Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Telepathy  (Read 3559 times)
Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 16 August 2007, 13:50:23 »

Level 3

The Telepathy spell is very useful when it comes to communicating over great distance or a secret message must be sent. However the spell is not limited to communicating with one another but once the spell is put to use, the anything that the mage is thinking can will also be heard by his or her target and vice versa making it useful when getting information out of someone. A fair warning to those who wish to use such spell, The spell works both way and anything that you are thinking can be heard or seen by everyone in their mind who was enchanted by such spell.

It is also used to talk to animals. Even though a mage does not know the language of a particular animal, he may communicated with them by sending images or thoughts directly to the animal or the animal itself may want to say something to the caster and may do so by doing same.

Some says it can be also used with plants. A mage cannot communicate with it but would feel what the plant is feeling or get images of its past.

Spell Effect
This spell can connect two minds so that the mage and his target/s can peek into each others mind or communicate to each other without fearing spies that might hear their conversation. It is mostly used during secret council or meetings.

Casting Procedure:
The mage that will cast the spell must be relaxed and free from distraction. The xeua mage must create a link from his mind to his target while uttering the formula in his head over and over again until the spell is finished.

After the link has been created, the mage must now strenghten those links so thoughts may pass through them. The target should be able to feel something strange or hear a faint voice in his head (usually the voice of the caster uttering the formula) getting louder as the mage strenghten the link.

It will be easy for the caster to cast the spell if he and his target is facing one another. But it will be easier if all the targets, including the caster, are holding each other's hand

Magical Formula: Still to be defined

Target: Any living creature, even plants (accodring to some mages). The more powerful the caster, the more target he or she can connect to.

Reagents: None

Magical School: Xeua

Spell Class: Construction Magic

Range: As the level of the mage goes higher so does the range of the spell:

Level 3-4: At this level the spell is almost useless. The target must not be one ped away from the caster.
Level 5-6: At this level, the caster's target must not be more than 11 peds away.
level 7-8: At this level, the caster's target must not be more than 50 peds away
level 9-10: At this level, the caster's target must not be more than 1 stral away.
level 11-12: At this level, the caster's range can cover half of a continent.

The range given above doesnt meant that the spell wont work when it is mroe than the measurement above. The spell gets weaker as you go beyond the measurement and the voice of the caster or the target will become fainter as the target moves away from the caster or vice versa.

Casting Time:
Level 3-4: It takes a few minutes and a few more if the targert is moving.
Level 5-6: It takes about a minute and a few minutes if the target is moving.
Level 7-11: It takes a few blinks before the spell is finished and a few more blinks if the target is moving.
Level 12: The effect is almost instant regardless wether the target is moving or not.

Duration:
The spell requires the caster to maintain the link thus when the caster stops maintaining it, the link will slowly vanish.

At level 3-4 the links vanish instantly when the caster stops the spell.
At level 5-6 the links last for a minute before the links dissappear completely.
At level 7-8 the links last for an hour before completely vanishing.
At level 9-11 the links last for about a day before completely vanishing.
At level 12 the links last for more than a week before it completey vanish.

Counter Measures/Enhancing Measures:

The spell can be enhanced by adding more casters creating additional links.

One way of countering the spell by mundane means is to disturb the caster but the links will not exactly vanish instantly (refer to the duration section above).  Another way is that if a spy is also a xeua mage capable of casting the same spell, may connect his mind to the caster thus including himself in the conversation but his thoughts will also be included in the conversation making it impractical. Another way is that if a ecua is present, he may destroy the links thus ending the spell.
« Last Edit: 16 August 2007, 17:03:40 by Shansi » Logged

I was known as Shansi before :)
My Development Schedule
Mina

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2007, 17:54:26 »

I don't think we are accepting Xeua and Ecua spells at the moment.  

There was a bit of talk some time back about the Xeua and Ecua schools possibly not having spells as such.  This is actually fairly likely to be the case.  What constitutes a spell is actually relatively arbitrary.  Magical effects are really all variations of a few basic techniques.  So, while grouping effects into spells might be helpful initially, at the highest levels (which includes all of Xeua and Ecua - remember, one must master an element before learning Xeua or Ecua magic), it's not really very useful or helpful anymore.  

Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2007, 18:41:54 »

Mina I dont really get what you mean. (sorry) I dont understand after the sentence that you are not accepting xeua and ecua.
Can you please elaborate?

My Development Schedule
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 August 2007, 18:46:53 »

I think she may of meant:

'Spells are collections of similar effects, though they all spring from the same technique. There by, Xeua and Ecua magic don't really have spells at higher levels, as higher level Xeua and Ecua magic is purely advanced manipulation of a technique'

THEN AGAIN- I known zero about Ximaxian magic, so I am most likely to be embarassingly wrong...

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 August 2007, 18:49:05 »

Bad news for me! I have many spells to write in xeua and ecua :(
But question out of the topic: How about clerical spells?

My Development Schedule
Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 August 2007, 18:51:47 »

So I guess this one is rejected  cry

Okay now lets go focus on wind spells!

My Development Schedule
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 August 2007, 18:52:26 »

Clerical spells? I thought clerical magic was effects achieved through prayer and/or belief in a diety...

Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 August 2007, 18:54:06 »

OKay then... but are they allowed to be developed (not the clerical magic but the spells in it)

Next time I'll ask before writing!

My Development Schedule
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 16 August 2007, 19:08:55 »

No, there are no clerical spells at all (the one on the site will be removed) , as Deci said, clerics act through prayers, not spells and achieve their goal in a very different way than the ximaxian mages.

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Mina

Gained Aura: 63

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 August 2007, 19:12:58 »

'Spells are collections of similar effects, though they all spring from the same technique. There by, Xeua and Ecua magic don't really have spells at higher levels, as higher level Xeua and Ecua magic is purely advanced manipulation of a technique'
Yeah, something like that, Deci.  Except that that's true for all types of magic, not just Xeua and Ecua.  Grouping similar effects together as a 'spell' just makes things a lot easier for beginners.  But by the time you get to Xeua or Ecua or the highest levels of elemental magic, such simplification isn't needed or particularly helpful anymore. 

And I don't think we currently have a definition for what constitutes a spell and what's just a variation of a spell. 

Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 August 2007, 00:07:27 »

Is that because all magic springs from the fundamental manipulation of Carall, and spells are a way to explain how to achieve certain affects through said-manipulation?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]