Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gamaliel Ironforge.  (Read 13614 times)
Gamaliel Ironforge
Ironforge Paladin
Approved Character

Dwarf, Mitharim

« on: April 27, 2006, 02:03:23 PM »

Name: Gamaliel Ironforge
Race: Dwarf
Tribe: Mitharim
Title: Ironforge Paladin
Height: 1.50 peds
Weight: 253 ods
Eye Color: Green
Hair and Beard Color: Brown, peppered with gray

Detailed Description:

Overview: Unlike his younger brother, Thorgas, Gamaliel chose to be a fighter, and at the same time carry on the family's tradition as a smith. That way, he can make weapons for a living, and at the same time forge them for himself.

Physical Appearance: Gamaliel is a pale skinned, muscular dwarf, an evidence to his experiences as a fighter. He has calloused hands, a symbol of his life as a blacksmith. He stands at one and a half peds tall and weighs a little over two and a half pygges. His hair and beard are brown, peppered with gray, and his eyes are green.

Clothes: Gamaliel's everyday clothes are a brown woolen shirt and brown woolen pants, fastened to his waist by a green woolen sash. He has a brown linen cloak and on his head is a reddish cap. on his feet he has white woolen socks with black leather boots. He wears a leather apron and a pair of leather gloves when he's smithing. His battlegear equipments are a greyish iron platemail armor decorated with carvings of runes,  an iron shield with an axe etched on it, and a horned helmet with his name carved on it

Personality: Gamaliel, like his brother, enjoys drinking in a tavern, but he is not a glutton like him. He is a quiet dwarf and he keeps his stories to himself, even when he's drunk. He is also a hardworking and a diligent dwarf who takes pride in everything he accomplishes, and is unwaiveringly loyal to those of his family and his people, willing to take up an axe in defense of them.

Strengths:

Axe Proficiency: Gamaliel is well trained in the use of an axe, though he still has much to learn.

Natural Resistance: As a dwarf, Gamaliel is highly resistant to most spells dealing with fire and ice.

Weapon Smithing: This skill is pretty useful for him if he ever needs money. He could make simple weapons that are both useful and durable.

Weaknesses:

Zealous: Gamaliel is highly defensive of the honor of his family, and any wrong words used against them is enough to turn him into a bloodlusting warrior and get him in trouble.

Moody: Gamaliel has been known to occasionally wake up with a very bad mood, and when this happens, his temper can be unpredictable.

Silent: Because of being so quiet, he has a hard time making friends. The few friends he manage to make will be enough for him.

Old Age: Unlike other warriors who are at the top of their career, Gamaliel is past his prime. Fighting can take a huge amount of strength from him, and swinging his axe tends to tire him out easily; Nevertheless, he can still fight for a limited time before he tires out.

History:
Gamaliel did not share the same interest that his brother, Thorgas, has. While his brother hypnotizes himself with fire, Gamaliel is obscessed with becoming a blacksmith and a fighter.

When he became a teenager, he decided to help his father around the forge. Unlike his brother, who made mistakes until he went to Ximax, Gamaliel quickly learned the trade, including techniques used by his father like the tempting of armor, determining the amount of metal to be used in forging, the proper hammer strike, and more.

He was in the forge one day when he heard loud voices in their home. He went in and found a blacksmith and his father talking, and beside them, on a chair, sat Thorgas. After the smith left, he learned that Thorgas is going to the academy. He was surprised, and at the same time sad, about his brother's departure.

Nightfall came. Gamaliel went to his brother's room, with questions in his head.
" Aye, brother. What's this I heard about you leaving us and going to Ximax?" Gamaliel asked.
His brother turned to him and said, "I'm trying to sleep here. Go away."
"Hmm... Okay... but tell me, are you happy with this? I mean going to Ximax and leaving us here?"
Thorgas sat in his bed and said to his brother, "Well, I don't want to leave you and our folks here, but if I don't study magic, there would be nothing left for me here. I have a dream; a dream that someday I could control fire. Aren't you glad that I'm chasing that dream? and someday when I reached it, I would be perfectly happy with it."
Thorgas returned to his sleep, leaving Gamaliel thinking about what he said.

Tomorrow came, and Thorgas was getting ready to leave for the academy. Gamaliel came to his brother and said, " I've been thinking about what you said last night, about the dream thing. I realized that if I don't start following it, when is the right time, eh? Okay brother, you follow your dream of being a mage, and I'll follow mine, that is, becoming a blacksmith and a fighter. Just promise me that you won't stay too long in the academy, and that you will return to us as soon as possible. You hear?"
Thorgas chuckled and said, " Aye, you're all heart, brother. Okay, I promise. Just don't leave me when you fulfill yours, eh?"

While his brother studies at the academy, He was training under his dad to become a blacksmith. He not only surpassed his father in the trade, but also developed and improved his father's techniques as well.
His father found him in the forge one morning cooling a newly forged axe. He saw that it has a name on it. "Bloodseeker." He says. "Hmm... That's a well made weapon, but I would suspect nothing less of a blacksmith that I trained, eh?" he chuckled. "But then again, what's a weapon if you don't know how to use it? Haha... maybe I can teach you a thing or two about using an axe."
Gamaliel trained with his father on how to wield an axe, sparring with him and practicing with swinging the weapon. He was in one of the caves one day when his father came to him with a something in his hand. he gave it to Gamaliel, a gray bat.
"I know he doesn't fit you, son. but i think you need a companion, in place of your brother. He's yours, and you name it, too."
"Thanks dad. It's wonderful." Gamaliel said. " I'll name him Jozan. It's a perfect name, don't you think?"
"Haha! you got a talent for naming critters. I'm sure it will be a wonderful friend for you." said his dad.

Years passed, and the time has come for his Age of Choosing. He was willing to find a mate, but he couldn't find anyone because there were too many of the males, so he dedicated himself to his work and his dream. He decided that he would leave his family for a while because he would improve his fighting techniques while waiting for Thorgas to finish his own dream, for he already finished his.

Weapons:
Axe: Especially made for heavy hacking and swinging. Forged by himself and made from iron. Personally named Bloodseeker because enemies are guaranteed to bleed once Gamaliel hits them.

Belongings:
- Wood pipe
- Sharpening stones
- Forging hammer
- Skin of wine
- Skin of water
- Bag of food
- Rucksack

Familiars: Jozan, a cute little cave bat, is Gamaliel's companion. He is the only one who keeps him company when he had to train by himself. Jozan likes nothing more than to be perching in Gamaliel's shoulder and inside his bag sleeping.

<p></p>Edited by: Kalina Merenwen at: 9/8/06 21:05
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 03:44:08 PM by Simonne Miller » Logged

Swinging my axe once is murder, but twice is nicer.
The Ironforge Paladin
Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 05:03:23 PM »

Hello Jay, I mean Gamaliel, nice to see you taking a good look at the site. :)  

Boy, you sure suck, stealing my ideas. Just kidding. Look at the Character Archives II and search for my name, you'll see my history there, and base your history on it.
And the gang is staying at my house tonight because my parents went on a vacation to Guam. Bring on the beer! And I want see you there later.

Oink.

And that's my pig, Buri.

Edited by: Thorgas Ironforge at: 4/27/06 9:28

A weak mind is a deadly foe.
Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Gamaliel Ironforge
Ironforge Paladin
Approved Character

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 11:28:23 PM »

Buri? but I thought your pet's name was David...
Anyways help me with this, will you?  

Edited by: Gamaliel Ironforge at: 5/1/06 2:25

The Ironforge Paladin
Kalna Dal'isyrs
Dal'isyrs
Mini-mod

High Elf, Karrhem

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 01:02:23 AM »

Hey Gamaliel! Welcome to Santharia ^.^ I realize your CD is still in the works but I thought I would give my 2 sans real quick. My comments/suggestions will be in this pretty blue color.

Quote:
Axe Proficiency: Gamaliel is well trained in the arts of warfare, being able to use an axe to fight.

I am not sure about the 'warfare' - as he is still fairly young for a dwarf and still has a good many years to see. Dwarves average at about 250yrs. Those which are lucky reach 300yrs. Perhaps a slight rewording. "Gamaliel is well-trained in the use of an axe and is fairly well versed in knowledge of warfare yet still has much to learn."

Quote:
Natural Resistance: As a dwarf, Gamaliel is highly resistant to spells, and is usually unaffected by heat or cold.

Please reword things when you take them directly from the site.

Quote:
Great Vitality: Digesting poisons and the like is no problem for dwarves, as well as inflicting injuries on them.

I am not interested other dwarves - I would like to know about this character. And depending on the poison - not matter how good of a vitality you have, it would still kill you. Immunity is not necessarily natural but built up over time. He would have had to inject himself in some manner with various toxins to build up the resistance.

Quote:
Zealous: Gamaliel is highly defensive of the honor of his family, and any wrong words used against them is enough to turn him into a bloodlusting warrior.

How does this give him a disadvantage against other players? Yes, he is defensive, but that is not necessarily a bad thing nor a disadvantage to a character. In my mind, it would almost be an advantage - as long as they played it smart. Perhaps add a bit more to this particular one to explain *how* it is a disadvantage.

Quote:
Ale: He forgets anything else once he has a mug in his hand.

Most people do, yet in your strengths, you mention he has a high vitality. This implies he doesn't. Expand on this and perhaps alter the strength.

Insanity is only a perception made by those who have yet to attain its greatness. While those of us who have already stepped inside its bounds find bliss in our utter madness.
Nai'r en'Lina ar'Kaimel
Gamaliel Ironforge
Ironforge Paladin
Approved Character

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 01:50:23 AM »

Ok Thanks. That Thorgas is drunk! giving me worthless suggestions.

I'll fix it tomorrow hehehe.

And his real name is Tim. :)  

The Ironforge Paladin
Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 05:34:23 PM »

Why would you confuse a pig with a golden retriever? you're the one who's drunk, you dwarven jerk. And if it's worthless, why did you write it?

Anyway add additional weakness because mods would like a very balanced S&W. (S&W means strengths and weaknesses, brainless oaf.)

Wow... Your history is great.. Though not as great as mine.
:biggrin
Well, put on the ! posticon to let mods comment on your CD.

Oink.

Edited by: Thorgas Ironforge at: 4/28/06 9:40

Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Vesk Lyricahl
Woeful Rover
Approved Character

Human, Eyelian

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 03:18:23 AM »

1. In my opinion, your char is too young to be a master blacksmith. For humans to master a trade, it normally takes the better part of their lifespans. Of course, there isn't any information on or off the site as to the learning speeds of dwarves when compared to humans (for elves there is the Elf Age Calculator). Anyway, younger dwarves start with forging simple tools and it is the older, more skilled dwarves that specialize in weapons, armor, or jewelry, etc... At the age of a hundred twenty, your dwarf is still young, barely past his Age of Choosing. I'd suggest either increasing his age or lowering his skill.

2. I notice that your history does not tell how Gamaliel left his home and clan. As dwarves are not known for wandering the world, this is an important aspect of his history and should be described.  

Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 08:57:23 AM »

Character Portrait:
Height:
Weight:
Eye Color:
Hair Color:

(these are not mentioned in the requirements for creating a CD, however most people perfer if you put them here.  This does not mean you should take them out of de*****ion, instead its just a general, quick synopsis.)
Detailed Description:

Overview: Unlike his younger brother, Thorgas, Gamaliel chose to be a fighter, and at the same time carry on the family's tradition as a smith. That way, he can make weapons for a living, and at the same time forge them for himself.

Physical Appearance: Gamaliel is a pale skinned, muscular dwarf, an(delete an) evidence to his experiences as a fighter. He has calloused hands, a symbol of his life as a blacksmith. He stands at one and a half peds tall and weighs a little over two and a half pygges. His hair and beard are brown, peppered with gray, and his eyes are green.

Clothes: Gamaliel's everyday clothes are a brown woolen shirt and brown woolen pants, fastened to his waist by a green woolen sash. He has a brown linen cloak and on his head is a reddish cap. on his feet he has a white woolen socks with black leather boots. He wears a leather apron and a pair of leather gloves when he's smithing. His battlegear equipments are a greyish iron platemail armor, an iron shield, and a horned helmet.  (Provide a short de*****ion of a detail of the armor as it is not a common item.  Is it made especially for him?  Does it have gold trim or the coat of arms of his clan?)

Personality: Gamaliel, like his brother, enjoys drinking in a tavern, but he is not a glutton like him(We don't care about your brother, so you don't need to make references to him.  Just tell us about Gamaliel). He is a quiet dwarf and he keeps his stories to himself, even when he's drunk. He is also a hardworking and a diligent dwarf who takes pride in everything he accomplishes, and is unwaiveringly loyal to those of his family and people, willing to take up an axe in defense of them.

Strengths:

Axe Proficiency: Gamaliel is well trained in the use of an axe, though he still has much to learn.

Natural Resistance: As a dwarf, Gamaliel is highly resistant to most spells dealing with fire and ice.

Weapon Smithing: This skill is pretty useful for him if he ever needs money.  (Describe his ability as a smith.  Is he an apprentice or is he considered skilled?)

Weaknesses:

Zealous: Gamaliel is highly defensive of the honor of his family, and any wrong words used against them is enough to turn him into a bloodlusting warrior and get him in trouble.

Workaholic: Due to his passion for work, he always overlooked other things in his life, including finding a wife(choosen at the age of choosing.  Any reasons as to why he does not have one does not have to do with this unless he was divorced) and the like.

History:
Gamaliel did not share the same interest that his brother, Thorgas, has. While his brother hypnotizes himself with fire, Gamaliel is obscessed with becoming a blacksmith and a fighter.
(Talk about his parents and his early childhood.  Here you can provide a little bit about his relationship with his brother, but do not focus on him.  This side of the story is about YOU not Thorgas)
When he became a teenager, he decided to help his father around the forge. Unlike his brother, who made mistakes until he went to Ximax, Gamaliel quickly learned the trade, including techniques used by his father like the tempting of armor, determining the amount of metal to be used in forging, the proper hammer strike, and more.

He was in the forge one day when he heard loud voices in their home. He went in and found a blacksmith and his father talking, and beside them, on a chair, sat Thorgas. After the smith left, he learned that Thorgas is going to the academy. He was surprised, and at the same time sad, about his brother's departure.  (What effect did this have on him?  DId it affect his persoanlity?  Did he feel as though he was loosing a part of him?  Once again, don't focus on Thorgas.  Foucs on YOU)

Nightfall came. Gamaliel went to his brother's room, with questions in his head.
" Aye, brother. What's this I heard about you leaving us and going to Ximax?" Gamaliel asked.
His brother turned to him and said, "I'm trying to sleep here. Go away."
"Hmm... Okay... but tell me, are you happy with this? I mean going to Ximax and leaving us here?"
Thorgas sat in his bed and said to his brother, "Well, I don't want to leave you and our folks here, but if I don't study magic, there would be nothing left for me here. I have a dream; a dream that someday I could control fire. Aren't you glad that I'm chasing that dream? and someday when I reached it, I would be perfectly happy with it."
Thorgas returned to his sleep, leaving Gamaliel thinking about what he said.

Tomorrow came, and Thorgas was getting ready to leave for the academy. Gamaliel came to his brother and said, " I've been thinking about what you said last night, about the dream thing. I realized that if I don't start following it, when is the right time, eh? Okay brother, you follow your dream of being a mage, and I'll follow mine, that is, becoming a blacksmith and a fighter. Just promise me that you won't stay too long in the academy, and that you will return to us as soon as possible. You hear?"
Thorgas chuckled as said, " Aye, you're all heart, brother. Okay, I promise. Just don't leave me when you fulfill yours, eh?"

While his brother studies at the academy, He was training under his dad to become a blacksmith. He not only surpassed his father in the trade, but also developed and improved his father's techniques as well.
His father found him in the forge one morning cooling a newly forged axe. He saw that it has a name on it. "Bloodseeker." He says. "Hmm... That's a well made weapon, but I would suspect nothing less of a master blacksmith, eh?" he chuckled. "But then again, what's a weapon if you don't know how to use it? Haha... maybe I can teach you a thing or two about using an axe."  
Gamaliel trained with his father on how to wield an axe, sparring with him and practicing with swinging the weapon. He was in one of the caves one day when his father came to him with a something in his hand. he gave it to Gamaliel, a gray bat.
"I know he doesn't fit you, son. but i think you need a companion, in place of your brother. He's yours, and you name it, too."
"Thanks dad. It's wonderful." Gamaliel said. " I'll name him Jozan. It's a perfect name, don't you think?"
"Haha! you got a talent for naming critters. You can use it to send messages." said his dad.  (More on the bat)
Years passed, and the time has come for his Age of Choosing. He was willing to find a mate, but he couldn't find anyone because there were too many of the males, so he dedicated himself to his work and his dream. He decided that he wouldn't leave his family, because he would wait for Thorgas to finish his own dream, for he already finished his.
(I have a few problems with this.  First, you make your character dependent upon THorgas and therefore it isn't going to work.  Spend more time on Gamaliel and less time on Thorgas.  Mention more about the bat.  Mention why he left.  Mention any events that have shaped his life that DO NOT have to do with THORGAS!)

Weapons:
Axe: Especially made for heavy hacking and swinging. Forged by himself and made from iron. Personally named Bloodseeker.

Belongings:
- Wood pipe
- Sharpening stones
- Forging hammer(Why bring this and not any other forging equipment.  It is useless by itself unless you plan to use it as a weapons)
- Skin of wine
- Skin of water
- Bag of food
- Rucksack

Familiars: Jozan, a cute little bat, is Gamaliel's companion, useful for sending messages to people.  (Write more here.  What is thier relationship?)

Drasil Razorfang CD

Gamaliel Ironforge
Ironforge Paladin
Approved Character

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 02:06:23 PM »

Hey. I just included him in my history, and it's not about him ok.

Edited by: Gamaliel Ironforge at: 5/1/06 2:24

The Ironforge Paladin
Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 05:17:23 PM »

Hmm... Better than the last one.

Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Xun Darkwoe
Hunter of Thorns
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 07:38:23 AM »

Brother, Cousin, who is "Tim" to you, Glamiell (pardon me if i typed ths wrong) Thorgas is my best friend here, i am just curious, you guys seem to have some relationship.

Oh and by the way, it is kinda dangeros telling people just your name you know. i wouldn't do that, Thorgas doesn't know  my name. (i'm an alien to him, 0] )

Your inner nature resides in your heart and your mind. If either of those are lost, everything that matters is no more
Drasil Razorfang
Remote Rover
Approved Character

Elf, Meladrhim/ Injerin

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 02:37:23 AM »

I'm sorry, my commenting was kind of "rough" however I was trying to make the point that from the reader's perspective, you sepnd more time about thorgas than you do about yourself.  I hope that clears up some issues.

Drasil Razorfang CD

Xun Darkwoe
Hunter of Thorns
Approved Character

Elf, Eophyrhim

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 06:28:23 AM »

wait, ok first off, you and thorgas are the same age, unless he back it down a bit... i think he did, and you are his older brother here! awsome i am major friends with him here! join the family buddy. my friends are now updated to thorgas, orril, cronah, and gamaliel!

Your inner nature resides in your heart and your mind. If either of those are lost, everything that matters is no more
Thorgas Ironforge
Ironforge Pyromancer
Mini-mod

Dwarf, Mitharim

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 10:33:23 AM »

Hey! try to integrate Master Vesk's comments. He WAS a former mod.

Oink.

Heya Xun! This brainless oaf happens to be my best friend! :nod

And you forgot to add Huma.  

Edited by: Thorgas Ironforge at: 5/2/06 3:04

Thorgas Ironforge
Buri
Thorgas' theme song
Twn Arerwn
Death's Mistress
Approved Character

Elf, Iferhm

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 01:38:23 PM »

Hello Gamaliel! Welcome to Santharia. My comments shall be in the ever-ugly color: orange

Age: 120 This is a bit young to be a great smith and a warrior, I would recommend upping this a bit.
Height: 1.50 meters
Weight: 253 od.
Eyes: Green
Hair: His hair and beard are brown, peppered with gray.

Character Portrait:

Detailed Description:

Physical Appearance: Gamaliel is a pale skinned, muscular dwarf, an evidence to his experiences as a fighter. He has calloused hands, a symbol of his life as a blacksmith. He stands at one and a half peds tall and weighs a little over two and a half pygges. His hair and beard are brown, peppered with gray, and his eyes are green.

Clothes: Gamaliel's everyday clothes are a brown woolen shirt and brown woolen pants, fastened to his waist by a green woolen sash. He has a brown linen cloak and on his head is a reddish cap. on his feet he has a white woolen socks with black leather boots. He wears a leather apron and a pair of leather gloves when he's smithing. His battlegear equipments are a greyish iron platemail armor, an iron shield, and a horned helmet. This is some nice armor, yet I am certain a dwarf would have more to say in a de*****ion of something he crafted. ;)

Personality: Gamaliel, like his brother, enjoys drinking in a tavern, but he is not a glutton like him. He is a quiet dwarf and he keeps his stories to himself, even when he's drunk. He is also a hardworking and a diligent dwarf who takes pride in everything he accomplishes, and is unwaiveringly loyal to those of his family and people, willing to take up an axe in defense of them. This is a nice summary of his personality. But I would think you could describe a bit more here as the personality section defines a character for who he is. Maybe just expanding on the stuff you already have would do wonders.

Strengths:

Weapon Smithing: This skill is pretty useful for him if he ever needs money. How good of a smith is he? Could he only make decent weapons or if he had some mithril could he fashion a legendary weapon? A sentence or two here would really help define how great of a smith he is.

Weaknesses:

Workaholic: Due to his passion for work, he always overlooked other things in his life, including finding a wife and the like. This is not a strong weakness at all as a passion for his work could be viewed as a strength. Most likely it would be a major boon amongst other dwarves.

You need a few weaknesses added or at the very least a very strong one to offset your smithing and weapon skills.

Weapons:
Axe: Especially made for heavy hacking and swinging. Forged by himself and made from iron. Personally named Bloodseeker. Why is it he gave this name to his weapon?

Belongings:
- Wood pipe
- Sharpening stones
- Forging hammer
- Skin of wine
- Skin of water
- Bag of food
- Rucksack

Familiars: Jozan, a cute little bat, is Gamaliel's companion, useful for sending messages to people. A bat cannot be trained to do something a normal bat would not. So I can't seem to see a bat being  a messenger pigeon.

I hope my comments speedup the process of gaining your title. If you have any questions please feel free to ask them in here. There are many people willing to help you if you need it.

~bows gracefully and departs~

(`._he pe e pon the rowd ike a ragon, ncient and u o eath_.)

The spell fell upon the crowd like a dragon,
ancient and full of death.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]