Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: R'vahr, Hunter in Darkness  (Read 21721 times)
Rvahr the Hunter
Hunter in Darkness
Approved Character

Human, Phthia R'mart Eyelian

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2005, 12:12:22 PM »

Wow, this is usefull, :worship thanks so much:worship , Ive got a serious god to worship. H'lf'ik has me from the start! Dont matter that i could never pronounce his name:noidea , thats for R'vahr to do!

edit

H'lf'ik Has been put out, and the silent one is gone... if there are any other refereces to foreign gods, let me know.

I know where you're hiding, I may have no eyes, but you reek of fear. You are a stain upon my senses. I can feel you shiver against the cold, I can hear your breath escape your lips, and I can taste the sweat on your brow. With that in mind, you have reason to be deathly afraid.

-R'vahr the Hunter

Edited by: Rvahr the Hunter  at: 8/5/05 4:17

There is a flavor to life, and I intend to taste it deeply.

-R'vahr, The Hunter in Darkness
Alýr (Rayne)
Dreamress
CD Mod

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2005, 01:36:22 PM »

H'lf'ik looks like a good match. I approve.

And I approve of the CD. I think it is very well written.

Did you have any other questions/concerns about this CD?

Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2005, 01:50:22 PM »

nope.. now i can put my fulllest attentions on kain.. and learning the magic system... i think all of my spells were made by you... infact, i think all of the wind spells are made by you huh? I guess I derseve you a hug :hug ... you should make a character.. she can be kains freind... not R'vahr's though... he dont get no friends... he gets angry to much:guilty  

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

-Kain Cristar, Divine Aspect
Khiera Meneris
Troubled Wanderer
Approved Character

Human, Hjoria

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2005, 02:57:22 AM »

R'vahr, can you remember which two Mods/Admins gave you their approval? I don't remember giving my approval on this CD, but you must have been approved, because you are titled.

I say this because i can't remember much of your original CD, and thus do not know how much you have rewritten it. I started reading your CD, and came across two things that i know would have not gotten the green light ... from me anyway:

1. Your ferret and his unusual qualities.

2. Your mithril gauntlet.  

Rvahr the Hunter
Hunter in Darkness
Approved Character

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2005, 07:58:22 AM »

Luca... i think... and sturmwind... i know... and uh... im not sure about the last one. I know that you did not put allot of input into r'vahr, though he did have allot of input from everybody. Most people were more concerned with his blindness and the sight that he could use, and that my history made sence. Actually the fight with the shark made more of a splash than the mithril gauntlets... If you want I could make a long backstory for them, about how they were forged to fight the orc hordes by R'vahr's tribe a millienia ago.. To create fear and doubt. It does not really matter. I would rather not lose them though, considering I have rped with them for a long time, dispite my absence. If you want I will Copy Paste the original here and you can compare them? I am fairly sure I just kept it all to style, but there may indeed be some changes. I can tell you know though, that the history is straight copy paste.

oh and the ferret got a huge push from the creator of the scorcher... They said that ferrets were not maternal enough to take care of a blind boy... He said that these definatly were, as are most ferrets, he also said that ferrets are more intelligent than cats.

I reviewed it and i did make some changes. I made R'vahr seem much more vulnerable in hand to hand combat, and made sure to note more than once that Mepher was a good fighter, because alot of the poeple i rped with seemed to think that all he did is screech and scratch then get knocked out.

I know where you're hiding, I may have no eyes, but you reek of fear. You are a stain upon my senses. I can feel you shiver against the cold, I can hear your breath escape your lips, and I can taste the sweat on your brow. With that in mind, you have reason to be deathly afraid.

-R'vahr the Hunter

Edited by: Rvahr the Hunter  at: 8/6/05 0:03

Erián'melór
The Shadow of Death
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2005, 09:08:22 AM »

I think the main problem is your ferret. His abilities are simply not possible in Santharia. I would suggest making it a normal ferret, or choosing another familiar from the beastiary.;)  

Erian Melor~The spark of life rests upon the edge of a knife.
~Elf Age Calculator
~Measures Converter

Rvahr the Hunter
Hunter in Darkness
Approved Character

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2005, 08:14:22 AM »

what abilities? aside from the sight ability, he is a regular scorcher... so i have no idea of what you speak... and magically, it is possible for them to trade sight. They are bonded, their carrall is practically one with all the xuanna links that join them. dont ever try to get me ont the spelling of xuanna, im tired, and i just got back from school.

I reread this and saw the tone it seems to be in.. im not at all angry at you. I was just really wondering what abilities you were talking about. I dont get angry at people who know what they are talking about and crit my char, and i rarely get angry at people who have no idea of what they are talking about and crit my char. It all helps me make a better character.

Considering that it is widly accepted that Something bonds any eyelian to his familiar, you cant really ask "Well what completed the sight bonds so that they could do it" The answer is whatever created the bonds with the rest of the Eyelians.

-R'vahr the Hunter

Edited by: Rvahr the Hunter  at: 8/6/05 0:18

Erián'melór
The Shadow of Death
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2005, 09:34:22 AM »

Quote:
Mepher is a powerfull warrior. His bones are laced with metals stronger than steel, and almost impossible to break. Once, when hurled into a stone wall, the wall broke before he did. The ferret's thick hide protects him from everything from explosions to knives and claws. Mepher sports needle like fangs that are also laced with a steel like metal, they easily slide into his foes necks to rip out the jugular. His claws are like small daggers, once again, laced with enhanced steel, they are razor sharp and are used the slice his foes open, particually the stomach. Mepher lastly has his tail, which has muscles like cords of iron. The tail can be alit with a sulfur based flame, which he uses to cause alot of distracting damage... such as burning down walls, taverns, forests, clothing... it goes on and on.

You don't see anything wrong with that paragraph? I have problems with his thick hide, his metal laced bones, his metal laced fangs, and the tail with muscles like cords of iron. Not to mention setting the ferret on fire. Just because this is a fantasy world does not mean it should not be realistic. I have no problem with you having a ferret, but please describe him like a ferret! I don't believe a ferret could be trained to fight, they are more thieves than anything else. I've had ferrets, so I know this from personal experience. If you want a familiar that fights along the side of your char, then perhaps a ferret is not the appropriate familiar.

~Elf Age Calculator
~Measures Converter

Rvahr the Hunter
Hunter in Darkness
Approved Character

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2005, 08:53:22 AM »

with all that stuff.. yea read the scorcher entry... its all there... and anything that you live with for a decade is going to protect you. I like the ferret. the setting itself on fire... its there... the metal lacedbones... that are stronger than steel... yea thats there too... So I added teh agressiveness, but thats a personality trait, Mepher is an agressive ferret. That is just his personality... say he was abused as a child... be happy;)  

oh and the cords of iron thing, that just means that he can swing it back and forth and light things on fire. It does not mean that he acually has cords of iron in his tail... its like a metaphor.. it just means that the tail muscles are strong.

Yea i know it says that fire ferrets try to run unless attacked... R'vahr is like an extention of Mepher, and Mepher has never attacked without R'vahr being attacked first.

-R'vahr the Hunter

Edited by: Rvahr the Hunter  at: 8/6/05 1:06

Erián'melór
The Shadow of Death
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2005, 10:03:22 AM »

Quote:
The Fire Ferret is also able to digest metals, purifying and refining them in its body; the dross is excreted along with its other fecal wastes while the pure forms are bonded to its teeth and claws. As these body parts begin to wear, the metallic build-up is redirected to replace any deficiencies. If necessary, excess metal is stored within the bones of the Fire Ferret or excreted in the droppings as a last resort.

I stand corrected.;)  Maybe it would help if you mentioned that the ferret was a scorcher? I try to do my homework before I comment, but I have to know which entry to look at first.

~Elf Age Calculator
~Measures Converter

Rvahr the Hunter
Hunter in Darkness
Approved Character

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2005, 09:10:22 AM »

its kewl... mepher is now a link to the scorcher entry... i think it does say he is a Scorcher... but i will reread the entry for it to be happy... Lol... I would never make that all up.. that would be horribly unsantharian of me... WOW i cant imagine being that ignorant. anyways.... It is way kewl about the ferret, I understand what you saw now... i though that you realized that he was a scorcher and were just not getting it.;)

And if you want to know why i like haveing a fire ferret, its because It makes R'vahr more unique. Also i like the idea of a three palmspan tall Ferret that killz things.. If you measure it out with your palms, you realize that that is quite big. Oh and the reason, Mepher ate extremely well, he had R'vahr hunting for him, and buying good steel with his money that he got from hunting.. which means that if lead is almost as strong as steel and i can bend lead with my bare hands easy... then mepher's bones are neigh indestructable.  

-R'vahr the Hunter

Edited by: Rvahr the Hunter  at: 8/6/05 1:15

Erián'melór
The Shadow of Death
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2005, 10:23:22 AM »

Just wanted to mention that your link to the scorcher entry doesn't work. Try entering this instead:

[link=http://www.santharia.com/bestiary/ferret_fire.htm newwindow]Mepher[/link]

~Elf Age Calculator
~Measures Converter

Rvahr the Hunter
Hunter in Darkness
Approved Character

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2005, 09:31:22 AM »

fixed, i just forgot the httppart  :dummy

-R'vahr the Hunter

Edited by: Rvahr the Hunter  at: 8/6/05 1:32

Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2005, 04:09:22 PM »

Is it just me or does the ferret entry itself seem way too powerful? I mean... metal bones, excreting sulphur, fire related things, its really thick hide... this thing is invincible. You can't cut its head off because it has a really thick hide and it's really agile and fast so you couldn't get ahold of it; you can't beat it to death; you can't poison it; I think the only way to kill it would be to drown it, and it's not always in someone's best interest to be dragging a tub of water to drown small flaming rodents in...

I know in the long run my opinion doesn't count, but I think this thing would cancel out nearly any weaknesses, seeing as how it's a better fighter than most player characters (how many of them can set you on fire and claw you to death in three seconds?) and definately a match for anything else. Unless it's wielder is a corpse, I'm not really comfortable with this thing... And since it can see for you, the blindness isn't really that much of a weakness... it'd be like me losing my legs, but then getting bionic ones that allow me to jump over buildings.

Think about if you had a human character that did all this. Would that ever be allowed? Of course not. And this thing is probably more dangerous, because it's a smaller target.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

"It’s better to die whimpering like a little girl than trying to be a hero."
-Anonymous

"Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; The best of life is but intoxication."
- Lord Byron
Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2005, 02:09:22 AM »

that would be kewl... but in real rping... Mepher rarely damages anything... People just dont take a ferret seriously. And he is fairly large. I tried to realy make it a big deal that he can fight, because in past fights he has been beaten with a broomstick and a backhand... that was just lame.. a scorcher is a formitable opponent. Lastly, his hide is not that thick, it is thick enough to lessen the damage of a dagger slash (not stab) just like leather armor.. no stronger than that, i will make that more apperent. The thing with the blindness is this... yea he can use it for short periods of time, and very rarely. And when he does the vision is blurred and extremely hard to make out, nothing like a humans sight, where everything is crisp and in three dimentions... were talking 2 dimentions wide angle ferret vision, and each time he uses it he is basicly confused and dazed and in pain afterward... so its more like haveing your legs cut off and getting two pegs that you can only put on when you really really need to run from all those people who you are tired of acting like your ferret cant do jack @#%$.

Mepher can be killzed... use your spear, your long sword whatever your choice of death is... especially spells. He cannot be poisoned really, though deadly poisons would make him alittle sick maybe. And the best thing to do is to trick him, i listed two weaknesses, he likes to steal and he likes to take food and stuff from girls. Just now Teri was holding him in her hands, she could have stabbed a small shiv in his stomach and killed him... I would probably go into a rampage and destroy the state of california in rage, but she sure could have.:lol  

Thanks for your input though, ill change that asap.
Edit
I explained the whole hide thing, and am wondering what i should say about the mithril, Do you want me to make a history on it? I would just like to see what you would require this time around to pass the weapon.  ;)  

Edited by: Kain Cristar  at: 8/8/05 19:39

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

-Kain Cristar, Divine Aspect
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]