Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

- THE CD FORUM POSTICON SYSTEM -

Below is a summary on the posticons used for the character description approval process. The posticon of the first post should always be edited according to the current state of completion of the character description (either by the player, a Moderator or an Administrator).
1) PLAYER - CD is incomplete. Use this posticon if you have not finished your CD.  4) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by one moderator. A second mod's approval is needed.
 2) PLAYER - CD is completed. Use this if you have finished working on your CD.  5) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by two moderators. An Administrator should soon take care of the titling.
 3) MODERATOR - An expert's opinion is needed. The specific field in which the expert's help is needed should be added to the title.  6) ADMINISTRATOR - An administrator has titled the character, and the thread will soon be moved to the CD Archives.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gilith/ Gondolwenmith/ Mercenary/ Ranger  (Read 22292 times)
Gilith
Wandering Woodsmen
Mini-mod

Human, Gondolwenmith

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2012, 08:10:26 AM »

I relize that there are a few spelling and grammer errors but so far how is Gilith's military history.

Aye, I've my fair share of scars. Perhaps a bit too many to be honest, decent sign of a careless man. But those don't bother me, they heal, and even if they don't heal right I've always found a way to deal with 'em. The ones I can see at least, the others...the ones inside. They aren't so easy to forget about, they don't heal like the others do. They might heal in a day, a week, a year. Or maybe some like mine, won't ever heal at all. There's no getting past these scars, you can't treat it, you can't cover it up, and you can't find a way around it. But, there comes a day, when you learn to live it, and you stop living in the past, so you can do what your able for the future.

Gilith
Gilith
Wandering Woodsmen
Mini-mod

Human, Gondolwenmith

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2012, 10:15:53 AM »

Just how unlickly is it to have a mithral sword?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:16:49 AM by Gilith » Logged

Aye, I've my fair share of scars. Perhaps a bit too many to be honest, decent sign of a careless man. But those don't bother me, they heal, and even if they don't heal right I've always found a way to deal with 'em. The ones I can see at least, the others...the ones inside. They aren't so easy to forget about, they don't heal like the others do. They might heal in a day, a week, a year. Or maybe some like mine, won't ever heal at all. There's no getting past these scars, you can't treat it, you can't cover it up, and you can't find a way around it. But, there comes a day, when you learn to live it, and you stop living in the past, so you can do what your able for the future.

Gilith
Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
Story Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2012, 10:20:19 AM »

Very very unlikely, as the rough price for a shot glass of just mithrilan mineral is 3,000 sans. It's only found in one place in all of Caelereth, so...yeah...it's very rare.

Gilith
Wandering Woodsmen
Mini-mod

Human, Gondolwenmith

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 10:21:12 AM »

Ah thank you very much.

Gilith
Gilith
Wandering Woodsmen
Mini-mod

Human, Gondolwenmith

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 06:59:03 AM »

I added in a setion for Giliths military and earased the Septer of tarshin ships as well as went through a spell check how is it?

Gilith
Azalahn
Dance of Sorrow
Mini-mod

Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2012, 07:46:25 AM »

Nice history. I really love it.

Gilith
Wandering Woodsmen
Mini-mod

Human, Gondolwenmith

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 08:38:09 AM »

Thanks I really apreciate that. But are there any minor or major flaws in it.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 08:39:02 AM by Gilith » Logged

Gilith
Alýr (Rayne)
Dreamress
Story Mod

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2012, 09:04:34 AM »

"Honorable Discharge" and "Commander" seem very, very modern to me. Keep in mind that the time in Santharia is equivalent to about 1671 in Europe. There are no commanders or honorable discharges. There are simple men with chain-mail armor and helms. The military structure is barely a structure--with knights and pages and simple footmen. Think less Saving Private Ryan and more King Arthur and the Round Table.

You may have a Captain of the Guard. Would that work? And there's probably no honorable discharge to be had. If you want to leave, you better count on being a deserter. But hey, you're leaving Nybelmar anyway, right?  Roll Eyes

Gilith
Wandering Woodsmen
Mini-mod

Human, Gondolwenmith

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2012, 09:17:52 AM »

Lol truthfuly though I've never seen the movie. But I am a king arthur fanatic so sure sounds great. But what if Giliths time he enlisted for just expired would that work. It would just seem a little hard to be a mercenary in the same country your a deserter. Though that would be an interesting catch for why he wanted to leave.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 09:26:25 AM by Gilith » Logged

Gilith
Gilith
Wandering Woodsmen
Mini-mod

Human, Gondolwenmith

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2012, 10:24:46 PM »

Hows this. I replaced the captain with a lord and replaced discharged with being released from his vow.

Gilith
Alýr (Rayne)
Dreamress
Story Mod

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2012, 10:07:05 AM »

Captain works for me! I don't know about the vow... A vow is generally policed by the one who gives it. A knight willingly gives his vow to his lord, pledging a life of dedication and service. A knight is responsible for cherishing the vow, for always doing what is in the best interest of his lord--for being valorous and brave in the face of dangers that may threaten him, for willingly sacrificing for that which may benefit him, and for leading a life of justice and humility.

I suppose, theoretically, a knight can rescind his service to a lord--particularly is that lord proves himself to be unworthy of a knight's loyalty. But without reason, a knight rescinding his vow, even if done with the consent of his lord, would most likely be viewed dishonorably. There's really no way around that, at least that I can see.

Cyradin Lawabel
Masterful Merchant
Approved Character

Human, Kyranian

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2012, 10:57:14 AM »

If he's now saying he's released from the vow ... doesn't that mean his Lord is telling him his service is no longer needed, and he can do whatever he wants?

Chasing Rabbits!
Cyr's CD
Gilith
Wandering Woodsmen
Mini-mod

Human, Gondolwenmith

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2012, 11:32:58 AM »

Yes exactly. But I think I will make him a deserter and thats why hes leaving the continent.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:36:17 AM by Gilith » Logged

Gilith
Gilith
Wandering Woodsmen
Mini-mod

Human, Gondolwenmith

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2012, 11:55:36 AM »

I hope thats better. I changed some stuff completly and put back in some other stuff. I also think that being a deserter would be a perfect reason for leaving the continent. Also Should I add that as a weakness?

Gilith
Alýr (Rayne)
Dreamress
Story Mod

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2012, 01:16:11 PM »

If a lord is telling you that your services are no longer needed, you probably did something you shouldn't have.  Roll Eyes

I think the history looks good! Some of your weaknesses aren't necessarily weaknesses, though. Kindness, Quiet, and Restless are more aspects of your personality than weaknesses, I think. Overlooking is kind of borderline... but I think it's OK to keep as a weakness for now.  ;)

I think this CD is close to done! Hopefully we can get you out RPing on the boards soon!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]