Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Sanguinary Block, Earth Magic, Level 1 (re-corrected)  (Read 8397 times)
Drasil Razorfang

Gained Aura: 47

View Profile
« on: 28 August 2006, 05:01:01 »

Corrections: Orange
2nd Corrections: Green

Sanguinary Block, Earth Magic, Level 1

Overview:

Sanguinary Block was developed as a basic healing method for even the most inept of Earth magi.  Unlike another magical healing spell, Burning Regeneration, Sanguinary Block slows down the blood pulsing through the wound causing it to clot, reducing blood loss as well as allowing the patient to survive wounds that  normally would be considered fatal instead of using it to speed up the body's healing process.

Spell Effect:

Sanguinary Block increases the influence of the earthen property of immobility and solidness on a normally fluid object, the blood of a person, causing a slowing process which reduces pressure over the wound while the solidness causes the blood to thicken until it forms a clot faster than can be naturally achieved by the human body and with less difficulty.  This result is accomplished by using Sphere One techniques, which, in turn makes the spell level extremely low.  The caster must simply make Earth more influential in the composition of the blood, causing its properites to be more heavily expressed, leading to the slowing and clotting effects of the spell.

It should be noted that, unlike the other mentioned healing spell, Burining Regeneration,, Sanguiary Block is insufficient to heal on its own.  This problem derives from the spell's Sphere One approach.  As most Magi know, Sphere One produces temporary effects by adjusting the infulence the element has over the target.  In Sanguinary Block, when the mage releases the spell, the clot formed is broken by the renewed flow of the blood through the body.  This unfortunate result is manifested because the “healing” powers of the incantation derive from the caster’s ability to slow down the flow of blood to the wound allowing for the injury to scab over with ease.  When the spell is released, the natural speed at which the heart pumps returns.  This renewed flow of blood across the wound causes it to burst through any coagulation formed unless a third party (such as a physician) intervenes.

Casting Procedure:

Because it is so simple, the casting procedure for Sanguinary Block is quite basic.  First the mage must achieve complete tranquility, clearing his mind completely so that he is focused solely on the target area and his magic.    Once this state of calm is reached, the mage must put his hand either over or upon the skin above the woundIf the caster has chosen to place his hands above the injured area, it is suggested that the mage presses firmly upon the hurt to control bleeding if their hands are sterile.  At this point the magus uses his magic to slow the blood.  Once a scab forms, the caster may begin administering bandages or stitching the wound if he has the skill.  If not he must simply remove any blood from his hands thoroughly and wait until further care arrives. 

Magical Formula:

Undefined

Target:

The target of this spell is obviously the blood of the wounded person or animal in the care of the mage. 

Reagents:

While none are necessary, some magi find that the use of dirt or stone helps them accomplish the incantation, however most mages use wet clay because of its semi-fluid form and high concentration of Earth ounía.  While casting the spell, the magus must hold the reagent between his palms representing the goal the caster wishes to achieve. 
Magical School:

Elemental Magic, Earth School

Spell Class:

Physical Representation of Sphere 1

Range:

Depending upon the level of the mage, the range at which he can cast the spell will vary.  While younger casters will need to be rather close to their target, magi who are experienced in casting the spell may only need to be within sight of their target.

Casting Time:

Level                   Time
1   4 mins
3                     3 mins
5                     2 mins
7                     30 blinks
9                       a few blinks
    11                      instantaneous

Duration:

Like most other Sphere One spells, Sanguinary Block has an indefinite duration as long as the mage maintains the casting.  While it is almost impossible for a mage to uphold the enchantment forever, most often they are able to hold it for a considerable length of time.

Enhancing/Countering:

Because of its low level and basic principles, magi find no need to enhance the effects of this spell.  However when able, a higher level sorcerer may use his magically inclined apprentices to assist in the basic maintenace of each of his spells so he is able to attend to more patients.  Usually, this does not occur because most apprentices would have the knowledge to cast it unaided.  It has also been found, spurisingly that by casting both Sanguiary Block and Burning Regeneration over the same target will negate the effects of the former. 

Countering of the spell, however is much easier as there is a plethora of ways to reverse its effects.  Anything that casues the mage to break concentration will instantly cause Sanguiary Block to fizzle.  Illusions using magic or physical injury are common ways in which an opponent can counter the spell as casting leaves the magus vulnerable.  Also, any spell that causes movement within the blood stream or negatively effects the solidness of the clot will cause bleeding to resume. 
« Last Edit: 18 September 2006, 03:16:31 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged
Baromosa

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2006, 05:14:00 »

interesting idea. it would be helpful to delay death until a doctor can take a look at it. i'm not very knowledgable of magic yet so i don't know wether it would be exceptable but it definatly has potential. good work.

I walk through the fire seeking answers, only to find new mysteries in the ashes.
Mina

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 August 2006, 18:09:47 »

Well, for once, the concept seems sound.  The name, on the other hand, I'm not so sure about.  Something about it just sounds strange to me. 

Anyway, some of the issues with this entry:
1. The language might need a bit of tweaking.  It sounds, well, a little modern-ish to me.  It also makes me wonder if you've been relying too much on a thesaurus. 
2. I suggest dropping the part about Spheres 2 and 3 being unsuitable for healing with Earth.  While they might not be able to achieve the same the same effects as the Sphere 1 spell (and I'm not really sure about this), I'm pretty sure they could achieve other effects that might aid healing.  It seems you had assumed that a mage could only target all the patient's blood, not just blood at a certain area.  I don't think this is true. 
3. I'm pretty sure that you cannot be maintaining more than 1 Sphere 1 spell at the same time. 
4. Why does the mage have to cover his hands in blood first, and wouldn't plunging his hands into the wound make it worse? 

In any case, this seems to be an improvement over your previous attempts at making a spell. 

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 29 August 2006, 23:53:03 »

NAME IDEAS

Sanguinary Damming  (note, not damning...) ;)

Sanguination

Bloodhalt

Woundblock

Healer's Blooddam

....or any combination of these concepts, for a more medieval flavour!

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Drasil Razorfang

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 August 2006, 02:33:36 »

@ Mina: 

1.  I shall go through and de-moderninize(?) the language if you feel that it does not fit the time period
2.   Will remove
3.   I thought that you could.  I seem to remember that in a discussion of another spell it was said that multiple castings could happen.  If not, then I can tweak it slightly so that it makes more sense.
4.   Yes plunging his hand into the wound would make it worse if his hands carried disease which is why I stated that he should only do so if his hands are sterile.  If they are, I was under the impression that the pressure would help to slow the wound as it slows blood flow(as seen in pressure points)

I do not have very much time ATM so I will correct these things over the course of the next few days.

@ Bard Judith: Thank you very much for the name ideas.  Your help is greatly appreciated

edit:  Corrected/-ing
« Last Edit: 30 August 2006, 09:18:48 by Drasil Razorfang » Logged
Marvin Cerambit
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 September 2006, 01:40:40 »

Overview:

Sanguinary Block was developed in response to the discovery of the fire spell Burning Regeneration and the wind spell Aura of Restoration
Sounds a bit strange. Why would they need a response to those spells? Couldn't they just have wanted a healing spell regardless what other spheres have come up with?

The caster must simply change the percentage at which Earth occurs until it overpowers the majority of the properties of the other three elements.
[...]
As most Magi know, Sphere One produces temporary effects by adjusting the ratios at which the caster’s element occurs.
No. You can only affect the 'percentage' of ounia with sphere III. Sphere I affects the amount of active/passive links between ounia.

In Sanguinary Block, when the mage releases the spell, the clot formed is broken by the renewed flow of the blood through the body.
Depends how sphere I is used. If you use it to form clots, then yes, they will fall apart again. If you use it to speed up the proces of forming clots, then stopping the spell will not affect those clots already formed (since all that happens is the clotting speed returning to normal).

And why does slower running blood clot faster? Wouldn't it be easier to affect the 'solidness' of earth and just speed up the clotting process?

Often for magi who are learning the incantation this can be a tedious task as the gruesome wounds of casualties recently healed are difficult to push from one’s mind.
I think that learning mages wouldn't see any gruesome wounds (as that would be work for more experienced healers). There wouldn't even be many gruesome wounds to begin with (no wars going on and all). The whole Casting Procedure looks a bit complicated to me as well. It's almost simpler to just apply bandages right away.

Because of Earth's property of immobility, the process of reverting back to its original state is not instantaneous for the body's blood flow even though the spell is Sphere One.
Being Earth has little to do with how fast a spell reverst again. It'll go just as fast as a Fire, Water or Wind spell. Casting multiple spells at the same time is nigh impossible. Perhaps a high level mage might be able to pull of two or three low level spells if he's really good and even then. However, casting the same spell on multiple people might be possible if it's done at the same time. You could target all members of the group instead of just a single person. Difficult and it'll probably be best that they don't move much while you're doing so, but not necessarily impossible.

Range:

Regardless of level, the magus must be quite close to the target if he wishes to successfully cast the spell.  Because the mage must dip his sterilized hands into the blood of his target, the farthest he is able to travel from the victim is an arm’s length or else the incantation will fizzle.
All spells can be done purely on willpower, so an experienced mage wouldn't need ot dip his hands in blood. And sterilizations is something rather recent and it's probably very difficult to sterilize hands decently (doctors wear gloves).
Mina

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 September 2006, 20:40:02 »

Marvin has commented, but I have some things to say about this myself, so I shall do a uri-check.  I also recommend that you not use a thesaurus too much for entry-writing, if that is indeed what you did for this one.  Often, the synonyms a thesaurus turns up all have specific contexts outside of which they don't make much sense if used. 

Anyway,
Plum = Comments
Yellow = Got this from a theasurus, eh? 

Overview:

Sanguinary Block was developed in response to the discovery of the fire spell Burning Regeneration and the wind spell Aura of Restoration as a new method of basic healing available even to the most inept of Earth Magi.  Like Marvin said, there's no reason to have to develop a spell 'in response' to that of the other elements.  It's not as if they are competing against each other, and anyway, most of these spells were probably created very long ago.  'Discovery' is probably also not an appropiate term here.  Spells are not discovered.  They are applications of techniques the magi have created.  Unlike the other two spells in this healing trinity, Sanguinary Block slows down the blood pulsing through the wound causing it to clot, reducing blood loss as well as allowing the patient to survive wounds that were normally considered fatal instead of using motion(as seen in Burning Regeneration and the even more difficult spell Aura of Restoration.) Burning Regeneration does not make use of motion.  It achieves healing by speeding up the body's natural healing process.  Aura of Restoration is even more problematic.  Arti still hasn't given a satisfactory explanation for how the spell works. 

Spell Effect:

Sanguinary Block uses the earthen property of immobility on a normally fluid object causing a slowing process which enables the wound to clot at a much quicker rate and with les difficulty.  I don't think slowing down the blood wll make it clot faster.  However, it will slow down the rate at which blood is being lost, which helps the patient to survive, I suppose.  The fact that Earth has to do with solidness probably also helps with clotting.  This result is accomplished by using Sphere One techniques, which, in turn makes the spell level extremely low.  The caster must simply change the percentage at which Earth occurs until it overpowers the majority of the properties of the other three elements.  Sphere I alters the amount of influence an element has over the target.  It does not have anything do with percentages or ratios of the element in the target. 

It should be noted that, unlike the other two spells in this troika of healing, this incantation is insufficient to heal on its own.  This enigma This word sounds odd here.  occurs because the spell uses a Sphere One approach.  As most Magi No need to capitalise this.  know, Sphere One produces temporary effects by adjusting the ratios at which the caster’s element occurs.  See above.  In Sanguinary Block, when the mage releases the spell, the clot formed is broken by the renewed flow of the blood through the body.  This unfortunate result is manifested because the “healing” powers of the incantation derive from the caster’s ability to slow down the flow of blood to the wound allowing for pathogens to scab over.  When the spell is released, the natural pressure at which the heart pumps blood across the wound This sounds a little odd too.  You might want to rephrase it.  causes it to burst through any coagulation formed unless a third party (such as a physician) intervenes.

Casting Procedure:

Because it is such a low level spell I advise against using terms like 'low level'; they don't really make sense from an in-world perspectve.  A term like 'simple' would work much better.  , the Casting procedure for Sanguinary Block is quite basic.  First the mage must achieve complete tranquility, clearing his mind completely so that he is focused solely on the target area and his magic.  Often for magi who are learning the incantation this can be a tedious task as the gruesome wounds of casualties recently healed are difficult to push from one’s mind.  Once this state of calm is reached, the mage must drench his hands in the target’s blood until it completely covers his palms.  Why drench his hand in blood?  This does not make sense.  It is suggested that the mage press firmly upon the hurt to control bleeding if their hands are sterile.  At this point the caster channels his magic through his arms into the blood on his hands No, no 'chanelling of magic.  Magic is a phenomenon, not some concrete thing that one can manipulate.  before plummeting it into the injury itself.  You know, this makes it sound like the mage is forcing his hand into the wound.  This is really bad if you want to heal it.  You're just going to make it much worse.  The mage must then quickly remove his bloodied hands from the patient while maintaining his concentration.  Once a scab forms, the caster no longer needs to devote his full attention towards the spell Not with a Sphere I spell.  and may begin administering bandages or stitching the wound if he has the skill.  If not he must simply remove the blood from his hands thoroughly and wait until further care arrives.  At higher level the mage may be able to maintain multiple spells at one point in time.

Magical Formula:

Undefined

Target:

The target of this spell is obviously the blood of the wounded person or animal in the care of the mage.  However, as a mage’s level increases he is able to maintain more spells at a given time.  Since a mage is not able to cast multiple spells at once, he must use a cycle method to achieve this exploit.  Because of Earth's property of immobility, the process of reverting back to its original state is not instantaneous for the body's blood flow even though the spell is Sphere One.  Once the mage has finished casting his spell, he must simply drop the incantation and proceed to his next.  Once he has completed his second enchantment, he most go back to the previous and tweak them slightly.  This cycling and slight manual adjustment of each patient's blood is what allows the caster to accomplish this normally impossible feat.  Nope.  I'm feeling lazy, so I'll just direct you to what Marvin said about it. 

Level              Number of Spells Active at Once
1   1
2   2
3   4
4   5
5   7
6   8
7   9
8   11
9   12
10   14
11   15
12   17

Reagents:

While none are necessary, some magi find that the use of dirt or stone helps them accomplish the incantation, however most mages use wet clay because of its semi-fluid form and high concentration of earth Earth (and Water too, for that matter) ounía.  While casting the spell, the magus must seize the reagent between his blood covered palms and gently place it atop the wound representing the goal the caster wishes to achieve.  Won't this carry a pretty great risk of infecting the wound?  Bad idea, I think.  As the blood begins to coagulate, if the spell is successful, the mage must hastily remove any remnants left behind by the consummation Erm, since we havn't really defined what reagents do, you might want to be more vague regarding what the reagent does and what happens to it.  Personally, I also doubt that spells will actually consume reagents.  of the reagent so that it is not trapped inside the body or infect the wound.

Magical School:

Elemental Earth, Physical Representation of Sphere 1

Spell Class:

Undefined

Range:

Regardless of level, the magus must be quite close to the target if he wishes to successfully cast the spell.  Because the mage must dip his sterilized hands into the blood of his target, the farthest he is able to travel from the victim is an arm’s length or else the incantation will fizzle.  *points to Marvin's comments*

Casting Time:

1   10 mins
3                     5 mins
5                     2 mins
7                     30 seconds

Duration:

Like most other Sphere One spells, Sanguinary Block has an indefinite duration as long as the mage maintain the casting.  While it is almost impossible for a mage to uphold the enchantment forever, most often they are able to hold it for a considerable length of time.

Enhancing/Countering:

To be added

Drasil Razorfang

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 September 2006, 00:08:02 »

I haven't had time to integrate any comments yet with school starting tommorow things at home have gotten really busy.  I will post when everything is ready.
Drasil Razorfang

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 September 2006, 02:42:44 »

I don't think slowing down the blood wll make it clot faster.  However, it will slow down the rate at which blood is being lost, which helps the patient to survive, I suppose.  The fact that Earth has to do with solidness probably also helps with clotting.

According to the first aid training I recieved through school and for work, one of the main reasons why wounds to arteries are so dangerous is because the constant pulse and fast movement of the blood negates any attempt made by the body to form a scab.  That is why it is recomended you put pressure above a wound, not only to control bleeding, but to slow blood flow, allowing the body to take care of the rest on its own(in most cases)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #9 on: 13 September 2006, 04:18:27 »

Ok, let's see what my apprentice has come up with here (adjustments in yellow). Basically a bunch of "slips of the pen" can be found in the text, so I mention these passages below:

- "that were normally considered fatal" - I'd say "that normally would be considered fatal"

- "Sanguinary Block uses the earthen property of immobility and solidness on a normally fluid object, the blood of a person, ..."

- "which reduces pressure over the wound and causing the blood to thicken until it forms a clot faster than can be naturally achieved by the human body"

- "It should be noted that, unlike the other mentioned healing spell, Burning Regeneration, ..." (I assume you mean that one, so let's mentiion it explicitly)

- "pathogens" Hmmm... Not sure if this is a term which would be known already in medieval socities... Maybe express that a bit more graphic, descriptive...

- "...it is suggested that the mage presses firmly upon the hurt to control bleeding..."

- "...where one would find many dead bodies..."

- "...as long as the mage maintains the casting..."

- "...to assist in the basic maintenance of each..."

- "...because most apprentices would have the knowledge to cast it unaided..."

-  "Anything that causes the mage to break concentration..."

The spell itself works nicely and is properly described in all existing sections, Drasil, so it's all perfectly fine with me and once the last adjustments as suggested above are done, it can go up on the site!  thumbup - Marked for integration! :D

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Drasil Razorfang

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 September 2006, 04:31:21 »

Thanks!  I am at school and have to catch a bus shortly so I will not be able to correct everything right away, btu i should be able to integrate these changes by the end of tonight.

Edit: I made all the corrections and I believe that it is ready to be added in the next update(whenever that may be  ;) )
« Last Edit: 13 September 2006, 09:35:04 by Drasil Razorfang » Logged
Mina

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 September 2006, 19:12:18 »

I know it's marked for integration already, but I hope I can still get some comments in. 

Overview:

Sanguinary Block was developed as a basic healing method for even the most inept of earth Earth magi.  Unlike its sister spell Burning Regeneration I suggest using a term other than 'sister spell' here, since that implies that the two spells are related somehow, when it really isn't the case.   , Sanguinary Block slows down the blood pulsing through the wound causing it to clot, reducing blood loss as well as allowing the patient to survive wounds that  normally would be considered fatal instead of using speed Burning Regeneration does not make use of 'speed', which isn't a Fire property anyway.  The word 'speed' as you are using it here can only be understood to mean how quickly something can move from one point to another.  It would be better to just say 'speed up the ody's natural healing process', which is what Burning Regeneration does.  to quicken the process.

Spell Effect:

Sanguinary Block uses increases the influence of the earthen property of immobility and solidness on a normally fluid object, the blood of a person, causing a slowing process which reduces pressure over the wound and causing the blood to thicken until it forms a clot faster than can be naturally achieved by the human body and with less difficulty.  With regard to your reply, I don't think the slowing of blood actually makes clots form faster.  Rather, it keeps the particles of the blood around for a longer time, allowing the chemical reactions that cause the clot to form more time to be completed.  Where blood is gushing out, there just isn't time for the reactions to complete before they are all washed out of the wound.  Of course, you mention solidness too, which would help clots to form faster.  This result is accomplished by using Sphere One techniques, which, in turn makes the spell level extremely low.  The caster must simply make Earth more influential in the composition of the blood, causing its properites to be more heavily expressed, leading to the slowing and clotting effects of the spell.

It should be noted that, unlike the other mentioned healing spell, Burining Regeneration, l, Some typos here.  this incantation No, I don't think 'incantation' is a valid synonym for the Ximaxian definition of the word 'spell'.  is insufficient to heal on its own.  This problem derives from the spell's Sphere One approach.  As most Magi know, Sphere One produces temporary effects by adjusting the ratios at which the caster’s element occurs.  I think you missed this part.  You should be talking about influence, not ratios.   In Sanguinary Block, when the mage releases the spell, the clot formed is broken by the renewed flow of the blood through the body.  This unfortunate result is manifested because the “healing” powers of the incantation derive from the caster’s ability to slow down the flow of blood to the wound allowing for the injury to scab over with ease.  When the spell is released, the natural speed at which the heart pumps blood across the wound Um, a rather odd choice of words here, I think.  I get that you mean the pressure exerted on the clot by blood flowing normally will cause the clot to break, but you probably have to rephrase it.  causes it to burst through any coagulation formed unless a third party (such as a physician) intervenes.
Casting Procedure:

Because it is so simple, the casting procedure for Sanguinary Block is quite basic.  First the mage must achieve complete tranquility, clearing his mind completely so that he is focused solely on the target area and his magic.  Often for magi who are learning the incantation this can be a tedious task as the gruesome wounds of casualties recently healed are difficult to push from one’s mind.  Okay, it seems I missed this one in my previous comments.  Basically, just see what Marvin had to say about it.  Once this state of calm is reached, the mage must put his hand either over or upon the skin above the wound.  If the caster has chosen to place his hands above the injured area, it is suggested that the mage presses firmly upon the hurt to control bleeding if their hands are sterile.  At this point the magus uses his magic to slow the blood.  Once a scab forms, the caster may begin administering bandages or stitching the wound if he has the skill.  If not he must simply remove any blood from his hands thoroughly and wait until further care arrives. 

Magical Formula:

Undefined

Target:

The target of this spell is obviously the blood of the wounded person or animal in the care of the mage.  Depending upon how close a physician is, this is a serious handicap to the mage I don't get this.  Why is having blood as the target make it a serious handicap?  , especially if, for some reason, he is in a battle or another location where one would find many dead bodies.

Reagents:

While none are necessary, some magi find that the use of dirt or stone helps them accomplish the incantation, however most mages use wet clay because of its semi-fluid form and high concentration of earth Earth ounía.  While casting the spell, the magus must seize The word 'seize' carries with it the connotation of snatching something.  I don't think it's really suitable here.  Something simple like 'hold' is enough.  the reagent between his palms and gingerly place it above the wound representing the goal the caster wishes to achieve.  This doesn't sound any different from placing it on the wound itself.  Perhaps the mage should simply keep the reagent in his hands instead?  As the blood begins to coagulate, if the spell is successful, the mage must hastily remove the reagent so that it is not trapped inside the body or infect the wound.

Magical School:

Elemental Earth, Physical Representation of Sphere 1

Spell Class:

Undefined Another thing I missed.  School should be 'Elemental Magic, Earth School'; spell class should be 'Physical Representation of Sphere I'. 

Range:

Depending upon the level of the mage, the range at which he can cast the spell will vary.  While younger casters will need to be rather close to their target, magi who are experienced in casting the spell may only need to be within sight of their target.

Casting Time:

1   10 mins
3                     5 mins 5 and 10 minutes seem a little too long, unless you're working on relatively minor wounds. 
5                     2 mins
7                     30 seconds This should be 'about half a minute'.  We use blinks instead of seconds, but do not have the ability to measure them so precisely. 

Duration:

Like most other Sphere One spells, Sanguinary Block has an indefinite duration as long as the mage maintains the casting.  While it is almost impossible for a mage to uphold the enchantment forever, most often they are able to hold it for a considerable length of time.

Enhancing/Countering:

Because of its low level and basic principles, magi find no need to enhance the effects of this spell.  However when able, a higher level sorcerer may use his magically inclined apprentices to assist in the basic maintenace of each of his spells so he is able to attend to more patients.  Usually, this does not occur because most apprentices would have the knowledge to cast it unaided.

Countering of the spell, however is much easier as there is a plethora of ways to reverse its effects.  Anything that casues the mage to break concentration will instantly cause Sanguiary Block to fizzle.  Illusions using magic or physical injury are common ways in which an opponent can counter the spell as casting leaves the magus vulnerable.  Also, any spell that causes movement within the blood stream or negatively effects the solidness of the clot will cause bleeding to resume.  It has also been found, spurisingly that by casting both Sanguiary Block and Burning Regeneration over the same target will negate the effects of the former.  See my comment above regarding 'speed'.  I think the two spells will complement each other, actually. 

Drasil Razorfang

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 September 2006, 23:52:06 »

Once again, I am at school, so I will encorperate your touchups when I return home. 
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #13 on: 16 September 2006, 16:54:22 »

Let me know when you're done with the final edits, Drasil, perhaps this one can still make it to this week's update! :)

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Drasil Razorfang

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17 September 2006, 12:06:19 »

I will try to get around to it early tommorow morning(Eastern USA time)  It should be ready for the update, depending upon when it is.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]