Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thorgas Ironforge, Mitharim Sorcerer  (Read 31679 times)
Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« on: April 05, 2006, 09:45:23 PM »

Name: Thorgas Ironforge
Race: Dwarf
Tribe: Mitharim
Title: Ironforge Pyromancer

Character Description:
Thorgas has a fascination for fire that was discovered at an early age, so he never worked in the mines nor dug tunnels as part of a dwarven life, instead he was sent by his family to Ximax to teach him magic. He studied diligently to become the best mage he could, but sadly this had made him an outsider to his own people.

Physical appearance:
Thorgas is a fat dwarf who stands at one and a half peds and weighs at two and a half pygges. He measures four spans at the shoulder, his skin is pale, his eyes are green, and his hair and beard are brown. The length of his beard is one-half peds.

Clothes:
Thorgas wears a dark green cap on his head. His everyday clothes is a green shirt, with a matching dark green pants held up by a brown sash, all which is covered with a dark green hooded robe. On his shoulders he wears a grey mole skin cloak, a symbol of a dwarven mage, and on his feet, a pair of white socks and a pair of boar hide black boots.

Personality:
Thorgas is a glutton who could usually be found in a tavern, drinking beer and eating the local delicacy. A typical dwarf, he doesn't trust other races easily and is known for his stubborness, but people will never find a better ally if they should win his trust. This dwarf is a very straight-forward person, and would prefer truth over flattery, honesty over blunt deceit. Many times has his relation with others terminated, merely because they would engage him with a series of talks instead of getting straight to the point. Despite his old age and sickness, he still tries to work hard, preferring to carry his own burden than to have other 'non-dwarves' help him. He is a quiet person that would prefer sitting on a chair in the corner of a room drinking than chatting with others. Like others of his tribe, his gluttony can only be matched with his love for gold.

Strengths:
Fire Magic Proficiency: Thorgas is well trained in the use of fire magic and he will not have any second thoughts in using it against any who wants to try it.

Strong Willed: Dwarves are also known to be strong minded, so when a dwarven mage casts a spell, he is very focused in doing it.

Dwarven Resistance: Dwarves distrusts all kinds of magic and are usually unaffected and are highly resistant to fire, ice, mind and body spells cast upon them, and Thorgas is no exception.

Great Constitution: Dwarves are known to digest poison very well, and they are hard to injure.

Well Versed in Tharian Compared to other Dwarves: During the years that he stayed above ground, he has learned how to speak words in Tharian. His speaking skills needs more work though, as the people whom he talked with have a hard time restraining their chuckles.

Well Educated: All dwarf children are taught how to read and write by the teachers of their community, and it is further honed by the sages of the academy.

Weaknesses:
Ale: Once he hears a squeaking tavern sign he forgets everything he is supposed to do,pushes open the door, and starts gulping beer immediately.

Loner: Since Thorgas embraced magic and studied it thoroughly, so he has been sort of avoided by his own people, who distrust it.

Natural Resistance: Dwarves are highly resistant to fire, and beneficial fire spells cast by Thorgas on himself may fail.

Staff: Thorgas strongly believes that his staff helps him concentrate. Take it away from him, and he won't be able to concentrate in casting his spells; in other words, an easy target.

Breathing Problems: Lately Thorgas has been experiencing breathing and other health problems, and thus he can't he expected to do heavy labor.

Walking Difficulty: Thorgas has also been experiencing difficulties in walking, sometimes requiring the use of his staff for support.

Stubborness: Sometimes he doesn't know when to quit until something went wrong; health problems, headaches, events that can be avoided if he learns not to bite more than he can chew.

History:
Thorgas' parents are very much fascinated, and at the same time worried, about their son's unusual behavior. As a boy, Thorgas was very much fascinated by what fire can do; how can it burn? why does it light? How does it help in the forging of weapons used by his people? This thoughts always played in his mind. His family, somewhat concerned about his unusual behavior, tried to pry him from this fascination. As expected of a dwarf, he stubbornly refused, and after much effort they gave up on it, although from time to time they talked to him about it. This carried on until he became a teenager.

When Thorgas grew from being a boy to a teenager, his father found him a job as a blacksmith's apprentice. Though Thorgas tried very hard to learn the trade, his thoughts always led him to thinking about fire. His master scolded him from time to time when he would make mistakes, melting weapons, forging an axe with no edge, burning scabbards for swords and such. "You call that a hammer?" The smith said as he points to the big puddle of molten metal on the floor. "Well, it was a hammer a while ago..." Thorgas replied.

One day, after helping his master set the metalwork on a table for the purpose of selling them, he sat down to rest. He took a wooden handle of a shovel, thinking about the burned scabbard that his master threw away earlier. "Fire." He thought. "If only I could control fire, it would be great." He looked at the handle and imagined it to be a burning torch. Without thinking, he held one close to the forge's flames. Suddenly, the wood caught on fire. Thorgas, surprised, accidentally threw the burning wood on the table. The fire suddenly blazed. The blacksmith, alarmed, shouted for help and everyone rushed to the smithy bringing buckets of water and saving the blacksmith's wares.

"It's that pyromaniac's fault!" the smith angrily told Thorgas' family. "He did that on purpose! I won't be surprised if he turns out playing with the weird dwarven mages of our tribe! I don't want to see your beard in the entrance of my cave again!"

After the smith left, his father approached him and said," I supposed you're not cut out to be a blacksmith, son, but it can't be helped. Your mother and I talked about sending you to the Magical School of Ximax, but she said you can't learn magic.. We know you strangely love fire, and I know you can learn magic, which can be honed to perfection if utilized properly, and you did burn that smith's furniture. You can start packing your things and tomorrow start travelling to the academy, if you want to leave. "Here's a letter with money in it, to give to the archmage in charge of the tower. "You can read it, but don't lose it! Oh, and before I forget, this is for you." He said, handing over a beautifully crafted iron staff, carved with runes and with a psyrpent-made crystal attached on top." It's staff traded to me by a passing merchant in exchange for a good deal of silver ore. And I bought you a tome too."

It was easy for him to leave the mines ,because even though he was still a part of the community, others usually avoided the "strange pyromaniac" and would have been glad to have him gone, and such made little friends. He joined a merchant caravan heading for Ximax. Thorgas was 20 years old at that time, arrived at the academy, and upon entering the Tower of the Guard, he saw many portraits, but was surprised to find a portrait of a powerful looking dwarven archmage. "That's Unghur Firehands, one of the few dwarves who mastered magic." Thorgas turned around and saw a very old human wizard whom he guessed as a professor at the academy. "If you will study hard here, you might have your portrait hanged there too." The old man said with a chuckle and walked away.

Thorgas proceeded to the tower of flame and talked to one of the apprentices. The apprentice nodded and lead him to the archmage who is in charge of the tower. "He looked very old indeed." thought Thorgas. "and what a nice beard." he added. "Yours is not bad either," said the elder. Thorgas was surprised at how this man knew his thoughts. The Old man smiled, "how unusual it is for a dwarf to come here. But then again, anybody who is worthy may come here and learn. A room has been prepared for you; rest yourself and tomorrow class will be in session."

Thorgas studied very hard at the academy, learning spells and transcribing the reagents in his tome. He also spent some time practicing and improving his concentration.
Years passed, and finally he's reached level six, at the age of 80. He decided to go home for a while and then afterwards continue his studies at the academy.

He got home just in time for supper, and was welcomed by his family, but the other dwarves, seeing the 'pyromaniac' in their mines again gave a sigh and went on with their chores, some prepared buckets of water, just in case. Thorgas stayed there until he became 90 years of age.

Time came for his of Age of Choosing. As expected, with those dwarven 'wolves' prowling about and his reputation as a pyromaniac, he didn't find any mate, nor did the females want him 'accidentally' burning their furnitures. As a result, he has no mate, and therefore decided to focus only in his studies. He decided that he would returned to Ximax, with his pet pig Buri, now his companion, to continue studying fire magic, but right now he will remain searching a perfect place and perhaps dig a cave for himself in which to call home.

Thorgas was travelling along a path when he heard a bunch of squeals nearby. He approached the source, with staff in his hand, and found a rather large piglet lying on its side, beside it a broken crate and some fruit seeds scattered. The pig, after seeing Thorgas kneel down to take a look, jumped up and looked at him, and then looked at his pouch. Immediately, it approached the bag and ate Thorgas' meal out of it. Thorgas laughed, realizing that it wasn't hurt, just hungry. He decided to keep the pig as a familiar and called him Buri, and afterwards continued his journey.

Years passed, and Thorgas grew old, old, and very old indeed. With old age comes its related problems. He sometimes experiences these symptoms as he moved about the world, seeking the perfect place to settle down.

Religion: All dwarves worship Urtengor, or as they call him, Trum-Baroll. The Dwarf Father loves his creation very much, and in return they give him their unwavering loyalty. Thorgas, like all the others of his clan, showed his devotion to the Father by copying their holy book called The Rock Tales. Whenever a page of the book becomes elligible, he would patiently write another copy to replace the worn page. Every morning before he begins his study, he would read a chapter from the book. The same goes for every night before going to bed.

Magical Skills:
Thorgas' studies in the Academy of Ximax has proven to be invaluable for his chosen path, the path of a mage. His diligence in the study of fire magic had made him rise quickly from being a novice mage to becoming a graduate of Ximax at level six. The use of fire magic had also made him a very versatile ally. He can help defend his comrades in the battlefield by casting offensive spells, like Quilrosh's Fireball, while keeping himself in a relatively safe distance, as he cannot parry incoming blows. Using the same fire magic, he can also aid his allies after battle by casting beneficial spells, like Burning Regeneration, which grants injured friends a faster regeneration ability, thus reducing blood loss and healing wounds quickly. Despite this abilities, he tries to maintain it's use only for defending his friends, family, community, and himself. He can also use it to do common yet important things like lighting a fire for cooking.

After his graduation from Ximax, he continues to practice spell casting and concentration to improve himself in the arts of wizardry. His detemination and perseverance has paid off, as he quickly began to surpass his mentor's teachings, inspiring him to look elsewhere for more knowledge in all things arcane.

Weapons:
- Staff: staves usually used by mages because they believe it actually helps in their concentration, these things can also be used to hit an opponent in the face. Thorgas' staff, which he named Torosar, is made of metal, carved with runes, with a psyrpent-made crystal on top.

Belongings:
- Staff
- Wood pipe
- Oil Lantern
- Feather pen
- Bottles of ink
- Several sheets of parchment
- Tome of Reagents (called The Ironforge's Codex)
- Hand-written copy of The Rock Tales
- Spectacles
- Several pouches containing different reagents
- Skin of ale
- Skin of water
- Various cooking and eating utensils
- Bag of dried meat and fruits
- Fishing pole
- Roll of bedding
- Deer hide bag to put in everything

Familiars: He has a big, male pig named Buri, a pretty useless familiar but nevertheless a cute companion and a great friend. He stands at 2 fores high, has a length of 1.5 peds, and has a weight of 220 ods. His fur is a shaggy, coarse, brown color. The most distinctable, and perhaps the most threatening part of the pig, is his long yellowish tusks, with a length of about 2 palmspans. He his highly protective of his friend Thorgas and would glare at strangers with deep, brown eyes that seems to pierce your soul, ready to charge and butt at the slightest hint of danger. So far he hasn't gored anybody yet.             
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 12:09:50 PM by Twén Aråerwén » Logged

A weak mind is a deadly foe.
Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Huma Mager
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 05:31:23 AM »

Thorgas Ironforge your CD is off to a great start I would like to see it when you get finished but it is great so far.I look forward to rping with you mate.

Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 05:50:23 AM »

Good start, thus far. Would be interested to see why this Dwarven cleric chose to come out of his cave. Keep up the good. I'll make comments when I can. I'm not very versed in Dwarves but I'll do what I can!

Shall I end this haunting nightmare for you?

Visit the world of Ardua

Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 06:49:23 PM »

Hallo there! Thanks for the comments!
(Grabs a mug of beer and drinks) *burp*
Please give me some tips in developing my CD.
Oh, and I have another question: how do you edit a CD after receiving comments?

Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 09:02:23 PM »

To edit: click the edit button under your name.

If you don't see the button, check out the faq in my sig.

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~
Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 10:04:23 PM »

Hallo there, Huma!
Many thanks for giving such a good compliment! You really know how to make a dwarf feel good! Makes me want to drink!
Hey, After I'm accepted by the Admins, maybe we can go to the tavern and have a drink aye?
:biggrin  

"Show me a man who walks into a sick tent with no thought of his own health and I'll show you a BRAVE man."

Edited by: Thorgas Ironforge at: 4/6/06 14:05

Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Huma Mager
New Santharian

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 03:25:23 AM »

Aye mate lets.My character has a hard time making friends.So you have to take your time with to be your friend.
If you want to get alot of messages get your history at least two parragraphs.I'll com back and check it in a little while.

If you seek death you will receive life,
If you seek life you will receive death,

Edited by: Huma Mager at: 4/6/06 19:30
Kalína Dalá'isyrás
Dalá'isyrás
Mini-mod

High Elf, Kaýrrhem

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 05:20:23 PM »

Thorgas - I PMed Talia so she will take a specific look at your CD as it contains clerical magic.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Huma Mager
New Santharian

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 02:07:23 AM »

Very good thorgas.I got you another thing for you list your clerical magic.

Torganth
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2006, 02:24:23 AM »

Hello there!  Lovely profile, your name is eeirly familiar though :D

anyway, a few suggestions, one is your age.

In dwarven society, the dwarves live with their parents untill about 90, when they go and carve out homes of their own and try and attract a female.  since there are more females than males, the males that dont tend to leave.  

Your history is a bit bare...why does Thorgas adventure?  When did he leave?  Also, you might want to get your pig a bit latter in life, most dwarves never go above ground.  So being in the forest doesnt quite cut it.

The only other thing is your axe is made of mithril...mithril is VERY rare you need to say how you got it in your history.

So, to recap...my suggestions:
-Make him older, i'd say 100 or more
-Add more to your history
-Switch things around a bit, find the pig after you leave.
-Add more abotu how you got the axe and how you got training for it.

That's it!  if you need help about the dwarven mating stuff either look at my history or go to the main page and look at the dwarven mating stuff

Looks good so far!  

Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2006, 03:39:23 AM »

Yesh yesh. Mithril is very hard to come by now-a-days.

Quote:
Mithril: Anything made out of or containing mithril should be given proper explanation, as this metal is no longer mined and extremely rare and valuable.

That's from the Restrictions, Elven Aging, Titles & Magic Level Ages topic.

EDIT: Oh, yes. Here's something else that will help ya figure out how you got the Ax:

Quote:
Note: For both Mithril items and moonblades, acquisition of such items through inheritance is not considered a good nor sufficient reason for approval in CDs.

Shall I end this haunting nightmare for you?

Visit the world of Ardua

Edited by: Kareesh Valendar at: 4/8/06 19:40

Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 07:19:23 PM »

Aye, could someone comment on my CD? Ach! I really need some advice, or someone who would check it.

Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Torganth
New Santharian

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 12:55:23 AM »

Everything looks alright...you still need to fix your history, dwarves dont normally go out side, so you would have to find the pig later, it really isnt that hard to say that when you left you found a hurt pig, healed him, then trained him.  Also you need to put in why you left, most dwarves dont leave their homes unless they didn't get a mate.  Other than that your weaknesses look a bit shakey, one of the admins will probably say something about it, but i dont see anything wrong with them.

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Mini-mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2006, 06:50:23 AM »

A healer and a cleric is not the same. You may be a healer with some empathic magic as the entry says, to feel better, what is needed while healing, but you are not a cleric as are the Nehtorians. Just avoid all the clerical stuff and you are way closer to be approved! Darven clerics have different tasks which you can't fulfil while roleplaying!

I just started to read your CD, and I recommend dearly to reread the entries about dwarves, for what you describe here, is a hman and not a dwarf. There would no old man knock at his parents door f.e., for he would be part of the community anyway etc.  

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Edited by: Talia Sturmwind  at: 4/11/06 22:54
Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 08:09:23 PM »

Huh? what do you mean by "shakey"?
I also changed most of the history, so please check it out. many thanks

Edited by: Thorgas Ironforge at: 4/12/06 13:15

Thorgas Ironforge
Buri