Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Regal Rusik: Ryldor's home away from home  (Read 3130 times)
Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« on: January 19, 2014, 12:54:28 PM »

Overview:  
The Regal Rusik is a non-descript tavern-inn in Nyermersys. It's one of the more popular locations in the city, thanks to its good food and relatively cheap accommodations. Ryldor spends most of his time there drinking and flirting.

Location of the building:
On the southern half of the continent of Sarvonia is the Nermeran Province. The province's capital city, Nyermersys, is a thriving port town on the river Teiphra. Situated near the corner of Hunter's Bow and Hound's Way in the Merchant's Village section of town is the Regal Rusik.

Description
Outdoors:
The Regal Rusik is a two-story stone building of unremarkable design. Roughly 50 fore square and 20 fore tall, it sits there, all grey and brown. A clay roof completes the uninspired mass of earth tones. The only adornments are two painted panels that flank the double-door entrance. To the left are two large "R"s, one overlapping the other. Originally vibrant red, time and grime has turned the R's a dull maroon.The Rusik's only striking external feature is to the right. A 5 fore tall painting depicts a reddish brown rusik rearing on its hind legs. It's set against a beautiful landscape of bright blue sky and vivid green hills. The panel is clearly newer and/or better maintained than anything else on the building.

Indoors:
The first floor consists mostly of dining room. Four long communal tables, two on each side, form a slightly off-center aisle that leads from the door to the bar. To the left as you enter are several round tables. To the right along the wall, three booths provide extra privacy and are available at the whim of the waitress, usually at an extra fee. The tables and chairs are made of black birch and are clearly meant for function over form. The stonework of the building is visible from inside throughout except behind the booths which have red birch paneling. The booth nearest the back is typically roped off and reserved for Ryldor.

Double doors, usually left open during service, lead to the kitchen. Patrons seated closest to the doors are treated to the wonderful aromas, as well as the sounds of the chef's rants, coming from the kitchen.

Next is a long bar manned by a large man with long black hair. The front of the bar is paneled with the same red birch behind the booths. It's topped by a smooth arvin cedar top, built to withstand spills. Decorative bottles are arrayed along the back wall.

There's a door to a small pantry tucked under the stairs.

Upstairs are several guest rooms, all roughly the same size, not big but large for the price. Each room has a bed and stand of similar utilitarian design as the furniture downstairs.

A large room in the center provides those with less coin a bed, a roof and little else. The Rusik's good standing allows it to be a bit more selective in who it allows in. Thus, sharing a room with several others is generally more pleasant here than elsewhere.

There are two larger rooms or suites, but due to poor planning, one is directly over the kitchen. It's highly coveted during the winter, but often vacant otherwise because of the heat. The suites have a larger bed, a stand, and a table and chair, all slightly more stylish than the rest of the furniture.

NPCs:
Three workers run the tavern, two of them distinct because of their similar masses of long, coal black hair.

Behind the bar is Ash. He's a tall (2 peds), muscular man whose mere presence alleviates the need for a bouncer. His dark mane is going gray at the temples, and his face is weathered with wrinkles, giving the appearance that he's older than he really is. An ever-present cigar is how he got his nickname (his real name is Gerick), though it is never lit when serving to keep real ashes out of the food and drink. He is stoic to newcomers, but warm and pleasant to regulars.

The waitress is named Simone but virtually everyone calls her Ashley, a play off of the bartender's name as some, wrongly, assume she's his daughter. She might have minded but for the fact than men behave better in front of her 'father.' Her height reinforces this mistaken belief as she is but nailsbreadths shorter then he, though well over a pygge lighter. Very tall and very thin, she can both look around, and navigate through, the room easily.

The redhead, and most traditionally Erpheronian, in the group is Sarah, the cook. Short and stout, with a perpetual frown, Sarah has difficulty working with others. She isn't a particularly innovative chef, and truth be told, most of her efforts at new dishes end in disaster. However, she's perfected a few outstanding dishes for the Rusik's menu and makes nothing else, allowing absolutely no substitutions. (Some assume she stole the recipes and wouldn't be able to adapt to changes.) The entrees are:
   ~Roast taenish and carroot with a vinterberry/meldarapple sauce. Delicious sweet and sour flavors.
   ~Peppered seared Kyrattin calf steak with a spicy mash of jutog and fire grass. For those who like a kick.
   ~Slow cooked Sawis lamb chops with Sulcho mushrooms in a red wine sauce. Deep earthy flavors.
   ~Crispy barsa with melted leeks. The lightest dish on the menu.

Links:
Ryldor: http://www.santharia.com/adv/index.php/topic,577,0.html
Quaelhoirhim Elves: http://santharia.com/tribes/elves/quaelhoirhim.htm
Nyermersys: http://santharia.com/places/nyermersys.htm

* Regal Rusik.jpg (82.93 KB, 816x1056 - viewed 237 times.)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 08:10:32 PM by Azalahn » Logged

It is not enough to conquer; one must learn to seduce.  ~  Voltaire
Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 12:35:07 PM »

Anyone else hate their own writing? Just me? Great!

Anyway, have a look.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 12:35:48 PM by Ryldor Gadriel » Logged

Oh dearest Ryldor, dust thou know thy charm?; The clever smile soft upon thy face; Seem like a promise for to do no harm; Whilst I, enjoying thy tender grace; Should gaze in admiration at thy eyes; As azure as where highest heaven lay; Reflections of the clearest, truest skies; They seem to melt my very heart away!; And if thy lovely words were not as true; As thine eyes blue, still I'd believe thy claim; Of magedom. Magic turned a rosy hue; My cheeks. A spell thou cast upon this dame!; Thou art a most capricious scoundrel, yet; The sweetest gentlemen I've ever met.; ~ Rayne Avalotus
Azalahn
Dance of Sorrow
Story Mod

Elf, Kaŭrrhem

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 12:13:07 PM »

Looks good

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 04:23:08 AM »

Was this ever approved?

Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 07:01:14 AM »

One of the mods said it looked good, but it's not marked as being approved. Sadly, I don't think either one of the mods are active. So....yes-no?  Undecided

Also, welcome back, Ryl. :D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 07:05:13 AM by Kareesh Valendar » Logged

Ryldor Gadriel
Miscreant Mage
Approved Character

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 04:05:31 PM »

Thanks Kar. We'll see how long it lasts. :)

Azalahn
Dance of Sorrow
Story Mod

Elf, Kaŭrrhem

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 08:13:42 PM »

Never changed the icon to approved. Sorry about that.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[November 23, 2017, 02:08:26 PM]

[November 23, 2017, 02:06:29 PM]

[October 05, 2017, 09:17:18 PM]

[September 14, 2017, 01:43:18 AM]

[September 06, 2017, 01:35:39 PM]

[August 12, 2017, 05:37:27 PM]

[June 17, 2017, 11:01:53 AM]

[June 12, 2017, 10:36:30 AM]