Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Story Idea: Northern Sarvonia Investigative Service (NSIS)  (Read 648 times)
Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« on: September 01, 2010, 06:36:02 AM »

Title: Northern Sarvonia Investigative Service (NSIS)

Moderators: Deklitch Hardin (Main)
Co-Moderators: Magic Expert/Northern Sarvonia Experts would be great.

Number of Player Characters: Up to 8 in total. We want enough for the group to be able to keep safe and make things interesting, but not too many that people the mods are overwhelmed.

Type of Player Characters: Investigative type characters, mages, warriors, those who like wandering or who have a special interest in Northern Sarvonia. People who are able to survive in the wilderness would be useful, as would those who have knowledge of parts of Northern Sarvonia
Variety is the key to any successful storyline, yet every story has its specific needs when it comes to types of characters, so this has a lot of flexibility depending on the Moderator and the plot line of the story. But Moderators, make sure to be fair in your choices and do not simply turn someone away because of the occupation or training. There is always a way to incorporate people if you have a good imagination flexibility we believe you do. Be careful about warrior heavy stories and mage heavy stories, as they will greatly outbalance any traveling party for obvious reasons.

Basic Story Outline:
Compendiumist, scholar, entertainer and 'retired' Black Butterfly Rover, Deklitch Hardin is intrigued and engrossed by the wonders of Northern Sarvonia. He is iso engrossed in it that he has given up life in Santharia, to live in Northern Sarvonia, or more precisely amongst the Blessed Sea Elves in order to further his studies of the peoples, sights and wonders of that region of Caelereth. He has put out a call to the brave, daring and perhaps even the foolhardy to join him in these journeys, as he knows of the dangers of the untamed north. Together, the group will travel where few dare to tread, risking life and limb for the secrets of the unknown that surely await this hardy band of adventurers. So, prepare your spells, hold on tight to your weapons, rely on your wits, be ready for the unexpected and have your affairs in order as you join the Northern Sarvonia Investigative Service based out of the Blessed Sea Elves city of Silvern on the shores of Eight Winds Bay ... on the eastern shoreline of the peninsular of Kru'ul to be precise.

Additional Information:
This story has been kind of dwelling in the back of my head for some time now. I see several things on the go at one time ... including multiple threads. Some back at the base of operations, others out in the field, or visiting people/being asked to look into things for interested parties ... basically a combination of the linear stories (eg Destiny), Sandbox (eg The Palce) and Home Sweet Home (eg Azalahn's Inn) stories.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 06:43:10 AM by Deklitch Hardin » Logged

Seeking the truth, whatever the cost! - Deklitch Hardin, Elf Friend
Jenna Silverbirch
Wandering Storyteller
Approved Character

Hafling, Dogodan

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 08:11:44 PM »

Dek, if you don't mind me saying so- I really really love this idea! It's really rather original and I'm sure you'll be able to pull it off. I particularly like that it could allow for plenty of dev crossovers, perhaps with people actually writing up dev entries they 'discovered' in the story.

I suppose I'd probably join as Jenna, if you'd accept me, as while I'm rather itching to use some of my other characters, I'm mainly just itching to start roleplaying again in general, and she is a writer, compendiumist and general wandering incurably curious nosy-pants. It's also incredibly fitting seeing as several of my half-done dev entries concern the north.

I really hope you get this off the ground, and would love to join, if you'll have me.

The world’s so full of wonder, it’d be a shameful waste to live without seeing as much of it as you could’ve.
Jenna Silverbirch -  Burrow by the Sea - Jenna's hobbit hole
Jenna's Creations
Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 04:07:57 AM »

Hi Jenna heart

Yes, I'd definitely love to have you as part of this story!

Update: Preparing the more detailed proposal for Alt and Kali as I type this.

Deklitch Hardin
Truth Seeker
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 08:09:15 AM »

Life has become crazier for me ... almost the day after I posted this story idea. I don't see how I can fit this in for the foreseeable future.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]