Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator

- THE CD FORUM POSTICON SYSTEM -

Below is a summary on the posticons used for the character description approval process. The posticon of the first post should always be edited according to the current state of completion of the character description (either by the player, a Moderator or an Administrator).
1) PLAYER - CD is incomplete. Use this posticon if you have not finished your CD.  4) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by one moderator. A second mod's approval is needed.
 2) PLAYER - CD is completed. Use this if you have finished working on your CD.  5) MODERATOR - CD has been approved by two moderators. An Administrator should soon take care of the titling.
 3) MODERATOR - An expert's opinion is needed. The specific field in which the expert's help is needed should be added to the title.  6) ADMINISTRATOR - An administrator has titled the character, and the thread will soon be moved to the CD Archives.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shadow / The Hands of Urtengor/ Unemployed Rogue Smith  (Read 7211 times)
Shadow
New Santharian

« on: February 24, 2013, 06:50:43 AM »

Name: Shadow
Race: Psyrpent
Tribe:  The Hands of Urtengor

Title: Dragon Smith

Appearance:

Eye color: Sognastheen green     
Physical appearance:
Although sleek, Shadow has a muscular body build. This is because of her smithing works. Even though Shadow comes from The Hands or Urtengor tribe, Shadow has became creamy white on her front torso, neck and tail, and completely black everywhere else (except for two cheek spots which are also creamy white) due to a pigment mutation in her scales. It is unknown what the cause of this mutation is since her brood brothers do not posses it. She has a long tail, about a ped and a half long but unlike all other Psyrpents she does not posses three spikes on the end of her tail. It is believed that this is due to her unusual gene mutation.. Shadow has a short snout, with a couple of her teeth being visible from her closed mouth. She has a small scar located on her right hand near her wrist. She is a bit higher than others of her kind standing at about two and a half peds.
[/color]
Clothing:
Shadow is dressed in a brown sleeveless jacket with a white shirt below. She has a matching brown leather belt and black cloth trousers as well. She wears no footwear and also has a large blacksmithing hammer on her back. She uses the hammer, nicknamed “Scalebreaker”, as her weapon during her times of need. She has a traveler's backpack on her back and a small pouch attached to her belt.

Personality:
Shadow is usually a silent, neutral person, but if she finds a person in need of help, as long as she find this person worthy, she will do her best to help out the person. She is loyal and if she finds a person she admires, she will try her best to make that person her ally. She is tough, and not just anyone can make a good impression on her. If Shadow feels threatened by anyone she will not just sit by, instead she will face anyone that would dare threaten her, but if she sees a match she cannot win she will bow down.

Magic:
Telekinesis:
Shadow doesn't often use this in her smithing works, as she does not see use of it. When defending, Shadow will use her telekinesis to help propel her knives. She does this by throwing her knife in the desired direction and then using her telekinesis to speed up the knife, making it deadlier, and longer ranged. She won't do this often as she refrains from using any of her inborn magical abilities.

Telepathy:
Ever since she wanted to leave the Brood Shadow stopped using her telepathy powers. Even now she sees no usage of it. But she will use it if needed to say something to someone far away.

Strengths and weaknesses:

Strengths:

Fire? I'm not afraid of that!
Due to her working at the forge, fire does not intimidate Shadow. If she is trapped in a ring of fire she wont hesitate to get out. For instance, Shadow will try and take out wildfires she spots on, if she sees someone trapped by such a fire, she won't hesitate and will try and save that person. If she is to be attacked by a fire spell or flaming arrows, Shadow will either try to block those attacks or dodge them.
I will overcome my fears
If Shadow is being stopped at doing something (esp. saving someone who is drowning) due to her fears she will do her best to get over them, for even just a moment. This is very hard for her to do though, and will happen very rarely, nearly never.
Physically strong
Shadow is physically strong from her working at the forge, she can hold heavy items (such as a two-handed mallet), and give a strong punch (to a average human, a normal punch for her could result dislocation of the jaw.)
Skilled smith
All those years working at the forge made Shadow a very skilled blacksmith, this makes her able to craft a lot of objects; armour, weapons, small trinkets. Her expertise level would be expert nearing artisan.
Patience is a virtue
Shadow is very patient, when fighting Shadow patiently reads her opponents moves in hope to beat them.
Knife throwing
In her free time Shadow practiced knife throwing. She did this in case of sudden attacks in which she would need the upper hand. Her expertise level in knife throwing is not so great but it good enough to sometimes cripple her opponents, her expertise is slightly better when using her natural telekinesis power, as it improves her accuracy and speed.
I know the alphabet
Shadow is literate and can read and write Styrásh. Though she has trouble speaking it, since she hasn't had as much opportunities to speak it like Tharian, which she knows how to read and speak at a good enough level to make conversation with humans to sell her wares, or buy other things.
Hammer time
Shadow uses a hammer as her weapon of choice. She is a master in handling this weapon.
Inborn abilities
Shadow was born as a member of the Hands of Urtengor, meaning she has a natural possession of the abilities telekinesis and telepathy.

Weaknesses:

I don't want to be a bird
Shadow is afraid of heights, being too high may make Shadow get into a fear paralysis.
I'm not a fan of water
Being around dry land for most of her life, Shadow doesn't like the idea of getting wet, she will normally use water for her smithing and drinking, but she prefers if possible to stay out of rivers, lakes, and basically any larger body of water. Due to this Shadow doesn't know how to swim.
Slow
Shadow is slow, meaning she can be outmaneuvered and outrun easily.

History:
 Shadow was born together with seven others. After she was taught by the broodmother for ten years, she was sent to one of the four Hand guilds; Hands of the forge. There she worked as a blacksmith and forged many tools, weapons and armour. She was very talented ever since she picked up her tongs and hammer with which she shaped metal into countless objects, further improving her skills. She worked mindlessly like this for eight long years. In this time Shadow  read countless books on elf languages, successfully teaching herself how to speak the basics of Styrásh.

Due to being born differently from her brood brothers Shadow was always in the center of mages, who searched for a cause of her scale and tail mutation. Unluckily (or maybe luckily) they never found the cause. Her mutation hasn't shown any other side affects, and none of the other Psyrepents minded the difference in her. They seemed rather uninterested in her unusual look.

It was once while she worked at the forge that things started to clear up for her. She had cut herself by her own tools while working, and decided to take a little break. She started to wonder why she has been working like this at all. This is when she started to think for herself. This has later shown to be a interest to The Triumvirate and The Broodmother Council, and for some time Shadow was a target of being a broodmother herself. But for them she was growing too much selfish, thus making her a target of assassination. This had however not happened, due to Shadow leaving.

When Shadow left she was proclaimed rouge. Her wish of not being a pawn of The Broodmother Council and The Triumvirate any longer has been fulfilled. She wished to be free of the shackles. She wished to see of the world and be a individual, not like in the guild, where countless souls work all day and all night for a choice that is not theirs. That is why she left her home. Forever.

A few months before she abandoned her guild, Shadow rescued a young male Psyrepent from a pair of other older males. That is when she first encountered knife throwing. After she manged to beat them down she decided to try knife throwing as another form of combat. She tried it first on some mice that usually sneaked around her forge, that's when she grew fond of the knife throwing and continued practicing on a couple of other objects. After a while she became good at it and it serves her today as well, with a addition of using her telekinesis.

After abandoning her home she started lurking the lands, mostly off the main roads, as this would mean less contact with other races. At first she had problems with earning money, this would mean that she would need to go to towns and villages she would rather avoid than visit. When she was desperate and in need of money, she would build a merchant stand near villages, cloak herself in a dark cloak and sat down, while trying to look as human as possible. When she did this she refrained from talking too much and did her best not to get her identity shown. It took a couple of tries for her to get this method right, but it proved effective after awhile. Of course it proved problematic to Shadow to get into a forge to craft the items she needed to sell. Usually she would craft in other forges, either by paying with money or by making top quality items in exchange. This would prove useful to Shadow as well on the learning curve since while working near other smiths she could observe their style of forging and smithing.

On her travels she saw much of the world. During these travels, she met large water surfaces. Not seeing such surfaces was a bit taunting to her and after once slipping off a ledge into one of these watery areas she nearly drowned which made her even more afraid of such things than before.

On one occasion during her travels Shadow was eating when a Forest twotails came and started sniffling around. Shadow offered it Loriv berries after which the twotails became inseparable from Shadow. Although Shadow tried to make the critter go away for unknown reasons it stayed with Shadow. Shadow later nicknamed it Lory.

Shadow continued wandering the lands in search for her true place, though she has yet to find where she truly belongs though.

Weapons: Shadow wears her hammer “Scalebreaker” on her back at all times. The hammer is about 3/4 of a ped long, its metal block is made from a mix of mithril ( which she bought off from a starving traveling dwarf) and steel, the hammer has a steel shaft. She also has a pouch of throwing knives on her belt. The pouch usually contains ten steel knives. She can throw these knives on a distance of eight to nine peds with a great hitting percentage and a bit farther when using her telekinesis to speed up the knives. If a enemy is in range of her hammer she won't use the knives.[/color]
Belongings: Shadow has a book of smithing recipes and a pair of tongs in her backpack. She also has a small diary in her pocket. She keeps a bedroll attached to her backpack, and possesses a rather small amount of Santharian currency (in her possession are four san coins located somewhere at the bottom of her backpack. She also carries some flint and steel and a few dried sticks when in need of fire. She doesn't use fire that much due to avoiding contact with other races.

Familiars: Lory (Forest twotails), it is about one and a half palmspans long from head to tailtip. It's fur colour is gray, and its two tails are of normal black and white. It has a white spot in the middle of its head fur. It is usually cheerful, though it acts randomly.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:33:00 AM by Shadow » Logged

Shadow's CD

You have to have a darkness for the dawn to come.
- Harrison Ford
Alýr (Rayne)
Dreamress
Story Mod

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 12:03:31 PM »

Hello, Shadow. It's nice to see a psyrpent--particularly of the Hand of Urtengor--as they're relatively rare. Of course, a psyrpents can be pretty difficult to play, so we make sure that a player is ready to play a psyrpent by being a little more strict when reviewing their character.

1) Your history may need to be expanded a bit. I like that you give some background on how you became adept in your skills as a smith, but it would be nice to know how your character, for example, discovered her fear of water, became interested in knife-throwing, and what events precipitated her leaving the guild.

2) Psyrpents are often viewed with suspicion and fear by other races, including humans. It would be difficult to get by out in the world. It would be very difficult to get work, even if your character is a good blacksmith, because almost no human would trust a psyrpent. And unlike elves, who can cloak themselves and pass for slightly taller humans, psyrpents are huge and have a rather noticeable tail. This means that your character is unlikely to passed unnoticed through cities. Finding transport would likely be difficult, it would be dangerous to stay on the main roads... life is generally more difficult for a psyrpent outside of the nest.

3) You mention a diary. Can your character read and write? Perhaps you might add this to your strengths section. It's not a huge strength, but is still s strength compared to most illiterate farm-hands in Santharia.

See if you can integrate these suggestions and I'll pop by for another look a little later. Good work thus far! I'm excited to see how this character will develop.  :)

Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 06:01:42 AM »

Edited :) Comments are welcomed!

Shadow's CD

- Harrison Ford
Brynjar Grau-eck-Shanno
Whiteclaw
Approved Character

Human, Eanian

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 08:02:22 AM »

Hello Shadow, and welcome! It's great to see another newbie kicking around. I took the liberty of jotting down some things while reading your character description, now I'm not a character mod so I can't approve you but I can offer my humble opinion and a few suggestions. Lets see if we can get some wrinkles smoothed out so the mods can get you approved and onto the track of engaging in your first Santharian adventure.

I'll be using this color for edits, and this color for comments/suggestions. Please don't be discouraged by all the blue! I tend to be rather word-y.

First off, I noticed your thread title. Now, you've almost got it right, but the correct format is Character Name/ Tribe Name/ Occupation (as specified here under 'How do I create my role playing character?'). So yours would read Shadow/ Hands of Urtengor/ Unemployed Rogue Smith.

Race: Psypent Psyrpent
Tribe:  The Hands of Urtengor

Appearance:

Height: 2 2/4 peds

Physical appearance:
Although sleek, Shadow has a muscular body build. This is because of her smiting works. Even if though Shadow comes from The Hands or Urtengor tribe, Shadow has became truly black due to a pigment mutation in her scales. It is unknown what the cause of this mutation is since her brood brothers do not posses it. She has a long tail, about 1/2 of a ped long. I think you meant to say a ped and a half long, because half a ped is only about a foot an a half in imperial, Earth measure. Shadow has a short snout, with a couple of her teeth being visible from her mouth. She has a small scar located on her right hand near her wrist.

Clothing:
Shadow is dressed in a brown sleeveless jacket with a white shirt below. She has a matching brown leather belt and black cloth trousers as well. She wears no footwear and also has a large blacksmithing hammer on her back. She uses the hammer;, nicknamed “Scalebreaker”, as her weapon at during times of need. She has a travelling backpack on her bag. This sentence is awkward and confusing to read, I believe you intended to say something along the lines "She has a travelling bag, and a sack for other possessions".

Personality:
 Shadow’s personality is usually a silent, neutral person, but if she finds a person in need of help, no matter if foe or ally; as long as she find this person worthy I think you are able to omit the crossed out section and still retain the original statement as Shadow being helpful towards trustworthy persons (which implies that it does not matter if said person is considered a friend or an enemy)., she will do her best to help out the person. She is loyal and if she finds a person she admires, she will try her best to make that person her ally. She is a though tough person, and not just anyone can make a good impression on her. If Shadow feels threatened by anyone she will not just sit by, instead she will face anyone that would dare threaten her, but if she sees a match she cannot win she will bow down.

Strenghts Strengths and weaknesses:

Strengths:
Due to her working at the forge, fire does not intermidate Shadow. If she is trapped in a ring of fire she wont hesitate to get out. I'd like to see a little bit more examples of her reactions towards different fires (such as arrows on fire, and brush fires (wild fires, caused by lightening or an unattended campfire, etc.)
I don't have fears!
If Shadow is being stopped at doing something due to her fears she will do her best to get over them, for even just a moment. I think you could alter this to say that Shadow is courageous, not fearless, because you go in to say in her weaknesses that she is essentially afraid of both heights and water.
Physically strong
Shadow is physically strong from her working at the forge, she can hold heavy items, and give a strong punch. Can you give us some examples of just how strong she is? (like an approximation of how much she can lift and carry comfortably, the maximum amount she may lift, how much damage her punch could do to the average human (are we talking about heavy dark bruising, or broken bones, etc.)).
Skilled smith
All those years working at the forge made Shadow a very skilled blacksmith, this makes her able to craft a lot of objects. Can you elaborate on exactly what Shadow is able to craft, whether its blades, or armor, maybe even having some skills in the inlay of jewels into weapons.
Patience is a virtue
Shadow is very patient, in fights this makes Shadow think of a strategy against someone
Knife throwing
In her free time Shadow practiced knife throwing. She did this in case of sudden attacks in which she would need the upper hand.
I know the alphabet.
Shadow is literate and can read and write. This is not a huge strength but it separates her from the illiterate folks. She also knows how to roughly speak elfish. Just a personal choice here, but I've always thought it was spelled 'Elvish' and not 'Elfish', again, just a personal thing (much like color versus colour).

Weaknesses:
Shadow is afraid of hights, being too hight may make Shadow get into a paralysis.
Im not a fan of water
Being around dry land for most of her life, Shadow doesen't like the idea of getting wet, if she does get wet in a fight it may send her into a blind rage. I would like to see some elaboration about this fear of water, because it is used in traditional blacksmithing to temper different metals and it would appear that a blacksmith would have to use this resource if they work with metals (some general information about blacksmithing can be found here and more detailed sources can be found using a Google search) and I'd like to know how this affects her skill level or her approach to smithing.
Brute
Due to her brute form Shadow cannot pass through small spaces and is slow, meaning she can be easily outrunned outrun in a escape and outmanuvered outmaneuvered in a fight.

History: First off, please add a space between each paragraph, as I have done, this just prevents a 'brick wall' of text that makes it easier for the viewer to read
Shadow was born together with seven others. After she was teached taught by the broodmother for ten years, she was sent to one of the four Hand guilds;: Hands of the forge. There she worked as a blacksmith and forged many tools, weapons and armour. She was very talented ever since she picked up her tongues tongs and hammer with which she shaped metal into countless objects, further improving her skills. She worked mindlessly like this for eight long years. In this time Shadow read countless books on elf  languages, successfully teaching herself how to roughly speak it the basics. Broke your first paragraph into two paragraphs here.

After those years Shadow worked at the guild she abandoned it, thus becoming rouge,. Her reason for abandoning abandonment was due to her not willing unwillingness to be a pawn of The Broodmother Council and The Triumvirate any longer. She left after getting a sudden clairvoyance. At a moment she just looked around herself and noticed how countless individuals, like herself, were just working after the orders of a few persons. She wanted to be free and explore the world. She then took her hammer and left unnoticed.

A few months before she abandoned her guild, Shadow rescued a young male Psyrepent from a pair of other older onesmales. That is when she encountered one of them throwing knives at her. This sentences reads wrong to me, maybe try something along the lines of: "This was her first encounter with being on the wrong end of a throwing knife. After she manged to beat them down she decided to try knife throwing as another form of combat. She tried it first on some mice that usually sneaked around her forge, that's when she grew fond of the knife throwing and continued practicing on a couple of other objects. After a while she became good at it and it serves her today as well. Great little bit of back story!

After abandoning her home she started lurking the lands, mostly off the main roads, as this would mean less contact with other races. At first she had problems with earning money. This  feels like the beginning of a sentence to me, instead of a full idea. Perhaps continue it along the lines of "At first she had problems with earning money, forcing her to enter towns she would have rather avoided. When she was desperate and in need of money, she would build a merchant stand near villages, cloak herself in a dark cloak and sat down, while trying to look as human as possible. While When she did this, she refrained from talking too much and did her best not to get her identity shown. It took a couple of tries for her to get this method right, but it proofed proved effective after awhile. No space.

On her travels, she would be exploring saw much of the world. This is when she met vast watery surfaces. This sentences reads awkwardly to me, have you thought rewording it something more along the lines of: "During her explorations, she came into contact with large bodies of water for the first time". After once slipping off a ledge into one of these watery areas, she nearly drowned making which made her even more afraid of such things than before.

On one occasion onduring her travels, Shadow was eating some food when a Forest twotails came and started sniffling around. Shadow offered it Loriv berries, after which the twotails had becomebecame inseparable from Shadow. Although Shadow tried to make the critter go away, for unknown reasons it kept its side bystayed with Shadow. Shadow later nicknamingnicknamed it Lory.

Shadow continued wandering the lands in search for her true place., though she has yet to find where she truly belongs though. This last modification is just a personal choice, to make a more complex sentence.

Weapons: Shadow wears her hammer “Scalebreaker” on her back at all times. She also has a pouch of throwing knives on her belt. Can we get some more details here? I'd like to see the scale of the hammer, and perhaps a little bit on how it is used as a weapon. Also, I'd like to know how many knives she carries and how far she is able to throw these knives (a maximum distance, and a 'comfort zone' of how far she can accurately throw these knives).

Belongings: Shadow has a book of smiting recepies recipes and a pair of tongues tongs in her backpack. She also has a small diary in her pocket. Are there more things that she carries? Does she travel long distances where she might need a bedroll, a way to start a fire, to sleep outside? Or does she prefer to carry gold and other precious forms of currency to exchange for room and board at an inn?

Familiars: Lory (Forest twotails) Please elaborate on your familiar, this includes coloration of the animal as well as the size.

Great job! Your entry shows that you took quite a bit of time to research a few entries in the Compendium and shows a lot of initiative and desire to become part of the Santharian experience. I hope you can get Shadow approved and engaged in some stories here on the boards because she seems like a really great character that could breathe some life back into the RPG (it's a little slow these days). I hope my comments are helpful, and feel free to discard anything you dislike or do not agree with.

Oh, last minute note. Please color the changes you make to your character description, this makes them easy to spot for the mods.

We tend to die young.
Brynjar Grau-eck-Shanno
Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 06:04:58 AM »

Edited and ready for some more comments! :)

Shadow's CD

- Harrison Ford
Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
Story Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 11:16:54 AM »

Hello, Shadow. Welcome to Santharia. Sorry it's taken me a bit to look at your CD, been a bit busy around the house. Brynjar did a great job pointing out what needed to be corrected, so I may not have a lot more to add.

Brute
Due to her brute form Shadow cannot pass through small spaces and is slow, meaning she can be easily outrun in a escape and outmanuvered in a fight.

This is from your weaknesses. I get that she's pretty tall, but in your appearance section you said that she was sleek, which to me is the opposite of a brute form. I would focus on her physical slowness for this weakness, personally.

I would also like to point out that since she uses her hammer as a weapon, that needs to be added to her strengths.

The hammer is about 3/4 of a ped long, its metal block is made from mithril, she spent a lot of time gathering this rare metal, buying it off whenever she could, and has a steel shaft. Her hammer was enhanced to have increased durability by a unknown traveling mage.

Mithril is very difficult to find, and is no longer mined, so it would be very hard for her to find just buying it off people, especially since this hammer she's had with her since she left the Brood (if I'm reading that right). Also, magical items are also banned. I'll bring it up with the other mods and see if there is any wiggle room on either one of those points. Just want to give you a heads up.

All in all, a very well written character. I haven't seen a Psyrpent in awhile, so I'll be interested to see the rest of her story play out. I'm going to change your icon back to a pencil. Remember to color your changes and I'll get back to you on the hammer. :)

Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 04:05:31 PM »

Thank you for your comment Kareesh! And everyone before aswell! I still have a lot of time to spend in te compendum. <.< But as I see I managed to get a good grip of how the lore goes. If only I had more time to read >.< Well thanks again and more comments are welcomed!

Shadow's CD

- Harrison Ford
Leif Terskun
Golden Wordsmith
Mini-mod

Human, Avennorian

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 07:36:43 AM »

Shadow, good evening, and welcome.

I just had a couple of things I wanted to say. The first is that you don't give us very much detail on your strengths. You mention knife throwing, but how good is she? Rudimentary or expert? A more precise description of just how valuable/hindering each strength/weakness is will help us a lot in evaluating how powerful your character is.

Second, though, is that I like this CD, and while I think you could give it a polish (there's a [color] tag floating around somewhere) and some more meat on its bones, I also think you'll have fun playing it, and hope to see you approved soon.

All the best,

Leif.

Words convey knowledge; knowledge is power; thus power lies in words
Leif Terskun
Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 11:46:44 PM »

Thank you for your comment Leif,
I have to say I tried to add some things to my weaknesses and strengths but sadly nothing much came up to my mind, if someone could add a suggestion or example it would be great.
I hope I will be able to get this CD in approval soon, but if needed I will spend as many time as I need to get it right.
Thanks once again to all who helped!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:32:21 PM by Shadow » Logged

Shadow's CD

- Harrison Ford
Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 03:13:22 PM »

Im back from my unannounced leaving of the computer alone, any comments for this character are welcome. I will try getting this CD into order the best way I can.

Shadow's CD

- Harrison Ford
Irid alMenie
Wolf-Lady
Story Mod

Elf, Quaelhoirhim

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 06:44:05 PM »

Hi there Shadow!

I'd like to ask you to use a different colour to mark your changes - the bordeaux you're using now is very hard to read with the grey santharian background.

One thing I did notice - your subject line says "Unemployed Rouge Smith". Rouge is a kind of make-up, I'm pretty sure you mean "Rogue" :)

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Irid al'Menie
Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 02:41:34 AM »

Thanks for your comment Irid, rouge means something else than the thing I wanted to say and I didnt notice the misspell, Ill change the color now so its easier to read!

Shadow's CD

- Harrison Ford
Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
Story Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 11:36:38 AM »

Alrighty. Looks like you've worked on your CD a bit more, so let's take a look and see what we can see, shall we? :) Comments will be in my lime green pen

Race: Psyrpent
Tribe:  The Hands of Urtengor

Appearance:Height: 2 2/4 peds

Physical appearance:
Although sleek, Shadow has a muscular body build. This is because of her smiting works. Even though Shadow comes from The Hands or Urtengor tribe, Shadow has became truly black due to a pigment mutation in her scales. It is unknown what the cause of this mutation is since her brood brothers do not posses it. She has a long tail, about a ped 1/2 long. Shadow has a short snout, with a couple of her teeth being visible from her mouth. Do you mean while her mouth is closed, or just in general? She has a small scar located on her right hand near her wrist.

Clothing:
Shadow is dressed in a brown sleeveless jacket with a white shirt below. She has a matching brown leather belt and black cloth trousers as well. She wears no footwear and also has a large blacksmithing hammer on her back. She uses the hammer, (comma) nicknamed “Scalebreaker”, as her weapon during her times of need. She has a travelling "traveler's" or "traveling" backpack on her back and a small pouch attached to her belt.

Personality:
 Shadow is usually a silent, neutral person, but if she finds a person in need of help, as long as she find this person worthy, she will do her best to help out the person. She is loyal and if she finds a person she admires, she will try her best to make that person her ally. She is a tough person, and not just anyone can make a good impression on her. If Shadow feels threatened by anyone she will not just sit by, instead she will face anyone that would dare threaten her, but if she sees a match she cannot win she will bow down.

Strengths and weaknesses:

Strengths:
Due to her working at the forge fire does not intermidate intimidate Shadow. If she is trapped in a ring of fire she wont hesitate to get out. For instance, Shadow will try and take out wildfires she spots on, if she sees someone trapped by such a fire, she won't hesitate and will try and save that person. If she is to be attacked by a fire spell or flaming arrows, Shadow will either try to block those attacks or dodge them.

I will overcome my fears.
If Shadow is being stopped at doing something (exp. saving someone who is drowning) due to her fears she will do her best to get over them, for even just a moment. This is very hard for her to do though, and will happen very rarely, nearly never

Physically strong
Shadow is physically strong from her working at the forge, she can hold heavy items (such as a twohanded two-handed mallet), and give a strong punch (to a average human, a normal punch for her would result dislocation of the jaw.)

Skilled smith
All those years working at the forge made Shadow a very skilled blacksmith, this makes her able to craft a lot of objects; armour, weapons, small trinkets. Her expertise level would be expert.

Patience is a virtue
Shadow is very patient, when fighting Shadow patiently reads her opponents moves in hope to beat them.

Knife throwing
In her free time Shadow practiced knife throwing. She did this in case of sudden attacks in which she would need the upper hand.

I know the alphabet. Her expertise level in knife throwing is not so great but it good enough to sometimes cripple her opponents. I think this previous sentence belongs in the previous strength, no? ;)
Shadow is literate and can read and write. This is not a huge strength but it separates her from the illiterate folks. She also knows how to roughly speak elvish.

Hammer time
Shadow uses a hammer as her weapon of choice. She is a master in handling this weapon.

Weaknesses:
Shadow is afraid of hights heights, being too hight height may make Shadow get into a paralysis.

Im I'm not a fan of water
Being around dry land for most of her life, Shadow doesen't doesn't like the idea of getting wet, she will normally use water for her smithing and drinking, but she prefers if possible to stay out of rivers, lakes, and basicly basically any larger area of water. Due to this Shadow doesn't know how to swim.

Slow
Shadow is slow, meaning she can be outmanuvered outmaneuvered and outrun easily.

History:
 Shadow was born together with seven others. After she was taught by the broodmother for ten years, she was sent to one of the four Hand guilds; Hands of the forge. There she worked as a blacksmith and forged many tools, weapons and armour. She was very talented ever since she picked up her tongs and hammer with which she shaped metal into countless objects, further improving her skills. She worked mindlessly like this for eight long years. In this time Shadow  read countless books on elf  languages, successfully teaching herself how to speak the basics.

After those years Shadow worked at the guild she abandoned it, thus becoming rouge. Her reason for abandonment was due to her unwillingness to be a pawn of The Broodmother Council and The Triumvirate any longer. She left after getting a sudden clairvoyance. At a moment she just looked around herself and noticed how countless individuals, like herself, were just working after the orders of a few persons. She wanted to be free and explore the world. She then took her hammer and left unnoticed.

A few months before she abandoned her guild, Shadow rescued a young male Psyrepent from a pair of other older males. That is when she first encountered knife throwing. After she manged to beat them down she decided to try knife throwing as another form of combat. She tried it first on some mice that usually sneaked around her forge, that's when she grew fond of the knife throwing and continued practicing on a couple of other objects. After a while she became good at it and it serves her today as well. I would almost move this paragraph to before you mention her leaving the Brood. Just keeps your history in line and makes it a little bit easier to read.

After abandoning her home she started lurking the lands, mostly off the main roads, as this would mean less contact with other races. At first she had problems with earning money, this would mean that she would need to go to towns and villages she would rather avoid than visit. When she was desperate and in need of money, she would build a merchant stand near villages, cloak herself in a dark cloak and sat down, while trying to look as human as possible. When she did this she refrained from talking too much and did her best not to get her identity shown. It took a couple of tries for her to get this method right, but it proved effective after awhile.

On her travels she saw much of the world. During these travels, she met large water surfaces. Not seeing such surfaces was a bit taunting to her and after once slipping off a ledge into one of these watery areas she nearly drowned which made her even more afraid of such things than before.

On one occasion during her travels Shadow was eating when a Forest twotails came and started sniffling around. Shadow offered it Loriv berries after which the twotails became inseparable from Shadow. Although Shadow tried to make the critter go away for unknown reasons it stayed with Shadow. Shadow later nicknamed it Lory.

Shadow continued wandering the lands in search for her true place, though she has yet to find where she truly belongs though.

Weapons: Shadow wears her hammer “Scalebreaker” on her back at all times. The hammer is about 3/4 of a ped long, its metal block is made from a mix of mithril ( which she buyed bought off from a starving traveling dwarf) and steel, the hammer has a steel shaft. She also has a pouch of throwing knives on her belt. The pouch contains ten steel knives. She can throw these knives on a distance of eight to nine peds with great accuracy. If a enemy is in range of her hammer she won't use the knives.
Belongings: Shadow has a book of smiting recipes and a pair of tongs in her backpack. She also has a small diary in her pocket. She keeps a bedroll attached to her backpack, and possesed possesses a rather small amount of Santharian currency (in her possesion possession are four san coins located somewhere at the bottom of her backpack. She also carries some flint and steel and a few dried sticks when in need of fire. She doesn't use fire that much due to avoiding contact with other races.

Familiars: Lory (Forest twotails), it is about one and a half palmspans long from head to tailtip. It's fur colour is gray, and its two tails are of normal black and white. It has a white spot in the middle of its head fur.

Overall, she is looking very good. You have a few spelling mistakes, which I pointed out, so please correct those. There were also a few other things I pointed out, but nothing major. Good job!

I'll move your icon to a pencil while you work on what I mentioned. Feel free to put it back and mention that you've fixed the mistakes and I'll pop by and give her another look over. :)

Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 01:56:54 AM »

Okay I replaced the paragraph and corrected the grammar, thank you for both the correction and for my icon ^w^
Im really hoping I will join in soon! In the mean time I will await the comments and possible approval! :D

Shadow's CD

- Harrison Ford
Shadow
New Santharian

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2013, 03:21:13 PM »

I have....No idea what that means :D

Shadow's CD

- Harrison Ford
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[February 10, 2022, 09:09:05 PM]

[February 10, 2022, 09:07:54 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:43 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:03:25 PM]

[July 30, 2021, 06:01:01 PM]

[February 12, 2021, 07:16:33 AM]

[December 13, 2020, 12:16:51 AM]