Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rhuken Do'Gaul  (Read 16362 times)
Rhuken
New Santharian

« on: March 03, 2002, 05:45:22 AM »

Race: Elf
Description: Dark hair, and darkly tanned skin. Green-blue eyes. Pretty muscular, especially for an elf.
Equipment: Strong Elven made armour
                 A medium shield
                 A magical sword he forged himself, of which he calls "Darksword"
                 A cloaked robe that goes around his armour
History:
         Rhuken grew up in an Underling Elf village. A village where evil elves live underground. Rhuken was not like most Underelves though. He was kind to most around him, and disagreed with the cruel ways of Underelves. When he was 16 years old, he went to a boarding school where most Underelves learned to fight. It was called "The Academy of the Warrior". After he was graduated from there, at the age of 19, he went to "The Academy of Dark Magiks" where he learned to work magic, mostly necromancy. His childhood dream was to become a Templar, of which were like paladins in a way,  so he learned to be like them by going to these schools.
      At age 27, he graduated and  left the UnderWorld. Since he knew little how to behave in the outside world, he first moved to a small elf village, where he was accepted as a fellow elf, although most Underelves were not accepted by their fellow Elves. Rhuken was, mainly cause he was such a likeably person. After adjusting to the world above, he set out to become a Templar.
    Rhuken arrived at a small tavern in a large city, where he met a Templar, called Darron. Darron was a human, though. Since meeting Darron, Rhuken became a Templar after taking a vigorous test, in which he had to do two things. Forge a magical item by himself, was the first task. He forged then a magical sword of which he named "Darksword".
    The next Task was to lead a dangerous mission. His mission was to cleanse the city sewers of a growing blight of Ratmen, with other Templar.
     After  completing the Two Tasks, Rhuken was offically a Templar.

Since he has become a Templar, Rhuken has forged an unbreakable friendship between a Necromancer named Holj Thaldaer, and Darron.  

StarfireJeM
New Santharian

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2002, 05:59:22 AM »

umm.. I didn't think santharia had an Underworld?.. I think you need to read more of the info on the site Click Here to go there.

-JeM
---

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
--Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)
~picture~ ~descrip~

Tarquet Galbar
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2002, 11:19:22 AM »

Santharia does have an Underworld. It's just on the underside of it. Sorren is flat. But that is still in development.

1.)Elves don't live in the Underworld. Nothing -lives- in the Underworld. Everything is technically dead, as far as I can tell.

2.)There is no such thing as "Dark" magic. There is just magic.

3.)I doubt you could study Necromancy and sword fighting without one being bad.

4.)To forge a magic sword takes another different kind of magic. Much more difficult to learn. Very much so unprobable.

5.)All ages you have are -WAY- too young for an Elf.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Uragel
New Santharian

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2002, 11:23:22 AM »

I'm staying out of the "magic" area.. but from what I can gather.... your age should be something like 300 - 500 some where.. you want all that experience, then that's the age <grin>

Elves live for a long time and age slower so it's *ok* to be older...  

Uragel!
*Character Description * World of Klintorth*
~~ Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.~~
Dont let it end like this...... Tell them  I said something!!!
~~Little Miss Moderating Mistress - All Round "Little Helper"~~
The best way to make a long sig look smaller - shrink the text!

Rhuken
New Santharian

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2002, 03:58:22 AM »

Look, no one ever said you had to live in a specified area of Sorren. The webmaster has allowed people to make up their own cities, and other things as long as it doesn't get in the way of other people's characters or stories.

"Dark Magic" technically does exist. Although it's usuallly referred to as Necromancy.

Yes, you can be a necromancer and a fighter at the same time. Here is why I think so: Fighting bascially is nothing more than knowing how to shoot, and wield a weapon. It does'nt take long to learn how to fight. Also, learning to use magic does take longer, but it is possible to hone up on your fighting skills once in a while.

I do believe you're able to use the methods of evil to do good.
No one ever said Necromancers or Werewolves had to be evil!
They just seem like it since they're different from other people. Besides, and I failed to mention this, but Rhuken worships a god called Ghal who uses evil to do good. Although other people look at Ghal as just evil. The world is much more complicated than just plain evil and just plain good, I strongly believe.

Now, for the age. I might have been misleading in how old my character is. I do apologize for that. But, I was referring to about the age of 250-350, since that is about close to 30 years in human years. I was referring to how old he was in the way human characters would look at it. Mainly because we're all humans, in real life, and I thought some people might not know about the life span of elves and humans.

Rhuken
New Santharian

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2002, 04:00:22 AM »

By the way, how do you get a character portrait? Please explain how.

Celestyn Avalotus
New Santharian

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2002, 04:15:22 AM »

Drow elves are said to live underground. o.o; .... I'm going to be quiet now... Dum di dum...

StarfireJeM
New Santharian

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2002, 04:21:22 AM »

You would have to create a city and have it approved for that in the Places and Map Design section on the Santharian Board if that's what you wanted.
If you want Dark Magic and the closest you can have is Necromancy, then change your description to Necromancy.
You might be able to have both Necromancer and Fighter but you need to make one very much weaker than the other because you need weaknesses.
If you failed to mention he worships Ghal, then you need to mention it. Also.. is Ghal a santharian god? I don't see him but I could be wrong.
If what you meant by the age was 250-350 then you need to change the age to that, he's an elf not a human, he needs elf years.
To add a character picture you need to upload one onto the web.. if you have no webspace send one to Uragel and she can get one up for you. After you get one uploaded onto the web, just paste the link into the picture thing in your profile.

-JeM
---

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
--Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)
~picture~ ~descrip~

Rhuken
New Santharian

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2002, 01:21:22 PM »

No, actually, you DON'T have to. Okay, I did fail to mention Ghal, (he's a demi-god actually) and I wasn't intending to create a city. Did I say anything about CREATING a city? no. I just said that's where he came from, so just leave it at that and shut up about it.

Viresse
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2002, 06:28:22 PM »

you're being particularly Rude, my boy. You have no need to get snappy with Moderators. And if you have a problem with the way rules are set, then you need to take it up with Artmidor.

If you've decided to create a demi-god, you need to have the idea submitted. If you're claiming to be from a town, we need to have an Idea of where it is.

Please, for the sake of everyone, take a look at Santharia. There's an amazing wealth of information there that you may find to be very helpful, and you may even discover that we are Wrong in some aspects.

In the meantime, try your hardest to be polite. We are all here trying to help one another and to have a good time.

... if you spend your Life contemplating Life, then ultimately You waste your Life...

~contact~www.geocities.com/sistina138/viresse.html">character~

Edited by: Viresse at: 3/4/02 9:33:55 am
Artimidor Federkiel
Admin

Homepage
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2002, 07:57:22 PM »

Yup, no demigods please!

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...

The Santharian Dream Webmaster - Let Fantasy Dreams come true!
World Development Admin - The Forum where Worlds are born...
Tarquet Galbar
New Santharian

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2002, 08:41:22 AM »

That's it. Rudeness! Outright! NEVER!

1.)I'll restate what I said: THERE IS NO DARK MAGIC YOU BIG FREAKING IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Necromancy is not Dark Magic. It's Necromancy.

2.)What's this mention of Werewolves? They don't exist in Santharia.

3.)Wow, no. Fighting is not 'easy' to learn. Not if you want to live. Anyone can swing a sword, but if you are even slightly off balance you have your throat slashed or be run through. It's not easy. It also distracts from the study of magic.

4.)People make new cities all the time, yes. But in the developmental forum. That's the way things work. Someone is currently working on the Underworld, which is just under Sorren as I said. So you're just too late.

5.)You mention Underelves? They don't exist. Dark Elves, or Drow, do. And yes, they do sometimes live underground, but that doesn't mean they live in the Underworld.

6.)DON'T YOU EVER F*CKING TELL AN ADMIN TO SHUT UP ABOUT IT! You are wrong. You have to have the city approved in the developmental forum. You can't just say it's there and he came from it. It has to be created first. So no, you're wrong.

I think that takes care of that.

PS: Uragel, if you think I'm being too mean, I don't really care this time. Someone just took it one step too far.

Viresse
New Santharian

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2002, 10:15:22 AM »

Tarquet! hoi!

I know this rp'er is a little snippy, but I don't know if snapping back is going to solve anything.

However, You are very right. Let's just see if Rhuken is going to finish his character.

In the meantime, let's not be too hasty. We're all here to have fun! *giggles* So have fun or I'll start slaying folks!  

... if you spend your Life contemplating Life, then ultimately You waste your Life...

~contact~www.geocities.com/sistina138/viresse.html">character~

Uragel
New Santharian

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2002, 10:39:22 AM »

Quote:
PS: Uragel, if you think I'm being too mean, I don't really care this time. Someone just took it one step too far.
Nup, this time I'm not really that fussed about your rudeness, however thanks for taking the time to tell me that you don't care. The only "beef" that I have with you this time is your language. Kids read this... As in people 8 and 13 year olds... So :\  Where as your some what upset, I can accept that, there are other ways in "showing your anger".

Swearing is one of the best ways to show a _lack_ of vocabulary skills. So just a "tip" everyone in general, if your angry, use big words. It will make you sound smarter while still getting your point across. - No offence meant towards you Tarq.

Now Rhuken,

Quote:
No, actually, you DON'T have to. Okay, I did fail to mention Ghal, (he's a demi-god actually) and I wasn't intending to create a city. Did I say anything about CREATING a city? no. I just said that's where he came from, so just leave it at that and shut up about it.

Ghal - doesn't exist, change it to an existing god or scrap it!

Your city, you can have it.. You need to develop it first! By heading over to the world development area and then doing it that way. This is what we've all had to do <points to her title> "Kaierian Warrior" is a special class of Elven warrior within the Tethinrhim, located in the Auturian Woods. Which I fleshed out, the only "things that I had to go on" were the name of the forest, the name of the elven tribe and a shy pretty elf who was "shafted" rightly by the gods (Her picture is actually in the banner of this thread - see the red head on the left) That's all I had to go on. If you want your city, create it.

Quote:
We're all here to have fun! *giggles* So have fun or I'll start slaying folks!
In the end, this is what were all here for, having fun and slaying the enemy in stories.

Rhuken, you want to join in on the fun, then stop rubbin' the people that you want to "play with" the wrong way. You've come in with a character, based on something which "doesn't exist" in Santharia / Sorren. We've told you how to correct this, and then you come back at us. Keep in mind that we're the ones with the "titles" and we're here to help you. If you don't like it, then I suggest that you find another RP PbP board and take your character there.

Uragel!
*Character Description * World of Klintorth*
~~ Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.~~
Dont let it end like this...... Tell them  I said something!!!
~~Little Miss Moderating Mistress - All Round "Little Helper"~~
The best way to make a long sig look smaller - shrink the text!

Tarquet Galbar
New Santharian

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2002, 12:35:22 AM »

Hey, I censored it.

Nothing I ever do is good enough for you, Uragel!! *runs off crying, hits a wall, blacks out*

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]