Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rhuken Do'Gaul  (Read 16366 times)
Uragel
New Santharian

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2002, 06:37:22 AM »

<splashes bucket of water over Tarq> HEY! <points to your title and pic> They are back..!!! :|

ahem

<slaps head> I know <shrugs> but some times I feel the same way about you! <cute grin> :)  

I know that you censored it.. Which is cool. Just think that you should erm.. :\  change the way you approach *some* people, while keeping in mind that jr's are here.. :D

But like I said " Nup, this time I'm not really that fussed about your rudeness, however thanks for taking the time to tell me that you don't care." - This Time! :lol  <evil grin and laugher>  

Uragel!
*Character Description * World of Klintorth*
~~ Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.~~
Dont let it end like this...... Tell them  I said something!!!
~~Little Miss Moderating Mistress - All Round "Little Helper"~~
The best way to make a long sig look smaller - shrink the text!

Rhuken
New Santharian

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2002, 09:45:22 AM »

If you think I'm being rude, Uragel, I find you to be an absolute hypocrite. Okay I will admit to being wrong about one thing: creating my own "part" of Santharia, but it's just a character bio and has no effect on the storylines or bio's of other peoples'  characters.  Ghal, the Underworld, Werewolves, have ~no~ effect on other people. Only my character. My character worships Ghal ~alone~, and no other people in "Santharia" do. Only some other made up characters that go along with him, but they will have no effect when I RP with other people. So don't think I have to change my biography at all. A biography is a biography, and it effects my character, and my character ~only~.  

StarfireJeM
New Santharian

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2002, 10:19:22 AM »

You *do* need to change your character because it's a part of santharia, that includes everything it believes, what it interacts with, what it sees and where it lives/ is from.

Also.. You *were* rude, to Me too. The shut up about it thing was inconsiderate and I feel that you ought to apologize for it. Not only were you rude but it was to the people who are in charge of getting you a title. Do you expect everyone to be nice to you now after that? And do you expect to see a title anytime soon? Because I won't ok one until you understand that you were rude and until your character is changed accordingly.
-JeM
---

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."--Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)
~picture~ ~descrip~

Xarl
New Santharian

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2002, 10:43:22 AM »

Look, I'll try to reason with you. (not like I expect to suceed, but I haven't had a satisfyingly stupid argument in a while.)
You make a world, and detail it insanely. If you want to know how insanely, look to your left. Other way, unsmart person. Yes. See that scroll thing? Click on it.

Every single one of those entries is at minimum as long as the Spiderturtle entry. (which I did.) How many of them are there? I think Tarqet counted them once. About 420, right? You begin to get it.

Now, someone walks in and creates a new god, city, and blatantly ignores the rules you've set down for magic. Not only that, he insults the people who control whether he can play or not. By now, he appears to be (correct me if I'm wrong) not only ignorant and unwilling to cooperate, but stupid and rude. You see? No? Well, Viresse, I have a question.

Do you have a "ban" button anywhere?

Viresse
New Santharian

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2002, 11:18:22 AM »

... I wish we did. I did bring up this little -foray- here with Drogo. He hasn't said anything, but he may not need to.

I haven't seen Rhuken post in a while. If he doesn't return within a week from now, I think I'm going to delete this post.

Does any one have a problem with that? Including Rhuken?
If so, speak up, becuase Mods aren't mind readers, though it'd help if we were.

... if you spend your Life contemplating Life, then ultimately You waste your Life...

~contact~character~

Uragel
New Santharian

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2002, 11:25:22 AM »

Quote:
If you think I'm being rude, Uragel, I find you to be an absolute hypocrite.

Well I found your comments to be rather rude actually, generally I would have jumped down Tarq's back for being rude, and if you read what I said again it was "Nup, this time I'm not really that fussed about your rudeness...." then I continue and say "The only "beef" that I have with you this time is your language". So how have I been a hypocrite?? I've said that I'm not fussed, fussed being said in the context of "well it does, but I'm not worried about it".

hypocrite

n : a person who professes beliefs and opinions that they do not hold
- Haven't done that.....

hypocrite one who puts on a mask and feigns himself to be what he is not; a dissembler in religion. - Haven't done *that* either

hypocrite

\Hyp"o*crite\, n. [F., fr. L. hypocrita, Gr. ? one who plays a part on the stage, a dissembler, feigner.
- I "play" many characters, however "me" as a person, nope, haven't done "this" either..

So tell me, how do you view me as a hypocrite? I've actually been some what "neutral". My view point and opinion of you is irrelevant. We're here to *help* and you don’t' seem to be accepting out help all that well.. :\  Your loss.. Your title will not be assigned to you, until your character is "ok'ed" by the people who are trying to help you, so getting agro at us isn't a very "good" thing.

I suggest that you stop working against us and start working with us! :\

Quote:
Ghal, the Underworld, Werewolves, have ~no~ effect on other people. Only my character. My character worships Ghal ~alone~, and no other people in "Santharia" do. Only some other made up characters that go along with him, but they will have no effect when I RP with other people. So don't think I have to change my biography at all. A biography is a biography, and it effects my character, and my character ~only~.

Art's comment still stands with this - esp when Art is the "creator" of "Sorren"

Quote:
Yup, no demigods please!

Your characters biography is what people will read in order to find about your character, and granted the "story" of you wont directly effect the other characters, it's untrue to Santharia. That's why it's not being allowed, not because we've got a disliking to you, or for any other reason. It's un-true to what we're all in "santharia" for.

You've got experienced players, mods and the admin saying that particular parts of your character need to be changed in order to make it "Santharian". It's not something that can be mearly glossed over because it doesn't effect any one. When it does! Your character believes in something which he's "created"!... It's almost like believing in and worshiping the Easter Bunny or Santa!! Such things are not Santharian, and don't exist.

Again.......

Quote:
We've told you how to correct this, and then you come back at us. Keep in mind that we're the ones with the "titles" and we're here to help you. If you don't like it, then I suggest that you find another RP PbP board and take your character there.

:\

Uragel!
~~ Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.~~

Xarl
New Santharian

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2002, 01:53:22 PM »

If after a week this guy doesn't show up, pin it to the top. Retitle it: What Not To Do, perhaps?

Viresse
New Santharian

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2002, 02:05:22 PM »

heh!

but! We cannot assume he's NOT coming back. So until then, let's at least be civil. mm?

Thanks!

... if you spend your Life contemplating Life, then ultimately You waste your Life...

~contact~character~

Rhuken
New Santharian

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2002, 09:11:22 AM »

Well, I've decided to concede. You can't argue with moderators, and I view that to be very unwise. I was wrong mostly, and you guys were right mostly. Now, all I really want to do is have all those cities, and that demi god effecting some other continent besides Sorren. If not, I'll take those out completely. But I don't want to repost my character's history.

Uragel, I am sorry for being rude to you. And to all of you, but I think you guys were almost equally rude to me.

I definetly do not want to change my char.s occupation as a Fighter/Mage. Please tell me I can keep him as that.

By the way, he's a dark elf, since they at least exist in Santharia. Rhuken doesn't practice necromancy, since we seem to have argued on the magic stuff a lot.

Now, I've humbled myself far enough, so don't try to ridicule me like a bunch of arrogant bastards like you have been lately. I'm not saying you ~are~, but you've been acting like that towards me.

Uragel
New Santharian

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2002, 09:32:22 AM »

:)

Quote:
Now, all I really want to do is have all those cities, and that demi god effecting some other continent besides Sorren. If not, I'll take those out completely. But I don't want to repost my character's history.

You still might have to, there are things in there which "arn't allowed" so :\  It's a pain, but you've just gotta put up with some stuff some times... You'd more than likely be able to develop the places that you want, perhaps making your way over to the development site in order to do so.. This is what I had to do...

I wanted Uragel to live in trees, so in order to do so, I fleshed out the Tethinrhim, and then the Auturian woods and then the Kaierian Warriors. It sounds like a lot of work, which it is! But it's worth it!! We're saying that you "can't" have them in your description, because it doesn't exist. We're not saying "No - Never"...

Quote:
Uragel, I am sorry for being rude to you. And to all of you, but I think you guys were almost equally rude to me.
It's ok.... Glad that you've realised this though!!!

Quote:
By the way, he's a dark elf, since they at least exist in Santharia. Rhuken doesn't practice necromancy, since we seem to have argued on the magic stuff a lot.
I believe that this is ok, but I'm no magic expert... I'm thinking that I might have to read up a little on it though... :\

Quote:
Now, I've humbled myself far enough, so don't try to ridicule me like a bunch of arrogant bastards like you have been lately. I'm not saying you ~are~, but you've been acting like that towards me.
Not *all* of us fit in here, I don't believe that myself, Jem or Vir' have been arrogant or even nasty towards you at all... However... Your humbleness is appreciated!!

Now, the "thing" that is keeping you from your title now, is your city references, and the demi-god that you've created. Have a read through our gods, see if Quepor (sp) or one of the other gods are able to "suit" your characters "needs"... Have a look through for the places, or use one of the un-described tribes, I might help you with the "creating" of them!!! - I've been looking for something "different".. <grin> Let me know what you think! If you can, pick a tribe near the Auturian Woods if you can... Then we can make them "close" with them..... :)  

Uragel!

Viresse
New Santharian

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2002, 12:17:22 PM »

Be kind to people. It's an easy way to solve things, and it lowers your blood pressure. Rhuken, you've been on my mind for a while, since your first post. It's terribly hard to defend someone who assumes no one is on his side.

Now, let's see here, friend. *grins* I don't know if you'll be allowed to keep the 'Figher-mage' Title. As a rule of Balance, you will be good and one and weak in the other. I would suggest something that aligns you with the one you choose to be the stronger...

And I apologize for the inability for being unclear in the 'city' areas. I don't know anything about that. But yes, with the proper procedures, you can name a town, and make it YOUR hometown.

If you are Drow, then you need to change your age. 30 is an infant to Elven-age, though to humans they are full grown. Might I suggest a higher year, probably closer to the 250 year mark. This will allow you to do the things you say you have done ( forge a sword, make powerful friends).

~contact~character~

Edited by: Viresse at: 3/7/02 3:20:49 am
Tarquet Galbar
New Santharian

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2002, 12:53:22 AM »

Uhh, Sorren isn't a continent, it's the entire World. Santharia is the continent. And it takes a lot of work to develop stuff, just to warn ya.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Viresse
New Santharian

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2002, 05:12:22 AM »

ah HA! So Sorren is the World, and Santharia is the Continent! I've been confused then. It just seems like Santharia would be the world name, being as how it's such a strong one.

erk. If I've made any foulups in the past, forgive me.

In the meantime, Rhuken... I've given you some suggestions, I hope you follow through. Good luck.

~contact~character~

Rhuken
New Santharian

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2002, 07:46:22 AM »

Thanks for not getting ~too~ pissed off at me.I'm gonna do some research now, and do another history. Of course, I didn't know you had to have your character set in the same story world as Sorren.

Rhuken
New Santharian

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2002, 08:58:22 AM »

Name: Rhuken Do Gaul
Race: Dark Elf (Eophyrhim)
Worship: Coor
Magic Type: Car'all
Skin: Dark Brown
Eye color: Dark Green
Hair:b lack

Description: A crimson cloaked robe goes over him, while he wears  plated chainmail underneath.  His hood he usually wears up, especially when he is running from someone. He is very likeable, intelligent, and wise. Like most elves, he's pretty nimble. He is very quick with a sword,  but can be arrogant sometimes. His magic type, like most elves, is Car'all. He is "okay" when it comes to magic using, and can cast a good amount since he is mainly just a necromancer.  

Equipment: He carries a magical sword, which he named " Darksword. One vial of healing liquid. He carries no helmet.  He also carries two daggers which he hides in his boot and sleeves. Rhuken furthermore carries a metal medium sized shield, which he keeps strapped to his back most of the time.

Beliefs: Rhuken believes in using  the methods of evil (such as necromancy, or futher things such as hate and cruelty) to do good. "Fight fire with fire" is his motto.  He respects those that use good to fight evil, but believes his methods are better.

History:  He grew up in a small village on the border of Fa'av'cal'ar. There, at a young age, he learned from his uncle Jarga how to use magic. Since his mother left the dark elven village they lived in while he was only new born,  he has very light skin for a dark elf. When he was at the age of  127, he went to an academy where he learned to fight with the sword. He graduated from it at the age of 173.  Since he was not taught necromancy from his uncle (his father was dead) he went to   the magical academy of Xaramon.  It was there he learned necromancy. After graduating from the Xaramon academy at age 253, and forging  the magical sword " Darksword"  he returned to his village only to find out that a team of dragons had been invading the surrounding villages and cities. Along with a band of adventurers appointed by the King of  Fa'av'cal'ar, they were supposed to destroy or banish the dragons. Since then, ( I won't get into the details about the quest) he  had traveled around into different countries doing various mercenary work.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]