkin Talker
Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #228 on: March 02, 2011, 11:03:41 AM »

"Would that be wrong?"

She turned her head to look at Zarkin, an eyebrow raising slightly. Her mind raced as she tried to figure out what would have caused him to say that. His next sentence explained it however. A slip of the tongue.

"Ah. Sometimes thoughts do tend to pop out of one's head," she said softly. She wondered at the redness of his face. Surely the drunkenness had come back. He hadn't another drink since he had come to the bar.

Perhaps he is in need of a drink. But would that really be wise for one who has admitted to being overly fond of drink?

She glanced at the menu and noticed that there was a brew designated as being non-alcoholic. Before the barmaid went away, Kareesh said "Oh, and ma'am, why don't you bring a glass of that HearthBerry Juice for my friend here as well." She motioned towards Zarkin.

Giving a smile and a wink in Zarkin's direction, she said "And don't worry about me trying to get you stone drunk. This drink is supposedly non-alcoholic. Wouldn't want you to hurt your head again."

Her eyes glanced at the bruise which was already getting quite dark on his forehead. This time, Kareesh resisted the urge to reach out and push his eophran hair out of his face. Instead, she absent-mindedly ran a finger around the rim of her empty mug.

"So, Zarkin, is there a woman back home pining for your return?" she asked, trying to make it seem as though it was a natural part of a conversation. Married men tended to be hesitant when trying to get some poor woman in bed when they were on the road. Kareesh knew better than to fall into that trap.

Did she really want just a bedfellow for the night? Or something more? Would Zarkin want more if he ever found out what Kareesh did for a living? Inwardly, Kareesh gave a shudder. She was starting to tread in territory she never thought she would tread in. And it could end up very poorly. An exit strategy was already forming in her mind if the need should arise...

Zarkin Talker
Horse Trainer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #229 on: March 03, 2011, 07:02:32 AM »

"Thanks Kareesh, for the drink i mean" Zarkin said. And then she asked if he had a wife at home waiting for him to come home, no one had ever asked that before but Zarkin had to answer.

"Ah, no i don't actually i've never actually met anyone. But this may be a little dumb to say though we just met but you look surely beautiful Kareesh. Ha, if I were to think of us ever setteling down and getting married, you seem like you wouldn't take that as a joke but I find it humoros. I mean just think of an Elf as beautiful as you and a human as dumb as me" Zarkin said. He wasn't feeling himself around a beautiful elf.

- Zarkin Talker
Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #230 on: March 03, 2011, 07:19:53 AM »

Settle down together? And we just met a few minutes ago. He really must have hit his head pretty hard...

Kareesh tried not to show her total surprise at his declaration of calling her beautiful. She was an Elf maid, was she not suppose to be beautiful by human standards? Not that she ever thought of herself like that, of course. To her, it was just something the poets and bards had said. Until now.

Now she had a human male who had pretty much said, though he tried to disguise it, that he wouldn't mind settling down with her. Her stomach turned uneasily. Now what was she suppose to do? Break his heart? True she had done that and much more in the past but now....

"Honestly, I've never really thought about settling down before," she replied, decided to tread gently around the topic of them being together. "The last time I called a place a 'home' was back when my parents were still alive, back in the port city of Naurooth. Ever since they were killed at sea in a fishing accident, I've been on my own, wandering. The thought has never occurred to me since."

Until now...

Zarkin Talker
Horse Trainer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #231 on: March 03, 2011, 07:45:43 AM »

"Ah, well im terribly sorry to hear that" Zarkin replied as he showed a little bit of sorrow. Something was bugging him about Kareesh and Zarkin just couldn't firgure out what. Ah! now I see it! Why else would she have asked me if I had a wife waiting for me at home, she might have been interested in me! How stupid I am of not being able to think of that?

Zarkin put an hand on her shoulder and lightly patted her shoulder showing how much he cared, he was obviously attracted to Kareesh although he never showed it she probably assumed that he was just another person seeking attetion, but what he thought of her was that she was just plain beautiful and would make a great friend. Even though he might have wanted to have a wife she seemed like the kind he liked.

- Zarkin Talker
Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #232 on: March 03, 2011, 08:11:21 AM »

It was when he patted her shoulder that Kareesh knew she was going to have to tell him. Then she would see just how badly he wanted to be with her.

"Zarkin, there's something I need to tell you," she started with a small sigh. "But, it can't be here. It has to be somewhere more....private."

And that absolutely did not sound like an invitation to bed with him.

She reached up and grabbed his hand off her shoulder with one of her own. She looked down at it, her thumb lightly rubbing the top part of his hand. Her stomach was rolling over on itself, just by feeling the skin to skin contact, but she couldn't be distracted. Not when she was so close to finding out if this was just a whim on both their parts.

Zarkin Talker
Horse Trainer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #233 on: March 03, 2011, 09:41:12 AM »

"Sure Kareesh take me to wherever this private place is" Zarkin said as he felt her rubbing the top of his hand with her own thumb. He was starting to feel very invited by her. Her thumb was warm and it had a tingle sensation that came once she started to rub his hand. Zarkin looked at Kareesh and then he just looked over her shoulder out the window towards the back and saw Blazer standing outside strapped to the pole just by the Kann.

"Kareesh if there is anything that you want me to know that is important take me wherever you want and then just tell me everything, who you are, why you are here. Just please Kareesh I just need to know who you are" Zarkin said very firmly and as serious as he could make it sound.

- Zarkin Talker
Galein
Short-Sized Cook
Story Mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #234 on: March 05, 2011, 06:37:24 AM »

Galein

"You know that I absolutely loved your cooking. Part of that could have been the reason for bringing me back here. Honestly, I had forgotten all about Brokden. Apparently, I didn't remember all the details of the Dwarven holidays. No, Galein, the main reason I returned was for a social visit." A smile never left the young elf's face. Something about the smile was contagious and Galein found herself smiling just as much.

"But, while we are talking about food, I would love to have some of your goldsponge cabbages." Miés'áel said. Galein smiled and nodded before disappearing into the kitchen.

Gadaser was busy creating all manner of food for the night and had already set aside several goldsponge salads. After a few quick words with her sister Galein returned to Miés'áel with the bowl of salad.

Setting it in front of her, Galein leaned against the bar and asked, "What have you been up to Feraril Kaorprioon? Written any stories that would interest an old friend?"

Gapad

Running through the motions of being a barmaid, Gapad delivered drinks and made small talk with a few patrons. She saw the drunken man and the elf walk out of the tavern towards the stables, and soon after another human followed. Not overly concerned by this she continued the motions. All that was needed to start the party was a storyteller to tell the story of Brokden and a few musicians.

She knew that Hragnúr was speaking to the storyteller, so she set about trying to find the musician. Moving to the center of the bar, she raised her voice above the din of the many people. "Some of you may or may not know that today is the festival of Brokden for dwarves. Is there any musicians in the Kann that would be willing to offer their services?" she asked the entire tavern.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:34:31 PM by Galein » Logged

Pline
Wordsmith
Approved Character

« Reply #235 on: March 10, 2011, 12:59:44 AM »

I know the story, but not the tongue I'm afraid, and I can play, if you good people would be willing to hear me of course?

Pline turns to the tavern with his later remark, pulling his mandolin to where his fingers can reach it and playing the first dozen or so notes of something suitably heroic.

Galein
Short-Sized Cook
Story Mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #236 on: March 17, 2011, 12:00:22 AM »

Gapad

"I know the story, but not the tongue I'm afraid, and I can play, if you good people would be willing to hear me of course?" said a strange looking hobbit, his feet giving away a distinct sign of his heritage. At first Gapad was caught off guard by the look of this hobbit but quickly shook that away. She walked toward the hobbit as he started playing an instrument.

Once he had finished his short example of music Gapad said, "Do you know enough songs and stories to keep a full tavern busy for the night?" She glanced down at his mandolin and saw a butterfly tattooed at his wrist. Gapad had seen this symbol a few times before and knew what it meant. She gave him a quick look over and thought, 'He doesn't look like the kind to cause trouble. Will have to keep an eye out just in case though.'

Pline
Wordsmith
Approved Character

« Reply #237 on: March 17, 2011, 10:08:38 AM »

"Good lady, I know more story and song than anyone but a master of lore. My stories may not all be dwarven, but ensure you they will entertain."

Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #238 on: March 20, 2011, 08:39:31 PM »

Thorin shouted, "Dek! My eyes aren't deceiving me are they lad?"

Dek smiled as he recognised Thorin, "no, Thorin, my friend. Your eyes aren't deceiving you. I am Deklitch Hardin, although I'm no longer a lad."

Then his eyes went to the people near the dwarf, one was another dwarf, a dog at his feet, and a cat, pink and rather fat there as well. A pink cat? Dek thought, Ximax cat, but that means that ... a mage? His eyes continued their journey, and he found himself eye to eye with an orc, and he recognised her, even though the look in her eyes startled him somewhat

"My precious Dek," she said in a voice that was almost a purr, "my precious."

"Ahhhh," he said, "Phlegah ... I am pleased to meet you as well. However I am not your precious ... I am not a piece of jewellry of any kind." Then his eyes returned to Thorin.

"Thorin, its been too long. I am no longer with the Rovers, I have joined the Compendium as a researcher." And Dek pulled out a token from beneath his tunic to show his membership of that organisation.

"So, what have you been up to, my friend," Dek asked Thorin.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 08:46:17 PM by Deklitch Hardin » Logged

Seeking the truth, whatever the cost! - Deklitch Hardin, Elf Friend
Phlegah Sphirn
Crafty Spellcrafter
Approved Character

Orc, Volkek-Oshra

« Reply #239 on: March 20, 2011, 08:56:48 PM »

"My precious Dek," she said in a voice that was almost a purr, "my precious."

"Ahhhh," he said, "Phlegah ... I am pleased to meet you as well. However I am not your precious ... I am not a piece of jewellry of any kind." Then his eyes returned to Thorin.

"Thorin, its been too long. I am no longer with the Rovers, I have joined the Compendium as a researcher." And Dek pulled out a token from beneath his tunic to show his membership of that organisation.

"So, what have you been up to, my friend," Dek asked Thorin.

Phlegah drank in Deklitch's eyes, and his words didn't strike her at first, she didn't hear them at first, but then she did, and said, "you are even more precious to me than any kind of jewellry or gemstone, Dek. You helped to bring attention to the Academy and Ximax itself. anyone who would do that is rather precious in my eyes. You are also rather attractive ... for a human, I mean."

"You see, Master Smith," Phlegah said, turning her attention to Thorin, "Dek came to the Academy and the catacombs to look into the Red Tower and the Catacombs beneath the city and Academy of Ximax. I got to know him quite well during his stay there, and invited him to return at a future time."

Don't burn yourself ... that's MY job!
Phle's CD
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]