Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Manthria Master Plan Discussion  (Read 18684 times)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« on: 27 February 2007, 06:29:30 »

Post here all suggestions concerning what should be added to the Manthrian Master Plan (view it in detail here) that is currently in the works.
« Last Edit: 06 March 2007, 03:56:54 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Coren FrozenZephyr
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 157

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 05 March 2007, 03:05:53 »

Whew! You made quite a progress at the Manthrian Master Plan since I last visitied!

Should a 'who is working on what' post also be added? (and/or these could (also) be marked under each item)

"Everything should be as simple as possible and not simpler." Albert Einstein

"Is he allowed to do that?"
"I think that comes under the rule of Quia Ego Sic Dico."
"Yes, what does that mean?"
"'Because I say so', I think."
"That doesn't sound like much of a rule!"
"Actually, it's the only one he needs." (Making Money by Terry Pratchett)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 06 March 2007, 04:06:20 »

Well, I gave it a start, but the definition as well as the realization is meant as a team project and suggestions of what to add to the plan are welcomed and needed. Who is working on what will be added just like picture reservations at the pictures threads. I will use this plan myself to realize further bits of what we've defined here. I won't write any entries outside of these masterplans.

It is also encouraged to make other master plans to work through them. We want to give development a direction, so taking on the responsibility to define what we need is required first.

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Trelstahl
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2007, 06:39:35 »

Hi Arti,

I was looking through the Master Plan, and specifically the section on Places.  Only by poking around was I able to learn that Judy is planning on writing the entry for the city called Klinsor, for example.  It would be really useful to stick a name with each of these places (I think Grunok is listed beneath Chrondra, which is very useful) to help us figure out who is doing what, and what is actually available to do.

For instance, could I start putting the entry together for Kor Mithrid, or does someone else have plans to do it?

Trel.

Last edit - err... looks like Kor Mithrid is in the works as well.

« Last Edit: 12 March 2007, 06:44:26 by Trelstahl » Logged
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2007, 07:32:03 »

I'm not aware that Kor Mithrid is actually in the works - where did you read that? It could be that Judy wanted to do the entry, but nothing's been decided for sure yet as far as I know. - Judy?

There would also be another larger dwarven settlement in that region, that could be worked on: Tyr Ethran. At any rate: If you do a dwarven entry, Trelstahl, make sure to read up on various dwarf stuff - Judy has written great entries on their culture! For example there's also an entry on a dwarven town, Een Puvtyr. I personally think it would be great to get another dwarven place on the site!

P.S. There might have been other plans of people doing specific entries, but this was surely before the master plan definitions, and quite a while ago. So important is what we decide now, and these things will be reserved in the thread.
« Last Edit: 12 March 2007, 07:34:12 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

Takór Salenár
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2007, 08:20:03 »

Well, where is this old reserving (resources) places thread we had once?

{I saw as well - what irritated me a bit - that you took the places proposals out of the main forum about proposals . Do you want to have the proposal threads taken out and into the special forums? (the cosmology thread into the cosmology forum? e.g. )}

I won't be able to do it soon, but I would like to reserve Thunderclaim Castle and Griffin's Marl for me as the seat of the former Darian king/leader and for its importance to form the province Truban. I think it is not Manthria anyway, according to the maps (provinces and dutchies)

When we started to rewrite the Avennorian tribe entry I asked you, if I could do clothes, (and you agreed).
Trelstahl
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 March 2007, 09:10:03 »

Hi Art,

sorry  I looked back at the conversation that mentioned Kor Mithrid.  It was between Judy, Thuja and someone named Palcadon and took place back in 2002.  Probably a little dated.  The conversation is below:

http://www.santharia.com/dev/index.php?topic=9173.msg102534#msg102534

This entry is very important and given my lack of experience here, Judy would be the most appropriate person to write this entry.  If Judy doesn't have plans to work on this and is willing to defer it to another, I would be happy to reserve it.

Trel.
Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 12 March 2007, 21:11:40 »

I don't currently have plans to work on Kor Mithrid!   I do need to be involved in any development of it, but that can be a back-and-forth sort of discussion.  At the moment I'm still getting settled in (in Korea, teaching ESL at a major university, with my family) and transferring files (just got my brandnew computer yesterday and am piggybacking on someone else's wireless service....) so not a lot of time yet to spare for developing.

If other senior developers agree that a place entry of this magnitude can be put up for grabs by a newcomer, I'm happy to have someone else work on it.  Based solely on the courteous and careful phrasing of your posts above, I don't feel any trepidation allowing Kor Mithrid into your hands... (grin) just do the research and read up on all the extant references in the Compendium first!  Then post an outline of your concepts, and I'll be happy to look it over and comment and brainstorm with you.     

Again, that's if no one else has any difficulty with that.  I'd personally love to have a reliable person come join me in the Belowsurface world of the Mitharim! 

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 13 March 2007, 03:54:13 »

I guess you showed that you can do your homeworks with your first entry, Trelstahl, and I also notice that you looked to find stuff on Kor Mithrid here on the Forum as you found Judy's reservation. While that reservation was somewhat outdated, it demonstrates that you try to do your things thoroughly :)

Places entries, as Judy says, of course in general are more complex than other entries. You need to know about the dwarven race, that specific tribes and the surroundings and perhaps a bit of history - which is more demanding than describing a plant or a beast for example. So you'd need to stick with it a while to get it done, but such entries are what really helps the project a good step forward. I'm sure we can help out as well here and there if you need help. But yep, from my side I would say: Just give it a try - with a bit of dedication to that idea we can do it together :)

Arceon Barrurbeleth
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 March 2007, 04:21:18 »

Could I have a try at the current Thane of Manthria?

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 13 March 2007, 04:31:06 »

Quite an interesting undertaking, Arceon... But why not? I'd like to see some progress in the master plan fields. Don't know what you'll make of our Thane, but just make sure to give him a typical Avennorian name and some stuff to do. Not every currently living Thane needs to be an absolute celebrity and worshipped by the commoners - so just write what you have in mind for this guy/gal, and we'll see :)

@Takór: Ooops... Missed your question methinks. Avennorian Clothing: Yeah, I'll reserve that for you, okeydokey? - Places will be resereved as soon as mini-descriptions are available.

Proposal threads: Yes, I'd like to keep Places in the Places Forum. I would in general try to reduce the amount of Forums, so that we don't have too many and get lost in them. Like the Continents Forums, the Requests, Workshop, Organizational stuff etc. many of these things could be harboured in single Forums or in subforums. The more Forums we get the less certain parts are used. That is not good. So as a first step (so far) I kept the Places proposals at the Places Forum.
« Last Edit: 13 March 2007, 04:37:55 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

Bard Judith
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 365

Dwarvenmistress

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 05 April 2007, 23:03:18 »

Seems this list (see below) drowned in the Forum depths or the switchover.   We agreed that the current thaneship was held by our Duke Swanhild.... has Arceon started on that entry yet?

Perhaps, Art, you could move this table (sorry that I can't figure out how to put it in proper table format) to the Politics section of the Manthrian Master Plan?  Progress!  And a spot to add pictures!   We even have a place already for one of Faugar's pictures which I reserved AGES ago...(grins)   Obviously some of the names may have to be altered now that we are working on specific 'dialects' for the different regions.   You and I will have to talk about that!

---------------------------------------------------------

List of Current Rulers and Title Holders in the Kingdom of Santharia

MANTHRIA – Thane Swanhild, ruling from Marcogg

Duchy   Title & Name   Short Biography

Duchy of Marcogg   Duke Swanhild   The largest and arguably wealthiest of the Duchies, it stretches from Grensa Post in the north to the western coast and down to the Mashdai river, including the city of Marcogg and the great range of the Mithral Mountains.  Duke Swanhild, a taciturn urbanite, (see the Marcogg entry for more information)  relies a great deal upon his subholders and Graves to provide information and keep the trade routes open.

Duchy of Twynor  - Duke Jhondath Meyhan

"In this illustration Duke Jhondath is sitting in session to hear some local disputes between farmers as to where the boundary lines of their fields are... behind him we see construction proceeding on the new town hall....” (Faugar #4).  He is simply dressed, as is his wont, and spends a great deal of social as well as administrative time with his Graves and smaller landholders, taking his duties regarding the fertile farmlands of Twynor quite seriously.

Duchy of Tolonia - Duchess Sarissa Truefaith   

A lean woman of about forty-five, Duchess Sarissa has never wed, and is said to be a devotee of the little-known elven goddess Ava.  Her lands are on the western coast, overlooking the Gulf of Maraya.  She holds the small and rather bleak Heath of Tolonia without Grave assistance; rather, her few barons report directly to her regarding clay mining and brick production, the duchy’s main source of income.

Duchy of Caeytharia - Duke Harald Gryndiffyr   

Duke Harald is a wealthy man and favors silvery silks which set off his extensive collection of pearl jewelry rather well.  If they seem incongruous on his two-ped tall, burly frame, you are welcome to chuckle; the Duke has an easy laugh and self-deprecating humour that belies the tight grip he has over his prosperous duchy. He is a direct descendent of the early Avennorians who first developed the pearl farms and fisheries along the coast near Ciosa. 

Duchy of Huiscen - Duchess Alana Rittmark   

Huiscen’s grassy plains and grazing lands are well-watched by Duchess Alana, a strongly-built blonde woman who spends most of her time a-horse.  The Rittmark family is new to the nobility, as many a sly court lady of Santhala has noted, but it cannot be gainsaid that Huiscen prospers under her earthy guidance.

Duchy of Margulf - Duke Pelenni Margulf   

This duchy was given to the Margulf family for some great deed of assistance to the Crown in the past and has been held by them since time out of mind ever since.  The salt-washed strip of clay and rock coast along the Gulf of Maraya, hemmed in by the Auturian Woods, holds little attraction for Duke Pelenni, an urbane socialite who spends most of his time in the capital.  He has been heard to jest, not without some bitterness, that the duchy of Margulf is a family curse, rather than an inheritance. 

Auturian Stý'cál   The Auturian Woods   The Elven Wood demesnes are not subject to human rule. 

"Give me a land of boughs in leaf /  a land of trees that stand; / where trees are fallen there is grief; /  I love no leafless land."   --A.E. Housman

Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #12 on: 21 April 2007, 02:22:37 »

And before I forget it: I'd like to reserve the entry on Ciosa's Rest (Deep Julin Barrows), which should become a crystal cave of enormous proportions below Mount Evermourn. May last a while until I can get to that one properly, but this seems ot be a fascinating entry for my and a fabulous attraction in general in that region one shouldn't miss.

Drúadan
Aspiring Member

Yeah...No

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 April 2007, 06:21:38 »

I guess I might as well do the small part I can to help the master plan along...

Can I reserve the Tethinrhim Ria Entry? I'm hoping to do all the Tethinrhim rewrites in the long run, after this doing the woods, and then maybe the tribe itself, but we shall see. Anyway, assuming it's okay with Artimidor I'm gonna get started ASAP.

And thats enough projects for me for now... Time to make a dev schedule. grin

Then take me disappearin' through the smoke rings of my mind,
Down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves,
The haunted, frightened trees, out to the windy beach,
Far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free,
Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands,
With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves,
Let me forget about today until tomorrow.

-Bob Dylan "Mr. Tambourine Man"
Drasil Razorfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 47

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 April 2007, 06:30:55 »

Umm Dru, as shown recently in the races forum, tribe entries and revisions and such can only be done by members.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]

[02 September 2016, 04:06:03]

[02 September 2016, 02:44:27]
Members
Total Members: 1038
Latest: kenn3th40
Stats
Total Posts: 144680
Total Topics: 11052
Online Today: 60
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 64
Total: 64

Last 10 Shouts:
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!
29 November 2016, 01:45:48
Hey all!
11 November 2016, 09:19:02
Calling all developers; come help me write the New-Santhala article ^^
15 September 2016, 02:24:10
Still no problems here, Erutan...
14 September 2016, 14:55:28
Still having trouble accessing the RPG side, anyone else? Or is it just me?
27 August 2016, 21:17:33
Short note: We had a bit of downtime Friday/Saturday night due to a server change. Site went online first, message boards took a while longer - now everything should be back to normal.