Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: R'vahr, Hunter in Darkness  (Read 21727 times)
Erián'melór
The Shadow of Death
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2005, 05:04:22 AM »

I would recommend dropping the mithril and simply having the gauntlet crafted out of steel. Mithril is extremely rare, and I doubt your char could possess such a gauntlet. If you are determined to keep the mithril gauntlet, then I expect a detailed history on the gauntlet itself and on how your char obtained it.

Erian Melor~The spark of life rests upon the edge of a knife.
~Elf Age Calculator
~Measures Converter

Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2005, 04:08:22 AM »

Oh I want it alright, and i wished that they had said no when i first asked about it monthes and mothes ago:biggrin  ... but I really want to concentrate on magic and kain... so ill killz it to triple folded steel.;)  :evil  

Edited by: Kain Cristar  at: 8/9/05 20:01

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

-Kain Cristar, Divine Aspect
Rvahr the Hunter
Hunter in Darkness
Approved Character

Human, Phthia R'mart Eyelian

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2005, 08:40:22 AM »

The gauntlet is now steel... That should be everything?:evil  Lets get this party started!:devilish  

I know where you're hiding, I may have no eyes, but you reek of fear. You are a stain upon my senses. I can feel you shiver against the cold, I can hear your breath escape your lips, and I can taste the sweat on your brow. With that in mind, you have reason to be deathly afraid.

-R'vahr the Hunter

There is a flavor to life, and I intend to taste it deeply.

-R'vahr, The Hunter in Darkness
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Mini-mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2005, 08:00:22 AM »

R'vahr, I went with you though your CD when you did it the first time, I think I proposed the possibility to see through your ferret.
This is a very well written and elaborated  CD, you put a lot of effort and time in it. But you are much too strong. I don't know, if you have changed it, basically it is the same, but now it seems to me, that your blindness does not outweight your superior skills in every thing else, surviving in the wild (even without ferret) etc.. I won't pick on this however anymore, you have been already approved. I don't know, if I was mod already at that time and I did approve you.
However, meanwhile I have played with you, and there your ferret turned out to be a weapon so mighty - it would never have gone through. Maybe even more mistakes have been made . f.e. I doubt, that such a ferret can be a pet at all (only meager family bonds), that you as not being of Eyelian blood can seek the spirit at all (that is not mentioned in the entry, if other people could do it as well).

It was an error back then to approve you. Sorry.

So what I now ask of you - for a fair roleplay - to tone down Mepher, to balance his strengths with weaknesses as if it would be a normal char.
F.e: Mepher is far away from his native area, you are not always near an volcano, and though he can store metals according to the entry, he  might not get enough. That could weaken him considerably. His urine is due to malnutrition not as effective as it could be...

Alright?

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2005, 08:24:22 AM »

I understand totally, expect him to be toned down within the week. I just wanted to say though, that Mepher was never really used as a weapon. R'vahr never really killed anybody, and never won any fights. Mepher scratched his foes at best, and R'vahr took some serious damnage. So While I understand that I am not the best Rpger, and i do make my characters far to powerfull much of the time, I never did use Mepher as a mighty weapon... Aside from the time i set the tavern on fire, but any alchemist can do that. I wont argue though, because I cannot win, and its not about winning, its about having @#%$ loads of fun.

You have lived a life of cruelty and atrocity, you have bathed in the blood of the innocent, you have considered every act of depravity and your corruption knows no bounds. I am the angel of justice, I am the accumulation of all of your sins. Prepare for your redemption.

Morcaanan
Outcast Avenger
Approved Character

Human, Korweynite

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2005, 09:18:22 AM »

You have RP'ed Mepher well (I can attest to this) though we just want the description to match your very adaquete RP abilities (you've played fair, I'll be the first to say that).

Though I won because of a Priest, so don't get so worked up over it.:biggrin  

Your Neighborhood Friendly Dragonmaster
Kain Cristar
Divine Aspect
Approved Character

Elf, Co'orhem Kayrrhem

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2005, 03:48:22 PM »

Thank you Morcaanan... I really appreciate.

Erián'melór
The Shadow of Death
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2005, 03:56:22 AM »

This char seems to be too powerful. His blindness and his injured leg do not truly hinder him, and Mepher is too powerful as well. You need to find a way to limit both Mepher and your char's enhanced senses. Also, I'm not sure if anyone that was not born into the Eyelians could learn to communicate with animals. Another mod will have to determine if he could have learned that. My major concern right now is your S&W.

~Elf Age Calculator
~Measures Converter

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2005, 07:35:22 AM »

I don't have the time to read the whole thing, but I would like to comment on this:
Quote:
Mepher was never really used as a weapon. R'vahr never really killed anybody, and never won any fights.

Mepher killed an orc and nearly burned down the thirsty herald, so that's not true. And if I'm not mistaking Ana'mirl even clubbed Mepher against a wall, after which he just stood up. And with your hearing and smell, your blindness was hardly a problem. At the time it were your first posts with this char, so you could have changed it a little by now. The overpowering thing is mainly going to depend on the way you roleplay things, like Talia said.

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~
Rvahr the Hunter
Hunter in Darkness
Approved Character

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2005, 02:45:22 PM »

the orc prettymuch killed herself, he wanted me to kill him. Being clubbed by some inkeeper who has no training whatsoever should never hurt a fighting character. That would just be lame. And i did not nearly burn down the tavern, most pc's have not even noted burns. The furniture is fine for god's sake, you can barely tell I did anything!

That is the main reason that I changed the mepher part, because mepher was jumping on peoples backs and biting them, and they became scratches, and 40 something year old inkeepers were able to hit him hard enough to lift him off of the ground... do you realize how heavy he must be? the average scorcher is six fores long... measure that out with your forearm and think.

Also The leg does hinder him, Morcaanan was able to outrun him because his leg was acting up, and the blindness too, he cannot sense still objects like chairs and many obsticles tend not to move.

If you want to look at recent rp posts ill give you a list but like I said, R'vahr has never won a fight, even when I was overpowering him. When he ran away he was caught, when he hid he was found. when he tried to track, he lost his query.

I will make the s&w look more balanced, and might change the wording some on mepher but I would like to see what has gone wrong with my rping in the tavern? I have been rping there for a few weeks... I did talk to much at first, and too well, i had to get back into the groove of not liking to hear myself rant and not being able to speak.

For the last few posts he has spoken like i do when i try out my german skillz.:hammer  

Once again, i really do appreciate your comments and keep em comming. I worked on the S&W, tell me what your thoughts are. I think that the weaknesses are pretty powerfull. In practice R'vahr has never been liked, mostly despised and feared, and his weaknesses have caught up to him. I am sorry If you say i am wrong and have really been overpowering my character. I am surely not the best rper out there and It is a problem I have:hat

Thnx for your help peeps:hug  

Edited by: Rvahr the Hunter  at: 8/12/05 7:11

Lady of the South
Mini-mod

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2005, 07:39:22 AM »

Okay, next comment.......

The Eyelian thing (if you could learn their ways, if you are not a born Eyelian): It is not said on the dev-board or in the entry, if it is possible or not, so I say, it is in your case, especially because you really got the grip of what is going on, and so your char. I like this mepher-encounter as well - and that he is kind of more sentient than before.

Your personal weakness/strength seems  balanced as well (without Mepher!)- though you are an incredible strong character (the mind and will of R‘vahr) and all your weakness you might invent will never match your chars drive to succeed and survive. But well.

That leaves Mepher. I think Bahran said it already  the ferret is just too strong , a weapon noone else has.

Quote:

Mepher

R'vahr is of course gifted with Mepher. Mepher is a fire ferret with a mischievous heart. He is much larger than your average ferret, standing at 2 palmspans tall and 6 long. He has no fur, instead a black leathery hide protects him from the harmful environment from which he hails. He has sharp black eyes that can embody either fiery rages of vengeance or the cold coals of justice. When he really wants something, they can be soft and cute. Ever since he was "touched" by the Taloned Eagle he has had a scar burned betwixt his eyes. It is in the shape of a highly stylised talon, and is burned far too cleanly to be natural. Sometime the talon itches and Mepher feels the need to scratch it vigourously with his right forepaw.

Mepher is extremely intelligent, as many ferrets are, and often shows more wit, guile, and intuitiveness then is expected of him. Mepher has a strange affliction of greedy paws, and has been known to make of with what might not be his, or get what he wants in unlawful ways. He loves to charm women into giving him food or metallic objects, which he covets.

Mepher is a powerful warrior. His bones are usually laced with metals stronger than steel, and almost impossible to break. Once, when hurled into a stone wall, the wall broke before he did. The ferret's thick hide protects him from minor cuts and softens the bite of some attacks. Mepher sports needle like fangs that are also laced with a steel like metal, they easily slide into his foe's necks to rip out the jugular. His claws are curved viciously and, once again, laced with enhanced steel. They are razor sharp and are used the slice his foes open, particularly the stomach. Mepher lastly has his tail which, like the rest of him, has muscles like cords of iron. The tail can be lit with a sulfur based flame, which he uses to cause alot of distracting damage... such as burning down walls, taverns, forests, clothing... it goes on and on. This ferret is R'vahr's true weapon. Mepher prefers to urinate all over his foe, and then light them into a towering inferno. This tactic is especially useful in bar fights, where the patrons are already soaked in acholohol.

So I ask you again, tone him down, give him a weakness! I offered you already a solution in my last post, how to do it - and it is fitting to his entry anyway: Lack of sufficient adequate nutrition. He doesn‘t live in his magma pits anymore , he doesn‘t have access to the food he needs, even if he can store some of the minerals he needs.
If would be a considerable weakness, if you could never be sure, if he has enough sulfur left to set something on fire (you could cut this out entirely, for where from does he get sulfur??) , if his bones are as hard as normally, or if a throw in the next wall could break his bones, due to lack of enough metal in his metabolism? As humans get osteoporosis due to lack of calcium, you ferret could get a similar illness - sometimes. And you never now, how full his depots are.
You could even add a kind of dilemma to your char: The less metals Mepher has in his metabolism, the clearer you can see through his eyes. That of course would show you,when you have to go to Thalambath to get into the magma pits of the Norong‘sorno.

And btw, I don't think, that you are a bad RP, just a bit too powerful! Only a young girl managed to tease you so far! And she escaped before you got back! :lol  ;)  

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Erián'melór
The Shadow of Death
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2005, 07:40:22 AM »

I'm curious about how he is such an excellent climber and is agile when his leg is wounded like it is. With such a wound as that, I don't think he would be very agile.  

~Elf Age Calculator
~Measures Converter

Rvahr the Hunter
Hunter in Darkness
Approved Character

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2005, 01:32:22 PM »

The wound is not so bad that he limps. It is bad enough that it always hurts him, and that it can cause the muscles to clench at times (like some war wounds, like my grandfathers) So he can usually climb rocks and be agile, but at times he is seriously hindered by the wound, usually when he does something kewl, like jumping down a wall.

Wow im so sorry Sturmwind, i completely forgot, I thought that was a great Idea and was going to put it in... slipped my mind. I have no trouble with giving mepher weaknesses, though with the metal to sight thing, That would not be a dilema for R'vahr, kain yes, r'vahr no. Would you hurt your only friends who you have known forever for something that you have done without for eight years. I would not think so, and R;vahr would not. It is all a great suggestion though and i will get to it when I have time.

I got to it tonight, but the comp died again on me... I really need to build my new one now... Anyways... I will try again, if It dies midway i am sorry. If I forget something... shoot me or tell me, whichever suits your personal belief system best. there is no middle ground.

You guys can now know just how big Mepher would have to be. Average size for a scorcher is 6 fores long 2 fores high... six fores is exactly 6.4960434 feet and 2 fores is 2.1653478 feet. He is bigger than your average human. Which I should have realized earlier. Six fores is 2 peds.... how dumb of me.:upset    im thinking he should wiegh between two hundred and just under two fourty? depending on how much metal is in him?

in compairson R'vahr is exactly five foot eight inches tall. he should weigh much more... im thinking 1 pygge 8 hebs, because of all the muscle. I have a hard time judging, im only 5'8 @ 125 lbs

I know where you're hiding, I may have no eyes, but you reek of fear. You are a stain upon my senses. I can feel you shiver against the cold, I can hear your breath escape your lips, and I can taste the sweat on your brow. With that in mind, you have reason to be deathly afraid.

-R'vahr the Hunter

Edited by: Rvahr the Hunter  at: 8/18/05 8:07

Erián'melór
The Shadow of Death
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2005, 11:44:22 PM »

I see no further problems with your char. You have my approval.;)

Great CD!!:thumbup

Have the mods been harassing you about your new CD? Do you want an easy solution that allows you to get your character approved as quickly as possible? Then allow me to introduce you to a method in which you can bribe the temporary CD mod. Write your name in red ink (please use red ink as my undead minions cannot read any other color) on a twenty-dollar bill or its equivalent. Ladies are asked to include their name, age, and shoe size. Visit your local cemetery and place the money on the tombstone of a freshly dug grave. Clap three times, snap twice, and walk backwards out of the cemetery. Your CD will receive my approval as soon as a panel of judges reviews the authenticity of your money.

Lady of the South
Mini-mod

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2005, 12:37:22 AM »

R'vahr, I give you my approval, but don't you want your otherwise excellently written and displayed CD correct in the sense, that you use more adequate words, more fitting into our society.This last paragraph you added with Mephor's weaknesses would not go up like this on the dev-board:
I'll explain it:

The Scorcher also has many weaknesses, most have to do with his diet. Mepher can only really digest metals, all other essencial compounds must be gathered in other, less efficient ways. Many of this is done by synthesis. Two of the top chemicals that Mepher must obtain to be healthy are magnesium, for the proper bonding of metal to calcium bone structure, and NitroxySaline which is used in the synthesis of many important chemicals that keep his pH in balance and helps with the lighting of his tail. Luckily Magnesuim is in high concentration within many fish species, and while Mepher has a hard time digesting the flesh of his fishy prey, he can ingest the chemicals he needs. while NitroxySaline is rare outside of areas with volcanic activity, Mepher does not use up his store very quickly, as it does not chemically react when used for the purpose of pH balance and fire ignition.

„Synthesis - you use it here like you have learned it in your chemistry lesson, I doubt, that alchemist really know, what they are doing , at least , they would not call it so. „chemicals“ is a word I would avoid as well (we will take it out of the gnomes entry), and surely noone knew excactly, that calcium was needed for the bones. I would not talk of magnesium, NirtroxySaline and surely not of a PH balance! It is enough,if you write, that he seesm to need a lot of fish and a special diet, you had to find out first (where is the magnesium in, etc. The same is valid for the following NaNO. Just write, that if he hasn‘t enough ...(the normal name for natriumxxx), then its body is acting weird, and he is in the danger to be teared apart from within. And so on..

When he does not ingest proper amounts of NaNO he grows very ill as his bodies roiling acids and bases begin to tear him apart from within, this of course is the extreme case. If he replenishes his stores before reaching a coma state, then his body will balance itself and begin to heal within the week. More commonly he cannot light his tail by his own will and will smell much stronger of sulfer. It is much more likely for the ferret to ignite without warning and harm the people around him. Also when his flames do ignite, they will not be nearly as hot.

Mepher also requires plentiful amounts of sulfer, which is anything but easy to access on the mainland of Santharia. Much of R'vahr's meager savings go. The sulfer is not neccessary for survival, but is necessary for the ability to catch his tail aflame. Sulfer can be obtained by any alchemist or many shops dealing with the occult or magical. Without sulfer Mepher loses his strong scent and the shimmering effect of heat waves off of his body. He may grow slightly lethargic and sleep in more.

Metals are of course somewhat difficult to get a hold of in the large quantities that Mepher requires in order to lace his bones with metal based compounds. Usually they must steal large chunks of whatever they can get their hands on when the opportunity arises. In times of dire need, R'vahr has given Mepher his coinage in order to feed his friend. Sometimes, especially before an important or difficult battle, R'vahr wil buy expensive and strong metals like steel for Mepher to ingest. This grows very costly and no more than three merchents hold debts against the hunter.

Just tell me, if you want to change this, or if I shall move you down.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]

[March 09, 2018, 05:45:59 PM]