Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

- THE CD FORUM POSTICON SYSTEM -

Below is a summary on the posticons used for the character description approval process. The posticon of the first post should always be edited according to the current state of completion of the character description (either by the player, a Moderator or an Administrator).
1) PLAYER - CD is incomplete. Use this posticon if you have not finished your CD.  4) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by one moderator. A second mod's approval is needed.
 2) PLAYER - CD is completed. Use this if you have finished working on your CD.  5) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by two moderators. An Administrator should soon take care of the titling.
 3) MODERATOR - An expert's opinion is needed. The specific field in which the expert's help is needed should be added to the title.  6) ADMINISTRATOR - An administrator has titled the character, and the thread will soon be moved to the CD Archives.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gilith/ Gondolwenmith/ Mercenary/ Ranger  (Read 22657 times)
Cyradin Lawabel
Masterful Merchant
Approved Character

Human, Kyranian

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2012, 01:37:21 PM »

Or maybe it is that you've reached a certain age and it is tradition for people reaching that age to leave the service. Or maybe you have received an injury which prevents them from doing the job. Or you have been given a different area of responsibility which means you can't do it any more. There could be other things than just simply because you've done something you should have.

Regarding the 'mental' weaknesses ...
I personally feel those things can be considered weaknesses as well as aspects of personality, much like things can and should be included in history as well as Strengths and Weaknesses (or weapons/magic/familiar/equipment) and strengths and weaknesses.

If you are kind, for example, it sort of means you are likely to behave or not behave in certain ways. That could have major impact on your ability to go through with your colleagues if you had to sneak in somewhere and steal something of importance, for example. From my way of thinking that would negatively impact on your character and force them to behave in a particular manner.

Quiet, well, from my point of view that could be a strength (for example trying to get past the enemy without them being aware of your presence) or a weakness (not being heard by your companions if something noisy is nearby). So it is impacting on your ability to do what you're trying to do.

Restless, is something that I consider is a weakness because I figure that a person who is restless would be unable to remain in the one place for too long, that they are always looking for somewhere else to go, something else to explore, and probably never really putting down roots or making permanent friends with people.

Overlooking ... well if your character overlooks the fact that the sword behind the sleeping guard is being protected by a dog/wolf/something I would consider that a weakness for your character.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't fully understand why strengths/weaknesses seem to now be being considered only in terms of physical things, and not mental things.

But it isn't my job to worry about such things. I'm just thankful that my characters with their mentally based weaknesses aren't currently trying to get approved. :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:41:05 PM by Cyradin Lawabel » Logged

Chasing Rabbits!
Cyr's CD
Alýr (Rayne)
Dreamress
Story Mod

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2012, 02:31:42 PM »

Kindness could also win you the favor of people. Quietness could keep you from getting in trouble for saying too much. Restlessness means you get to travel more and see more of the world, helping you gain valuable knowledge about people and places. I consider those aspects of personality that could go either way to be of no relation to Strengths and Weaknesses. Anger is generally only negative, so I consider that a weaknesses.

And with those weaknesses removed, I still approve of the character, Cyradin. Having the weaknesses removed will not lessen the chance of the character being approved, but increase it.

Gilith
Wandering Woodsmen
Mini-mod

Human, Gondolwenmith

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2012, 09:36:05 PM »

So then ill get rid of those weaknesses. All except Relentlessnes. Simply because thay was the sole reason for Gilith deserting which was a bad idea since he wanted to keep liveing in the same continent. I hope that's hope thats ok with you ad if it's not ill change that right away.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 09:41:10 PM by Gilith » Logged

Aye, I've my fair share of scars. Perhaps a bit too many to be honest, decent sign of a careless man. But those don't bother me, they heal, and even if they don't heal right I've always found a way to deal with 'em. The ones I can see at least, the others...the ones inside. They aren't so easy to forget about, they don't heal like the others do. They might heal in a day, a week, a year. Or maybe some like mine, won't ever heal at all. There's no getting past these scars, you can't treat it, you can't cover it up, and you can't find a way around it. But, there comes a day, when you learn to live it, and you stop living in the past, so you can do what your able for the future.

Gilith
Alýr (Rayne)
Dreamress
Story Mod

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2012, 01:42:57 AM »

That's fine with me. I'm good with this. I'll check in with the other Moderators to see if we can get you titled and onto the boards! Thanks, Gilith!

Gilith
Wandering Woodsmen
Mini-mod

Human, Gondolwenmith

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2012, 06:37:07 AM »

Woo Hoo! Thanks a bunch this is great I would love to start roleplaying with you guys. grin
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 06:45:14 AM by Gilith » Logged

Aye, I've my fair share of scars. Perhaps a bit too many to be honest, decent sign of a careless man. But those don't bother me, they heal, and even if they don't heal right I've always found a way to deal with 'em. The ones I can see at least, the others...the ones inside. They aren't so easy to forget about, they don't heal like the others do. They might heal in a day, a week, a year. Or maybe some like mine, won't ever heal at all. There's no getting past these scars, you can't treat it, you can't cover it up, and you can't find a way around it. But, there comes a day, when you learn to live it, and you stop living in the past, so you can do what your able for the future.

Gilith
Alýr (Rayne)
Dreamress
Story Mod

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2012, 10:15:33 AM »

Hey, Gilith--I just wanted to let you know that the CD Moderators discussed military ranks and have decided that traditional ranks are OK to use in CDs. I'm sorry to have made you do needless editing! If you wish to change "captain" back to "commander", or use any additional military ranks, you're more than welcome. I hope you'll accept my apologies and hopefully I can make it up to you by getting you approval.  ;)

Gilith
Wandering Woodsmen
Mini-mod

Human, Gondolwenmith

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2012, 10:21:38 AM »

Ha! an approvel is worth far more than a few minutes of editing.

Gilith
Gilith
Wandering Woodsmen
Mini-mod

Human, Gondolwenmith

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2012, 10:25:22 AM »

I replaced Commander and captain and again thank you this means a lot to me. :)

Gilith
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2012, 10:32:34 AM »

Second Approval. :D

I'll have you titled right away. Congrats, Gilith.  Enjoy.

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
CD Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2013, 02:38:35 PM »

Brought up as requested. :D

Gilith
Wandering Woodsmen
Mini-mod

Human, Gondolwenmith

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2013, 06:02:16 AM »

Thanks Seh!  grin I'm done with the edits now. I did a ton of sorely needed grammatical and spelling corrections all throughout the CD as well as a little something under neath of Gilith's blade strength. I'm pretty sure that someone needs to look at that but if they are ok with it then I am done.

Gilith
Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
CD Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2013, 06:10:47 AM »

Highlight your major revisions and I'll look at it. :)

Gilith
Wandering Woodsmen
Mini-mod

Human, Gondolwenmith

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2013, 06:19:22 AM »

Done. Thank you Seh  grin

Gilith
Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
CD Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2013, 09:53:19 PM »

Bladed weapons: Gilith can use a few bladed weapons with good skill such as daggers and knives. Nothing to brag about of course but better than most. Though he still proves to be quite the foe with his daggers as he still manages to overpower or outsmart his opponent. What he really shines at is the sword. His nicely made Bastard sword gives him the advantage of being able to use a shield if he finds one. But since most of the time he doesn't have one he is able to use the extra handle on the bottom of the sword to wield it well with two hands and indeed he wields it well, masterfully in fact. This has taught him how to wield one handed straight blades and two handed straight blades.

Gilith has learned three different styles of sword play in his many years of fighting. The first kind was taught to him by his father. Which was a style that revolved around outsmarting your enemy with so called dirty tricks and using the basics of swordsmanship to finish them off. The second was the one taught to him by the swords master of the unit he had been apart of in the Gondolwenmith military. This style is was a very advanced style that revolves around outmaneuvering your enemy through skillful method's. Almost like a fencing style of sword play. Yet not as swift and utilizing the power of a larger sword. The third was a type of combat taught to him to fight on ships. Where the room was very scarce and friend and foe alike stood only a ford or two away from you. This has helped him to learn to fight with his sword while having little room to do so.

I think knowing three styles of swordfighting is pretty advanced and something to brag about. ;) With the new revisions I'd consider your character slightly overpowered. I'd suggest something like restricting the last style to daggers only, cause seeing your strength in daggers, using a sword in close combat seems very illogical.

Gilith
Wandering Woodsmen
Mini-mod

Human, Gondolwenmith

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2013, 04:51:13 AM »

Oh, wait I think there is some confusion here. Gilith doesn't have anything other than a basic understanding of how to wield daggers, His real strength lies with his swordplay which is the only thing those three styles apply to. I suppose that I only mention him being able to outsmart his opponents and overpower them because of his sixteen years of combat experience and twenty of training.

Do you think that I should make that a bit clearer in my CD? and do you also think that I should leave out what styles he has been trained in? Or rather since that seems possibly over powered just list one?

Thank you for pointing this out by the way.

Gilith
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]