Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jerrit Caladan  (Read 8285 times)
Jerrit Caladan
New Santharian

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2002, 07:12:22 AM »

Well, I said I couldn't spell.  As for harpies, they tend to live underground, and are very private, so they might exist without ever being recorded.  Or maybe they have been recorded, but not widely known about.
Being a half-harpy is particuarly important to Jerrit's history, because without those wings he'd be dead several times over.  I'm currently writing Jerrit's history, which is long.  Oh, and I forget to mention before: Jerrit speaks Goblinese, the language of the goblins, fluently.
Here is my proposed solution.  By birth Jerrit is, and was, a half-harpy.  But about two months ago his wings disappeared.  He doesn't know where they might have went to, and hasn't really noticed they're gone yet.  (He woke up without wings... yes, I have a vague inkling to where they went, but Jerrit doesn't.)  It's not the best solution, but it's the kind of crazy thing that would happen to Jerrit.

Tarquet Galbar
New Santharian

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2002, 07:30:22 AM »

Um, no. It's not so much that it isn't recorded and people don't know. Weavers are a secret organization, but they still have a very descriptive entry on the site. If it existed it would be there, and it doesn't. And, as before stated, we aren't accepting new races.

And there's one thing I just saw, something about discussing whether Drizzt could beat Sauron. AD&D don't exist in Santharia, and neither does LotR (sadly).

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Jerrit Caladan
New Santharian

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2002, 07:37:22 AM »

No, Drizzt and Sauron don't exist in Santhorian... that was just an example.  And I'm asking for main character to be a harpy, just his mother.  *sigh*  Actually, it makes my head hurt to debate it.  If you have a better idea, I'll listen.

Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2002, 08:03:22 AM »

His mother could just have a physical abnormality which gave he wings, and she could be a human, elf, etc. She could just have the character traits of a harpy. That a good suggestion?

And glad to hear about a looong history! I like those!

I be
Bahran's
The owner of this sig is

I'm the html KING!
And also a Mod on the char descrips board

BAHRAN!!

"Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; The best of life is but intoxication."
- Lord Byron
Viresse
New Santharian

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2002, 08:28:22 AM »

I dinnae. We had that horrible ugly debate about that Angel-Girl with the wings, we were forced to lower her to simply 'a Mage's accident'. So...

If you REALLY want wings, it's going to have to be a mage's accident. Like the idea of some mage tooling about with shape-shifting you into a dove or something and flubbing the re-transformation, causing you to have wings. Beeg ugly wings. And the tweaky mentality of a bird. And probably some other problems to keep you un-godly enough to be playable in Sorren.

You may also need to know that people with wings would be seen as... almost demons, a freak of nature, so that will be another aspect.

Uh. Otherwise, you seem to be doing very well.

As for the whole harpy thing, they don't necesarily need to be a RACE. They could just be a semi-sentient animal, much like Dolpholk or Trolls. However, it would DEFENITELY limit the possibility of a human-harpy. That would be beastiality, and I don't know if ANYONE likes that idea, including me.

So, These are my ideas and proposals. What does everyone think?

Viresse Sheelala
~contact~character~

Jerrit Caladan
New Santharian

Hm
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2002, 10:44:22 AM »

Well, most harpies aren't really a race, more of an animal.  However, as I said there is an exception, and Jerrit's mom was it.  (I say was because Jerrit's mom's identity has been called into question.)  Jerrit already would have been considered a freak, because harpy/human relationships generally don't happen.  As in ever.  I was hoping that my character would already by ungodly as that he is mentally impaired (well, that's not quite true, he may be crazy but he's very very smart... as I said before, he's bookish) and has little talent in anything but writing books (next to useless in an RPG) and summoning goblins (about as obscure a school of magic as they come.)  For clarification, that means he can't fight hardly at all.
As for a mages accident, it would certainly make sense.  Jerrit could probably piss off anyone.  But that calls his heritage into question.  I'm starting to worry if this poor guy will even get a mom...

Bahran the big
Mercenary
Approved Character

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2002, 10:58:22 AM »

I got an idea if your okay with your mother being a beast, just go to the development forums and descrip harpys in the beast section. Then you can have her be a harpy, otherwise, no harpy in descrip!

I like the messed up by a mage deal. That would explain a lot!

I be
Bahran's
The owner of this sig is

I'm the html KING!
And also a Mod on the char descrips board

BAHRAN!!

"Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; The best of life is but intoxication."
- Lord Byron
Jerrit Caladan
New Santharian

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2002, 11:08:22 AM »

Hey, yeah!  Then his mom would be justified, so all I'd have to say was that Jerrit is a harpy/human by birth, but was changed into a human by a mage!  It's sort of the reverse of the other idea.  Jerrit would have to be a full human, but at least I wouldn't have to sort out the details for his parentage.  And if he was ever cured he couled have wings, because he'd still be a human... Just a human changed to have wings thanks to a spell.  It's complicated, but I think it'll work.

Uragel
New Santharian

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2002, 11:13:22 AM »

As for harpies, they tend to live underground, and are very private, so they might exist without ever being recorded. Or maybe they have been recorded, but not widely known about. But they would still be a part of the Santharian World, and an entry would need to be made in the world development if you really want him to be a half-harpy. Their popularity or general knowledge doesn't come in to play here. They aren't on the web site = not allowed. :\

You've got the following options:

* Drop the Harpy, and go with the mage "whoopsie" idea that I suggested earlier. Or some other magical "mishap".

* Create the harpies as a beast and wait until they are done for your title. Although beast - species relationships would be "Bestiality", and also the chances of a child "living" would be "logically" somewhat "nil." Try demon?

* Drop the wings and make him think that he has wings.

These are what has been suggested. It doesn’t' matter how rare harpies are in another world Sorren is a world on it's own. If you want them badly enough, you can pop over to the development forums, and then create them - a link is on the main forum page down the bottom - a little drop down menu - the World Development forums ;)  check that out. Once you've read about how to create a beast in the beast / herb area then go to the actual Santharian web site (link up the top of ALL forum pages, click the pic) The research where they would go.

Create your entry, post it. Get the harpies on the site, and then you can have the wings, until then your options are somewhat limited!

~ Uragel! ~  
 ~ Character Description | World   of Klintorth
~ Little Miss Moderating Mistress & All Round "Little Helper"~~  
Dont let it end like this...... Tell them I said something!!!

Jerrit Caladan
New Santharian

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2002, 11:36:22 AM »

*sigh* All I wanted was to create a fun, interesting character, maybe to make people laugh, not this.  By this point, I'm willing to forget my character and just have a boring, stupid, arrogant, HUMAN fighter.  I hate playing fighters, but it's better than sitting around in limbo arguing.

Viresse
New Santharian

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2002, 11:45:22 AM »

*erps* Uh... uh...

Take a minute... breathe and relax. There's no need to settle, unhappy RP'ers make for unhappy RP. We're all here to have fun! We love your character, we're just trying to fit it into Sorren. That part is difficult...

don't give up! We've given you some options, so go with what you really want to do!  

Viresse Sheelala
~contact~character~

Uragel
New Santharian

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2002, 11:50:22 AM »

Yeah limbo bites. I had to "de-god" my character when I first started. Were not saying *NO* we're saying you can develope the harpies, or create the wings as some type os magical goof-up, or have him think that he has wings. It's up to you... :\  I'm not being cruel, or B|tchy "rules are rules" and harpies don't exist.. You can develope them if you want... and then come back...

~ Uragel! ~  

Jerrit Caladan
New Santharian

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2002, 01:28:22 PM »

AGH!!!  I just made a long, beautiful post and had it all deleted!!!!!!!  *starts foaming at the mouth*  Okay... calm down, Jerrit... calm... calm... KILL!!!!!!!!
Okay, I really am calm now.  To make a long post short, Jerrit was transformed into an imp by apprentice mage Tigral Hammerfield, but the transformation screwed up and he just got wings.  Lucky him.  I'm not going to ever mention his mom, so I'm not going to think about her.  She can be a drake for all I care, so long as Jerrit is okay.
So right now Jerrit's title should be Starvin' Artist (Winged Human).  Feel free to change (Winged Human) to whatever wording works better.  I suggest (Winged Person), (Interspecies Accident), (Magical Freak of Nature), or (Freaking Moron).

Uragel
New Santharian

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2002, 01:30:22 PM »

Winged Artist (Male Human) ??

~ Uragel! ~  

Jerrit Caladan
New Santharian

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2002, 01:34:22 PM »

Whatever works! :)  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]