Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Insomnia  (Read 2654 times)
Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

Gained Aura: 0

View Profile
« on: 26 August 2007, 23:58:18 »

Insomnia is not a rare disease and most people suffer this but doesn't even notice it. Most insomniacs complains on not being able to sleep or stay asleep. It is not a deadly disease as long as it won't last for a long period of time.

Symptoms:
The common symptoms of an insomniac are:
  • Having trouble getting to sleep
  • Wakes up in early in the morning and have trouble getting back to sleep

Effects:
Insomnia is not a deadly disease as long as it won't last for a "long" period of time. The patient will have trouble sleeping or staying asleep for a couple of days or possibly weeks.

The result of this sleep deprivation is loss of energy that is needed in the morning and because of this, an insomniac frequently takes short naps during the day. The patient might not be able to concentrate during the day when he or she was not able to sleep or get enough sleep the night before.

Concentration is also affected and those who suffer from insomnia might not be able to do anything productive during the day because of a mind that longs for sleep.

Cure:
  • A wind mage might be able to make the patient go to sleep by increasing the influence of the Wind ounía in the patient's car'all to induce calmness.
  • The Juk'lan shrub can be used to cure disease by drying and steeping the leaves in hot water, much as cha is made. It is often combined with waterberry juice.
  • People say that meditating temporarily cures this disease.

Prevention:
Stress and emotion are that causes of this disease. Relaxing once in a while will help prevent this disease. Also avoiding anything that may cause great anxiety, fear, or stress may help prevent this disease.

Cause:

Ximax
Mages of Ximax believes that this disease is caused by the disturbance of the inlufence of the Wind ounía in the car'all of the patient.  Wind ounía's property of calmness is also affected. Ximax concludred this after studying a number of people who are suffering this disease and they found out that these people cannot relax or usually in a state of panic, fear, depression, great stress, or in excitement.

Ximax believes that these are the causes of the disturbance in Wind ounía's influence in the Car'all of an Insomniac:
  • Anxiety
  • Fear
  • Stress
  • Depression
  • Frequent nightmares that may cause the fear of going to sleep
  • A very active mind

Endemic:
Insomnia is quite common on Humans and quite rare for the Elves since the Elves do things slowly thus they do not feel great pressure when doing something. It is very common among people who are under great pressure in their jobs, such as a political leader. Traveling merchants are also very prone to this disease because of the fear of thieves around that may steal their goods.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ready for comments

« Last Edit: 29 August 2007, 19:50:02 by Helvíl Ypherén » Logged

I was known as Shansi before :)
My Development Schedule
Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 27 August 2007, 00:03:18 »

Ready for comments!

My Development Schedule
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 27 August 2007, 02:13:33 »

Helvil, just a quick general note and let me be frank:  Your submission looks like a modern expert of a biology or medicine book but has not a grain of medieval flavour (and is therefore boring to read) . There surely were people who suffered from insomnia, but they  did not dissect it so clearly, that it derives from....

You need to think yourself into this age, try to pretend to be such a man and then start to write. Bring examples. Maybe you should start to read medieval text - and then come back and tell us more about insomnia, in a much more flavourful way.

Look after your grammar AND avoid repetition, even if it is problematic. You have used the words insomniac, etc much too often!

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 August 2007, 02:15:16 »

Thanks Talia.... Would work on it as soon as possible...

No offense taken... Everybody thinks I am very boring.....

My Development Schedule
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 27 August 2007, 02:19:42 »

Don't worry about being boring, everybody can improve. :)

My first submissions weren't this exiting either. ;)

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 August 2007, 02:22:21 »

Hmmm... Not wanting to put demons on spirit on this but I'll put more magic... especially with wind ounia :)

My Development Schedule
Santh. Member

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 27 August 2007, 05:28:29 »

Don't forget to colour your changes. I can't comment on magical things .

Helvíl Ypherén
Aspiring Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 August 2007, 19:51:42 »

I have tone down the scientifc stuffs and put the Ximaxian mages on research and the concluded thngs. :)

My Development Schedule
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[27 March 2019, 00:01:57]

[21 June 2018, 14:28:00]

[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]