Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kann Day II, Sundrown  (Read 18474 times)
Ylaya
Temptress
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #150 on: November 23, 2010, 05:57:23 AM »

"The company..." she replied with a smile under her heavy hood as under the table her left gloved hand moved over from her thigh to that of Ergolach's. She laid it there gently...atleast she had to show her interest.

"...what else?" she added in a snide manner. Of course the only one this snide tone was directed at out of them on the table was Zarkin, again he pushed his luck. What was she to do? Hold a blade to his nether regions under the table to stop him from asking minor questions extremely inappropriately.

Zarkin Talker
Horse Trainer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #151 on: November 23, 2010, 06:08:04 AM »

"Alright Ylaya I'm tired of playing nice! I know your an assassin although nobody else knows. But I want you out of my sight. I don't care how rude I am, I want you to leave. Take Ergolach, I don't care what you do, just leave my sight and we wont have a problem" Zarkin said with such an angry tone he forgot that Mallayn and Ergolach were right there.

A true warrior lies within the heart, not the blade!
- Zarkin Talker
Ylaya
Temptress
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #152 on: November 23, 2010, 06:14:00 AM »

What a fool...

Now Ylaya knew exactly what to do and she looked down very sad and sighed. She was trying to look somewhat sad, distressed and panicked all at the same time. She could not have wrote it more perfectly...the fool had lost his temper and now he would lose his friends.

"How can you say such things?"
said Ylaya as she fell to Ergolach's side on the table and pretended to let a few tears go under her hood. She was playing the innocent one and playing the part extremely well.

Galein
Short-Sized Cook
Story Mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #153 on: November 23, 2010, 07:05:25 AM »

Galein

Galein put the freshly roasted taenish onto a large plate. She humbled quietly to herself as she sliced up some weeproots and caroots and spread them around the taenish. She then put a knife and fork on the plate and carried it out of the kitchen.

Walking out, all Galein heard was Bwarth saying, "Aye, I smell! But I smell of the earth! Of the good dirt and ground beneath ya! Not of yer silly flowers or yer 'perfumes'!" Before she could say anything an elf sitting next to the bar stood up and said, "Sir Dwarf. I do not know what you speak of when you talk about elves smelling like perfume. For me, that makes me think you think we elves are lazy and are quite timid. I assure you, that is not the case. My parents were fishermen, from the port of Naurooth. They worked hard to provide for me. They went out in weather that wasn't good for sailing, because the fishing had been so poor. And you know what happened to them? They died. Now, tell me again what you think of elves?"

Another elf across the room added in, "Don't get us wrong. We believe that you dwarves are a very respectable race. It is a shame, though, that you, should taint the name of your race like this. The least you can do now is to answer the lady's question."

Before anyone else could speak, Galein quickly interjected. She spoke with a calm, serious tone that Bwarth has heard several times. "Kophoe. Bwarth, you will answer her question and then say no more. They have every much a right to be here as you do. Tyr Donian is a trading post and you must expect other races to be here. End your rudeness and keep to yourself." Galein's voice wasn't loud, but it was in contrast with the rest of the voices. It wasn't full of laughter as it normally was. Hopefully Bwarth knew better than to continue this arguement.

Galein set the plate of taenish next to the mug. The elf was no longer in her seat, still standing close to Bwarth. 'Let him feel uncomfortable. He deserves it.' she thought.

Hragnúr

For once Jynee was calm throughout the morning. Hragnúr ate breakfast with her and then just sat and talked soothingly to her mother. It was times like this that she thought back through her past. Through the travels she went with her mother, and how she came to be at this place.

She was so zoned out that she didn't even notice how long she sat there in silence, thinking. She collected the dirty dishes, and took her mothers hand. "I'll be back to check on you in a little while." she said, squeezing her mother's hand slightly.

Walking down the stairs, she arrived just in time to hear Galein speak.
'What has that fool got himself into now.' She continued down the stairs to see an elf standing very close to Bwarth with hatred in her eyes. Hragúr quickened her pace and set the dishes in the sink at the back of the kitchen, then walked back out. Keeping her eyes on the elf and Bwarth both, she took the stool right behind Bwarth.

Both he and Hragnúr knew that she could restrain him, especially in his drunken stupor, though it wouldn't be the first time he has tried something while under the influence of ale. Hragnúr was more worried about what the elf could do. She had the look about her that she knew how to fight. 'You can always tell who has fought and who hasn't, Hragnúr thought. 'This one has the look of someone who has fought quite a bit. All I can see in her eyes is darkness and seriousness.'
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 07:06:20 AM by Galein » Logged

Thorin Broadfist
Lonely Smith
Story Mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #154 on: November 23, 2010, 12:47:35 PM »

Thorin

As Thorin and Aster sat at their table, enjoying their food and ignoring Bwarth's little incident, he noticed Tiffan's increased growling. "What could have that dog on edge? It sounds like it see or smells something it hates." Voicing his opinion, "Um, Aster. I don't mean ta be rude, but it seems yer dog has a problem with something here. It might be better if we went out ta the stable to check up on Greg and get some fresh air." Finally glancing over towards the bar where Bwarth was standing, "It seems something ugly might happen, and I'd rather not be here if it does."

Bwarth

A slam on the counter brought Bwarth's attention away from the elf long enough that he finally realized the other elf had just begun to berate him. "Sir Dwarf," she said clearly enough for even him to understand. "I do not know what you speak of when you talk about elves smelling like perfume. For me, that makes me think you think we elves are lazy and are quite timid. I assure you, that is not the case. My parents were fishermen, from the port of Naurooth. They worked hard to provide for me. They went out in weather that wasn't good for sailing, because the fishing had been so poor. And you know what happened to them? They died. Now, tell me again what you think of elves?" As she had been saying this she had taken several steps as was standing right in front of him. Well she's a feisty one, and probably used to not being talked about so honestly!

But before he could open his mouth to speak the other elf piped in, "Don't get us wrong. We believe that you dwarves are a very respectable race. It is a shame, though, that you, should taint the name of your race like this. The least you can do now is to answer the lady's question." Bwarth just glared at the finger that was pointing right back at him. But he glared with an increasingly unnatural amount of fear than he was unaccustomed to feel.

Just as he was about to open his mouth and go on a rant about the considerably large egos of elves and how they flaunt their perceived higher status, Galein stopped him dead in his tracks. "Kophoe. Bwarth, you will answer her question and then say no more. They have every much a right to be here as you do. Tyr Donian is a trading post and you must expect other races to be here. End your rudeness and keep to yourself." He had heard Galein use that voice before, some would say too often, but every time it always ended poorly for Bwarth. He stammered something about it not being right, but Hragnúr had just sat down behind him and he knew where this was going. He sighed and turned towards the elfess, "I still don't like yer kind, never have and never will. But I do admit yer parents do sound more fit to live than most elves. Does that suffice Galein?" He added a sneer to the last bit as he picked his flask up and stalked over to a corner table to be away from the almost catastrophe he had caused.

I am a blacksmith, nothing more, nothing less.
-Thorin Broadfist
Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Mindweaver
Mini-mod

Random person ^^

Homepage
« Reply #155 on: November 23, 2010, 02:18:50 PM »

The dwarf was about to shout out a comeback, as it was clear to see. Probably another stereotypical comment about the common misconceptions around the elves. But before the dwarf could say (or shout) another word, another dwarf - the first one he had met, to be exact, probably the one known as Galein - stepped in and said something in a voice so stern it stopped the loud dwarf in his tracks. The offending dwarf gave an audible sigh and apologised - somewhat - to the elfess. "I still don't like yer kind, never have and never will. But I do admit yer parents do sound more fit to live than most elves. Does that suffice Galein?" He sneered the last few words and walked away from the commotion. Ridgen figured he'd let the chaotic level drop to its original value now. He turned back to Leif.

"I apologise for that little verbal fight that just took place. I hope you understand," Ridgen said. The tone in his voice changed noticeably when he added, "So, any ideas?"

"Everything is a game - some people just don't realise that."
                                                                       - Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Leif Terskun
Golden Wordsmith
Mini-mod

Human, Avennorian

« Reply #156 on: November 23, 2010, 03:56:25 PM »

As Ridgen turned back to him after the rather heated argument, Leif was smiling as broadly as he ever did. He had been very amused by the loud and angry insult passing across the tavern, and now opened his mouth to answer Ridgen.

"On the contrary, I'm sorry that I didn't get involved. It was just so fun to watch, and the lady dwarf made him shut up too soon. I'd rather you passed insults than blows, and more than anything I'd rather I could take part. There's nothing an orator needs more than that thrill, and the dwarf you were arguing with seemed particularly obnoxious. If there's one thing I loathe, it's prejudice. But, to business, shall we? You say that you want to - no, have to - sneak through a Kar'ii port in order to return to Cyhalloi, your home. We know that there's no way you know more about stealth than the Kar'ii, and that they should catch you in their sleep if you do all that muddy crawling along the floor until you bump into a boot which belongs to someone holding a very big knife.

"However, their greatest strength should also be their weak spot. Because we know this, and so do they. Because of this, they won't catch anyone who they couldn't catch in their sleep, because they won't expect that. Suddenly, our goal of making you good enough to sneak past an army of Kar'ii - impossible - becomes that of making you good enough to sneak past an army of sleeping Kar'ii - not easy, but by Grothar it's easier than the former.

"So, which of the people here did you say was an assassin? That one at the bar? Or is it the one who sat down with Bard Gallant over there?"

Leif reached out and took his sandwich, masticating slowly and savouring every delicious mouthful. A three san complimentary charge wasn't enough, you stingy - what? What did he always use to call me? "You -" what?

Now I'm forgetting him. I promised I'd never do that. I need to go back to Marcogg. But first I need to help Ridgen. My past can remain that, for a time at least.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 07:59:34 PM by Leif Terskun » Logged

Words convey knowledge; knowledge is power; thus power lies in words
Leif Terskun
Aster
The Blind Minstrel
Approved Character

Dwarf, Kiingerim

« Reply #157 on: November 23, 2010, 04:03:40 PM »

"Um, Aster. I don't mean ta be rude, but it seems yer dog has a problem with something here. It might be better if we went out ta the stable to check up on Greg and get some fresh air. It seems something ugly might happen, and I'd rather not be here if it does." Aster thought about this, 'What is up with you girl' his descision was made for him when she growled again, "Yes I think some fresh air would be good" he slipped out a lead from his belt and tied it to the dog's neck, "besides I have to make sure that Hero hasn't done anything"

Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Mindweaver
Mini-mod

Random person ^^

Homepage
« Reply #158 on: November 23, 2010, 05:06:53 PM »

Ridgen was rather surprised by Leif's answer. Back then, he was apologizing for the fight, but now he only discovered that Leif ENJOYED it. Well, the fact that Ridgen 'cheated' through means of magic should actually be kept secret. He let his pupils fade back to their usual msty gray colour. Leif's continuing voice snapped Ridgen back to the present.

However, their greatest strength should also be their weak spot. Because we know this, and so do they. Because of this, they won't catch anyone who they couldn't catch in their sleep, because they won't expect that. Suddenly, our goal of making you good enough to sneak past an army of Kar'ii - impossible - becomes that of making you good enough to sneak past an army of sleeping Kar'ii - not easy, but by Grothar it's easier than the former. So, which of the people here did you say was an assassin? That one at the bar? Or is it the one who sat down with Bard Gallant over there?" Leif had a dislike for bards, Ridgen noted. His gaze flew over to the elfess that Leif had indicated - sure enough, she was also an assassin. Ridgen fought back a wave of nausea - desperately hoping that Leif hadn't noticed it. Ridgen tried to mask it off by responding to the question.

"I referred to the one over down with the bard over there. Although..." Ridgen's gaze snapped back to Leif, somewhat slowly. "You were right in thinking that there was an assassin at the bar. So what was your plan?"

"Everything is a game - some people just don't realise that."
                                                                       - Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Ergolach Flowerdew
Erratic Bard
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #159 on: November 23, 2010, 09:50:17 PM »

Ergolach doesn't pay much attention to the little "racial" confilct in the inn as he is firstly quite used to such things and secondly not interested about things that don't involve him.

When Zarkin gets up and goes for something to drink, Ergolach doesn't say anything as he is just waiting for his artwine... then he says calmly, to both Mallayn and Ylaya but partly also only for himself: "What a weird fellow is this Zarkin Talker..."

After a short time, Zarkin comes back with two juices and an ale. Oh, do I have to drink this? Well, why not - 'tis free. "Thank you very much, my friend." Ergolach is visibly annoyed when Zarkin starts to speak to Ylaya. When he insults Ylaya openly, Ergolach says to himself: And here we have his tedious suspicions again. And mayhap I should defend Ylaya to get some more points in this game.

Ergolach clears his throat and then speaks in quiet but exasperated tone: "Dear Zarkin Driveler, I would be verily delighted if you did not speak to Ylaya in such a manner... and I would also like to warn you. Mayhap I do not look dangerous or strong but I do know how to slosh e'en such a huge man as yourself. If you shall continue to behave like a bawdy bampot, I might lose my temper."

Ergolach Flowerdew ['ɛɾɡolax 'flʌuəɾdjʉ]
Zarkin Talker
Horse Trainer
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #160 on: November 24, 2010, 12:36:43 AM »

"Ergolach I'm very sorry for the displeasure I have gave you" Zarkin said with a serious tone of voice and a face looking as serious as his voice. "And Ylaya I am also sorry for the sadness that I have brought to y...." Zarkin paused as he stared at Ylaya. "....Ylaya if you were actually crying why isn't your face streamed with tears?" Zarkin brought up a good point.

She is so sly! How could I have been so stupid! ran Zarkin's thoughts.

A true warrior lies within the heart, not the blade!
- Zarkin Talker
Ylaya
Temptress
Approved Character

Elf, Coór'hém

« Reply #161 on: November 24, 2010, 08:14:06 AM »

"Because I'm no weak bride that needs rescueing..." said Ylaya making it clear she could defend herself and that she was not going to be pushed around by this little man. To add to this comment she sent him a "thousand mile" stare.

"...and if you hate being in the presence of me and Ergolach so much, why don't YOU leave?" she said as she took a sip of the drink he had just brought her. She then gave him a childish smile.

Maybe I kill this one
she thought to herself as one of her hands touched the hilt of her jagged blade weaponary under her cloak. Of course she wouldn't do it now.

Maybe later.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 08:15:13 AM by Ylaya » Logged

Mallayn Galnodren
Searching Speaker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

Homepage
« Reply #162 on: November 24, 2010, 01:18:04 PM »

Mallayn could not take this anymore. The discussion at this table was growing increasingly... well, boring.
Not only was she excluded, it basically consisted of Ylaya manipulating both the men into greater and greater jealousy and hostility. It was time for a change.
"If you all don't mind, I think I will go see what other conversation is to be had." she stated, not really caring either way. "I would like to thank you, Zarkin, for the drink, and Ergolach, for the lovely music. Farewell."
Mallayn stood and scanned the tavern once more. One dwarf had just gotten up and appeared to be leaving; most of the others did not seem as though they would not welcome an addition to their group. The elf at the bar, she decided, and quickly put her thought into action.
"Excuse me, ma'am, but I feel that I am no longer welcome at my table. May I join you here and perhaps converse?"

And you shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
Mallayn Galnodren
Phlegah Sphirn
Crafty Spellcrafter
Approved Character

Orc, Volkek-Oshra

« Reply #163 on: November 24, 2010, 10:51:32 PM »

Phlegah was starting to feel her anger rise. Was she invisible? Did these dwarf waiters and waitresses not see her? She thought that the fact that she was at the bar probably would have given away the fact that she was wanting something to drink, but apparently it didn't. Maybe the suggestions she heard from her friends among the Zirghurim Dwarves about this place wasn't correct, these dwarves weren't friendly to outsiders. Phlegah saw Pai'Orin look up at her, it seemed the cat really was in tune with her feelings. Pai'Orin began to rub herself against Phlegah and the mageling felt her emotions return to normal almost immediately. Phlegah wasn't sure, but it was possible that Pai'Orin blinked at her at that point, almost saying, 'just as well I watch you', to the Volkek-Oshra. Phlegah laughed at that, a deep throated laugh, melodic in its own way, though definitely not a standard female sound, probably more akin to a male voice as opposed to a female voice. The voice was at odds with the feminine curves that could be seen even through the robes that Phlegah was wearing, so she was clearly a female, and not a male.

Phlegah heard the growling dog in the tavern and sighed ... Pai'Orin would be trying her disappearing trick ... sure enough Pai'Orin managed to bury her way through the robes that the mageling was wearing and was now purring in there. Phlegah spoke in a voice that was clearly female, but deeper than that of most females, "I'm looking for a smith. Specifically a Thorin Broadfist. Would he be in here at the moment. I have a job I need to get done and I'm willing to pay well for it."

If that didn't work, she'd head out of here and go elsewhere, maybe even back to Bardavos ... at least there the staff behind the counter knew how to serve drinks!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 06:58:57 AM by Phlegah Sphirn » Logged

Don't burn yourself ... that's MY job!
Phle's CD
Galein
Short-Sized Cook
Story Mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2010, 05:42:25 AM »

Gapad

Gapad was watching the argument intently. She knew what problems Bwarth could cause and hoped it was diverted. As he stormed off to a corner of the room, she became aware of her surroundings. Right beside her at the bar was an orc! Gapad jumped a little at the sight, startled by the sudden appearance of somethings she wasn't expecting.'How long has it been standing there?' she thought. She couldn't tell whether it was a male or female orc, but it seemed peaceful, and even had a pet cat sitting on its lap.

It spoke in a deep voice, though not as deep as a male, saying, "I'm looking for a smith. Specifically a Thorin Broadfist. Would he be in here at the moment. I have a job I need to get done and I'm willing to pay well for it."

Gapad put on a smile and said, "Thorin is here somewhere..." she paused as she looked around the room. "Ah! Right over there. Would you like a drink to go join them with?" She asked as she pointed toward Thorin.

Galein

Galein sighed as she watched Bwarth move to a corner of the room. She turned to the elfess and said, "Sorry, he is hardly ever sober. I hope the food makes up for any problems he caused with you. I'll just have Bwarth pay for it later, so no cost to you." Giving a apologetic smile she set the coins back on the counter next to the mug of ale.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 05:46:45 AM by Galein » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]