Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So Orril Miés'efér (Ready for title!!!l)  (Read 23769 times)
so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín Aellenrhim

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2006, 06:41:23 AM »

Well, I need a better idea for the woman, or a better reason to go to Ximax... Yes, maybe i should cut that, after all its one desision to go.

Ok, with distances, I need to find the map... some days ago I found it but now I don't remember where it was, let me search again, maybe I'm not looking in the correct place.

And Weakness... I need help with them, dunno what can I place there.

With magic, thanks, it explained me how to go to level 7, but what about the latter levels? please send the answer to the Ezbox so don't make it a bluk here.

In this world the only thing that is always true is that everything changes, moves and tears apart, to latter return in a neverending dance inspired in the movement of wind. ~ So Orril Miés'éfer, Sky Tower Apprentice
Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2006, 07:01:23 AM »

I don't see any reason to be higher than level 6 really. That's probably because I don't see any way to make a balanced char over level 6 either. Sometimes one level 7 spell is allowed or so, but in my oppinion acces to sphere III makes you way overpowered. It's more than just acces to some extra spells, but you can use it for boosting your lower level spells (a lot) as well.

Currently my own mage is in between level 5 and 6 and I'm not planning to change that (unless maybe he can be archmage or so, just for the nifty title :biggrin   so inbetween 5 & 6 it is :p  ). I can already kill someone within seconds. Sphere III would pretty much allow me to level buildings without too much trouble.

Anyway, my suggestion is to stay at 6 or below for now. Once you've got some more experience with magic under your belt you can always try to go for a rewrite.

For maps: click the shield with a 'C' on the main site. The most useful map for distances is probably this one.

Edit:

I studied in Ximax, in the wind school, becoming very good with spells like clap of thunder and static trap, preferring the attack over defense. In my scholar years I become famous among my class for the most accurate clap of thunder and the longest walk in the air done by a novice. Define novice. I think you missed my point when I said 'define newbie'. What level are you talking about? And when are you no longer a novice?
What made me choose the wind? There’s a chain of reasons, I hate the fire, uncontrollable and unpredictable, unstable but beautiful, I can't stand the destruction hidden in it. The Earth and water are not my elements, and the wind... well, the wind is other story, since I have memory I dreamed to soar the sky, later, I started to hear and see a woman, that told me to go to wind school.
I got graduated one year ago, Maybe best to add what level you graduated from. You can graduate from each level (although level 6 is considered to special, like 'graduated from Ximax'). now I'm thinking seriously on continue with my studies by myself or seek a mentor, maybe I will go in a journey for the hidden knowledge, let's say that I'm going where the wind guides me.
My spells reached the sphere two, so I’m categorized as a level 6 mage, but not all spells go that good, sometimes I fail more with certain spells than others, so rounded I’m level 6.
Normally you start learning sphere II spells around the fourth level, so this doesn't make much sense.
Level 1-3: only sphere I spells
Level 4-6: sphere I & II spells
Level 7 and higher: sphere I, II & III spells. You're probably the equivalent of our RL professors (or on your way to be one) by now.

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~

Edited by: Marvin Cerambit  at: 2/13/06 23:11

~> Click Here <~
so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín Aellenrhim

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2006, 09:10:23 AM »

Whats the meaning of RL?.
An aclaration, I was just curious, I wasn't thinking on make my Character a level 7 mage.
Thanks anyway Marv.
Edit: Now I'm sure that no one can find an error, I taked the weekend to corect all, just the Weakness... Don't know what to put there, What about being too compasive or merciful?  

Edited by: so orril miesefer at: 2/14/06 21:40

In this world the only thing that is always true is that everything changes, moves and tears apart, to latter return in a neverending dance inspired in the movement of wind. ~ So Orril Miés'éfer, Sky Tower Apprentice
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Mini-mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2006, 06:51:23 AM »

Level 7 mages are only allowed for masters of magic, that would be Silfer, and Marvin is well on the way. It requires to be in magic for quite a while and a considerable amount of time, and having done developement work.

Orril, I'll go through your CD as soon as Marvin has given his first + and I know that magicwise all is ok.

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín Aellenrhim

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2006, 07:16:23 AM »

Thanks Talia... still my question is in the air, what is RL? Real Life? don't think so... whats that, its eating my brain....
Weakness ideas: Extremly merciful, Confident to death, bad fighter (hand to hand)... More ideas?

Lady of the South
Mini-mod

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2006, 07:32:23 AM »

RL is that part of your life which you have to give the preference.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2006, 06:43:23 AM »

You still need to add your level in your magic section.

And RL = Real Life.

~> Click Here <~

Edited by: Marvin Cerambit  at: 2/14/06 22:43

~> Click Here <~
so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín Aellenrhim

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2006, 07:17:23 AM »

I think that is ready now... no I'm sure that its ready this time
Thanks Marv.

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2006, 08:29:23 AM »

Just the magic section:

I studied in Ximax, at the wind school, becoming very good with spells like clap of thunder and static trap, preferring the attack over defense. In my scholar years I became famous among my class for the most accurate clap of thunder and the longest walk in the air done by a novice. (I consider novice from the level one to level three, because in that period of time, I was very inexpert, and had fizzles frequently.)
What made me choose the wind? There are several reasons, I hate the fire, uncontrollable and unpredictable, unstable but beautiful, I can't stand the destruction hidden in it. Cut this up in several sentences instead of one long one. Also, 'uncontrollable and unpredictable, unstable but beautiful' sounds like it's something positive because you give some bad characteristics and then say 'but beautiful' like you would want to counter the bad things. For example: most people find him annoying, but I like him anyway. Like that.
() Earth and water are not my elements, and () wind... well, () wind is other story, since I have memory I dreamed to soar the sky, later, I got fascinated with the sky.
I got graduated one year ago, at level six, now I'm thinking seriously on continue with my studies by myself or seek a mentor, maybe I will go in a journey for the hidden knowledge, let's say that I'm going where the wind guides me. The most logical thing to do to gain more knowledge would be that you would continue to study in Ximax.

~> Click Here <~

~> Click Here <~
so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín Aellenrhim

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2006, 06:59:23 AM »

Sure, the better way to gain knowledge is a school, but a mage that wants to know more by its own way can fit better in roleplay. (I think)

Rvahr the Hunter
Hunter in Darkness
Approved Character

Human, Phthia R'mart Eyelian

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2006, 04:20:23 PM »

Watch for my red pen

•Name
So Orril Miés'efér

Appears 31, really 385, skills 42 nix the skills part
•Race
Elf
•Tribe
Injerín.
•Title
Mage of the silver wind

Physical Appearance
I have golden hair and deep yellow eyes, reaching the nix the the Strata yellow. My nose is neither big nor small, just the right size, and is a bit angular. My eyes are incrusted deep in my face, so if the light hits me in certain angles the shadow will cover totally my eyes "them" would fit better and let you see them literally shine. I’m skinny, making my cheekbones to appear bigger than what they are really. My ears, as many in the elf, are pointed. My skin is a bit tanned, for the long expositionsp to sun (well, let’s see if you don’t tan after almost 300 years doing fieldwork).

if you are ending the paragraph here, space it out!

I'm a bit taller than my tribe, with two peds and a palmspan. that is extremely tall! Seven Feet!
If you tried to guess my age, you probably guess wrong, in appearance many people say that I'm 31 or 32, but I have 385 years you would have to add something like "under my belt," to make this fit, enough time to see many thinks things. Don’t you think so?

Clothes
I tend to wear a light green shirt, and trousers of a vivid green, as you may see I don’t bother searching for combining complimenting? colors; also I like to wear white things, but it's not so as common.

• Personality
I’m a calm person, is very hard to make me angry, however, once enraged is also hard to stop me. I like the nix the the kids, and the again, nix the thestudents too also, so if you have a problem just knock my door and I will gladly help you. As a mage you may see that I have a strong willpower and focus. I hate the hypocrisy, and the fault of honor or courage. He hates courage and honor? I love to write, but also do some sports, thing I did almost all my life, running from one place to other and rushing over new discoveries. THIS sentence is very bad. Ho, that’s right, I rushes rush over things, wishing to end finish them, not end quickly and be free to continue with more, and more, and more, make this a period If you see me, you will think that I never get tired, but many times I get exhausted without notice. Other another thing, I love is nix the is to sleep until late, some people think that I’m a bit rare odd? Lazy? rare makes no sence, because I stay awake almost all the afternoon and night and sleeps nix the s almost all the nix the the morning, so for say it fast I loves the night, awkward and this is reflected on my familiars, a wolf and an owl.

• Strengths and Weaknesses
a? Strengths
My biggest strength is my willpower, once I propose something I will do it at the price it cost. Another strength is my focus, once focused in something I won’t leave it. And my last strength is my speed, if I’m afraid or intimidated I will run away faster than a wink. My wind magic helps in many occasions, as I’m good with it, but and not but, but is if you are saying you are less well trained in that area especially good with offensive spells. wind is usually a defencive and healing element, also violence does not fit with your personality. Why does he like offencive spells? The daggers are my weapon, I’m not so good with them, but neither bad to say, just know how to use them. you need to work on your grammar if you want me to read over this again. Also, these are all very powerful strengths, Include your level in your strengths section
b) Weaknesses
My biggest weakness is my honor sense, it gets me into many problems dangerous situations, and only because I try to defend what I believes no s is right. Some of my Other of my nixweakness is are my lack of physical resistance stamina?; I can run fast, but only for short periods of time, after I will need rest invariably. anOther weakness is my curiosity, which gets me into troubles no s as often as my honor. Another weakness is that if I get angry, I will be hard to calm down again. Also I’m not very muscular to say, so I’m not very good handling big things (such a long sword) nor heavy ones (another reason to chose wind magic). Also, many people thinks that I'm too confident, so I can get in problems for nix the for easyly. Others says that I'm exedinglysp patient, that I must show my strenghtstrength, when I was studing I was a target for bullingsbullys or bullyings?, but I never put an nix the n stop (Well, actually once, but I think it wasn't enought). My last weakness is that I don't think it twice for making desitions, rushing everything to end quickly.

It is easier to see what you classify as an individual strength if you bullet your strengths and weaknesses. All of you're weaknesses are very low key and I really doubt that you will rp them You need some serious balancing! Read the strengths and weaknesses of some of the other mage characters that have been approved. You can find a few in the approved characters arcive II

• History
My grandpa is a member of the council what council?, my father is an Injerín mage and my mother is an Aellenrhim mage too.

space your paragraphs

My parents met while they were students in Ximax, they say that first they tried to be better than the other, but eventually they feel felt the pull of love. After they ended the school, they send sent letters to their parents, saying that they were to get be married; my grandparents quickly went to Ximax, to meet each other. The two families hadn’t had no problems, and the marriage went excellent.
Two years latter later I was born in O'kroi'parda'ael ("The Everlasting War in the West") We moved when I was 6 years old to Avá’ewelín (“beauty of life”) were my grandpa, father of my father, suggested to my family to stay, All these places are cities or towns in the Shaded forest.

spaces

After some years there I started to become interested in magic, but since I didn’t like the destructive power of fire, and don’t have affinity with it, I chose the wind. That happened slowly, my father and my mother were wind mages, so my fascination started when I was very young, like nix the like 12 years or less. Day by day my interest and fascination grew, wishing I could do what my parents could, like walk in the air or vanish and appear.

spaces

Three weeks before my 21th birthdate birthday my family asked me about going to Ximax… Obvious I saysaid yes, it was my opportunity and I wasn’t going to loose lose it.

My journey begun began inon  a river, going all the way down Luquador River, until the Worldquest, resting in one village, we did two days down river to the village. what did you do two days? From nix the from, use On instead the third day we started going down to the Sea of tears, stopping two times in the way.

spaces

After five days we reached the Sea of tears, we changed from the river ship to an ocean ship, and started my ocean journey.
Six days in the nix the "in the" replace with at sea passed, at the sixth day we did nix the did landed on Thysland, where I bought a pair of daggers, and stayed three months to learn how to use them, why? nix the why I thought that I must have a way to defend myself.

spaces

Time passed in Thysland, but I remember what I was doing, so we who is we? I assume your parents... they stayed with you for three months while you practiced dagger fighting technique? continued our way, now to the south, two days in on roads passed before Hort, we rested two days.

spaces

After the two days, we entered in the Shivering Woods, few time passed before we reached Ximax, from there I went first to the Valgure's Magical Emporium to buy all the thinks things I could would need, and after that I went to the Academy.

where do you get all this money?

When I started I had some problems, like vanishing some parts only, reflecting what I was thinking... things like that, things that occurs to every novice with the spells.
But slowly I got better, making some big records, like hitting a feather in the air with lighting, or walking for almost all the practice yard in the air. doubtful

spaces

In my years of study I got two familiars, a horned owl named "Strom" and a lone wolf named "Shadow" this two were a "birthdate birthday present" since Storm was it? and Shadow was found that same day going around the academy lone and lost. why does a wolf stay with you and make you a companion. You have no training nor abilities with animals and wolves are carnivores. It is more likely for him to eat you than become your familiar! I see no reason here at all that would explain his actions. Also I would like to see more about these familiars and they must be added to your strengths, which are already beyond considerable!

space

I studied from my 21th to my 385th years nix the s, becoming a good mage. I got graduated at level 6, one graduates at level seven dear I’m very proud of it. When I graduated, I was anxious to learn more, I sendsent a letter to my family, that I was going to go for more knowledge. of magic? That is foolish! There are few learned mages in the wide world. Instead maybe you felt cramped in the towers, and wanted to see some of the world before your time was over. I find it doubtful that your parents are still alive, they would be very old So now I’m in that what?, going from one place to other, searching for the lost knowledge what specific lost knowlege. When you use the you are talking about something specific!, for the new that waits to be discovered.

• Magic
I studied in Ximax, at the wind school, becoming very good with spells like clap of thunder and static trap, preferring the attack over defense. I already explained my feelings. How can you not like the destructive power of fire, but be attracted to the destructive power of wind. That makes no sence at all! In my scholar years I became famous among my class for the most accurate clap of thunder and the longest walk in the air done by a novice. (I consider novice from the level one to level three, because in that period of time, I was very inexpert not a word!, and had fizzles frequently. and fizzled my spells frequently)

space

What made me choose the wind? There are several reasons, I hate the fire, it is uncontrollable and unpredictable so is wind!, also unstable as is wind!, I can't stand the destruction hidden in ityet you lust for offencive spells?.
Earth and water are not my elements, and wind... well, wind is another story, since I have memory dreamt? I dreamed to soar in the sky, later, I got was fascinated with the sky.

spaces

I got nix the got! graduated one year ago, at level six, one graduates at level seven, which is restricted. now I'm thinking seriously onof continueing with my studies by myself or seek a mentor, maybe I will go in a journey for the hidden knowledge what hidden knowlege, nix the "the" if you are not talking about something specific, let's say that I'm going where the wind guides me. you are more likely to find hidden knowlege in Ximax, which has great libraries

• Weapons
Two daggers

• Belongings
A spell book, a bag for reagents, another for travel and two daggers.

• Familiars
A horned owl that got as birthdate birthday present named “Storm” and a lone-errand wolf named "Shadow"
•Storm: She is a bit aggressive with strangers, but with kids it’s all the opposite, she likes to get be caressed in on the head and under the beak. Storm loves the Ximax rats… as dinner, wile while I was in school; she made my room one of the few without rats. I think that I like her, she hears me and does almost all that I ask her to do, I say almost, because sometimes she won’t obey. I never tried to put her in a cage, so you may see her over my shoulder.
I got Storm in on my birthdate day one year before I got nix the got graduated, so it’s young to say, I think no more than a year since she left the nest.
•Shadow: He is a wolf that I found around Ximax academy, I don’t know how he got there, but I know that Shadow isn’t wild. Shadow is playful; my room was a bit messy because Shadow played with me. When I first got let him intp my room, many people think thought that I was crazy, but slowly they stopped to think  nix the yellow, believing fits better. They stopped believing that.that.

tame wolf? who tamed him, how was he tamed, and why did he decide to stay with you?

He loves to eat my leftovers, so isn’t a problem at the time of feeding him, since I don’t eat much. I think that Avá send sent him to me, but dunno, casualty and Avá aren’t compatible.? My relation with him, I would say it’s good, he obeys when he likes to obey and at dinner time, most of time he is trying to make me play with him.

• Height
Two peds and one palmspan.

• Weight
a Pygge and a Hafeb you are anorexic. Your bones stick out and you are weak from starvation. That is only onehundred and ten pounds. You are over seven feet tall!

I gave you alot to work with here, and if you work hard and get it all done, this will be a much more respectable CD. You can e mail me @ Kain572@graffiti.net when you have finished editing, or simply post in my ezinbox. Good Luck;) !

I know where you're hiding, I may have no eyes, but you reek of fear. You are a stain upon my senses. I can feel you shiver against the cold, I can hear your breath escape your lips, and I can taste the sweat on your brow. With that in mind, you have reason to be deathly afraid.

-R'vahr the Hunter

Edited by: Rvahr the Hunter  at: 2/17/06 8:23

There is a flavor to life, and I intend to taste it deeply.

-R'vahr, The Hunter in Darkness
Lady of the South
Mini-mod

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2006, 09:57:23 PM »

R'Vahr - thank you! Just thought I should give Orril a spellcheck!

I would give you a kiss, if I would be sure you appreciated it, so just a :hug  :lol  

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2006, 01:29:23 AM »

Well, by learning things on your own you'll be able to improve in what you already know. After a certain period of time, you'll be able to cast spells at level 7 or higher. You'll be able to adapt your spells to your needs and all those things just like a higher level mage, but, you won't be a real level 7 or higher. Since you're not learning new things (mainly sphere III) you won't be able to use new techniques in your spells. You could use books and the like, but if you choose that way you'll be advancing slower.

Quote:
I already explained my feelings. How can you not like the destructive power of fire, but be attracted to the destructive power of wind. That makes no sence at all!

You know, fire and water are generally being looked at as being destructive in nature, more then wind or earh, so it could be how he feels about this. That's why I didn't comment on it. If he'd ever meet my mage char, I'll gladly convince him how wrong his assumptions are though :p  

~> Click Here <~

~> Click Here <~
so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín Aellenrhim

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2006, 05:16:23 AM »

Thanks for comenting.
As answer to my graduation level... here is the quote, taken from the forum, of restrictions, Elven aging etc.
Quote:
These are the ages required to reach each level, up to level 6, which is the graduation level for the Academy. All students start at level 0.

So I'm graduated if this is still in use.
About the wolf, Why not? Marvin have a Warg.

Edited by: so orril miesefer at: 2/17/06 21:18

Rvahr the Hunter
Hunter in Darkness
Approved Character

Human, Phthia R'mart Eyelian

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2006, 04:00:23 PM »

Marvin also has a somewhat reasonable explaination for this. He saved it's life. It could not attack him when he first saw it, and he immediately fed it. Also wargs are more intelligent then other wolves if I remember correctly.

About the magic level, I believe one graduates at the end of level six, as is exemplified by the main sight right... here

It shows that level seven is the first true Magicitai level and states of level six
Quote:
As the inititse prepares to enter the status of a full-fledged mage, they will learn the fine art of magical creation.

I know where you're hiding, I may have no eyes, but you reek of fear. You are a stain upon my senses. I can feel you shiver against the cold, I can hear your breath escape your lips, and I can taste the sweat on your brow. With that in mind, you have reason to be deathly afraid.

-R'vahr the Hunter

Edited by: Rvahr the Hunter  at: 2/18/06 8:12

There is a flavor to life, and I intend to taste it deeply.

-R'vahr, The Hunter in Darkness
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]