Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oliver Sail/Centoraurian/Pirate  (Read 7237 times)
Oliver
Wind Changer
Approved Character

« on: July 17, 2012, 01:29:50 PM »

Name: Oliver Sail

Race: Human

Tribe: Centoraurian

Title: Wind Changer

Description: Oliver Sail

Appearance
Height: 1.77 Peds
Weight: 1 Pygge, 4 Hebs, 6 Mut
Hair Colour: Jet Black, Hair goes down over eyes (Oliver is constantly moving his hair out of his eyes),                                It is semi-long but not shoulder length  
Beard Colour: Also Jet Black, The beard looks exactly as it does in the picture above
Eye Colour: Bright Blue

Physical Appearance: Oliver is over average height yet under average weight. His skin is golden brown due to prolonged exposure to the sun and very often burnt red. Like all men of his tribe, Oliver is very muscular and fit. He has brilliant blue eyes that resemble the clear blue sea. Due to loud the loud ringing of swords in battle, Oliver has damaged ears that are always swollen and crinkled. Oliver has a tattoo of the horizon on his upper right arm.

Clothing: Oliver wears a patch over his damaged eye, caused by a stab wound. He wears many accessories, mostly jewelry which he has pillaged and stolen throughout his years of being a sailor. The accessories include: large emerald ring, ruby and sapphire rings, gold necklace, and two silver bracelets. For his everyday wear, Oliver wears a leather vest, thin cotton pants, leather boots, and a thin cotton bandana with a hat. On cold, stormy days out at sea Oliver sports a thick leather and wool coat over his vest, thick wool pants, his boots, and his hat.

Personality: Oliver enjoys rum, gambling, and being out at sea. He is very outgoing and never gets shy or nervous. He has a charasmatic personality which gets him many friends. Although he can sometimes be a cow hearted scallywag, he is courageous and brave in battle. Oliver has made great insult of many people and still plans to in the future, although he denies it when told so. He can be quite slippery and stupid, but never cheats or lies. When in tough niches, somehow Oliver always finds a way to get out with a clever remark and a wayward move (the rum definitely helps). Nothing can stop him once his mind is set on something and can sometimes be rather selfish. Oliver lives for himself and himself only, that is the only rule he follows.    

Strengths

He knows anything and everything that is to be known about keeping a ship looking her best.

When caught in a rough storm in the middle of the sea, Oliver is very good about navigating a ship to safety.

Oliver is very skilled with a cutlass which is his only weapon.

Weaknesses

Gambling is an obsession of Oliver's and so all of his money is wasted the moment he gets it.

Oliver has some memory loss due to constant binge drinking.  

His hearing is impeded by phantom ringing which is very high pitched and annoying. This ringing causes Oliver to get many head aches (another reason he is constantly drinking).  

History

Little Oliver Sail
As a child Oliver was very adventerous and always found his way into trouble. When he went out fishing with his father, he would be told stories of ghost pirates and buried treasures. These stories thrilled Oliver, he would always go to the shore and pretend he was captain of a vessel. The Sail family had a two story house on the beach of the Efirhal Island. Jimmy and Walter were Oliver's best friends, and all of the stories that Oliver was told about pirates, were passed on to his friends. One day Jimmy, Walter, and Oliver decided to make a raft that would sail them to an exotic place where buried treasure could be found, they dressed as piratey as they could and went off. Oliver's mother had finished cooking dinner and was calling the children inside to come and eat, but when she waited for an answer, no reply came. On the shore that the children always played at, Oliver's father found foot prints and littered pieces of rope and wood in the sand. But the little pirates were not far, for once they had set sail the waves of the sea drew them back to shore, only peds from where they had begun their journey. Laughing, they all went inside and enjoyed a nice warm stew, and a cold scolding from their mothers.

Set Sail for Midlanir
When Oliver turned seventeen he decided he wanted to live a life out at sea. His father had been a sailor and the pirate stories he was told when he was a little boy influenced his decision greatly. Oliver's mother wanted him to stay and be a smith or a trader, but her and Oliver knew he lived for adventure and excitement. So, Oliver, Jimmy, and Walter became sailors, friends as they were, they all joined the same crew. Them and the rest of the crew had been assigned a task to sail for Midlanir, the island just north of Efirhal Island. They had all been warned by the captain that the waters had become increasingly dangerous here, pirates attacking and raiding merchant ships, and that there was a very real chance of death. When told this, Oliver looked at his buddies, and they all returned great big smiles to one another, this was just like the stories. But to their great regret nothing happened on their trip to Midlanir, and they returned safely. This new life brought many things to Oliver's life, firstly a great friendship with rum. Oliver had only really drank wine and sometimes ale while living at home, but one of the older sailors had introduced Oliver and his friends to it on their previous trip to Midlanir. Since that trip had been eventless, Oliver picked up another addiction, gambling. With dice or cards he really didn't care, it was the thrill and the adventure of the game that turned him on to it.

A Change in the Wind
Now Oliver was nineteen and had learned many skills in the way of maintaining a ship, tarring the ropes, tying knots, sewing, and swabbing the deck. The merchant ship in which he sailed had only done trades close to home base, not venturing far due to fear of pirate attacks. But one trip that ventured far away offered a big pay, and so the captain agreed to take himself and his crew to the island south of Strata. The pay was so large because the waters south of Strata were the most dangerous for merchant ships, and so as an incentive they also got some pay up front. Finally, maybe Oliver and his sailor friends might get a real adventure this time! It took months of gambling and drinking to finally reach their destination. Once there, they dropped off the cargo and headed ashore to sleep in a bed rather than a swinging hamock. But rest was put aside until very late that night, Oliver and his friends decided to start up a game of cards with anyone who was willing to lose their money, "Alright I'll play." said an old sailor who now lived on the island, "But it ain't lookin' good, haven't had much luck these days!" "Well that goes without saying sir, I am the best." Oliver sported with a chuckle. "We'll see about that!" a man slammed his mug on the table sloshing rum all over the cards. "Will we?" said Oliver in a cocky tone, and as Oliver looked up at the man, he realized he looked a lot like the pirates described in the stories his father used to tell him. "Perfect." thought Oliver, "This is exactly the excitment I was looking for." In the end the match was between Oliver and the man who called himself "Edward Mason." Four aces were staring right up at Oliver, and he knew he had this in the bag. "What are we bettin' mate? Cuz sans just ain't cuttin' it. . . how 'bout you join my crew if I win?" Edward said this quitely to Oliver and looked him in the eyes with a blood thirsty look. "And if I win?" Oliver asked. "You can have every single san in my pocket." he replied. "Fine!" said Oliver, sure he would win. They laid down the cards and Edward Mason pulled out a royal straight flush, "Hahahaha, welcome to the crew!"

Description: Edward Mason

Oliver Sail. . . The Pirate
Once Edward Mason said this, swords were pulled and havoc erupted in the tavern. Clanking of metal, cries, and laughter were thrown about the room, making Oliver's ears ring to the point of not being able to hear himself think. He and his friends tried defending themselves, but it was too late, Edward and his first mate grabbed Oliver, tied him up, and walked out with him struggling and yelling. Jimmy and Walter could do nothing to save their friend, they were occupied, but both watched as Oliver was pulled away from them. Swaying, orders being given, sore head, and rope burned wrists, "This. . . is not. . . good." said Oliver as he blinked his eyes open and absorbed his surroundings. A scrawny man approached him who wore thin dirty clothes, was missing an arm, and had a crazed look in his eye. "Ur dang right it ain't good mate, hahahaha!" this man's breath smelled like a horses behind, thought Oliver as the man was nailsbreadths from his face. "Here, I'll get them ropes off ya mate, so how's ur head, ahahahaha?" "Ummm, never been better." Oliver replied. "Hahahaha, oh capn' this guy is funny!" All the sudden the sun was being blocked by a person, a person who was in fact Captain Edward Mason. "Yes, yes Marty, now get back to work!" This was said in a very unfriendly, impatient tone. Marty ran off to join the rest of the crew who were tarring the ropes. Oliver stood up, now free of his bindings, and faced Edward square in the face. Edward leaned in and said in a quiet but demanding voice, "Get to work, hahahaha." The crew all laughed and pointed at Oliver, teasing the newcomer. He already knew everything about cleaning and maintaining a ship, so the work wasn't difficult, and the pirates were actually quite entertaining and funny. Although Oliver despised Captain Mason, and hated being away from his friends, he quite enjoyed being a pirate, just like the stories he thought, chuckled, and returned to his work.

Drinking, Gambling, and. . . Swimming?
"Hahahahaha!" all the members of the crew were having a great time, losin' money doesn't matter once you've consumed as much rum as pirates do, so it was nearly impossible to not enjoy yourself. "Five threes!" yelled Oliver, "Anyone want to challenge that. . . eh?!?" "Eight, fives. " said Marty, "Eight, fives, ahahaha!" "Alright Marty, I'm callin' you a liar on that." Oliver said very matter of factly. "Haha!" the whole crew was rumbling with laughter. Marty lifted up the cup and laughed wildly, but cheerfully, "Look Olly, eight, fives, hahahaha eight fives!" Oliver smiled a huge smile and gave Marty 40 sans, "Alright then Marty, here ya go man." All of the sudden the doors flew open with gale force, and it was the captain. "What's goin' on, eh boys?" Captain Mason took a bottle of rum off the table, took the cork out, and drank an inhuman amount of it. "Oliver! Come er'!" Oliver looked around to his crew members, they were all shoving him towards the door, "Go Olly," Marty pushed with his one arm and Oliver was forced out of his seat towards the captain. Edward grabbed his collar and yanked him out the door, the whole crew followed closely behind, wanting to see what the commotion was about. "Walk the plank Mr. Sail, ahahahahaha!" yelled the captain. "What sir?. . ." he had no idea what was going on. "You heard me Sail! I said walk the plank!" Captain Mason shoved Oliver onto the plank, kicked the board, forcing Oliver straight into the water. "Splash," the crew waited for Oliver to surface, hoping their friend would survive. Marty knew surviving in the middle of the sea wasn't likely and wanted to save his friend, so he distracted the captain and said, "Capn' look," he pointed his finger in the other direction, then tossed a piece of drift wood out to Oliver so he could float. All of the crew members took off their hats in a gesture to Oliver Sail, left the side of the boat, and went to bed in sorrow.

High Water Drifter
When Oliver's struggling finally brought him to the surface, he gasped for air, and panicked. To his great surprise he found a piece of drift wood that stopped his panick, and allowed him to float to whatever shoreline the sea brought him to. He slept for hours while drifting along, not appearing to be heading for land anytime soon. Oliver woke up, and fell asleep several times, feeling the water rise and fall on his now sopping body. He awoke to the sound of grinding sand underneath the wood, his eyes were blood red from the salt of the water constantly entering his eyes throughout the journey. "What is that thing Fred?" "I don't know Art, but it's kinda weird don't ya thing?" "Aye, let's show it to the capn'." Oliver felt himself being prodded with a sword, "Hey, watch it!" "Wha?!?" "Did it just. . .?" "Yes Timmy, it just talked. . ." Oliver had enough of the nonsense and attempted to stand, but still dazed from floating all day and all night. "Yes, I can talk, and no you don't have to show me to the captain for pete's sake I'm human." "Ugh what happened to ya mate?" "Got thrown overboard." replied Oliver with a frustrated tone. Both the men gasped at this, you could tell they were both pirates by the way they spoke. "You didn't. . . start a mutiny against ur capn'. . . did ya?" the man asked this as if it was forbidden and taboo. "Heck no, I didn't do a thing wrong, I hate Edward Mason." A third, taller man approached the scene, "Edward Mason, you say?" Oliver could tell this was the captain and so called him sir, "Aye sir." The captain got an angry fire in his eyes when talking about Edward, "That good for nothing bilge rat threw me overboard too, I was his first mate. It's like he does that to show everybody who's boss, evil that man is." Both the pirates shook with fear at the name Edward Mason. "Well, as long as we have somethin' in common, could I join ur crew sir?" Oliver stood and faced the captain. "Aye matey, ya may, for these last few days have been rough sailin', and we could use all the hands we can get.

Maelstrom
Oliver was now twenty two years old, he had sailed with a new captain, Captain Kirt, a good pirate and a great man. Captain Kirt decided to head for Midlanir Island to search for a treasure as can only be found using old maps he had discoverd. When Oliver heard where they were heading, he was delighted, he hadn't seen his family for two years. His mother and father would be overjoyed to know that he was safe. The captain said they would be stopping at Efirhal Island anyway to rest after their long journey. They had begun their journey to the island and everything was going great, weather was perfect and Oliver was winning a lot of sans from the other crew members. But when they were two days out from their destination, winds began blowing, waves got bigger, and the rain came pouring down on the pirates. "Maelstrom!" yelled the captain, and everyone began to get frantic. One of the masts was pushed by the wind and knocked Captain Kirt right out. "Someone grab the wheel!" Fred shouted. All the sailors were doing all they could to keep the ship on course, but no one could fight the harsh winds that pushed it every direction except for the right one. Oliver grabbed the wheel, "The storm, it's straight ahead Oliver!" yelled Art. He was right, the maelstrom was dead ahead, everybody closed their eyes and wished for the best. Oliver turned the wheel sharp to the left and maneuvered in such a way that they missed the storm's reach my nailsbreadths. Captain Kirt awoke, shoved Oliver out of the way, and navigated them through the rest of the storm.

Description: Captain Kirt's Ship in the Storm

Efirhal Island
"Mother! Father! It's so great to see you!" Oliver had a wide smile as he approached his parents with a loving embrace. "How are you son?" Oliver's dad asked. "I'm great, how are you?" He replied happily. "Good, good, come inside, tell us about your adventures." When he was finished telling his parents his tales, he asked them if they had heard anything about Jimmy and Walter. "Jimmy and Walter have not returned home in the past five years." said his mother, and he replied with a very downtrodden look on his face. The family talked for hours but time went too fast, for already Oliver had to meet up with his crew to prepare to set sail the next morning. "You be careful out there, you hear me, come back and visit" said his father stern and loving. "We love you Oliver." He returned the remark with a hug and a wave, then was on his way.

A Captain Goes Down With His Ship
Oliver was now twenty five years old, almost eight years sailing under Captain Kirt's command. Nothing very eventful happened in those three years after reuniting with his family. During a battle Oliver did get stabbed in the eye, and now wears an eye patch. Oliver's new nickname was Patchy, which made him smile. It was a beautiful day to be out at sea, everyone was content and drinking rum. "My favorite feelin' is the sea breeze blowing against my face." Captain Kirt said to Oliver. "Aye Captain, it be a real nice feelin'." They clanked bottles and drank to the sea and the freedom of a ship. "Eh Capn', ahead!" yelled Fred from the crow's nest. In the distance another pirate ship could be seen sailing straight for theirs, once it got closer, Oliver knew exactly whose ship it was, Edward Mason's. "Capn'. . . " but Captain Kirt knew just as well as he, "I know. Ready yourselves men, we got a fight on our hands!" Oliver wasn't scared like the rest, he was rather happy that he might get the chance to give Edward what he deserved. The ships ran side by side and the enemy boarded the ship, "Attack!" shouted Captain Kirt, and attack they did. Oliver cut down two pirates before he found one that gave him a challenge. Fred got down from the nest, and right as his foot touched the ground two pirates came and challenged him. But Fred wasn't ready, and so fell to enemy hands. This made the rest of Captain Kirt's crew mad, their first fallen. The enemy felt the same and so the blood began to flow. Near the wheel, Oliver could see Captain Kirt and Edward Mason fighting, locked in an epic battle for eternity it seemed. One of Edward's crew members set a torch on fire next to ten bottles of rum. "Retreat!" yelled the man who lit the torch, and the enemy began filing back into their ship. Captain Kirt told his crew to leave on the escape boats, "Capn' aren't you comin'?" asked Oliver. But they all knew the answer, Captain Kirt was staying behind with his ship. When the enemy was too far away to be seen and the boats had sailed the crew a safe distance away, the ship exploded. "A captain goes down with his ship." said Art, and they floated away, hats off to the best captain they had ever known.  

Captain Oliver Sail
All of their hearts were filled with sorrow, no one spoke for a long time. Oliver was shaken, he knew men in Edward's crew, what if he killed one of his friends? But that thought was quickly thrown away when he resided in sorrow for Captain Kirt, "A captain goes down with his ship" was still echoing in Oliver's head until they reached land two days later. They reached the island south of Strata, drinking a lot of rum to try and staunch the pain, but no one could shake the feeling. "I can't sit here knowing Edward Mason got the last laugh!" Oliver said, fist thrown down on the table. "I'm going to get a ship, and hunt him down. Who's with me?" "Aye" rang through the crew, a surge of energy, a want of revenge for their fallen captain. So that's exactly what Oliver did, they all pitched in, bought a ship, made Oliver captain, and sailed into open waters searching for the man they all hated most. Upon being captain, Oliver Sail was given a tattoo of the horizon on his upper right arm, "How ya like it capn'?" asked Art. "Aye mate, looks good. Ya know what would make it even better? A bottle of rum a' course!" Oliver smiled, held up his bottle and said, "To Captain Kirt, a good pirate, and a great man!"

Short Lived
When Oliver and his crew had decided to stop and make port, they learned that Edward Mason was killed by his mutineering crew lead by a man named Marty. Even though Oliver was dissapointed it hadn't been him who killed the cold hearted man, he was glad to know Marty was. He chuckled and his crew couldn't understand why, they were all frusturated at the news. "Aye, good old Marty!" "Capn' why are you so happy?" asked Art "Nothin' mate, listen I'm gonna head us toward Efirhal Island, once there we will make port and I will not be able to continue with you as captain. "But sir. . . " protested the crew, "That's an order." said Oliver. When they reached Efirhal Oliver climbed off the ship, said goodbye to his friends, drinking with them one last time, "Take what ya can." "Give nothin' back!"

Long Lost Friends
Oliver's mother was absolutely thrilled to have her young man back home safe and sound, and his father was eager to hear all about the tales of the sea. Being back home brought joy, but it also brought sorrow. The young pirate would not have left his ship and crew without reason. As soon as the sharing of stories ended, Oliver wanted to know about his friends Jimmy and Walter. "Have they come home?" but before the words left his lips he knew what the answer would be. His father looked him in the eyes, "I am sorry Oliver, they have not come home." Oliver stood up quickly and unexpectedly, "I have to know that they are safe, that they are still alive." His mother stood up and met his gaze, "Now you listen to me young man, you have put yourself in enough danger as it is! You just got home and I have been worried sick that I would never see you again! I don't want to lose my only child. . . they could be half way across the world for all we know!" Oliver was taken aback at how aggressive his mother was being with him, but he was calm when he replied to her outburst, "Mother, I love you dearly, but they are my friends and I need to find them. . ." He turned to his dad with a nod, "I love you both very much." and with those last words he walked out and began the long search for his friends.

Accessories
Weapons
Cutlass
Miscellaneous
Large emerald ring, ruby and sapphire rings, gold necklace, and two silver bracelets.
150 Sans
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 12:00:47 PM by Oliver » Logged

Take what ya can!
Give nothin' back!
-Pirates of the Carribean

Oliver
Emrah Lark
Swell Rogue on the Road
Approved Character

Human, Helcrani

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 06:49:02 PM »

Hello Oliver. You have a very interesting character here! Just a brief and minor notice: not being able to read and write isn't considered a weakness here. Perhaps if you needed it to do your job properly but that's not the case. Strengths and weaknesses are generally seen as how is your character different from an average peasant.

(Swimming is a different case: it's surealy a great weakness for a sailor to be unable to swim even though regular peasants can't swim either).

"Yea, I be a proper gentleman."

Emrah Lark
Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels
Lady of the South
Mini-mod

Human, Shendar, Shen-D'auras

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 08:45:56 PM »

Hi, great to see somebody who is not overly pretty and nice...  buck

We don't have cannons and scrapnels yet and in the last decades Santharia was quite a peaceful place, no major battles etc., for your history.
You are writing of pillaging, what did you pillage, are you a pirate?
have you already stumbled over the Stormcloaks? The entry is a bit outdated, but should suffice for CD creation. You have of course the option to sail with one of the eastern shipcompanies of the big cities (Strata, Varcopas, Milkengard, smaller porttowns are possible also)
Oliver
Wind Changer
Approved Character

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 01:05:19 AM »

Alright, thank you both for your comments! I will alter my cd to fit the times of Santharia and find another weakness! Also I was planning on Oliver previously being a sailor on a merchant ship but then being attacked by pirates and therefore becoming one, is that alright or shoud I just have Oliver be a straight up sailor?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:29:58 AM by Oliver » Logged

Take what ya can!
Give nothin' back!

Oliver
Lady of the South
Mini-mod

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 03:50:10 AM »

As you like, if you want to become a pirate... I heard, there are still some around the Scattersands Shoals, ermm, well, these islands south of Strata. But that is up to you. Maybe look at this other CD of a sailor, there are a few advices about sailing, stars in Caelereth etc. (Vildgeir)
Oliver
Wind Changer
Approved Character

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 09:10:20 AM »

Alright! So I am finished with my cd. Please leave any comments you have for my cd, it would be greatly appreciated!
-Oliver Sail

Take what ya can!
Give nothin' back!

Oliver
Malexia Vendu
Tainted Flame
CD Mod

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 12:58:40 AM »

Ahoy Jack Sparrow and Captain Kirk! I mean, Kirt!

Your character would be much more appropriate as an Avennorian, with the pirate lifestyle and all.

Nothing in your CD reads like a Centoraurian at all.

Oliver
Wind Changer
Approved Character

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 04:42:35 AM »

Alright sounds good, I just thought that since Centoraurians live on an island and frequently become sailors there, I thought it fit perfectly, but can definitely change that. Also, I read the Centoraurian description again and Oliver seems to fit fine with the description; Cherish freedom (which is why Oliver likes sailing), but respects willingly the person in charge if they respect them (Captain Kirt), and very accepting of other people (he is very outgoing). Just wanted to see if that would change anything about Oliver being a Centoraurian, if not please let me know!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 07:36:07 AM by Oliver » Logged

Take what ya can!
Give nothin' back!

Oliver
Roy Tmofl
The Mage of Flaming Light
CD Mod

Human, Centoraurian.

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 12:00:49 PM »

Hello Oliver. My comments will be in  Orange today. Also I apologize. The corrections will also be capitalized. It’s not that they’re really bad. It’s just that I lose my place when I try to come back to color them.

Name: Oliver Sail

Race: Human

Tribe: Centoraurian

Title: Wind Changer

Description: Oliver Sail

Appearance
Height: 1.77 Peds
Weight: 1 Pygge, 4 Hebs, 6 Mut
Hair Colour: Jet Black
Eye Colour: Bright Blue

Physical Appearance: Oliver is over average height yet under average weight. His skin is golden brown due to prolonged exposure to the sun and very often burnt red. Like all men of his tribe, Oliver is very muscular and fit. He has brilliant blue eyes that resemble the clear blue sea. Due to loud the loud ringing of swords in battle, Oliver has damaged ears that are always swollen and krinkled.(CRINKLED) Oliver has a tatoo(TATTOO) of the horizon on his upper right arm.

Clothing: Oliver wears a patch over his damaged eye, caused by a stab wound. He wears many accessories, mostly jewelry which he has pillaged and stolen throughout his years of being a sailor. The accessories include: large emerald ring, ruby and sapphire rings, gold necklace, and two silver bracelets. For his everyday (EVERY DAY) wear, Oliver wears a leather vest, thin cotton pants, leather boots, and a thin cotton bandana with a hat. On cold, stormy days out at sea Oliver sports a thick leather and wool coat over his vest, thick wool pants, his boots, and his hat.

Personality: Oliver enjoys rum, gambling, and being out at sea. He is very outgoing and never gets shy or nervous. He has a charismatic (CHARISMATIC) personality which gets him many friends. Although he can sometimes be a cow hearted scallywag, he is courageous and brave in battle. Oliver has made great insult of many people and still plans to in the future, although he denies it when told so. He can be quite slippery and stupid, but never cheats or lies. When in tough niches, somehow Oliver always finds a way to get out with a clever remark and a wayward move (the rum definetly (DEFINITELY) helps). Nothing can stop him once his mind is set on something and can sometimes be rather selfish. Oliver lives for himself and himself only, that is the only rule he follows.    

Strenghts (STRENGTHS)[/u][/b]
Oliver is very clever and can get out of almost any bad luck situation he may have gotten himself into.

He knows anything and everying(EVERYTHING) that is to be known about keeping a ship looking her best.

When caught in a rough storm in the middle of the sea, Oliver is very good about navigating a ship to safety.

Oliver is very skilled with a cutlass which is his only weapon.

Weaknesses
Gambling is an obsession for Oliver and so all of his money is wasted the moment he gets it.

In spite of always being near water, he is a terrible swimmer, but is rarely ever faced with having to attempt.

Oliver has some memory loss due to constant binge drinking.  

His ears are constantly ringing from the loud sounds and ringing of battle, and he is on the brink of becoming def (DEAF).

History

Little Oliver Sail
As a child Oliver was very adventerous and always found his way to trouble. When he went out fishing with his father, he would be told stories of ghost pirates and buried treasures. These stories thrilled Oliver, he would always go to the shore and pretend he was captain of a vassal. The Sail family had a two story house on the beach of the Efirhal Island. Jimmy and Walter were Oliver's best friends, and all of the stories that Oliver was told about pirates, were passed on to his friends. One day Jimmy, Walter, and Oliver decided to make a raft that would sail them to an exotic place where buried treasure could be found, they dressed as piratey as they could and went off. Oliver's mother had finished cooking dinner and was calling the children inside to come and eat, but when she waited for an answer, no reply came. On the shore that the children always played at, Oliver's father found foot prints and littered pieces of rope and wood in the sand. But the little pirates were not far, for once they had set sail the waves of the sea drew them back to shore, only peds from where they had begun their journey. Laughing, they all went inside and enjoyed a nice warm stew, and a cold scolding from their mothers.

Set Sail for Midlanir
When Oliver turned seventeen he decided he wanted to live a life out at sea. His father had been a sailor and the pirate stories he was told when he was a little boy influenced his decision greatly. Oliver's mother wanted him to stay and be a smith or a trader, but her and Oliver knew he lived for adventure and excitment.(EXITEMENT) So, Oliver, Jimmy, and Walter became sailors, friends as they were, they all joined the same crew. Them and the rest of the crew had been assigned a task to sail for Midlanir, the island just north of Efirhal Island. They had all been warned by the captain that the waters had become increasingly dangerous here, pirates attacking and raiding merchant ships, and that there was a very real chance of death. When told this, Oliver looked at his buddies, and they all returned great big smiles to one another, this was just like the stories. But to their great regret nothing happened on their trip to Midlanir, and they returned safely. This new life brought many things to Oliver's life, firstly a great friendship with rum. Oliver had only really drank wine and sometimes ale while living at home, but one of the older sailors had introduced Oliver and his friends to it on their previous trip to Midlanir. Since that trip had been eventless, Oliver picked up another addiction, gambling. With dice or cards he really didn't care, it was the thrill and the adventure of the game that turned him on to it.

A Change in the Wind
Now Oliver was eighteen and had learned many skills in the way of maintaining a ship, tarring the ropes, tying knots, sewing, and swabbing the deck. The merchant ship in which he sailed had only done trades close to the home base, not venturing far due to fear of pirate attacks. But one trip that ventured far away offered a big pay, and so the captain agreed to take himself and his crew to the island south of Strata. The pay was so large because the waters south of Strata were the most dangerous for merchant ships, and so as an incentive they also got some pay up front. Finally, maybe Oliver and his sailor friends might get a real adventure this time! It took days of gambling and drinking to finally reach their destination. Once there, they dropped off the cargo and headed ashore to sleep in a bed rather than a swinging hammock(HAMMOCK). But rest was put aside until very late that night, Oliver and his friends decided to start up a game of cards with anyone who was willing to lose their money, "Alright I'll play." said an old sailor who now lived on the island, "But it ain't lookin' good, haven't had much luck these days!" "Well that goes without saying sir, I am the best." Oliver sported with a chuckle. "We'll see about that!" a man slammed his mug on the table sloshing rum all over the cards. "Will we?" said Oliver in a cocky tone, and as Oliver looked up at the man, he realized he looked a lot like the pirates described in the stories his father used to tell him. "Perfect." thought Oliver, "This is exactly the excitment (EXITEMENT) I was looking for." In the end the match was between Oliver and the man who called himself "Edward Mason." Four aces were staring right up at Oliver, and he knew he had this in the bag. "What are we bettin' mate? Cuz sans just ain't cuttin' it. . . how 'bout you join my crew if I win?" Edward said this quietly(QUIETLY) to Oliver and looked him in the eyes with a blood thirsty look. "And if I win?" Oliver asked. "You can have every single san in my pocket." he replied. "Fine!" said Oliver, sure he would win. They laid down the cards and Edward Mason pulled out a royal straight flush, "Hahahaha, welcome to the crew!"

Description: Edward Mason

Oliver Sail. . . The Pirate
Once Edward Mason said this, swords were pulled and havoc erupted in the tavern. Clanking of metal, cries, and laughter were thrown about the room, making Oliver's ears ring to the point of not being able to hear himself think. He and his friends tried defending themselves, but it was too late, Edward and his first mate grabbed Oliver, tied him up, and walked out with him struggling and yelling. Jimmy and Walter could do nothing to save their friend, they were occupied, but both watched as Oliver was pulled away from them. Swaying, orders being given, sore head, and rope burned wrists, "This. . . is not. . . good." said Oliver as he blinked his eyes open and absorbed his surroundings. A scrawny man approached him who wore thin dirty clothes, was missing an arm, and had a crazed look in his eye. "Ur dang right it ain't good mate, hahahaha!" this man's breath smelled like a horses behind, thought Oliver as the man was nailsbreadths from his face. "Here, I'll get them ropes off ya mate, so how's ur head, ahahahaha?" "Ummm, never been better." Oliver replied. "Hahahaha, oh capn' this guy is funny!" All the sudden the sun was being blocked by a person, a person who was in fact Captain Edward Mason. "Yes, yes Marty, now get back to work!" This was said in a very unfriendly, impatient tone. Marty ran off to join the rest of the crew who were tarring up the ropes. Oliver stood up, now free of his bindings, and faced Edward square in the face. Edward leaned in and said in a quiet but demanding voice, "Get to work, hahahaha." The crew all laughed and pointed at Oliver, teasing the newcomer. He already knew everything about cleaning and maintaining a ship, so the work wasn't difficult, and the pirates were actually quite entertaining and funny. Although Oliver despised Captain Mason, and hated being away from his friends, he quite enjoyed being a pirate, just like the stories he thought, chuckled, and returned to his work.

Drinking, Gambling, and. . . Swimming?
"Hahahahaha!" all the members of the crew were having a great time, losin' money doesn't matter when you've consumed as much rum as pirates do, so it was nearly impossible to not enjoy yourself. "Five threes!" yelled Oliver, "Anyone want to challenge that. . . eh?!?" "Eight, fives. " said Marty, "Eight, fives, ahahaha!" "Alright Marty, I'm callin' you a liar on that." Oliver said very matter of factly. "Haha!" the whole crew was rumbling with laughter. Marty lifts up the cup and laughs wildely,(WILDLY) but cheerfully, "Look Olly, eight, fives, hahahaha eight fives!" Oliver smiled a huge smile and gave Marty 40 sans, "Alright then Marty, here ya go man." All of the sudden the doors flew open with gale force, and it's the captain. "What's goin' on, eh boys?" Captain Mason takes a bottle of rum off the table, takes out the cork, and drinks an unhuman(INHUMAN) amount of it. "Oliver! Come er'!" Oliver looked around to his crew members, they were all shoving him towards the door, "Go Olly," Marty pushed with his one arm and Oliver was forced out of his seat towards the captain. Edward grabbed his collar and yanked him out the door, the whole crew followed closely behind, wanting to see what the commotion was about. "Walk the plank Mr. Sail, ahahahahaha!" yelled the captain. "What sir?. . ." he had no idea what was going on. "You heard me Sail! I said walk the plank!" Captain Mason shoved Oliver onto the plank, kicked the board, forcing Oliver straight into the water. "Splash," the crew waited for Oliver to surface, hoping their friend would survive. Marty knew his buddy couldn't swim, and said, "Capn' look," pointing his finger in the other direction, then tossing a piece of drift wood out to Oliver so he could float. All of the crew members took off their hats in a gesture to Oliver Sail, left the side of the boat, and went to bed in sorrow.

High Water Drifter
When Oliver's struggling finally brought him to the surface, he gasped for air, and panicked. To his great surprise he found a piece of drift wood that stopped his panick, and allowed him to float to whatever shoreline the sea brought him to. He slept for hours while drifting along, not appearing to be heading for land anytime soon. Oliver woke up, and fell asleep several times, feeling the water rise and fall on his now sopping body. He awoke to the sound of ginding(GRINDING) sand underneath the wood, his eyes were blood red from the salt of the water constantly entering his eyes throughout the journey. "What is that thing Fred?" "I don't know Art, but it's kinda weird don't ya thing?" "Aye, let's show it to the capn'." Oliver could feel himself being prodded with a sword, "Hey, watch it!" "Wha?!?" "Did it just. . .?" "Yes Timmy, it just talked. . ." Oliver had enough of the nonsense and attempted to stand, but still dazed from floating all day and all night. "Yes, I can talk, and no you don't have to show me to the captain for pete's sake I'm human." "Ugh what happened to ya mate?" "Got thrown overboard." replied Oliver with a frusturated (FRUSTRATED)tone. Both the men gasped at this, you could tell they were both pirates by the way they spoke. "You didn't. . . start a mutiny against ur capn'. . . did ya?" the man asked this as if it was forbidden and taboo. "Heck no, I didn't do a thing wrong, I hate Edward Mason." A third, taller man approached the scene, "Edward Mason, you say?" Oliver could tell this was the captain and so called him sir, "Aye sir." The captain got an angry fire in his eyes when talking about Edward, "That good for nothing bilge rat threw me overboard too, I was his first mate. It's like he does that to show everybody who's boss, evil that man is." Both the pirates shook with fear at the name Edward Mason. "Well, as long as we have somethin' in common, could I join ur crew sir?" Oliver stood and faced the captain. "Aye matey, ya may, for these last few days have been rough sailin', and we could use all the hands we can get.

Maelstrom
Oliver was now twenty years old, he had been sailing with a new captain, Captain Kirt, a good pirate and a great man. Captain Kirt decided to head for Midlanir Island to search for a treasure as can only be found using old maps he had discoverd. When Oliver heard where they were heading, he was delighted, he hadn't seen his family for two years. His mother and father would be overjoyed to know that he was safe. The captain said they would be stopping at Efirhal Island anyway to rest after their long journey. The had begun their journey to the island and everything was going great, wheather(WEATHER) was perfect and Oliver was winning a lot of sans from the other crew members. But when they were two days out from their destination, winds began blowing, waves got bigger, and the rain came pouring down on the pirates. "Maelstrom!" yelled the captain, and everyone began to get frantic. One of the masts was pushed by the wind and knocked Captain Kirt right out. "Someone grab the wheel!" Fred shouted. All the sailors were doing all they could to keep the ship on course, but no one could fight the harsh winds that pushed it every direction except for the right one. Olvier(OLIVER) grabbed the wheel, "The storm, it's straight ahead Oliver!" yelled Art. He was right, the maelstrom was dead ahead, everybody closed their eyes and wished for the best. Oliver turned the wheel sharp to the left and manuvered (MANEUVERED)in such a way that they missed the storm's reach my nailsbreadths. Captain Kirt awoke, shoved Oliver out of the way, and navigated them through the rest of the storm.

Description: Captain Kirt's Ship in the Storm

Efirhal Island
"Mother! Father! It's so great to see you!" Oliver had a wide smile as he approached his parents with a loving embrace. "How are you son?" Oliver's dad asked. "I'm great, how are you?" He replied happily. "Good, good, come inside, tell us about your adventures." When he was finished telling his parents his tales, he asked them if they've heard anything about Jimmy and Walter. "Jimmy and Walter have not returned home in the past two years." said his mother, and he replied with a very downtrodden look on his face. The family talked for hours but time went too fast, for already Oliver had to meet up with his crew to prepare to set sail the next morning. "You be careful out there, you here(HEAR) me, come back and visit" said his father stern and loving. "We love you Oliver." He returned the remark with a hug and a wave, then was on his way.

A Captain Goes Down With His Ship
Oliver was now twenty two years old, almost four years sailing under Captain Kirt's command. Nothing very eventful happened in those two years after reuniting with his family. During a battle Oliver did get stabbed in the eye, and now wears an eye patch. Oliver's new nickname was Patchy, which made him smile. It was a beautiful day to be out at sea, everyone was content and drinking rum. "My favorite feelin' is the sea breeze blowing against my face." Captain Kirt said to Oliver. "Aye Captain, it be a real nice feelin'." They clanked bottles and drank to the sea and the freedom of a ship. "Eh Capn', ahead!" yelled Fred from the crow's nest. In the distance another pirate ship could be seen sailing straight for theirs, once it got closer, Oliver knew exactly whose ship it was, Edward Mason's. "Capn'. . . " but Captain Kirt knew just as well as he, "I know. Ready yourselves men, we got a fight on our hands!" Oliver wasn't scared like the rest, he was rather happy that he might get the chance to give Edward what he deserved. The ships ran side by side and the enemy boarded the ship, "Attack!" shouted Captain Kirt, and attack they did. Oliver cut down two pirates before he found one that gave him a challenge. Fred got down from the nest, and right as his foot touched the ground two pirates came and challenged him. But Fred wasn't ready, and so fell to enemy hands. This made the rest of Captain Kirt's crew mad, their first fallen. The enemy felt the same and so the blood began to flow. Near the wheel, Oliver could see Captain Kirt and Edward Mason fighting, locked in an epic battle for eternity it seemed. One of Edward's crew members set a torch on fire next to ten bottles of rum. "Retreat!" yelled the man who lit the torch, and the enemy began filing back into their ship. Captain Kirt told his crew to leave on the escape boats, "Capn' aren't you comin'?" asked Oliver. But they all knew the answer, Captain Kirt was staying behind with his ship. When the enemy was too far away to be seen and the boats had sailed the crew a safe distance away, the ship exploded. "A captain goes down with his ship." said Art, and they floated away, hats off to the best captain they had ever known.  

Captain Oliver Sail
All of their hearts were filled with sorrow, no one spoke for a long time. Oliver was shaken, he knew men in Edward's crew, what if he killed one of his friends? But that thought was quickly thrown away when he resided in sorrow for Captain Kirt, "A captain goes down with his ship" was still echoing in Oliver's head until they reached land two days later. They reached the island south of Strata, drinking a lot of rum to try and staunch the pain, but no one could shake the feeling. "I can sit here knowing Edward Mason got the last laugh!" Oliver said, fist thrown down on the table. "I'm going to get a ship, and hunt him down. Who's with me?" "Aye" rang through the crew, a surge of energy, a want of revenge for their fallen captain. So that's exactly what Oliver did, they all pitched in, bought a ship, made Oliver captain, and sailed into open waters searching for the man they all hated most. Upon being captain, Oliver Sail was given a tattoo(TATTOO) of the horizon on his upper right arm, "How ya like it capn'?" asked Art. "Aye mate, looks good. Ya know what would make it even better? A bottle of rum a' course!" Oliver smiled, held up his bottle and said, "To Captain Kirt, a good pirate, and a great man!"

Short Lived
When Oliver and his crew had decided to stop and make port, they learned that Edward Mason was killed by his mutineering crew lead by a man named Marty. Even though Oliver was dissapointed it hadn't been him who killed the cold hearted man, he was glad to know Marty was. He chuckled and his crew couldn't understand why, they were all frusturated at the news. "Aye, good old Marty!" "Capn' why are you so happy?" asked Art "Nothin' mate, listen I'm gonna head us toward Efirhal Island, once there we will make port and I will not be able to continue with you as captain. "But sir. . . " protested the crew, "That's an order." said Oliver. When they reached Efirhal Oliver climbed of the ship, said goodbye to his friends, drinking with them one last time, "Take what ya can." "Give nothin' back!"

Accessories
Weapons
Cutlass
Miscellaneous
Large emerald ring, ruby and sapphire rings, gold necklace, and two silver bracelets.
150 Sans
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 12:12:04 PM by Roy Tmofl » Logged

Stupidity is also a gift from God, but one musn't misuse it.

Pope John Paul II

Magic and personal information.
History and equipment.
Oliver
Wind Changer
Approved Character

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 12:44:32 PM »

Thank you very much Roy! I have put all of my corrections in red!

Take what ya can!
Give nothin' back!

Oliver
Malexia Vendu
Tainted Flame
CD Mod

Human, Centoraurian

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 10:21:54 PM »

If you heart is set on Centoraurian, then that would be fine, it can be made to work. I rescind my earlier suggestion.  Pet

Oliver
Wind Changer
Approved Character

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 11:47:23 PM »

Thank you Malexia! Much appreciation,                                                                                                           
-Oliver Sail  grin

Take what ya can!
Give nothin' back!

Oliver
Oliver
Wind Changer
Approved Character

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 09:19:15 AM »

It would be fantastic if I could recieve some more comments from people! Thanks,
-Oliver Sail

Take what ya can!
Give nothin' back!

Oliver
Seh'nara Celebrindal
Swift Ranger
CD Mod

Elf, Tethinrhim

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2012, 06:49:19 PM »

Hi Oliver! Your charcter is very interesting. :) I only have two comments right now, cause your CD seems pretty alright.

In spite of always being near water, he is a terrible swimmer, but is rarely ever faced with having to attempt.

I would like more detail on this. Really. It's a lovely quirk, but I can't actually see him being unable to swim. It doesn't make sense that a sailor rarely needs to swim. What if he got thrown off the ship in a storm or something? Or something drops into the water, whatever. More importantly, why didn't he learn how to swim? There doesn't seem to be anything holding him back from learning. If you could give some sort of explanation, that'd be awesome. As is, it just looks like a quirk, but a rather unrealistic one.

His ears are constantly ringing from the loud sounds and ringing of battle, and he is on the brink of becoming deaf.

I find this hard to believe. He may be a pirate or a sailor, but sea battles are rarer than you'd expect. It takes days, or even weeks to find another ship on sea. Without radar, the ships are literally sailing blind; they have no idea if they're going to get loot or not. To have "constant" ringing is rather unrealistic. Might I suggest it be phantom rings? Like they're not really there, but he hears them anyway, and they impede his hearing.

Other than that, you seem alright. I'll be back after you correct these. ^^

Lady of the South
Mini-mod

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 04:36:27 PM »

Hi Oliver,

you may be a good sailor, but you are travelling great distances too easily. Your home is the central island on which the big city of Milkengrad is located (did you mention it at all?), then you just sail (or your captain) 5000 strals to the south, just because you heard of big treasures. And back home, and down again.
In addition, Strata would not like to see a ship from Milkengrad down here, they are very competitive...

Milkengrad was the capital of the ancient kingdom of Centorauria and the metropolis of the Helcrani tribe. It is one of the largest cities in the Sarvonian continent. The city is built upon the Efirhal Island and dominates it.

Which map did you use btw?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 04:37:43 PM by Ta'lia of the Seven Jewels » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[October 05, 2020, 02:58:40 PM]

[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]