Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thorgas Ironforge, Mitharim Sorcerer  (Read 32116 times)
Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2006, 11:53:23 PM »

It's been days since a moderator checked my CD. When will they be here?.

A weak mind is a deadly foe.
Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2006, 02:46:23 AM »

Well, there's still the question if Mitharim have mages or if you can play those Zirghurim.

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~
Huma Mager
New Santharian

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2006, 03:24:23 AM »

I'm going to check your CD with my lime
Name: Thorgas Ironforge
Race: Dwarf
Tribe: Mitharim
Title: Dwarven Pyromancer

Character Description:
Thorga's gift of having the magical talent and affinity to fire was discovered in an early age, so he never worked in the mines nor dug tunnels as part of a dwarven life. He studied diligently to become the best mage he could, but sadly this had made him an outsider to his own people.

Physical appearance:
-Height: 1.5 peds
-width: 4 spans at the shoulder
-Hair color: brown
-Eyes: brown
-Weight: 2.5 pygges
-Skin: pale
-Beard: 0.5 peds, brown

Clothes:
- Dark green woolen cap
- Green woolen shirt
- Dark green woolen pants
- Brown mole skin cloak
- Dark green robe
- White woolen socks
- Boar hide black boots

Personality:
Glutton: He could usually be found in a tavern drinking a mug or two and eating stews.

Loud: If you could have him as a friend, you could stay all day in a tavern listening to his stories and laughs.

Kind: Inside this fat dwarf is a very warm heart that welcomes anybody.

Honest: Anybody will feel confident going to him and asking for directions because they know he will give them a honest and good opinion.

Strengths:
Fire Magic Proficiency: Thorgas is well trained in the use of fire magic and he will not have any second thoughts in using it against any who wants to try it.

Strong Willed: Dwarves are also known to be strong willed and stubborn, so when a dwarven mage casts a spell, he is very focused in doing it.

Excellent Spell Resistance: Dwarves distrusts all kinds of magic and are usually unaffected and are highly resistant to fire, ice, mind and body spells cast upon them, and Thorgas is no exception.

Great Constitution: Dwarves are known to digest poison very well, and wounds inflicted upon them heal quickly.

Weaknesses:
Ale: Once he hears a squeaking tavern sign he forgets everything he is supposed to do,pushes open the door, and starts gulping beer immediately.

Loner: Since Thorgas embraced magic and studied it thoroughly, so he has been sort of avoided by his own people, who distrust it.

Poor Blocking: Thorgas doesn't have a shield, and even if he has one, he doesn't know how to use it. He can't parry incoming blows.

Staff: Take it away from him, and he won't be able to concentrate in casting his spells; in other words, an easy target.

History: Thorgas' parents knew ,from day they saw him start a fire on their rug without using anything, that he has some sort of a gift. A gift of magical talent. As a boy, Thorgas was very much fascinated by what fire can do; how can it burn? why does it light? How does it help in the forging of weapons used by his people? This thoughts always played in his mind. His family, somewhat concerned about his unusual behavior, tried to pry him from this fascination. As expected of a dwarf, he stubbornly refused, and after much effort they gave up on it, although from time to time they talked to him about it. This carried on until he became a teenager.

When Thorgas grew from being a boy to a teenager, his father found him a job as a blacksmith's apprentice. Though Thorgas tried very hard to learn the trade, his thoughts always led him to thinking about fire. His master scolded him from time to time when he makes mistakes, melting weapons, forging an axe with no edge, burning scabbards for swords and such. "You call that a hammer?" The smith said as he point to the big puddle of molten metal on the floor. "Well, it was a hammer a while ago..." Thorgas said.
One day, after helping his master set the metalwork on a table for the purpose of selling them, he sat down to rest. He took a wooden handle of a shovel, thinking about the burned scabbard that his master threw away earlier. "Fire." He thought. "If only I could control fire, it would be great." He looked at the handle and imagined it to be a burning torch. All of a sudden, a flame appeared on the wood. Thorgas, surprised, accidentally threw the burning wood on the table. The fire suddenly blazed. The blacksmith, alarmed, shouted for help and everyone rushed to the smithy bringing buckets of water and saving the blacksmith's wares.
"It's that pyromaniac's fault!" the smith told Thorgas' family. "He did that on purpose! I won't be surprised if he turns out playing with the weird dwarven mages of our tribe!"
After the smith left, his father approached him and said," I supposed you're not cut out to be a blacksmith, son, but it can't be helped. Your mother and I talked about sending you to the Magical School of Ximax, but she said you didn't have any magical talent. We know you have a gift, a talent, which can be honed to perfection if utilized properly, and you did burn that smith's furniture, you can start packing your things and tomorrow start travelling to the academy. Oh, before I forget, this is for you." He said, handing over a beautifully crafted iron staff, carved with runes and with a psyrpent-made crystal attached on top." It's staff traded to me by a passing merchant in exchange for a good deal of silver ore."

It was easy for him to leave the mines ,because even though he was still a part of the community, others usually avoided the "strange pyromaniac" and would have been glad to have him gone, and such made little friends. He joined a merchant caravan heading for Ximax. Thorgas, he was 15 years old at that time, arrived at the academy, and upon entering the Tower of the Guard, he saw many portraits, but was surprised to find a portrait of a powerful looking dwarven archmage. "That's Ungur Firehands, one of the few dwarves who mastered magic." Thorgas turned around and saw a very old human wizard whom he guessed as a professor at the academy. "If you will study hard here, you might have your portrait hanged there too." The old man said with a chuckle and walked away. Thorgas proceeded to the tower of flame and talked to the archmage who is in charge of the tower. "He looked very old indeed." thought Thorgas. "and what a nice beard." he added. "Yours is not bad either," said the elder. Thorgas was surprised at how this man knew his thoughts. The Old man smiled, "how unusual it is for a dwarf to come here. But then again, anybody who is worthy may come here and learn. A room has been prepared for you; rest yourself and tomorrow class will be in session."
Thorgas studied very hard at the academy, learning spells and writing them in his tome. He also spent some time practicing and improving his concentration.
Years passed, and finally he's reached level six, at the age of 40. He decided to go home for a while and then continue his studies at the academy.

Thorgas was travelling along a path to his home when he heard a bunch of squeals nearby. He approached the source, with staff in his hand, and found a rather large piglet lying on its side, beside it a broken crate and some fruit seeds scattered. The pig, after seeing Thorgas kneel down to take a look, jumped up and looked at him, and then looked at his pouch. Immediately, it approached the bag and ate Thorgas' meal out of it. Thorgas laughed, realizing that it wasn't hurt, just hungry. He decided to keep the pig as a familiar and called him Buri, and afterwards continued his journey home.

Time came for his of Age of Choosing. As expected, with those dwarven 'wolves' prowling about and his reputation as a pyromaniac, he didn't find any mate, nor did the females want him accidentally burning their furnitures. As a result, he has no mate, and therefor decided to focus only in his studies. He returned to Ximax, at the age of 100 with his pet pig Buri, now his companion, to continue studying fire magic.

Weapons:
- Staff: staves usually used by mages because they believe it actually helps in their concentration, these things can also be used to hit an opponent in the face. Thorgas' staff is made of metal, carved with runes, with a crystal on top.

Belongings:
- Wood pipe
- Oil Lantern
- Tome of magic
- Feather pen
- Bottles of ink
- Pouch of sulfur
- Pouch of ashes
- Skin of ale
- Skin of water
- Bag of dried meat and fruits
- Deer hide pouch to put in everything

Familiars: He has a big pig named Buri, a pretty useless familiar but nevertheless a cute companion and a great friend.

Over al I think it is a geat CD.If you and me become frinds you could use my wagon.

Edited by: Huma Mager at: 4/19/06 12:07
Rhapsody Mythlinis
New Santharian

Half-Elf, Kayrrhem/ Murmillion

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2006, 04:31:23 AM »

Huma - when you are commenting on CDs, it is prefered you use a color people can actually see. Navy is too dark and blends in with the black too easily.

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.

so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injern Aellenrhim

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2006, 09:33:23 AM »

:rollin  I saw nothing in the CD, so I assume Master Thorgas have nothing to do...

Coming back, be patient Thorgas, while you're witing you're practising RPing, now would you like another round, I pay. Just don't make a dissaster arround or Mods and Admins will kick me.:lol

In this world the only thing that is always true is that everything changes, moves and tears apart, to latter return in a neverending dance inspired in the movement of wind. ~ So Orril Mis'fer, Sky Tower Apprentice
Xun Darkwoe
Hunter of Thorns
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2006, 11:49:23 AM »

Hello Master Ironforge. it is your great friend, Xun Darkwoe. would you like another round of beer? i have enough money. come on, you know you want to.:biggrin  

Your inner nature resides in your heart and your mind. If either of those are lost, everything that matters is no more
Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2006, 11:13:23 AM »

Good! I got three guys asking me to drink ale.
It's free too :biggrin       Ah I could drink all day

Oh, and Mr. Orc, I did found these in the Mitharim Tribe Occupation list:

Quote:
Mage
The Mage works with tools, items, spell components, reagents, and other physical material to create magic and change his/her environment. Requires excellent memory and concentration skills. Often low in emotional expression or solitary. Either gender.

And there. But give me a final descision if I can or cannot use a Mitharim dwarven mage, so I can edit and put the finishing touches on my CD.

Have a nice day.:fish    

Edited by: Thorgas Ironforge at: 4/19/06 12:19

Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injern Aellenrhim

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2006, 12:15:23 PM »

Didn't knew we had newspaper arround here... Master Thorgas, is there an anousement for a Wind Wizard waiting for title?? :rollin  

Remember, one is good, two is party, but three means you will fall when you make a steep.

Why you don't go to Ximax... there you can meet many people, and is the best school of magic arround here, and you wouldn't have problems with mods.

Edited by: so orril miesefer  at: 4/19/06 4:32

In this world the only thing that is always true is that everything changes, moves and tears apart, to latter return in a neverending dance inspired in the movement of wind. ~ So Orril Mis'fer, Sky Tower Apprentice
Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2006, 11:12:23 PM »

Should I list my spells in my CD? if so, can I have more than 1 level 1 spell?

Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injern Aellenrhim

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2006, 04:14:23 AM »

... Dunno, what element are you??? Please, don't use earth since it will have major modifications.

Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2006, 09:29:23 AM »

It is not necessary to list ALL the spells you know. Also you would most likely know most of the first level spells, as these are but a small list of what could be possible. I would encourage you to do some reading about how magic functions on Santharia. This would give you a much greater range of understanding when you try to RP a mage charrie. If you have any other questions pertaining to magic or just things about your character, feel free to ask them here.

(: :The first morning after acquiring her familiar, the mage awoke with fleabites and mange.: :)

The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon,
ancient and full of death.
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2006, 09:37:23 AM »

I agree with Orril when you should stay away from Earth for the time being as it is still under development.  (and this is coming from the earth obssesed developer)  I would suggest that you stick with either wind or fire as they have the largest variety of spells and therefore are much easier to work with.

Drasil Razorfang CD

Xun Darkwoe
Hunter of Thorns
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2006, 10:47:23 AM »

Hello Thorgas. i have gotten a new picture for my character. tell me what you think why don't you? our character is beautifully written i think but i am sure the mods have found mistakes, as they do with everyone.

Your inner nature resides in your heart and your mind. If either of those are lost, everything that matters is no more
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2006, 10:53:23 AM »

Also to directly answer your question.  Yes you may have as many spells of each level as you desire, just remember that memorizing lots of spells takes time.  As long as your character is higher or as high as the level required, you can learn the spell.  Also, to prevent yourself from being an Elemental mage god person, try to limit the number of spells you have.  In other words, don't give yourself eveery spell from levels 1-8 as it is unlikely for a person to learn everysing one(especially of fire and wind)

Drasil Razorfang CD

Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2006, 10:57:23 AM »

Ok.. I'm not saying that I'll put everything.
So can I put the ! posticon back on?

Edited by: Thorgas Ironforge at: 4/20/06 4:01

Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]