Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
Print
Author Topic: Reserving Santharian Resources  (Read 59662 times)
Lady Cherri

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 04 December 2006, 03:06:00 »

Okay, *duh Candi*

*Wanders off shaking her head wondering about her own level of idiocy*
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #16 on: 04 December 2006, 03:09:04 »

Yep, that's the best option - this way they surely won't miss your request :)

In order to specify what you want to see on the picture properly it is also suggested to answer the questions posed at the mentioned commissions page - you don't need to fill out the page, but can put the info just in a regular e-mail to the artist, but these specifications help a lot to draw what you're really looking for :D

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Grunok the Exile
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 19

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #17 on: 04 December 2006, 03:13:46 »

As mentioned in the submission, I'd like to reserve Quellion's #103 Fortress for my entry on Keep Mistrash.

Lady Cherri

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 December 2006, 13:36:38 »

Just to guesstimate, how long should I wait to hear from someone?  I mailed them over the weekend and haven't heard anything yet...and I still haven't seen anything regarding how to send my payment.  I will be using US currency, so MO or do you accept credit cards? grin
Mirmec Rethindor

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 December 2006, 13:44:19 »

i think you are to set it up with the individual person, i dont thnk they handle money through this site. It maybe your chosen artist has an indivdual website and you arrange matters through that? Have you tried a websearch on their name? Also if you look some of the art work is signed, you could look for that as well. I know many artists do not handle the ordering of their work directly but are many times under the cover of umbrella operations especially as regards to intenet sales. So if they have a website they probably have a paypal portal or other euro sales option.

But ia m not an authority, just offering hopefully helpful advice.

~~Voice of music's heart wrung from the wood.~~
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #20 on: 07 December 2006, 16:00:43 »

Paypal is usually easiest for the artists, I always did so so far with Paypal :) - And give them guys some time, they surely get back to you, I know that Faugar at the moment is a bit busy with his job, and Quellion just yesterday sent me a new version of the Santhtalk background, so he surely is alive and drawing, so I'm sure he'll get back to you soon :D

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Quellion
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 11

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 December 2006, 01:40:49 »

Hi Cherri, Artimidor pointed me to this thread. I received and answered your email three days ago, I have just resent it, check to see if it arrived now. I'm a bit busy right now too, but by the end of next week I would be ready to start with it. As for the payment, yep, PayPal is fine.
Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 January 2007, 01:36:37 »

I haven't given up on Quellion's Dagen the architect - my next entry (as soon as I am finished with the uri-check for decipher's masterwork and the two 80% complete entries I left to drown in the forums).

Actually the picture can go up a lot earlier than the person entry - with the Great Hummingbird (weird connection? better keep an eye on the Malisebird entry then ;) )

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10 February 2007, 03:49:44 »

Could I please reserve #2 - Corvus Corax by Sheil

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #24 on: 10 February 2007, 03:52:01 »

What are your plans for this picture? To what kind of entry do you want to add it, Deci?

Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10 February 2007, 03:56:22 »

Oh sorry... For the first witch queen of Marmarra-Eluda (I think I'll keep that name). Coren thought this picture would represents her temptation to the 'forbidden arts'.(Also there is the grey cloaked figure who appears suspicously like a 'fallen' white advisor). This doesn't make much sense without knowing the background info...

Basically for the Marmarra project I have planned after my masterwork

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #26 on: 10 February 2007, 04:02:16 »

Okeydokey, I'll reserve it then for you!

Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10 February 2007, 04:13:22 »

Can I be utterly ambitious and request another picture for an already completed entry? Linda Tso's #1 "Dusk Lights" could have been a painting I commissioned for Naezshan Zhun (the Zhunite desert) -

Quote from the Krath entry:
Beware: Naezshan Zhunith, the “Desert of Zhun” in the High Tongue of Aca-Santerra, was not always a desert! Until the Breaking (see history), the grassy lowlands of Nybelmarasa[3] as it was then called were perhaps the most fertile and versatile in the Empire. These scenic plains irrigated by so many meandering rivers, with the bright rays of a Zhunite sun sparkling off their waters, supported not only almost every crop known to the Krathaszar but primed the largest husbandry sector of the vast empire, flocks after flocks grazing on its lush pastures.

Nybelmarasa, as the only region not caged in by mountain ranges, served as Krath’s portal to foreign lands, hence the epithet “The Grand Gate”. There is also a less romantic story for how the expression came about: When the Empire expanded towards the north from Zhun, Nybelmarasa became the “Gate” through which the Krathamar expelled the tribal black orcs and human nomads to arid wastelands of Orcal and Vaenath respectively. The open plains were the ideal place to station and manoeuvre the Empire’s gargantuan army. Hundreds of outposts dotted Krath’s new borders, protecting them not only from Orcristh attacks in the west but the reckless assaults of Chyrakisth warbands and barbarian raids to the east; mighty citadels watched over his hidden treasures.

The most important land trade routes of the West once converged here. The Great Asaen Roads[4], the safest and by far the best tended highways in the Empire, had been built to facilitate this colossal passage of commerce. “The Courtyard of Nybelmar” saw the zenith of Krath architecture during the reign of Emperor Dearan Asaen. Even today, a lonely traveller trekking through Naezshan Zhunith, the barren desert which was once the breathtaking Nybelmarasa, may see the remnants of this august architecture: ruins of an ancient fantasy, which have like the ghosts of the ancient civilization withstood the passage of time unharmed but forgotten.

If one looks at the picture, one not only sees a fortress/citadel squatting in the middle of nowhere, as if the land around it had been gorged and removed by the gods themselves. Also the now diluted/shallow beds of what must have been great rivers can be seen all over the marvelous painting. To me this illustration creates the perfect setting for Nybelmara's story: A feeling of 'the golden days of the past' / 'the faded reflection of past glory' permeates the entrie picture. Further, the geography itself hints at a cataclysmic event in its creation (the Breaking!)

What do you think?

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #28 on: 10 February 2007, 04:17:19 »

I guess #13 - Soulfinder would also make a great Queprur picture. We can make her more ambivalent in her appearance, and the raven there is a typical symbol of death. As are the wings, as this hints to the Kiivosh (Gryph of Soulds), her mysterious messenger travelling between the worlds to bring the souls. This picture can easily be integrated at various entries dealing with death, like the Fall of Fá'áv'cál'âr myth and others. - What do you think?

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #29 on: 10 February 2007, 04:20:45 »

(Concerning Judy's proposals: Already made proposals will be taken into consideration, Coren.)

Concerning the Zhunite Desert: This can be arranged, but of course the picture will end up at the location part of the Zhunite men entry for now, so its use will be less effective as if we'd had an entry on the desert itself, where it could be placed on top.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]

[02 September 2016, 04:06:03]

[02 September 2016, 02:44:27]
Members
Total Members: 1040
Latest: leaftanya12
Stats
Total Posts: 144680
Total Topics: 11052
Online Today: 55
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 59
Total: 59

Last 10 Shouts:
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!
29 November 2016, 01:45:48
Hey all!
11 November 2016, 09:19:02
Calling all developers; come help me write the New-Santhala article ^^
15 September 2016, 02:24:10
Still no problems here, Erutan...
14 September 2016, 14:55:28
Still having trouble accessing the RPG side, anyone else? Or is it just me?
27 August 2016, 21:17:33
Short note: We had a bit of downtime Friday/Saturday night due to a server change. Site went online first, message boards took a while longer - now everything should be back to normal.