Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Cold Breath (level 2 spell)  (Read 8344 times)
Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 16 August 2007, 19:17:01 »

Water Spells: Cold Breath (Level II)

Cold breath is the cousin of the spell, "Ice Touch". Ice Touch requires the caster to touch their target at low level, while this spell simply requires the caster to be near the target.

Spell Effect:
The name of the spell says it all. The purpose of Cold Breath is to blow cold air that could chill or even cover the target with ice, if enough effort is exerted by the mage. There are many uses for this spell, such as cooling a hot drink or relieving oneself from the heat of summer.

The mage utilizes Sphere I to increase the influence of the Water ounía in the air inside his mouth. The mage additionally taps into the coldness property of the Water ounía.

The intended spell effect is entirely controllable by the mage. He can cause a breeze of cold air or breaths that can cover their target with ice.

Casting Procedure:
The caster inhales a gulp of air and holds it inside his mouth. He then concentrates on increasing the influence of the Water ounía in the air inside his mouth. Then he must make the Water ounía express its cold property more strongly.  Next is that he must blow the air out in the preferred direction. The effect may vary according to the power exerted by the mage, between causing the target to be covered with ice or to just feel chilled.

Magical Formula: To be defined at a later date.

Focus/Target: The focus of this spell is the air contained within the mage's mouth. Once the spell effect has been achieved, the mage may blow the breath in any direction he chooses.

Reagents: For beginners, it is recommended to eat or chew ice to help them concentrate.

Magical School: Elemental Magic, Water School.

Spell Class: Transformation, Physical Representation of Sphere I.

Range: The range may vary from mage to mage. It all depends on how far the blow of the caster reaches.

Casting Time: It can be done in a few blinks, but the spell is generally more powerful the longer the caster concentrates on increasing the coldness property of the Water ounía in his mouth. The mage should be careful because the air inside his mouth will also get colder and might damage his mouth if he loses concentration and fizzles.

Duration: The duration of the spell depends on how long the caster blows.

Counter Measures:

A fire mage could easily counter this spell by increasing the influence of the Fire ounía in the air around them to increase the temperature and make the place hotter.

A non-mage can counter this spell by forcing the mage to lose concentration and fizzle, thus releasing the air inside his mouth.

« Last Edit: 01 September 2007, 16:08:54 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

I was known as Shansi before :)
My Development Schedule
Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2007, 19:33:22 »

made this spell under 15 minutes so there might be a lot of mistake

My Development Schedule
Decipher Ziron
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 55

General Genius of Remarkable Modesty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 August 2007, 00:09:44 »

Perhaps it would be better to take longer to avoid mistakes then?

Laugh ,and the World Laughs with you.

Weep, and you weep alone.
Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 August 2007, 00:42:54 »

yeah I guess.... But can you point out any mistakes that I have made if you have seen any?

My Development Schedule
Fox

Gained Aura: 48

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 August 2007, 18:23:13 »

This is actually a very interesting idea. All the movement related to the spell is done physically so it technically isn't a Sphere II spell.

An enhancing measure would be for higher level mages to use Sphere II techniques to magically push the water ounia further, allowing the 'blow' to reach a greater distances than the caster's natural breath could reach.

Water on the target wouldn't really enhance the spell unless the caster also concentrated on influencing the coldness property of the water ounia present on the target (though there might be some very slight extra effect just from the natural cooling of the water on the target from the breath, but not enough to warrant being described as an enhancing measure).

Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 August 2007, 18:26:24 »

Good point. OKay then! I will edit as soon as I can! (which would be now coz theres a typhoon outside of the house and I have lots of free time! :) )

My Development Schedule
Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 August 2007, 18:43:52 »

I have edited it Fox!
What do you think?

My Development Schedule
Fox

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 August 2007, 19:05:46 »

Good.

I think the spell effect could use a bit more description to it, if possible. The casting procedure seems to indicate most of the inner process of the spell though so I'm not too sure what more you could add to the spell effect.
Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 August 2007, 19:43:36 »

Than you for your compliment (to my spell) fox! cry   :D

I would try to expand the spell effect is possible. I am waiting for this spell to be approved because I got lots  of idea. Also how would I know when my spell is approved and when it is approved I should change the icon for the thread right?

My Development Schedule
Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 August 2007, 19:50:18 »

That's all the effect I could think of since the effect is very simple. So how would I know if I should change the icon of my thread?

My Development Schedule
Fox

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 August 2007, 15:12:38 »

The spell effect still isn't detailed enough. The effect is where the meat of the spell is supposed to be described. Describe exactly what happens to cause the spell to do as it does. How Sphere I causes the water ounia to increase and activate their coldness property, how damaging the effect can be, how long in general the distance is, and so on. The spell effect should take what the Overview says and then give the technical details. The casting procedure then describes the methods the mage uses to achieve those technical details. Your spell effect essentially is currently only a second Overview.

You state that a fire mage can easily counter this spell--describe how they manage this. Counters by the way should be original things that someone can use to reverse or otherwise invalidate the effect of the spell, not ways of avoiding the spell's effect (a fire mage blowing heated air in the direction of the air from the water mage is a counter. Stepping out of the way or holding up a shield is not a counter).

In regards to icon: Only the moderators or Arti change icons to indicate an entry is 'moving up'. The only two icons that the entry poster worries about are the pencil (indicating you're still working on the entry) and the exclamation mark (meaning you've finished the entry and are now accepting comments), everything else is the moderator/admins' job (except for maybe the question mark if you have a specific question).

Note though, I do really like the idea of this spell, just work on the stuff I've mentioned and it'll be fine.  thumbup
« Last Edit: 18 August 2007, 15:23:27 by Fox » Logged
Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 August 2007, 15:16:53 »

Thank You Fox.... I will edit the details as soon as possible...

My Development Schedule
Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 August 2007, 15:54:09 »

Done! I have edited the spell effect and the counter measures of the spell...

My Development Schedule
Fox

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 August 2007, 17:04:43 »

Alright then. Going to go through this and give it a Uri-check for spelling and grammar, and general sentence structure, then.

Water Spells: Cold Breath (Level II)

Cold breath is the cousin of the spell, "Ice Touch". Ice Touch requires the caster to touch their target at low level, while this spell simply requires the caster to be nearby the target.

Spell Effect.
The name of the spell says it all. The purpose of Cold Breath is to blow cold air that could chill or even freeze the target, if enough effort is exerted by the mage. There are many uses for this spell, such as cooling a hot drink, relieving oneself from the heat of summer or to stop an opponent from moving.

The mage utilizes Sphere I to increase the influence of the water ounía in the air inside his mouth. The mage additionally taps into the coldness property of the water ounía.

Sphere II can be used as well to increase the effect of the spell, but is optional. When a mage uses Sphere II for this spell, he is able to move the water ounía to reach further and wider than the mage's physical breath could naturally reach

The intended spell effect is entirely controllable by the mage. He can cause a breeze of cold air or breaths that can cover their target with ice. If the mage utilizes Sphere II additionally here, he may condense the water ounía into small ice shards which might be capable of piercing the target's skin.

Casting Procedure.
For beginners, it is recommended to eat or chew ice to help them concentrate. The caster then inhales a gulp of air and holds it inside his mouth as he concentrates on increasing the effect of the coldness property of the individual water ounia. He then must blow the air out in the preferred direction. The effect may vary according to the power exerted by the mage, between causing the target to be covered with ice or to just feel chilled.

Magical Formula. To be defined at a later date.

Focus/Target. The focus of this spell is the air contained within the mage's mouth. Once the spell effect has been achieved, the mage may blow the breath in any direction he chooses.

Reagents. Ice is the most common reagent used for this spell.

Magical School. Elemental Magic, Water School.

Spell Class. Transformation, Physical Representation of Sphere I.

Range. The range may vary from mage to mage. It all depends on how far the blow of the caster reaches. The range may be magically enhanced through utilizing Sphere II.

Casting Time. It can be done in a few blinks, but the spell is generally more powerful the longer the caster concentrates on increasing the coldness property of the water ounía in his mouth. The mage should be careful because the air inside his mouth will also get colder and might damage his mouth if he loses concentration and fizzles.

Duration. The duration of the spell depends on how long the caster blows.

Counter Measures/Enhancing Measures.
The water mage may use Sphere II to move the water ounía further and wider than the normal reach of his breath, increasing the scope of the spell.

In addition, the mage can condense the spell's effect through utilizing Sphere II, creating small ice shards or a denser burst of air.

A fire mage could easily counter this spell by increasing the fire ounía in the air around them to increase the temperature and make the place hotter.

A non-mage can counter this spell by forcing the mage to lose concentration and fizzle, thus releasing the air inside his mouth.
Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18 August 2007, 17:24:43 »

Done! I haeve edited and studied the changes!

My Development Schedule
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]