Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Team Project I: Operation "Two Sans Worth"  (Read 5619 times)
Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 47

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 21 December 2006, 02:21:56 »

While, I'm not gonna lie and say I will contribute alot to this project, I don't think a teamspeak idea would be good.
Faugar
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 108

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #16 on: 21 December 2006, 04:22:59 »

a mic shouldn't be more expensive then 3-4 euro (mine costed that much), so I don't think it will be a problem?
Bard Judith

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #17 on: 21 December 2006, 04:30:15 »

@ Faugar:  I've got a little mic/earphone combo and have been MEANING to get on skype for a while now.  Especially since I'm going overseas, I'd like to set up a connection for my mother and sister... so yeah, sometimes we just need a little push to get us going.  Thanks for 'pushing' the skype idea again.

@ Drasil:  This is a TEAM project.  If you don't want to be part of it, no one is going to ask you to be involved - especially if you have no particular interest in economics and pricing.  That as a given, is there really any need to keep making negative comments?     

@ Art:  is another forum section a workable idea just to keep everything together, even if it isn't structured exactly as I've suggested - or is it too much fuss to set up?

@ Everyone else who's interested - getcher bids in now to be part of this cool chance to set prices (and get a discount on your Shendarsilk, this week only, and we'll throw in a free tame kuatu if you buy now!)

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #18 on: 21 December 2006, 04:57:39 »

A new forum is no problem Judy, you can have even childforums etc.

I won't participate here apart from telling you which resources the Shendar have and similar things.
But I think especially this subject is very good for such a project, no big concepts, just a lot of WORK to get all things together. I think a single person could not do it or would need a lot of time. And after the tenth  list the fun might be gone as well.
« Last Edit: 21 December 2006, 05:00:17 by Talia Sturmwind » Logged

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #19 on: 21 December 2006, 04:58:15 »

I can imagine it working in an own Forum section called "Team Projects", but wouldn't make it that strict with a "signup list" as it probably came across, but perhaps wasn't really intended. We shouldn't put too many barriers between the developers and the project.

I can imagine it something like that:

Forum "Santharian Team Projects", two subforums, one called "Active Projects", the second "Completed Projects". The main Team Projects Forum would contain all threads dealing with the current project. Once that project is done, these threads would be moved to the "Completed Projects" and the "Active Projects" would be empty again. This way you always have those threads at hand, which are really of importance right now.

There could always be one (or more) project leader(s), who manage the project and hand out tasks for people to do, like collating info, writing a certain section of an entry etc. These project leaders could also be made Mods of that Forum for the time of the project, until the next project, where others manage things there. Unless you explicitly want to make everyone a Mod, but the Forum isn't really made for such a thing methinks (see Bellring Forum), here all members need to be manually made Mods, once a new one joins, this member needs to be added and can be easily forgotten etc. So it's not that practical to do that.

Sign up list: Ideally it shouldn't be much more than a compilation of what things the project leader has assigned certain people to do. Made sticky it then helps others to see who is working on what. No big procedure there necessary methinks, if the project leader has given his/her ok, he/she should add the person in, and that's it.

For each topic or part of the issue an own thread could be made, even the final entry itself could be posted in this Forum (and once ready be moved somewhere else).

Realtime discussions: Can't say that I'm a big fan of those. It is very difficult to get people at the same time from different time zones in front of the computer. Not everyone has a mic, there are certain technical difficulties -  and the efficiency with multiple communication partners is restricted. Personally I prefer the good old Forum, which has the advantage that you can think longer on what you want to put up, do your researches, and can read and post whenever you like or have time. But that's my personal preference, which I find much more convenient.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
so orril miesefer
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 0

Sky tower Apprentice.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 December 2006, 05:08:20 »

"Elven Magic", as far as I know, is not a commodity bought and sold in the markets, so it does not enter into this discussion at all.

lol Good one Judith, you made my day...

Now, I don't want a teamspeaking... because if I have poor English written, just think how bad my pronunciation is, aside, how would be awake at the 12 of clock with the speakers on while the entire family is sleeping... for me there's almost no way to do that, also I don't have a mic, and prices rise during this time...

Now, I'm doing my work right now, if there will be new forum, latter teamchat, or whatever, I prefer to have a basis before launching myself to the unknown, and I suggest, that whatever we are going to do is better to get started now, if not, its likely to die without ever happening.

What's my magic? is my treasure, What's my god? is my freedom, my law? the strenght and the wind, my mother country is the sky.--- So Orril, Sky Tower apprentice
Wanderer

Clueless

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21 December 2006, 05:46:54 »

Okay, the realtime communication might pose some issues :) Maybe that could be done just by the people willing \ able.
An iRC / MSN session might be a better option, at least for people not too far away timezone-wise

War doesn't determine who's right. Just who's left
Site wide search, Measures(Converter)
Development: Introduction
Want to roleplay?: RPG Forum, Character creation, FAQ, Restrictions
Bard Judith

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #22 on: 21 December 2006, 06:36:32 »

Art put it really well - 'a compilation'...    I certainly didn't mean my suggestions to sound as formal and regulated as it obviously came across - just looking for ways to simplify and tidy what might be a rather involved and sprawling project!

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #23 on: 21 December 2006, 07:10:10 »

Ok, I've made the Forum and subforums and moved 2 threads in here to give it a start. Judy at the moment has Mod rights.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Niccoli
Aspiring Member

Somewhere North of South

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 December 2006, 07:53:17 »

So, can i try managing, or listifying miscelanious?

"It's a poor atom blaster that doesn't point both ways."
-Salvor Hardin
so orril miesefer
Aspiring Member

Sky tower Apprentice.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21 December 2006, 11:02:41 »

What do you mean with Miselaneous? I've already placed my hands on the minerals and ores in general.

What's my magic? is my treasure, What's my god? is my freedom, my law? the strenght and the wind, my mother country is the sky.--- So Orril, Sky Tower apprentice
Bard Judith

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #26 on: 21 December 2006, 13:10:18 »

Yes, Orril, I've asked Niccoli to specify ('specify Miscellaneous'! Does that sound like an oxymoron or what? ) :)

Perhaps he's thinking of hair clips, or liqueurs, or wicker baskets - I don't know!  If he wants to do it, he'll have to come up with at least some categories.... 

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[Today at 16:17:36]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]

[02 September 2016, 04:06:03]

[02 September 2016, 02:44:27]
Members
Total Members: 1039
Latest: baracude
Stats
Total Posts: 144681
Total Topics: 11052
Online Today: 68
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 43
Total: 43

Last 10 Shouts:
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!
29 November 2016, 01:45:48
Hey all!
11 November 2016, 09:19:02
Calling all developers; come help me write the New-Santhala article ^^
15 September 2016, 02:24:10
Still no problems here, Erutan...
14 September 2016, 14:55:28
Still having trouble accessing the RPG side, anyone else? Or is it just me?
27 August 2016, 21:17:33
Short note: We had a bit of downtime Friday/Saturday night due to a server change. Site went online first, message boards took a while longer - now everything should be back to normal.