Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stables Day II  (Read 13542 times)
Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Mindweaver
Mini-mod

Random person ^^

Homepage
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 11:42:22 AM »

"That woman and I had drinks together earlier. Other than that, I know nothing about her. As for the male Elf, I believe I saw him earlier in the tavern, but again, I know nothing else about him."

Guess not. At this moment Ridgen took a glance at the woman that was rambling on, and opened his mouth to say something, but was interrupted by the sound of a dagger tearing its way into one of the stable's many wooden pillars. His attention turned back to the elfess, who had stepped back, away from the dwarf and the dagger she had embedded into a pillar. She was obviously very angry, and looked like she had absolutely nothing to lose. Which is probably true, so this situation should be approached in a cautious manner. Looking at the way the elfess' eyes are locked onto the dwarf, he was probably the only person the assassin considered a threat.

"Maybe what she says is true, maybe it isn't. But what does it matter? Zarkin isn't dead, any idiot can see that, but if you still don't believe me, then perhaps we can all stand around here gabbing until he wakes up. Lock me up until then, if you think it necessary. After all, according to her I'm here to kill everyone."

To be honest, everyone here should seriously just calm down. "Whoa whoa whoa, calm DOWN. This guy's obviously asleep," Ridgen made a gesture at Zarkin before continuing, " and very much alive. We get it. You may or may not be an assassin, miss, but to be honest, if you were sent to kill him, which I doubt you were, you wouldn't do it here, where anything and everything can be seen by basically every patron of the tavern. Only a fool would do that. As for the 'we're all going to be killed' part, I'm pretty sure that one there's just panicking away," this time he gestured at Mallayn. "You know, you could all just calm down and sort this out without making noises that people can hear from inside the tavern and wrecking the place?" As he said that, he raised the level of influence serenity has within the water Ounia of everyone present in the room - Zarkin excluded - as well as lowering the level of influence that the property of 'chaos'. This should calm them down... a bit.

"Now, how about sorting this out like civilised people?"
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 11:45:39 AM by Ridgen Sú'ufanán » Logged

"Everything is a game - some people just don't realise that."
                                                                       - Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Story Mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 12:42:52 AM »

Thorgas listened intently to Kareesh's explanation about the people in the stable, until the elf produced a knife from her clothing and stabbed at the wooden post. The dwarf jumped backwards at the flash of steel and the sound of metal against the wooden column. He could tell by the lightning quick reflex of the woman that this is no ordinary elf. There might be some truth to Mallayn's accusations after all.

Although a little shaken by this sudden outburst, Thorgas managed to stay quiet. It was a lesson he have to learn, because conjurers such as himself rely on the stability of the mind to cast spells.

Then he felt something amiss in his surroundings. Being a fire mage himself, he and his fellow spellcasters were taught how to sense and manipulate fire ounia to fuel their incantations. For example, gathering fire ounia in an area tends to create a warm environment in its immediate vicinity. It is unnatural for the temperature to suddenly shift this quickly. If this is magic, then it isn't the type that he is familiar with. The fabled dwarven resistance to mind spells can be very useful, but he can feel himself growing calm. The mysterious spell caster is winning.

"Maybe what she says is true, maybe it isn't. But what does it matter? Zarkin isn't dead, any idiot can see that, but if you still don't believe me, then perhaps we can all stand around here gabbing until he wakes up. Lock me up until then, if you think it necessary. After all, according to her I'm here to kill everyone."

"Lock ye up? Perish the thought! Ye can't be givin' us yer coin if yer behind them iron bars. And long as ye don't cause any damage to the Kann and her patrons, 'tis fine by me."

Slowly but surely he can feel his mind slipping into a blissful, calm state. But he would have none of it. The dwarf can't even hear Ridgen talking -- he was concentrating on the people around him, trying to find this hidden mage. With one valiant but desperate effort he jolted himself free from this 'curse'. With a hoarse but loud voice, he snapped at the people around him.

"I.. Will.. NOT be toyed with!" Small sparks, barely visible, emanated from his fingertips. "Stop this at once! Or I'll call the dwarven guard!" He can't cast spells here, lest the people be frightened by this show of aggressive behavior, but he is determined to defend himself, and Buri, from these sinister people.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 12:46:17 AM by Thorgas Ironforge » Logged

A weak mind is a deadly foe.
Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
James Seabird
The Runaway Pirate
Approved Character

Human, Avennorian

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 04:03:36 AM »

James wandered towards the tavern. He had just wandered in from the coast where he had to beat a hasty retreat due to some unwanted attention. He adjusted his gloves to completely cover the seabird tattoo on the back of his hand that identified him as James Seabird the boy who had runaway from the pirate captain who owned him.

As he headed for the door he heard a great deal of bellowing and wailing coming from the stables. "Well that sounds much more interesting." He said to himself. He quickly ran to the door of the stables loosening the rope he wore as a sash, revealing it as a Hrkje whip, in case it was needed. He stood against the door and opened it a fraction to peer inside and see what the commotion was about.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 04:58:31 AM by James Seabird » Logged

James Seabird

The only way you'll ever know how far you can go is to run.
Salena smith
Enthusiastic Swordswoman
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 05:09:08 PM »

As Salena ate her warm meal at the bar, watching everyone in the tavern, her mind wondered. Between the multi tastes that danced in her mouth, watching people talk and sing in the tavern, and noticed someone make their way outside, Salena was content. There was something about the gentleman that walked out intreging, maybe it was because the way he looked as if he heard something or because his ears were different. No matter the case Salena wanted to know where he was off to. She finished her meal and payed the barkeep and after a few moments followed the point eared man outside.

She entered the cold fresh air, she noticed another gentleman by the stable doors. Nothing was special about this man but his gloves and what looked like a whip wrapped around him. He had the stable doors slightly open and appeared to be listening in on what was going on on the other side of the doors. She walked up to the man, tapped him on the shoulder while having her hand placed on her sword in case this man turned around is haste, and asked "Excuse me, may I ask what is so special out here? You seem to be interested in whatever your watching on the other side of thee doors. Instead of standing out here, maybe we should go in?

I am and always will be me. I have my faults and mood swings so if you cant handle me at my worst then you dont deserve me at my best. :) Salena's CD
James Seabird
The Runaway Pirate
Approved Character

Human, Avennorian

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 02:21:35 AM »

James jumped a ped at the touch of the strange woman's hand spinning in mid-air.
He quickly took in the hand on the sword and the gender of the person in front of him, both things scaring and intriguing him. "Excuse me, may I ask what is so special out here? You seem to be interested in whatever your watching on the other side of thee doors. Instead of standing out here, maybe we should go in? He stood for a moment pinned to the door unsure of how to respond. She didn't look like a bounty hunter but one could never tell, especially with a woman. James' mind ran through eight different options for escape but the woman was much too close. The 'safest' thing was probably to go inside and try and get a little distance. "I heard yelling." He said quickly "well screaming and shouting more accurately, I figured it was best to see the situation before charging in." Actually I was just spying. He thought. "If you think it best then please," he gestured to the door "Ladies first."
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 04:58:44 AM by James Seabird » Logged

James Seabird

Salena smith
Enthusiastic Swordswoman
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 10:10:17 AM »

The man in front of Salena jumped and turned around. The man looked scared and looked as if he was trying to decide what to do. Salena held her blad tightly as the man looked at her. The man in front of her explained that he was just trying to see what was going on inside. There was something off, as if he wasn't telling her the whole truth. He then opened the door more and gestured for Salena to go first.

Salena looked at the man and said "Well no, I suggest we talk instead. What brings you to this area?" She needed to know more about this man before she would trust him to walk behind her in any situation.

I am and always will be me. I have my faults and mood swings so if you cant handle me at my worst then you dont deserve me at my best. :) Salena's CD
James Seabird
The Runaway Pirate
Approved Character

Human, Avennorian

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 10:48:04 AM »

James wasn't expecting this response. Good question, what would be a suitable answer? He decided to go with most of the truth since a lie was too complex to think of at the moment. "I was looking for a little respite from all running around that I have to do. Life gets too busy and I need a bit of a break from the coast. I'm a sailor." He explained. The running around part is fun and exciting, but I'm not always a huge fan of the busyness caused by pirates and bounty hunters that are hunting for me.

Time to turn the tables a bit. "What about you? How do I know you wont use that painfully obvious sword in your hand? What brings you here?"
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:49:11 AM by James Seabird » Logged

James Seabird

Salena smith
Enthusiastic Swordswoman
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2011, 02:23:27 PM »

Salena heard the response by the man, "Well, that seems like a good enough reason sir." It wasn't long til he turned the situation on her.  Salena pondered on telling him or not, or even if she would use her sword.

"Well," Salena started, "I can give you my word I won't use my sword on you unless you give me a reason." Salena released her cramped hand from the smooth handle sword. "As for why I'm here, I'm looking for a loved one. I was hungry and restless from my travels and wondered onto this place." Salena stopped herself from talking before she gave this man too much information.

She needed to keep her gaurd up in case this man wasn't who he said he was. She lifted her hand in a gesture of a hand shake and added quickly, "My names Salena Smith. Yours kind sir?"

James Seabird
The Runaway Pirate
Approved Character

Human, Avennorian

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 05:52:36 AM »

James was almost more suspicious of a peaceful woman and her word than of one holding a blade, but decided to give this woman the benefit of a doubt. Then the pretty young woman spoke of searching for a loved one, he wasn't sure what he had been thinking but felt a little disappointed just the same.

She confessed her name and he went through a quick mental checklist to see if that name matched with anyone he knew or had heard of. If she was a bounty hunter then she certainly kept a low profile.

He took her hand encasing it in a firm grip. "My name is James.." He paused for a second to try and think of a more suitable last name "..Gull. Pleased to meet you milady."  Am I supposed to kiss the hand? I've forgotten. Why can't land women come on a ship more often?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 06:01:06 AM by James Seabird » Logged

James Seabird

Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 08:28:01 AM »

The Elf spoke first, but Kareesh didn't hear much he was saying. A sudden calmness came over her, causing her to drop her hands to her sides. Her eyes flickered towards him, wondering if this was his doing. It was just so.....strange.

Then the Dwarf said something about not being able to lock her up as they wouldn't be able to get any of her coin if that happened. Typical for a barkeep to say, yet not something she had ever actually heard before.

It was getting hard to focus on the task at hand, and this frustrated Kareesh, but it appeared there was nothing she could do. The rigidness which had hold over her body gave sway to the calmness in her mind and she began to relax. Something in the back of her mind was screaming at her not to do it, but it was swept away by the river of tranquility.

She was suddenly snapped out of this trance-like state by the sudden outburst of the Dwarf. "I.. Will.. NOT be toyed with! Stop this at once! Or I'll call the dwarven guard!"[/b

A look of confusion crossed her face. Who was toying with him? Was it this calmness he was referring to? Something caught her eye, but before she could see clearly what it was, it was gone. It looked like....sparks coming from his hands?

Falls and fells, she had come across one or more mages. She gritted her teeth together as she raised a hand towards her head, rubbing her temples slightly as a headache formed where the river once was. It appeared she had acted rightly in backing down, but now that he was clearly upset about something, the situation once again spiraled wildly out of her control....

Salena smith
Enthusiastic Swordswoman
Approved Character

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 03:06:12 PM »

The man in front of Salena starred at her then shook her hand with a firm but some what gentle grip. "My names James," he paused for a moment as if wondering if he should give her his last name,"Gull" he continued. "Pleased to meet you mlady" he quickly added.

"Pleased to meet you James. Now that we know eachothers names, and you appear to be no threat to me as have I to you, I hope, shall we make our way into the stables and see what all the commostion is about?" She replied back. Salena gave him a kind smile. Although what she said was true, she still didn't take her guard down completely. She needed to be ready in case anything, form this man or another, happened.

Salena began to enter the stable while looking back at the handsome fellow. As she entered the stables the energy in the room changed. She felt calmer, more then usual, as if there were no worries in the world to her. She saw the man that she was trying to follow before hand and another gentleman on the ground. There were two other females in the room, one with ears like the man she was following. Plus there was a very short man, much like the ones running the tavern. She saw what looked like a dagger in one of the rough wooden posts and held onto her sword if she be needing it at all.

Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Mindweaver
Mini-mod

Random person ^^

Homepage
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 04:21:49 PM »

"I.. Will.. NOT be toyed with! Stop this at once! Or I'll call the dwarven guard!"

The dwarf's shout - and surprising resistance - completely removed any influence Ridgen had on the dwarf's mental state. It never occurred to him that the dwarf would be a mage as well. The shout seemed to affect the elfess as well, which meant that whatever plans Ridgen had in mind was completely shattered. Only the human was under his influence now, and nobody knows how long THAT will last. The only logical thing to do now was get the truth out of the woman before the spell wore off, or appear just as dazed as the rest.

"Sir dwarf... please calm down, nobody is toying with you," Ridgen said in a futile attempt to calm the dwarf down. Then he heard the two people yammering away behind the stable door who sound like they could come in at any- Oh, here's one. This one was another female human, with a hand on her sword. There was another person still behind the door, too, so maybe...

Ridgen turned to the woman who just entered the stables.

"Why, hello there. I was wondering when you would've come out and introduced yourselves. You two were rather noisy behind that door, to be honest," then he turned towards the door. "James, was it? Please show yourself. Being eavesdropped on is a bit unnerving for me, I'm afraid."

The elf turned back to the rest of the group. One of them might have figured it out by now - that's bad. He seriously didn't expect his plan to backfire like this. He cast his gaze over to the only one still under his influence, the girl, and did the only thing he could do. In the most soothing tone he could tune his voice into, Ridgen said, "Erm... Hello? Can you help us please? We need to know what you've heard in this place. Tell us exactly what happened... Anything could be very, very important."

- Ridgen Sú'ufanán
James Seabird
The Runaway Pirate
Approved Character

Human, Avennorian

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2011, 08:23:38 AM »

James heard the call of the fellow with obnoxiously good hearing. There would be no good way to enter this stable with an introduction like that. He would look like a troublesome child caught in the act.

James walked in defiantly looking at the man who called him in. He wasn't hard to identify; the only other folk he could see were either unconscious, a dwarf, or a woman near unconsciousness. He quickly took in the situation, the area, and the escape routes.

Eager to get back at the man he said "Only those who have something to hide are worried about eavesdroppers."

James Seabird

Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Story Mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2011, 07:06:50 PM »

Ridgen was acting like nothing has happened. Or was he deliberately ignoring everything? While he never liked elves before, he found tolerating this one quite hard. Goodness, it's like talking to a child! Although he believed his people's stories about all knife-ears having strange behaviors, this one now proves everything they said were not just myths born out of distrust.

"No no no no NO!" Thorgas snapped back at Ridgen. "Someone dabbled with enchantments awhile back. I felt it's snaky tendrils creeping into my mind. I would know who and I would know why!"

And while the elf was busy ignoring everything around him, two more tallfolks barged in the stables. Green eyes now glared with suspicion at the man and the woman standing at the stable doors. Were they the ones casting the malicious spell earlier?

"Only those who have something to hide are worried about eavesdroppers."

Thorgas quickly turned his head to the one who spoke the words. Finally, someone with enough wisdom in his head and far less air. But wait, this one's got the look of a child as well! Thorgas had no time to think about such things now; what he said made him realize something.

Something to hide... He thought. The dwarf grasped his runed staff with both hands and eyed Ridgen with distrust. Was he the mage, and what does he intend to do?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 07:10:53 PM by Thorgas Ironforge » Logged

A weak mind is a deadly foe.
Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Mindweaver
Mini-mod

Random person ^^

Homepage
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2011, 05:27:25 AM »

"No no no no NO! Someone dabbled with enchantments awhile back. I felt it's snaky tendrils creeping into my mind. I would know who and I would know why!"

That wasn't surprising. Although THIS reply from the boy who had just come in WAS.

"Only those who have something to hide are worried about eavesdroppers."

Well... This might complicate things. That last comment just made Ridgen seem much more suspicious. His next move should be carefully thought-out. But of course, Ridgen being Ridgen, he didn't think things through. "I'm sorry to spoil your moment here, but I have absolutely nothing to hide. Although," the elf seems to ponder the situation for a moment, "These people here seem to. Me being me I want to know what's happening. I'm pretty sure you do too, but knowing what's happening here, with the addition of another two people, things will be a little more complicated."

Then a thought hit him that should've hit him ages ago - maybe if magic can be used to wake up the man Zarkin, things can be cleared up? First, though, he'll have to wait for the girl's side of the story. Again, the elf turned back to the only one left under his influence. Again, he prompted in a soothing voice, "Can you tell us what's happened here, what you've heard? It'd help us out a lot."

- Ridgen Sú'ufanán
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:11:14 PM]

[June 28, 2019, 02:10:53 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]