Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Xun Darkwoe  (Read 32815 times)
Xun Darkwoe
Hunter of Thorns
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« on: April 16, 2006, 12:49:23 PM »

Name: Xun Darkwoe
Height: 2 peds
Weight: 229 ods
Eye color: Dark blue
Hair color: Jet black
Race: Elf
Tribe: Eophyrhim Dark Elves
Title: Hunter of Thorns

Detailed Description,

Physical Appearance: He is approximately 2 peds tall and weighs 229 ods. He looks kind of muscular, yet not too strong. He has long black hair, as does everyone in his tribe. His hair is thick and pure black, reaching jet black. His eye color is dark blue and a jagged scar runs across his right eye. His bow is strung across his back with his quiver of arrows. His scimitar is in his black scabbard around his left hip. His scabbard has a painting of a tree on it with many leaves. His quiver of arrows has a painting of a tree with a thin circle of silver around it. In the leaves of the tree there are eyes. His bow has a painting of a shield with a thick silver border, and the shield is painted black. Silver studs are on every corner of the shield. The bow and the quiver together shows the insignia of his tribe He also has some self inflicted scars. He has one scar on his right shoulder. He has three on each leg, each one long and jagged. He also has one across his cheek.

Clothes: He wears a black tunic with black trousers. He also has a grey sash that weaves through the trousers. He has a black cloak, the buttons having the colour silver. He has plate armour over the tunic with a plated belt, the plated belt aving the words in in elven letters, "The Chosen One." When he got this armour the letters made him feel better. He also has leather boots made from deerskin.

Personality: A polite and calm person. He is usually silent yet he speaks on several occasions. These occasions are when he is having a conversation for a job or when he is having the time of his life in a tavern.  He is friendly, yet does not seem like it. most people hate him or are afraid of him because of being Eophyrhim. He is very loyal to his few friends and almost never leaves them. When he gets a job, he finishes it, never just leaving it unfinished.

Strengths/Weaknesses

Strengths:

Intellient and Witty: He is very smart and can get out of trouble. He can think of ways to get out of traps, and figure out ways to do other things.

Scimitar Proficiency: He is good with scimitars and can as fight as a well trained soldier, but not quite as good as a knight. He can also emit poison with his weapons.

Bow Proficiency: He is fair at the bow yet can improve. He is quite accurate, however, and can sometimes hit an enemy 35 peds away.

Poison Creation: He is able to make poison for his weapons, as all Eophyrhim elves can.

Endurance: He can run very far. He can run about 8 strals with only a small 30 second break if he needs to.

Fast: He is very fast and can run about 14 strals per hour.

Weaknesses:

Weak Eyes: He hates bright colors for they hurt his eyes. His tribe is also nocturnal and bright light will hurt his eyes. The Bright lights irritate him so he cannot see well. This is a severe weakness as he can be blinded during a task.

People: Most other Eophyrhim people don't like Xun because he is... different then most Eophyrhims, and pick on him. This gets him angry and he will attack them.

Crazed: He sometimes goes crazy and destroy things wherever he is at, because of loneliness. He can withstand people, but this can  still get him into trouble. He is provoked into this by sadness, of the death of his mother, and goes into rage.

Stubborn: He is very stubborn, and sometimes does not obey anybody. This can make other people mad.

Herb Need Due to his sickness, he needs special herbs to control himself. Without them, he will go crazy.

History:    

Xun Darkwoe was born by a beautiful lady with long black hair, as it is common in the Eophyrhim tribe. He grew very fond of his mother because his father had died before he was born. Killed by his hound, his mother said. He talked to his mother a lot. They had a good life for his mother was some what wealthy and therefore they could afford a home in a nice tree, close to the ground, however, not that close. There was only one problem. Xun needed medical attention for odd ocasions in which he was sad for no reason, and if there was a reason, he went crazy. But this was fixed by special herbs that his mother bought. He had lots of fun, however, that changed.

One day, when he was 93, still young, Xun had entered his tree when he had seen a note on the low table. He took the note, sat on the table, and started reading.

Dear Xun,
                I hope this won't be too troubling, but I have to leave the forest. I have had some great times with you, and i bet you did, too. However, I have had more bad times and therefore I am going to end my life outside the forest. I will no longer bother you. Take my belongings and have a great life.

Xun could not understand. What bad times? Why? When did she write the note? Was is too late? He did not know, but he was going to find out. Xun started to go out of his tree when he noticed that his mothers dagger and scimitar was still there. He was confused, how could she kill herself? He thought that she might have taken one of his weapons by accident. Xun started to run through the forest.

Xun ran out of the forest and looked for his mother. Was she already gone? He found her lying on the ground, staring up at the sky. Xun ran toward her. He looked at her and with one glance, he knew she was dead. He turned her over and looked at the wound. It looked different than most wounds he had seen. He then noticed that there was no weapon in sight. He studied the wound more carefully.

They were armblade wounds! But how? Xun had no armblades, though he did know what such wounds looked like. He only had a scimitar and a bow, no armblades. No weapons, armblade wounds, it matched up. She hadn't killed herself, but  was killed by someone else. But who? And she had written the note, so how? All was still very confusing. He went back to his tree to think.

He entered his tree and sat down on the stool. He was thinking hard. He still couldn't figure it out. Who had killed her was the big question.

After a long time thinking, he stopped and started thinking about himself. How could he live?

He had not many friends and no desire to see them now in his misery. He didn‘t know, what to do for several days, but finally made up his mind. He decided to live the same way, just without his mother. Life wasn‘t as comfortable than before, but he hunted his food and bought, what else he needed from others. So life went on till he was 128.

When he was 128, he had lost all of the money due to the special herbs. He really needed them, or else... what would he do?probably kill himself. He was still a hunter, getting a decent pay, but he was poor because of the herbs. He had buried his mother and went to the grave every day. He had a sad life. He decided to do something else.

He had entered another house early at day, when the tribe was asleep, and took some money from another Eophyrhim elf. But, this is wrong, he thought again. he put the money back and left.

He was still kind of low on money when he was 156, because he had to spend all of his pay on medicene and food. He had barely enough to buy the few goods he needed with which the forest could   provide him, but he could still live his life. He still didn't know what to do. He was low on money, stealing was wrong, what?Taking the last of his money, he left the forest to go someplace else. Maybe he could find a job as mercenary.

He wandered from place to place in Mid Santharia, living from the land, to unveal the mystery which surrounded his parents, but as an Eophyrhim he was nowhere welcome. So, meanwhile without any money left, he went back to the Palaelon.

He was 161 when he got back, and was still poor, for the life of a mercenary had not sited him. He had nothing left to do. he stayed there until someone came.

Someone entered the tree and said hello to Xun. "Who are you?" asked Xun. He looked strange - was it an elf at all?. "Someone," the man replied. Obviously he was a silent man. "I knew of your mother, here, though it is long ago that death came to her" the man laid down a sack on the table and left.

Who was that man? Well, he would figure out later. He looked in the sack. It was full of money! But who gave it to him? And why? Well, anyways, he had a lot of money now, and could live his life.

However, he was still sad, However. His mother was already long dead. and he still didn't know who killed her. It could have been a human, and be dead already, or it could've been a elf, and still be alive. either way, he wanted to know. He set out in the forest to find out.

First off, he knew she was killed by armblades, so who had those? Only a few people in his tribe. This was getting him to nowhere, but he still wanted to find out.

He gave up when he was 182, but sadness drove him to looking some more at 193. He was losing the money, but still had quite a bit. He set out of the forest again to search for the killer because he had no success in the forest, when he was 207. He is now still looking for the killer and is 212.

Weapons: A scimitar and a bow.

belongings:

A poison bottle.
A scimitar and scabbard.
A bow and quiver of arrows.
A silver ring from his mother.
A silver necklace from his father.
An armour set.
A silver Clasp aound his neck.
A silver Bracelet on his wrist.

familiars: He was going to get a hound, but when he heard of how his father died, he decided not.

Misc:
Xun talks in blue.
Xun thinks in lime.
Xun does actions in red.                                                          

Edited by: Kalina Merenwen at: 5/19/06 21:26

Your inner nature resides in your heart and your mind. If either of those are lost, everything that matters is no more
Xun Darkwoe
Hunter of Thorns
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 01:50:23 PM »

hello,

i am now awaiting replies for my new character (by the way this is my second and last account) Please tell me if you find anything wrong.

Your inner nature resides in your heart and your mind. If either of those are lost, everything that matters is no more
so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín Aellenrhim

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 02:42:23 PM »

Hi and welcome.

As far as I know, you can't play as light or dark elves, because they are extremly strong. Have you read the bane?, see that post first and then chose a tribe and all that.

In this world the only thing that is always true is that everything changes, moves and tears apart, to latter return in a neverending dance inspired in the movement of wind. ~ So Orril Miés'éfer, Sky Tower Apprentice
Xun Darkwoe
Hunter of Thorns
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 02:47:23 PM »

nope, i checked, i can play them.

Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 01:49:23 PM »

Many thanks for the invitation, Xun. I'm no moderator, and I certainly don't know how to comment on CD's, but I'll try my best.
First: Please check your grammar and spelling in your history,personality, etc. , because moderators want a well written CD for your character, and I think you would want a well written CD for your character too.
Second: You have to explain in the history section why he hates things like this and loves things like that. It will help expand your history and at the same time get you closer to being accepted. :biggrin  
Third: I don't know about the age, but if you checked it using the Elf Age Caculator found in Lady Araerwen's signature, I will have no comments about it.
Fourth: The sentence "takes permission of drinking the blood of its victims" Please elaborate it as I can't understand it.
The sentence "can hit an enemy from ways away" Please check it.
Fifth: Please spend some time with your CD. Its great for a start, of course, but it needs some furnishing.
Sixth: Whenever you need some advice, just message me. Though I am just a beginner, I'll try and help you. Try posting a message here, somebody will help you. count on it. :biggrin  
Seventh: Have a nice day. :fish  

Edited by: Thorgas Ironforge at: 4/16/06 5:56

A weak mind is a deadly foe.
Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Xun Darkwoe
Hunter of Thorns
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 02:54:23 PM »

thank you very much, thorgas, it was a great help. i will message you later so you can check when i'm done fixing my mistakes.

so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín Aellenrhim

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 03:07:23 PM »

Sure you checked the baned section??? I found thi in it
Quote:
Blood Eye Cult

I suggest you cange it, unless a mod or admin had told you that you can use the blood eye cult.

In this world the only thing that is always true is that everything changes, moves and tears apart, to latter return in a neverending dance inspired in the movement of wind. ~ So Orril Miés'éfer, Sky Tower Apprentice
Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 02:27:23 PM »

Again, thank you for the offer. We newbies must stick together eh?
First: look at the comment Lady Miesefer pointed out. Banned characters are not allowed to be played in Santharia, though it will be used by the story moderator for some stories.
Second: Please check your grammar and spelling thoroughly.
For example the sentence: "white can be hurtful(painful) to his eyes"
"he comes from a tribe of blood eye elves and was born by a beautiful lady." please elaborate this.
Third: Blood eyed elves, I believe, are not a tribe, but a cult. Then again, I could be wrong about it.
Fourth: look at the physical descriptions of the cult, and compare it with yours. There should be a similarity between them.
Fifth: Examine your history, correct any mistakes, as moderators will do a careful reading on this.
Sixth: Use paragraphs and spaces after each to make reading easier for people, specially people with eyeglasses. 8o  
Seventh: Explain why he ended up in a situation and why does he do these things. it will help lengthen your CD. :nod  
Eighth: Try asking for help from the elves around here. :biggrin  
Ninth: i might have overlooked something, but as I said, I'm not good at commenting. :nod  
Tenth: Have a nice day. :fish  

Edited by: Thorgas Ironforge at: 4/16/06 6:50

Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Dagon Fai Ur
New Santharian

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 03:45:23 PM »

Just a quick comment: Thorgas you're right about the Blood Eye Cult... since they are a cult of mainly elves, they cannot be used as a tribe. Secondly, they cannot be played as already stated... they are banned. Yes, I was disappointed too.

-*Dagon Fai'Ur*-

Forgotten One
Reborn in the Light

Xun Darkwoe
Hunter of Thorns
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006, 06:15:23 PM »

thanks for the info, i just changed my character a lot!:thumbup  

Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Mini-mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2006, 07:36:23 PM »

Dandin, what about finishing your other char first?

***Astropic of the day***
"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path   that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking, looking, breathlessly. ~Don Juan"

Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 07:45:23 PM »

Ale? I'll drink every last keg in the tavern if it's on you! :biggrin
Well, I'm no moderator, and I'm not good with comments (You must have memorized this already :biggrin ) But I'll try my best.
First: Check your spelling and grammar. I've noticed some corrections like, "color instead of 'coler', appearance instead of 'appearence''" and so on. They have some impact on our moderators here.
In the history section: he comes from a tribe of eophyrhim dark elves and was born by a beautiful lady with long black hair.
To arrange the sentence, you can say " He is the son of a beautiful lady with long black hair, from the eophyrhim tribe" or something like that.
Second: Read about the eophyrhim dark elves and their personality and way of living etc. and compare it with your elf. There should be some similarity.
Third: An occupation is something that your character does to earn money. Since he is a wanderer, you could say that he is a mercenary for hire, bounty hunter, assassin, etc. Otherwise, how can you buy me a drink? :biggrin
Fourth: Arrange you history in paragraph order , use capital letters and fix your sentences for easier reading. The moderators will examine this carefully.
Fifth: It looks good, as always. I'll read your history after you finished editing it.
Sixth: Don't be afraid to ask your fellow elves about this matter; they would help you. Count on it. :biggrin
Seventh: If you are going to edit your CD, use the comments as a guide, it will make your editing easier, I know from experience.:lol
Eighth: I'm looking forward to adventuring with you lad, but don't stab me because I'm a mage. :biggrin
Ninth: Have a nice day. :fish

Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
so orril miesefer
Sky Master
Approved Character

Elf, Injerín Aellenrhim

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 02:03:23 AM »

Thorgas... I'm not a lady:fish  

Good job, still a grammar and spelling revition would be good, even me noted the spelling, that's bad:lol  

Marvin Cerambit
Carvin' Marvin
Approved Character

Orc, Gob-Oc

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 02:45:23 AM »

Orril: that's what you get for using a prissy manga/anime avatar :p

Anyway, quick question: can your other tread be removed?

Oh, and there's a free online spell checker in my sig in case you didn't have word or equivalent.

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~

Marvin Cerambit ~ Do not tease my Warg, because you are crunchy and tasteful

Need help with your new Character?
~> Click Here <~
Xun Darkwoe
Hunter of Thorns
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006, 03:05:23 AM »

thank you, guys, i'll fix the things. odd... i'm usually good with spelling. maybe because i'm going to fast.:idea  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]

[March 09, 2018, 05:45:59 PM]