Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rhuken Do'Gaul  (Read 16365 times)
Viresse
New Santharian

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2002, 03:48:22 PM »

ah! Rhuken my Boy, great job! I like your piece. I'm not an expert on magic, or towns or... well, a whole lot, but I'm a writer and I think you have written this well.

Let's see what the other two Moderators have to think. Ad I thank you for being patient in this time of... spaz-outs? heh!

... if you spend your Life contemplating Life, then ultimately You waste your Life...

~contact~character~

Tarquet Galbar
New Santharian

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2002, 12:35:22 AM »

Alright, here's the magic assessment.

Necromancy is fine, but you won't be very good at it if you learned to forge and weild a sword.

There isn't really any 'healing liquid' unless you get it blessed by a cleric with a clerical spell or something, and they generally distrust mages for their different kind of magic. Though you could have a sort of balm or something that would help the healing process, things like that can occur in nature (in plants and such).

Lastly, a note on the history, you say that a team of dragons was attacking the village. Dragons are rare these days. Probably have been since the Dragonstorm.

Maybe you'd be interested in developing the Dark Elves further, since there isn't much on them right now? Just check out the developmental forum if you do. www.ezboard.com/bsantharia There's also a link to the FAQ's forum at the top of the RPG thing.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Edited by: Tarquet Galbar at: 3/8/02 3:36:29 pm
Rhuken
New Santharian

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2002, 02:38:22 AM »

so what does Uragel say?

Rhuken
New Santharian

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2002, 02:46:22 AM »

by the way, I want to know how to get my portrait on there, and my occupation and name instead of "RPG Newbie" all the time. It is highly annoying to me. Plus, how do you get those custom signatures and stuff? I wanna put a link to my email and my character description.

Viresse
New Santharian

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2002, 04:07:22 AM »

You have to go into the preferences part of the control center to make your signature. Same with your picture, you have to get that on an accessible server, send your pic to Uragel and she'll take care of it.

As for the Newbie title, that gets changed once you are accepted by us three moderators AND Drogo. Once that's changed, you can start roleplaying.

Maybe you could change the 'Dragons' to Orcs? That would be more plausible. Huhm, and for the sword, yeah, if you're going to weild one, you won't be good at forging it. Maybe you could have given a mage-friend a great amount of money to forge it for you, so you won't lose your weilding skills.

That's about all I can see right now...

... if you spend your Life contemplating Life, then ultimately You waste your Life...

~contact~character~

StarfireJeM
New Santharian

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2002, 04:17:22 AM »

With Viresse's corrections I think he'll look pretty good.. so as soon as you fix up the few small things we can start getting you a title.
-JeM

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."--Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)
~picture~ ~descrip~

Rhuken
New Santharian

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2002, 05:34:22 AM »

I guess this means I'm gonna have to rewrite it again. Oh well, copy-pasting is so useful.

Name: Rhuken Do Gaul
Race: Dark Elf (Eophyrhim)
Worship: Coor
Magic Type: Car'all
Skin: Dark Brown
Eye color: Dark Green
Hair: Black

Description: A crimson cloaked robe goes over him, while he wears plated chainmail underneath. His hood he usually wears up, especially when he is running from someone. He is very likeable, intelligent, and wise. Like most elves, he's pretty nimble. He is very quick with a sword, but can be arrogant sometimes. His magic type, like most elves, is Car'all. He is "okay" when it comes to magic using, and can cast a good amount since he is mainly just a necromancer.

Equipment: He carries a magical sword, which he named " Darksword. One vial of healing liquid. He carries no helmet. He also carries two daggers which he hides in his boot and sleeves. Rhuken furthermore carries a metal medium sized shield, which he keeps strapped to his back most of the time.

Beliefs: Rhuken believes in using the methods of evil (such as necromancy, or futher things such as hate and cruelty) to do good. "Fight fire with fire" is his motto. He respects those that use good to fight evil, but believes his methods are better.

History: He grew up in a small village on the border of Fa'av'cal'ar. There, at a young age, he learned from his uncle Jarga how to use magic. Since his mother left the dark elven village they lived in while he was only new born, he has very light skin for a dark elf. When he was at the age of 127, he went to an academy where he learned to fight with the sword. He graduated from it at the age of 173. Since he was not taught necromancy from his uncle (his father was dead) he went to the magical academy of Xaramon. It was there he learned necromancy. While going to the Magical Academy of Xaramon, he had to keep practicing with his sword so he wouldn't become "rusty". After graduating from the Xaramon academy at age 253, and forging the magical sword " Darksword" with the help of a mage he befriended (as not to lose his swordsman skills), he returned to his village only to find out that mobs of orcs had been invading the surrounding villages and cities. Along with a band of adventurers appointed by the King of Fa'av'cal'ar, they were supposed to destroy the orcish mobs. Since then, ( I won't get into the details about the quest) he had traveled around into different countries doing various mercenary work.

"Fighting black with white only makes gray."

StarfireJeM
New Santharian

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2002, 05:40:22 AM »

Just so you know.. necromancy isn't evil. But it looks good.. just have to wait for the others to take a look.
-JeM

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."--Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)
~picture~ ~descrip~

Uragel
New Santharian

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2002, 10:03:22 AM »

Sweet quote! :)

Also you can edit your posts, it's around the "RPG Newbie" thing - send me your pic if you have one, alternativly I can look around on the net for one, but just keep in mind with that "my view" and "your view" on your character, and the style I'm some what limited to what the internet can offer! :lol  (giggles with the sillyness of that statement) uragel@hotmail.com :)  

Uragel!
*Character Description * World of Klintorth*
~~ Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought.~~
Dont let it end like this...... Tell them  I said something!!!
~~Little Miss Moderating Mistress - All Round "Little Helper"~~
The best way to make a long sig look smaller - shrink the text!

Viresse
New Santharian

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2002, 06:12:22 PM »

good deal, Rhuken. I'm glad you've been patient with us. It looks good. I'll Put your name up for a title.

congratulations.

~contact~character~

Rhuken
New Santharian

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2002, 01:35:22 PM »

Thanks, guys. I'll go look for a pic right now. Sorry I couldn't respond right away.

Rhuken
New Santharian

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2002, 01:37:22 PM »

I was supposed to be a "Mage Knight (Male Dark Elf)"

Viresse
New Santharian

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2002, 10:02:22 AM »

* blinks* Okay. I'll inform Drogo of it. In the end it's up to Him what you're titled, for I don't know if you can BE both. But I will tell him, it will at MOST take a week to change it.

Ok?

~contact~character~

Tarquet Galbar
New Santharian

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2002, 09:41:22 AM »

I just have one question, though it doesn't affect the title getting or anything, it's just for my person curiousity.

What does his sword do? You mention it to be magical, but you don't mention what magics it does.

I just want to make sure we aren't getting any super powerful weapons in, though the way he got it is plausible.

Tarquet Galbar,
BeastMaster Of Santharia
Creator of Weavers
Chronicler of the Rahaz-Dath Mercenaries

Rhuken
New Santharian

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2002, 10:05:22 AM »

oh, sorry. Forgot to mention that. What it does, since it was made by evil magic (or whatever you wanna call it) it can sense all evil things within a 10 mile radius, as well as giving the wielder a distinct advantage over evil since it can sometimes reveal the opponents mehtods of fighting during a battle. Although that rarely happens. I don't think it's too powerful, but if you think it is, just say it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:21 AM]