Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Cuteness  (Read 8137 times)
Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
CD Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« on: March 14, 2012, 04:33:41 AM »

I've been feeling rather down lately, and I've been having trouble... well, smiling. The world's a lot darker now than it used to be. Perhaps it's just me growing up, and it's just me NOT being an innocent young kid, and actually having responsibilities and failing at them and such. I'm growing older, my parents are growing older, I'm actually going to be out of school in a few years, and I feel completely unprepared for the world. In essence, it's suffocating, and at times, it feels like the world is closing in, and there's nothing I can do to calm down, take a deep breath, and just deal with things. It moves too quickly, and I'm drowning in all the responsibilities, the work, the expectations. Either way, I'm not a happy Seh.

So in an effort to... ya know, see the joy and happiness in the world, I'm going to be posting cute stuff here, inspirational/motivational things I find on the net and heart-warming things like that. At least once a day, until the sun shines a little brighter on my tiny corner of the world. And even if it counts as spam (which I hope it won't be), it'll be cute spam. Feel free to post anything you find too. And perhaps, it'll give you a reason to check Santh every day, right? Seh's Daily Dose of Cuteness. I like that.

ANYWAY. Today's Dose of Cuteness will be cat gifs. Cause they're adorable and make me smile.

SURPRISE DOG GIF!

Warrior Kaelan
Footman
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 05:04:14 AM »

If this is spam, to be accused of and censured for, then let us be guilty. You're not the only one suffering from depression, and I think your little effort to lighten it does us all wonders. Thank you, and I'll keep watching.
Tak
Pyro-Geologist
Story Mod

Gnome, Golgnome

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 05:11:48 AM »

Kitties!  Hehe, I love that first one, it cracks me up every single time I see it.

"There’s Nothing Worth Doing That Isn’t Worth Overdoing" - Tak "The Magnificent"
Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
CD Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 08:42:35 PM »

Oh yeah, kitties are adorable, Fu. I added the puppy cause I'm actually a dog person, but I'm still not immune to the adorableness and fluffiness that are kittens. heart And thanks, Kaelan. Nice to see you around, by the way. ^^

Today's Daily Dose of Cuteness will be this.

Free Hugs Campaign

I'm not sure how many of you have heard about this, but seeing as Juan Mann (the dude who got the ball rolling) turned thirty just a few days ago, I thought it'd be a good way to honour him and his awesome idea.This has got to be one of the most touching acts of random kindness I've seen, by the way. It happened in Singapore as well a few years ago; if you've been to Singapore, you'll find that we're very conservative and passive. The Free Hugs Campaign here hit it off quite well - I was quite surprised. I don't know if it was an official Free Hugs thing though - all I remember was people giving out free hugs on Orchard Road. I got a few, and they convinced my then-boyfriend to give out a few as well. I was quite proud - he was a really reserved person then.

My class might be doing something for it for the kicks this year. Perhaps some time later during the year, when everyone's stressed out from the As. Set up a table in the canteen, with a banner saying "FREE HUGS". Make the J2s less stressed out. I hope we do it, honestly. It's a lovely thing to do.

Fu Luft
Befuddled Spellblower
Mini-mod

Human, Avennorian/ Eyelian

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 11:05:48 PM »

Oh yeah, kitties are adorable, Fu.

Actually, although I am quite a few people, I am no one who has posted in this thread before now. :) No worries, though!

Seh, I think it speaks for you that you are combating melancholia with cuteness and kindness. There are many less healthy and less kind-hearted ways of reacting to feeling low. Good luck to you, Seh!

Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
CD Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 12:19:44 AM »

Right, not Fu. LOL. I blame the thread in the CD forum, when I think Sim/Rayne speculated Tak was you. I'm sorry. And thanks. I hope you enjoy the photos too. ^^

Sorry for messing you up with Fu too, Tak. Although I'm pretty sure you're an oldbie; your CD is just too well written. ;)

Tak
Pyro-Geologist
Story Mod

Gnome, Golgnome

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 12:32:02 AM »

Shhh don't blow my cover!  Also...don't look at my profile and see that I registered in August of 2008.

"There’s Nothing Worth Doing That Isn’t Worth Overdoing" - Tak "The Magnificent"
Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
CD Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 07:48:53 PM »

O.o I... never noticed. But okay, Tak. I'll keep your oldbie status hush hush. :D

I know I missed yesterday, so here's a Double Daily Dose to make up for it.  heart

Christian the Lion

I'm not sure if you have heard of Christian, but he's this lion that was adopted by a couple a decade or so ago. Anyway, they saved the little cub from certain death, and raised him until his release into a reserve when he was older. Either way, this is what happened when they came back to visit him. It's very adorable, and well, it's heartening to know that love transcends everything - even species.

And here is a shout out to the misunderstood spiders in our homes:

I was deliberating on putting up more, but it'd have become a huge picspam. LOL
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 05:20:17 AM by Seh'nara Celebrindal » Logged

Warrior Kaelan
Footman
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 04:30:25 AM »

Those last three pics show up on my screen as broken, and Avast! says the site has a trojan. Loved the story of Christian, never heard of it before. Thanks for leading us to it. I think I cried a little bit.
Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
CD Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 05:31:13 AM »

Is it? It seemed fine to my own anti-virus. Undecided But a quick Google search provided me with the same pictures, different website, so I relinked them all. :D

At any rate, this is the Daily Dose of Cuteness.

Ted Williams is the perfect radio-voice guy, and boy, when I say perfect, I MEAN perfect. It's silky smooth, and seriously, just absolutely suited for the radio. Unfortunately, he was homeless and poor, but instead of begging, Williams touted his voice for a dollar on the streets, until his video went viral. And what did that viral video get him? A house.

I am not joking.

A HOUSE.

This is a side of humanity I'd like to see more of.

Tak
Pyro-Geologist
Story Mod

Gnome, Golgnome

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 07:56:08 AM »

Hmmm this thread needs more cuteness! 

Simon's Cat - Shelf Life

Simon's Cat - Cat & Mouse

I love those videos, it's all too true, reminds me of my kitty.

Irid alMenie
Wolf-Lady
CD Mod

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 03:56:52 PM »

Here's one that I just happened to come across :) It says "just a little while longer and then it's spring!"

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Tak
Pyro-Geologist
Story Mod

Gnome, Golgnome

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 06:55:13 AM »

What's cuter than a baby elephant playing at the beach?  Not a whole lot.  More pics here.

Alýr (Rayne)
Dreamress
CD Mod

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 09:19:42 AM »

Spider pictures remind me of business cat:

Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
CD Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 01:25:50 AM »

Awesome pictures, guys. :D The elephant is so cute! And Tak! I was actually going to link you guys to the cat too - I saw it on Youtube a few days ago. Love the annimation; it's so clean and adorable. ^^

Irid: Awh, kitteh! I love how it's sniffing the flower; it's precious. heart

Rayne: AWESOME HAHAHA. I've never heard of Business Cat, but it has a perfect business mind. ^^

Anyway, today's Daily Dose of Cuteness will be these videos:

Say Something Nice

It's something like the Free Hugs video, but not. This group called Improv Everywhere set up a megaphone in NYC, which invited people to say something nice. And it's rather endearing, I have to admit. The group is pretty cool; I only discovered them a few days ago. They are exactly what their name suggests - they improvise awesome/comedic situations in the USA anywhere. The following videos are my personal favourites, but if you want to, you can check out their channel. It's pretty creative.

Mute Button

Star Wars Subway Car

Meet a Black Person

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]

[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]