Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Claudirea Greenoak  (Read 6953 times)
Claudirea
One With Nature
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« on: March 16, 2006, 07:05:23 AM »

Name: Claudirea Greenoak

Race: Human

Tribe: Eyelian (“Tamers”)

Clan: Bear

Title: One with Nature

Height: 1 Ped, 1 Fore, 3 Nailsbreadths

Appearance:
  ~Overall: At first glance, Claudirea looks like any other Eyelian. Yet, when you compare her to other Eyelians, you notice that she is shorter than most. She still retains the petite form that is common among her people. Her skin is a rich mocha, partly due to her being out of doors a lot, and also because of her heritage.

~Face: The most striking feature upon her face is her eyes. Unlike other Eyelians, Claudirea's eyes are a deep green. Other then that, her facial features are quite normal. She has long dark hair that spills over her shoulders in gentle curls. The colour is truly dark brown, but it appears to be black. Most of the time, she pulls it back into a single ponytail, as it not to interfere with her work. Like most Eyelians, her ears are pierced and she has a small, simple golden hoop in each ear.

~Body: Her body is finely toned from many years of farming and also from the years acquiring herbs. Upon her chest, she has two marks that are barely seen because of her clothes. They are two claw marks of bear tattooed onto her skin.

Clothing: She wears an off-white shirt that has no sleeves. It has a V-neck that goes down to the very top of her cleavage, showing just a bit of her breasts, as well as the tattooed marks that she bears. On her lower body, she wears a short brown skirt. It doesn’t go to her knees, but she wears the clothes for comfort and respect, not fashion.
     Around her wrists she wears two simple golden rings, one on each wrist. These were given to her as a gift from her parents after her Seeking of the Spirit.

Personality: She is always ready to help. Also she is eager to learn new things. Yet, because to her closeness to nature, she will turn on someone, sometimes violently, if they are destroying nature without reason or killing animals for sport. She is very bubbly and is very eager to meet/make new friends. Also inside of Claudirea is a very active and creative mind. She loves messing around with her herbs, finding new concoctions. Unfortunately, that often leads to her trying them out on her friends, since she will never try it upon animals, at least, not with out their permission.

Strengths:
       -Very friendly
       -Loyal to friends
       -Is fairly proficient at the quarterstaff for offence
       -Very good at the quarterstaff for defense

Weaknesses:
       -Is terribly afraid of uncontained fire
       -Perhaps *too* friendly at times
       -Gets really excited at trying out new concoctions on friends…and strangers
       -Shortness limits her at times

Belongings:
       -1 off-white shirt
       -1 short brown skirt
       -2 golden bracelets
       -A quarterstaff
       -Pack for hers and other such items
       -Coin purse
       -Sandals

Companion(s): She has a female silver wolf name Luna. Luna appeared during Claudirea’s Finding of the Spirit ritual and comes and goes as she pleases. Claudirea believes that she is the gods way of protecting and communicating with her.

History: Two proud Eyelian parents stood over a crudely made cradle, watching their newly born daughter sleep. Her life had only started a few hours ago. They marveled silently at how quickly the babe changed from screaming and crying to gently cooing in her sleep.

“I must be off, my love,” the husband, and new father, Talor said gently to his wife. “I have to go ask the Great Spirits what we should name her.”

Ellenth, the wife, smiled gently. “Of course, m’ dear. Go along now.” Talor leaned over and kissed Ellenth gently on the forehead. He straightened himself out, and walked quickly out of the door.

For a few more minutes, Ellenth stared down at her child. Feeling completely exhausted, she went to lie down. After a few minutes of sleep, she was awakened suddenly by a noise coming from the cradle.

The baby wasn't crying, but merely being restless. Ellenth leaned down and gently stroked the child's face. The child calmed down. Then, the child slowly opened her eyes.

What Ellenth saw almost made her scream. The child's eyes were, not black as all Eyelians were, but rather a dark green. This scared her as well as confused her. This was a thing unheard of. She decided to say nothing to Talor. Perhaps it was just her vision. She prayed to the spirits and the Two Gods that it was.

A day later, Talor returned, tired from lack of food and sleep. Ellenth had prepared him a nice meal. He took his time eating it, knowing that if he ate it too quickly, it would make him sick.

"Well...?" Ellenth asked as he was finishing.

Talor knew what she was asking. "The Great Bear came to me while I was in meditation. What he told me was quite unusual."

"What did he tell you?"

"He told me that our daughter was not like other children. That she was special," he replied as he took a sip of water. "Therefore, she is not to have the same last name as us."

"Not have the same last name?!" Ellenth nearly leaped out of her seat. "Why have the gods not given her this privilege? Is it something that we have done wrong?"

"From what I understood, it is nothing of that nature. Instead, it is an honour."

"What are we to call her?"

"Her name..." Talor paused as he leaned back in his chair, deep in thought as he recalled the memory. "Her name is to be Claudirea Greenoak."

"What makes her so special, do you think?" Ellenth asked after a pause to let the name sink in.

Talor shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. The Great Bear told me that something would set her apart from everyone else, something that everyone would see. What this is, the Great Bear didn't tell me."

"I know," Ellenth said quietly. "She has eyes the color of the leaves on the trees in the spring."

Several years passed. Claudirea was like any other Eyelian child. She grew up with the other children, who accepted her as they would anyone else. Only the parents would whisper about her eyes. The question on everyone's mind was "Why was this child special?"

Soon, when she turned 16, it was time for her to go through the Seeking of the Spirit. She meditated in the Lodge of Purification. After she was finished with that, she was sent out into the woods with only a knife. Several days passed, with Claudirea living off of the land. Finally, one day, as she was drinking from a small brook, she heard something on the other side. When she looked up, she saw a silver wolf. She froze instantly. The wolf looked at her through golden eyes.

"Are you my guardian spirit?" Claudirea said, barely in a whisper.

The wolf didn't reply. It merely came down to the brook to get a drink of water. Claudirea gave an audible sigh. Her hopes had been dashed.

"Why are you saddened, child?" A deep, kind voice asked.

"I thought that I had seen my guardian spirit," Claudirea answered without thinking.

"What if your guardian spirit wanted to talk to you through this wolf?" the Voice asked again.

"Wouldn't it make itself more known to me?" Claudirea answered

"I am making myself known to you..." Out from behind a tree stepped a wolf.

Claudirea gasped as she looked over the beautiful creature. Its fur was completely black, with no blemishes. But, the one thing that she was drawn to most was his emerald green eyes. It was at this moment that Claudirea realized that all this time, he had speaking to her in her mind.

"What do you wish to teach me, m'lord?" Claudirea asked as politely as she could.

"I am not here to teach, my child, I am here to guide. I have lead Luna here so that she may teach you the language of the wolf."

So, for the next few days, Claudirea spent with Luna, the wolf which she had first seen. During this time, Claudirea became fast friends with Luna. Luna taught her the basics of the language of the wolf. After she had finished, she left without saying a word. On that note, Claudirea had one last meditation before heading back to the village.

She never told anyone what had happened, only that her guardian spirit had contacted her. The only person that she shared what her guardian spirit was, was the elder of the village.

Sometime after this, Claudirea received two tattoos. Both were identical. They were of bear claw marks, showing which clan she belonged to. She decided to place them upon her chest, so that it seemed as though the Great Bear himself had placed his paws upon her.

A year afterwards, when she turned 18, Luna appeared outside of her front door.

EzCode Parsing Error: color=lime]"Luna! What are you doing here Claudirea asked when she saw her.

"Informing you that you must leave this place," Luna replied casually.

"What? Leave? Why?"

"You humans ask too many questions. Suffice it to say that your guardian spirit told me to come get you," Luna stated as she started to walk off. "Get what you'll need for a long journey and follow me. But hurry, we don't have much time."

Quickly, Claudirea did as she was told. Her parents were out of the house, so she scribbled a note to them and left.

After they had left the village, Luna told Claudirea that she was to become an herbalist. She (Claudirea) would have to travel the world, finding out about herbs and collecting some herself. Claudirea agreed, even though she knew that this meant that she probably would never see her parents again.

Throughout the years, Claudirea gathered herbs and learned how to make proper things. One thing that always got her into trouble, however, was her eagerness to try them out on people. Whenever she was trying something new, Luna always seemed to disappear. This happened quite a bit, so Claudirea got use to Luna's comings and going.

During these years, Claudirea learned several animal languages. They are as follows: Mimsy, Fox, Starback Deer, and White Deer. She doesn't know any of them as fluent as she knows Wolf because she wasn't with the animals long enough to get the basics down.

Edited by: Kalina Merenwen at: 4/10/06 18:56

Rvahr the Hunter
Hunter in Darkness
Approved Character

Human, Phthia R'mart Eyelian

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 04:53:23 PM »

Quote:
Height: 2 Fores, 9 Nailsbreadths, and 2 grains

Weight: 2 Hebs, 2 ods, and 7 muts

No need to go down to the grain-muts with your weight. Though you are pushing the heightthing fairly low, as it is you are about three feet tall, i think, and weigh barely over twenty pounds. While the eylians are not a tall race, this is certainly too short for a adult human!;)  Instead say something like, about one and a half peds, because you are supposed to be short.

For wieght a pygge (pronouced pig) and two hebs, if you are going to have allot of muscle, or simply a pygge or slightly over a pygge.

Quote:
Claudirea's eye are a deep green.

Why is this? It is genetically improbable. A simple statement saying that there is some mixed breeding in your past should cover you, as green is not an especially rare color.

Quote:
The colour is truly dark brow

I believe you want brown. Be carefull when typing your CD up so that you dont have to catch yourself later, which is much more of a pain!

Good start, keep it up!

Swimming through waters of truth and sustinance, filled by tribulations and dark discordiance,
is a monster who cries tears of steel and an angel, who sceams symphonies.

-R'vahr, The Hunter in Darkness

There is a flavor to life, and I intend to taste it deeply.

-R'vahr, The Hunter in Darkness
Claudirea
One With Nature
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 06:08:23 AM »

I used the whole conversion thingy and that's the amounts it gave me for 2'6" and 25 pounds. I'm horrible at creating heights and weights. Also, I looked in the Player's Handbook for D&D (I know this is not the same, but I just needed height and weight stuff) and for a 2'6" halfling woman, 25 lbs. is how much the base weight is. *shrugs*

Her eye colour will be described in her history which is still in my mind, not on paper, but if it still doesn't work, then I will delete it.

As for the brow instead of brown, sometimes I type too fast for my own good. :)  

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 06:11:23 AM »

That is on the low end hun. The heights and weights given in the D&D manuals are excessively low - and Eyelians are a bit larger than halflings.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Claudirea
One With Nature
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 09:32:23 AM »

I know that they're different from halflings. I thought I read that Eyelians are about 3 feet tall, and I wanted her kinda short. So I was just looking to see if they gave any weights for someone 2'6" ('cause I already wanted her that tall). *sighs* I'll relook it up.

Mina
Ávash'deláey
Approved Character

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 09:38:23 AM »

Eyelians are more like 5 feet tall, not 3.  1 ft is about 30cm, so 1.5 peds (metres) is about 5 ft.  

Claudirea
One With Nature
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 09:40:23 AM »

Yeah. I just found that. I think I did my math wrong. I'll change that.

Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 11:42:23 AM »

For your strengths and weaknesses, only being proficient with one weapon is not a weakness because the majority of the population cannot proficiently use a weapon at all.

Naya More'ek
Wolf Friend
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2006, 03:58:23 AM »

Hey Claudirea,

I don't have that much time right now, but after the weekend I'll try to comment on what you have so far.

Naya

Claudirea
One With Nature
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2006, 04:31:23 AM »

Must......get.....Claudirea......done......ARG! -.- Sometimes, I hate being a writer. Wanting sooo much detail will get me in trouble someday. This will be kinda slow since I have a play going on. But someday, I will get her done!!!! Key word, someday....

Naya More'ek
Wolf Friend
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 06:09:23 AM »

Appearance:
~Overall: At first glance, Claudirea looks like any other Eyelian. Yet, when you compare her to other Eyelians, you notice that she is shorter then than most. She still retains the petite form that is common among her people. Her skin is a rich mocha, partly due to her being out of doors a lot, and also because of her heritage.

~Face: The most striking feature upon her face is her eyes. Unlike other Eyelians, Claudirea's eye are a deep green. Is there an explanation for that colour? Maybe a parent that came from another tribe? To talk in earthen terms, you'd need the right genes for that colour, and since it's not a common colour among Eyelians, it should come from somewhere else. Other then that, her facial features are quite normal. She has long dark hair that spills over her shoulders in gentle curls. The colour is truly dark brown, but it appears to be black. Most of the time, she pulls it back into a single ponytail, as it not to in order for it not to interfere with her work. Like most Eyelians, her ears are pierced and she has a small, simple golden hoop in each ear.

~Body: Her body is finely toned from many years of farming and also from the years acquiring herbs. Upon her chest, she has two marks that are barely seen because of her clothes. They are two claw marks of bear tattooed onto her skin.

Clothing: Like most traditional Eyelians, Claudirea prefers to wear no clothing at all. This is not entirely true. Eyelians have been living in Santharia for so long that even the most traditional ones wear clothes. However, they don't mind running around naked, but that's different from 'running around naked all the time'. But, since she is traveler, she has resigned to the fact that clothing is necessary. She wears an off-white shirt that has no sleeves. It has a V-neck that goes down to the very top of her cleavage, showing just a bit of her breasts, as well as the tattooed marks that she bears. I thought you said the tattoos couldn't be seen because of her clothing? It's either the one or the other :) . On her lower body, she wears a short brown skirt. It doesn’t go to her knees, but she wears the clothes for comfort and respect, not fashion.
Around her wrists she wears some bracelets. On her right wrist she wears a simple golden bracelet and on her left wrist, she wears two bracelets. That's three bracelets in one sentence. Suggestion: Around her wrists she wears some bracelets. She wears one on the right and two left, the first of which is identical to the simple golden one worn on her right, for they were presents given at the same time. The second one is a plain leather strap. Bought or given?

Personality: She is always ready to help. Also she is eager to learn new things. Yet, because to her closeness to nature, she will turn on someone, sometimes violently, if they are destroying nature without reason or killing animals for sport. She is very bubbyl what does that mean? and is very eager to meet/make new friends. Also inside of Claudirea is a very active and creative mind. She loves messing around with her herbs, finding new concoctions. Unfortunantly Unfortunately, that often leads to her trying them out on her friends, since she will never try it upon animals, at least, not with out without their permission.

Strengths:
-Very friendly
-Loyal to friends
-Is fairly proficient at the quarterstaff for offence
-Very good at the quarterstaff for defense

Weaknesses:
-Is terribly afraid of uncontained fire
-Perhaps *too* friendly at times
-Gets really excited at trying out new concoctions on friends…and strangers
-Shortness limits her at times

Belongings:
-1 off-white shirt
-1 short brown skirt
-3 bracelets (2 gold, 1 leather)
-A quarterstaff
-Pack for hers and other such items
-Coin purse
-Sandals

Companion(s): She has a female silver wolf name Luna. Luna appeared during Claudirea’s Finding of the Spirit ritual and comes and goes as she pleases. Claudirea believes that she is the gods way of protecting and communicating with her.

History: Two proud Eyelian parents stood over a crudely made cradle, watching their newly born daughter sleep. Her life had only started a few hours ago. They marveled silently at how quickly the babe changed from screaming and crying to gently cooing in her sleep.
“I must be off, my love,” the husband, and new father, Talor said gently to his wife. “I have to go askthe Great Spirits what we should name her.”
Ellenth, the wife, smiled gently. “Of course, m’ dear. Go along now.” Talor leaned over and kissed Ellenth gently on the forehead. He straightened himself out, and walked quickly out of the door.
For a few more minutes, Ellenth stared down at her child.

There, I hope my comments will help. I also spellchecked, while I was busy you know.

Naya

Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006, 06:14:23 AM »

Quote:
To talk in earthen terms, you'd need the right genes for that colour, and since it's not a common colour among Eyelians, it should come from somewhere else.

Just because it isn't a common color doesn't mean she can't have it. If there was no mention of that range of color in the entry, then yes it would have to come from some place else. But with humans - almost all of their blood is mingled so it is possible it is from far down the line.

Common =/= impossible

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2006, 07:33:23 AM »

Yeah. I'm going to explain her eye colour in her history. That's still in the process. *sighs* I'm too in-depth for my own good.

Shall I end this haunting nightmare for you?

Visit the world of Ardua

Tulpje Sweetshade
Grey Bomber (Brownie)
Approved Character

Brownie, Llaoihrr

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006, 07:57:23 PM »

For a few more minutes, Ellenth stared down at her child. Feeling completely exhausted, she went to lie down. After a few minutes of sleep, she was awakened suddenly by a noise coming from the cradle.

The baby wasn't crying, but merely being restless. Ellenth leaned down and gently stroked the child's face. The child calmed down. Then, the child slowly opened her eyes.

What Ellenth saw almost made her scream. The child's eyes were, not black as all Eyelians were, but rather a dark green. This scared her as well as confused her. This was a thing unheard of. She decided to say nothing to Talor. Perhaps it was just her vision. She prayed to the spirits and the Two Gods that it was.

A day later, Talor returned, tired from lack of food and sleep. Ellenth had prepared him a nice meal. He took his time eating it, knowing that if he ate it too quickly, it would make him sick.

"Well...?" Ellenth asked as he was finishing.

Talor knew what she was asking. "The Great Bear came to me while I was in meditation. What he told me was quite unusual."

"What did he tell you?"

"He told me that our daughter was not like other children. That she was special," he replied as he took a sip of water. "Therefore, she is not to have the same last name as us."

"Not have the same last name?!" Ellenth nearly leaped out of her seat. "Why have the gods not given her this privilege? Is it something that we have done wrong?"

"From what I understood, it is nothing of that nature. Instead, it is an honour."

"What are we to call her?"

"Her name..." Talor paused as he leaned back in his chair, deep in thought as he recalled the memory. "Her name is to be Claudirea Greenoak."

"What makes her so special, do you think?" Ellenth asked after a pause to let the name sink in.

Talor shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. The Great Bear told me that something would set her apart from everyone else, something that everyone would see. What this is, the Great Bear didn't tell me."

"I know," Ellenth said quietly. "She has eyes the color of the leaves on the trees in the spring."

Several years passed. Claudirea was like any other Eyelian child. She grew up with the other children, who accepted her as they would anyone else. Only the parents would whisper about her eyes. The question on everyone's mind was "Why was this child special?"

Soon, when she turned 16, it came it was time for her to go through the Finding Seeking of the Spirit. She meditated in the Lodge of Purification. After she was finished with that, she was sent out into the woods with only a knife. Several days passed, with Claudirea living off of the land. Finally, one day, as she was drinking from a small brook, she heard something on the other side. When she looked up, she saw a silver wolf. She froze instantly. The wolf looked at her through golden eyes.

"Are you my guardian spirit?" Claudirea said, barely in a whisper.

The wolf didn't reply. It merely came down to the brook to get a drink of water. Claudirea gave an audible sigh. Her hopes had been dashed.

"Why are you saddened, child?" A deep, kind voice asked.

"I thought that I had seen my guardian spirit," Claudirea answered without thinking.

"What if your guardian spirit wanted to talk to you through this wolf?" the Voice asked again.

"Wouldn't it make itself more known to me?" Claudirea answered

"I am making myself known to you..." Out from behind a tree stepped a wolf.

Claudirea gasped as she looked over the beautiful creature. Its fur was completely black, with no blemishes. But, the one thing that she was drawn to most was his emerald green eyes. It was at this moment that Claudirea realized that all this time, he had speaking to her in her mind.

"What do you wish to teach me, m'lord?" Claudirea asked as politely as she could.

"I am not here to teach, my child, I am here to guide. I have lead Luna here so that she may teach you the language of the wolf."

So, for the next few days, Claudirea spent with Luna, the wolf which she had first seen. Luna taught her the language of the wolf. After she had finished, she left without saying a word. On that note, Claudirea had one last meditation before heading back to the village.
I do think it takes a lot longer than a few days to learn the language of the wolf. Did you ever try learning a human language before? It takes years. You could start learning the basics language, but not end up speaking it fluently after a few days.

She never told anyone what had happened, only that her guardian spirit had contacted her. The only person that she shared what her guardian spirit was, was the elder of the village.

Sometime after this, Claudirea received two tattoos. Both were identical. They were of bear claw marks, showing which clan she belonged to. She decided to place them upon her chest, so that it seemed as though the Great Bear himself had placed his paws upon her.

A year afterwards, when she turned 18, Luna appeared outside of her front door.

"Luna! What are you doing here" Claudirea asked when she saw her.

"Informing you that you must leave here this place," Luna replied casually.

"What? Leave? Why?"

"You humans ask too many questions. Suffice it to say that your guardian spirit told me to come get you," Luna stated as she started to walk off. "Get what you'll need for a long journey and follow me. But hurry, we don't have much time."

Quickly, Claudirea did as she was told. Her parents were out of the house, so she scribbled a note to them and left.

After they had left the village, Luna told Claudirea that she was to become an herbalist. She (Claudirea) would have to travel the world, finding out about herbs and collecting some herself. Claudirea agreed, even though she knew that this meant that she probably would never see her parents again.

Throughout the years, Claudirea gathered herbs and learned how to make proper things. One thing that always got her into trouble, however, was her eagerness to try them out on people. Whenever she was trying something new, Luna always seemed to disappear. This happened quite a bit, so Claudirea got use to Luna's comings and going.

During these years, Claudirea learned several animal languages. They are as follows: Mimsy, Fox, Starback Deer, and White Deer.

Claudirea started to travel when she was 18. She is now 25. Referring to my earlier remark on learning animal languages, I don't think that she'd be able to learn another four languages in 7 years time. For one thing, as I said, it takes a few years to learn a language fluently, for another, you'd first need to gain an animal's trust before he/she will teach you his/her language, which does take more than a few days.

Naya (/Tulpje ;) )

The language of friendship is not words but meanings.

Tulpje Sweetshade
Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 04:39:23 AM »

Well....I never said she was fluent in the other languages. I guess I could make mention of her knowing them....not so fluently. Yay! Not too much to change!

Claudirea/Kareesh....

Shall I end this haunting nightmare for you?

Visit the world of Ardua

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]