Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New.  (Read 2518 times)
Koraein Morach
Knight of Armeros
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« on: May 25, 2012, 09:14:11 AM »

Where do I begin..I'm not even sure,really. First and foremost, hello everyone,not sure if real names should be used but nonetheless..My name is Gregory and I can say I'm quite excited to meet the members here, it's nice to see these types of sites still exist. I have been searching for a role play forum for a long time now,and through coincidence I found this one when I was searching Magic Descriptions for an in game book(World of Warcraft role play)I am trying to write and needed as small "push" as it were to get it going,but onto more important matters. I will try to make this brief so people don't read a novel,but I fear it might be too late. :P

There is a lot of reading regarding the world of Caelereth that I will need to do to fully understand what is going on. I have already read the "Character Creation" portion,so I'm off to a good start. In regards to that..In almost EVERY possible Adventure/RPG game I've come across,I have been a mage of sorts,or more specifically a Necromancer or Blood Mage. Saddly, Necromancer is not a playable class as of yet, and I don't fully understand the Blood Magic aspect just yet..better yet the magic system in general. I have read over it a bit and I'm unsure of how to go about it. I am more attuned to the Baldurs Gate magic system.(Which,incidentally, is DnD rules). I understand,through reading that beginners trying to play a mage should be level 3 or less BECAUSE the magic system is a bit difficult. My issue with this is that the level 3, or Sphere One spectrum seems a bit...weak. Not to say I want to be an overpowered caster, because that is just ridiculous..Sphere Two seems like somewhere I want to be, not too powerful, but not too weak. To wrap up this portion of my query, I'd like to know if I could be..tutored on this subject,perhaps in MSN or on the forum here so that I might be able to play at least a level 4 or 5 mage in this world.

Next thing I'd like to put out is the Dragon race,and how one might be able to be such. I read that it is only through special permission this would happen. In terms of this, I again, am not looking to be an overpowered figure,simply unique. With my true form being similar to this.       http://www.conscendo.org/eng/textos/sodalitas/texto192d.asp      and a human form which I would describe when making my sheet.  In the same respect,if not this perhaps the Ulvur,another race type that is my all time favourite.

I shall now put this novel to rest and await for any responses anyone might have regarding my queries. I thank you all for taking the time to reading, and hope something can be worked out as I really do wish to be apart of this world. ^-^

Regards,

Greg/Belator.

"Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day." - The Grey

"HEY! Don't touch my drink, or my cigar will have an unexpected visit to your EYE." - Koraein Morach, partially drunk.

"Man, I'm hungry. I'd give anything for a Fancy Lad. Wait! I mean- You know what I mean! - Kings' Gang Member, Fallout 3: New Vegas.
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 10:30:35 AM »

Hello, Belator, and welcome. :)  I will try to answer some of your questions, though; I confess in advance that I do not speak on any magic issue, as I'm very anti magic in my philosophy. :P  Others more knowledgeable in magic can guide you on that issue.

My best advice would be this:  Walk before you learn to run. :)

Basically, we ask that players create a more straightforward character first, and then graduate to more powerful type characters as their experience with our world grows.  Not saying this describes you, but we have had experiences with players who come here and have a great desire to create these large powerful super characters, without first fitting in to the world created here, or the community of players we have.  Good roleplaying means having trust in the other players, and good mutual interaction.  We have that here, and as you settle in, you will see how that has its advantages.

Now, straightforward is not synonymous with simple or boring.  There is a lot of leeway in any character you decide to play.  Santharia is a very rich, very deep world in which to play.  We pride ourselves on that. :D

What I will do, is push you towards our RP Guide that we have created which shows you the available races and tribes you can play and the difficulty rating associated with each.

Please, feel free to ask as many questions as you need, and our fellowship of wonderful moderators and players will answer them and help you in any way we can.

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Koraein Morach
Knight of Armeros
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 10:44:40 AM »

I am talking with Rayne at this time and I'm inclined to agree. I think I will have to explore the magic sect a bit more before I decide to make one. The last thing I want to do is make a powerful character. I find it more fun to be slightly above average than extremely powerful. I will find something to my liking,as I really wish to be apart of this environment. ^-^

"Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day." - The Grey

"HEY! Don't touch my drink, or my cigar will have an unexpected visit to your EYE." - Koraein Morach, partially drunk.

"Man, I'm hungry. I'd give anything for a Fancy Lad. Wait! I mean- You know what I mean! - Kings' Gang Member, Fallout 3: New Vegas.
Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 10:53:28 AM »

Excellent. :)  Rayne is a fantastic person to confer with, as her knowledge is vast and her ability to pass on that knowledge to others is second to none.  Under her guidance, you'll be creating a character and roleplaying in no time. :)

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Koraein Morach
Knight of Armeros
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 11:05:15 AM »

What do you know of the Psyrpent race? That is a race I found I liked aside from the above mentioned. I read up on them a bit. Any advise you could offer?

Ryvic Darkveil
Haunted Altruist
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 11:10:22 AM »

You could read the conversation that went on about magic for me. Yes, it is five pages long.
CD help

I, personally, am making a mage for my first character, and that's not going to change. But then, I started 1.5 months ago, and I'm not done writing and researching...

If you want some idea of how to roleplay on these forums, there's a roleplaying tutorial right under the RPG Guide.

As for psyrpents, Jarrox is one. But I know very little.

To kill the beast is to kill the man, and to make peace with the beast is to smother the man.
Ryvic's CD
Koraein Morach
Knight of Armeros
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 11:13:13 AM »

Hey,I dont mind reading at all xD All fun here:P I'm currently undecided right now as it seems..I'll have to check it out for sure.

Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
CD Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 02:11:14 AM »

Welcome to Santharia, Belator! We normally refer to each other by our alter-egos here, and on the IRC, but it's no harm if you want to let your RL name be known. ^^

I believe the Psyserpants are restricted at the moment; even though the restrictions are going through a overhaul, you still need admin approval for one. Jarrox is Drasil, I believe? I don't remember; I haven't seen him around recently.

Koraein Morach
Knight of Armeros
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 02:46:10 AM »

Hmm..I'm now at a loss of what I want to be..I'm quite picky when it comes to character I'd like to create,and it seems my choices have dwindled down a lot. No Dragonkin of sorts, No Ulvur,Psyrpents are restricted. I don't understand the magic system just yet. Lots to think about thats for sure..probably won't get to interact in a story for a while yet.

Alýr (Rayne)
Dreamress
CD Mod

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 02:57:10 AM »

I wouldn't worry too much about the restriction for psyrpents; I don't mind giving approval. However, it's important to note that this race is more difficult to develop a CD on. If you choose to do a psyrpent, be prepared for lots of corrections and tweaking. If you're OK spending a lot of time working and reworking your CD, then a psyrpent may not be a bad choice. If you're eager to RP a bit more quickly, I would recommend choosing an easier race/tribe.

Remember that you don't need to have a unusual race/tribe to have a unique character. In fact, the more interesting characters usual come from the most mundane tribes.

Ishmaelion
Ishmaelion the Philosopher
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 03:02:47 AM »

the Psyserpants
  grin

I want to get me a pair of those! Psyser-pants LOL

Welcome on board! Hope to see you in a story soon!

Alýr (Rayne)
Dreamress
CD Mod

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2012, 03:28:04 AM »

I think geezer-pants would be more your style, Ishaelion.  :P

And it took me years to train myself to spell psyrpents right.  buck  ... and Ulvur, and Centaurorian... or is it Centoraurian...  Roll Eyes

Koraein Morach
Knight of Armeros
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 03:40:46 AM »

Yeah,perhaps. I think i'll just do that, human warrior type variant. I'm going to look into that now. I'll manage,id hope.

Emrah Lark
Swell Rogue on the Road
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 03:48:56 AM »

Hello and welcome, Belator!

Just to ensure you: it is more than possible to make a human warrior that is a very interesting and unique character.  :)

"Yea, I be a proper gentleman."

Emrah Lark
Koraein Morach
Knight of Armeros
Approved Character

Human, Erpheronian

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2012, 04:36:09 AM »

I think you may be right. I looked into the Erpheronian tribe and i like the look of them so far. I'm looking towards a Knight of Armeros within the Order of Armeros. I even picked out a name using the charts,Koraein. With regards to a last name,how would that work? Make up our own? Also regards to animals/companions/familiars what sorts of animals are there? Is there a forum on this?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]