Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Embed Maximize

Newbies, read these!

Character Creation
FAQs
Restrictions

Main Site
Portraits
Rules
Story Creation
Racial Crossbreeding
Magic

Contact
Tips and Tricks
IRC Chat
Measures Converter
Elven Aging Calculator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Newbies, Rogues and Everything Nice  (Read 1410 times)
Geirnils Kreiskin
The Thieves' Messiah
Approved Character

« on: February 10, 2015, 02:17:52 PM »

Hello there everyone! I've been delaying this introduction for a while, but no more! I've already been working on a CD for a few days, so needless to say I've already read a few things on these forums. I'm planning to start a rather simple but (hopefully) interesting character. He's going to be a rogue in the business of forging magical artifacts. I'm not planning on giving him too many physical abilities, but he will be very adept at con art, though it will be accomplished without the use of magic. His motivations will probably be to gather enough money to build a city in which thieves and criminals of all kind can live and congregate above ground, without fear.
      I've got a whole bunch of details down already, but that's the basic idea of his character. Tell me how it is as a concept, but either way, looking forward to having some fun here with everyone. grin heart

Geirnils' CD

"Those who are with me have already heard my words, and those who aren't don't deserve them."- Geirnils
Geirnils Kreiskin
The Thieves' Messiah
Approved Character

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 02:29:16 PM »

Oh, and one question- is it ok to format the history section as a timeline?

Geirnils' CD

"Those who are with me have already heard my words, and those who aren't don't deserve them."- Geirnils
Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 03:35:24 PM »

First of all, hello and welcome to Santharia! We hope you enjoy your stay.  Pet

Onto your character idea, the first thing that sticks out to me is the whole "rogue in the business of forging magical artifacts." Magical items are banned, so unless I'm misreading something here, someone who can actually make magical items would also, unfortunately, be banned. Please feel free to correct me if I misread that.

As for the timeline, I think that should be fine, though there would need to be some detail in it. I'm a very visual person, so seeing something is easier for me to understand fully, but it sounds okay.

If you have any more questions or need something else, feel free to give out a holler or a PM.  :)

Altario Shialt-eck-Gorrin
Adventurer
Admin

Human, Remusian

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 10:06:48 PM »

:D  Welcome.

Forging, as in using a forge, then no.

Forging as in creating a forgery (fake) then yes.

Using a timeline should be fine, the History section leaves open a wide variety of creativity.

As for RP, the con bit has to come through in your writing ability.

Sorry for the rushed answers, but I'm stepping out the door for work. :)

Favorite Cartoon Quotes
"It was a dark and stormy night."  - Snoopy
"Ack!" - Bill the Cat
"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski." - President Bill Clinton

My Character can be viewed @Angelina Jolie's house.  But knock first, in case I'm in my underwear.
Toama SorInyt
Confident Nomad
Approved Character

Human, Sand Sisters

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 10:13:26 PM »

HI there, welcome!

You did say "though it will be accomplished without the use of magic.", so I'm assuming you actually do mean fakes, which would be ok, so long as it's obvious to the readers that it's not an actual magic artifact.

Which is basically what Altario just said ;)

A timeline is no problem, but that's also been answered already. I have a character whose history is mentioned entirely in letters, so like Alt said, quite a lot of leeway is offered in the history bit.

Geirnils Kreiskin
The Thieves' Messiah
Approved Character

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 09:32:21 AM »

Yes everyone, I meant faking artifacts, not creating them. I read the banned items list.  :)
As for the History section, I started it yesterday almost right after creating this thread, so I'll probably just go with it as it is :P Anyway, looking forward to finishing up my CD at some point in the next few days, I can't wait to jump right in to some RPG goodness.

Geirnils' CD

Kareesh Valendar
Hatred's Fury
CD Mod

Elf, Arthyron

Homepage
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 10:08:06 AM »

For some reason, I didn't even think of "forging" as in the rogue sense. So...yeah...just ignore me.  buck

Geirnils Kreiskin
The Thieves' Messiah
Approved Character

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 11:11:20 AM »

Well to be fair, I didn't think of forging in the blacksmith's sense when I wrote this, so once you're done welcoming me, you can ignore me as well. buck In fact, why not just all ignore each other for a day? It can be National Santharian Ignorance Day! We spend so much of the rest of the year learning as much as we can about the world of Caelereth, so why not spend a day in total ignorance? :D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 11:16:13 AM by Geirnils Kreiskin » Logged

Geirnils' CD

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Recent Posts
[March 19, 2020, 03:47:44 AM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:29 PM]

[July 23, 2019, 07:02:23 PM]

[August 01, 2018, 03:13:13 PM]

[June 19, 2018, 12:49:51 PM]

[April 28, 2018, 03:44:22 AM]

[April 13, 2018, 06:36:29 AM]

[April 10, 2018, 08:32:04 PM]