Welcome Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

gfxgfx Home Forum Help Search Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31
Print
Author Topic: Santhworld - The Mysteries of Nepris Project  (Read 145214 times)
Ta`lia of the Seven Jewels
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 143

Shendar, Shen-D'auras

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #435 on: 03 July 2011, 19:25:45 »

I fear I have to start a forth char to see the changes! ;)

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path  that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel looking,  breathlessly. ~Don Juan"
***Astropicture of the Day***Talia's Long, Long List***
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

Gained Aura: 538

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #436 on: 28 July 2011, 03:01:35 »

Short note:

Coming up next will be a detailed walkthrough of "The Mysteries of Nepris", put together by Grinch. Well, at least we'll start that off soon with a first part of it, where we'll also add some pics, maybe advice on battle strategies on certain enemies, all that stuff. This is basically to have it all covered when you're really stuck and prefer to get spoiled and move on. If you want a challenge, you shouldn't play with the walkthrough of course, but that's the player's choice. We'll offer you that opportunity.

That said, the long term plan of course is to have a hint system on the site which is accessible through the help function in the game, rather than the walkthrough only. With an expandable hint system where the answers are all hidden at first you can open a minor hint on a problem, then a larger one until you have it spelled out. But that's for the future, for now the walkthrough has priority, and Grinch is already diligently working on writing it down.
« Last Edit: 28 July 2011, 03:57:29 by Artimidor Federkiel » Logged

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #437 on: 07 August 2011, 17:32:13 »

Grinch has by now finished the first part of the walkthrough (see here). It comprises the first part of the adventure until Jeremy's rescue, has all important maps integrated, some pics and loads of hints to get through this part. There is also a very nice Word document version you can download if you want to print the solution out. The "Maps" section in the Nepris game menu was now changed to "Walkthrough", linking to this page, as an own map section isn't necessary now anymore - it's all in there.

Further parts are still to come of course, but will last a while. Problems with finding the sigils or questions on what ingredients are needed in the final experiment or which buttons need to be pushed should now be history :)

"Between the mind that plans and the hands that build there must be a mediator, and this must be the heart." -- Maria (Metropolis)
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #438 on: 15 August 2011, 17:14:07 »

Further smaller changes have been implemented at the beginning of the game: Seeker's seagulls might now be circling from time to time over the player's head when he/she is out in the open - three different animations, appearing randomly from time to time, so this adds a few touches to the environment's atmosphere.

Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 192

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 20 September 2011, 05:21:10 »

What's happening in Nepris, by the way? Is it still being played? I've looked at the Hall of Fame statistics occasionally over the last few weeks, and it seemed to me that some players who are very close to finishing have not progressed for a while. Was there a certain point in the game where people got stuck and stopped playing? Or have I got the wrong impression?
« Last Edit: 20 September 2011, 05:24:07 by Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang » Logged

The greatest danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.
Ding-dong!
Seeker
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 464

Fire Mage

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 20 September 2011, 05:48:39 »

As for me I got stuck in the tower.  I got out quite by accident but when I found out I had to go back in again I moved on to other things.   I will get back to the game of course, but getting past that tower is more of a daunting task then one I look forward to.

The map I was provided as a help didn't seem to help me for some reason.  I think I missing the logic of this puzzle.

Every entry deserves a picture.   -Seeker
Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Gained Aura: 103

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 20 September 2011, 05:55:25 »

the duties of the real world have taken much of my attention in recent times, sad to say.

if I remember rightly, I'm stuck with something in the catacombs ... a cauldron or some such thing if I remember rightly.

Who knows ... maybe when I'm able to return to Mysteries of Nepris, it'll become apparent to me what I need to do ... or that might just be wishful thinking on my part. ;)

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Artimidor Federkiel
Administrator

View Profile Homepage
« Reply #442 on: 20 September 2011, 14:58:37 »

A couple of players made it pretty far already, Shabakuk, they're definitely deep in the swamp area.  I've seen some of those logging in a while ago again after a break, which most likely has to do with the fact that people went on holidays and need to get bored again to get back to playing ;)

The most difficult part for sure is the tower thingy, though it is quite a logical puzzle actually - and with all the additional hints we provided not impossible. There should be some challenge to get out there after all... Don't know how we could make it easier - no plans in this regard as of yet. But there definitely are a bunch who ploughed easily through the game and got stuck there. But if you have a map this shouldn't be very complicated anymore, just a bit long-winded perhaps to make it to the various rooms and do the right things. Well, Grinch's walkthrough, part 2 has already progressed pretty far as I saw yesterday, there things are explained very thoroughly. And a direct link to the walkthrough will be available eventually directly via the game help pages.

BTW: Check out Grinch's Walkthrough, Part 1, where Grinch has seriously improved the design - note the two columns, which makes the paragraphs less cluttered and reading easier. Also at the maps we're testing a new script (click on the map links to open them up). Internet Explorer has some compatibility issues if the page is opened within the Santharian mainframe (not the case when you click the link above), but this page is supposed to eventually end up on a frameless Santhworld page anyway. Though there's only little progress on that front as of yet. But I've started :)

Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 23 September 2011, 03:13:22 »

Three cheers for Grinch!

And thanks for updating me, everyone. I really recommend making the effort to get through the tower or the catacombs - or just to look in the Spoiler thread or ask Arti for a hint (I think there's no shame in that - not everyone needs to enjoy those tricky puzzles). It pays to play the whole way through, for the storyline Arti has put together is really rewarding, and the ending is spectacular!

Ding-dong!
Grinch
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 24 September 2011, 03:31:53 »

Thanks Shab.

We are about to release a downloadable word document of the second part in the upcoming site update and the HTML version will follow soon also. The second part was a great deal of work, more than expected actually. But it's rather cool because it not only helps you out if you are stuck, but also tries to explain the whole story and why the protagonists act like they do.

Now we need someone do write the last part.
*Looks around*
Someone that is familiar with swampy areas in general ;)

We are the good ones!
Shabakuk Zeborius Anfang
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 25 September 2011, 21:28:10 »

Now we need someone do write the last part.
*Looks around*
Someone that is familiar with swampy areas in general ;)

I would recommend my colleague Fu Luft, who has researched the Nepris swamps in some depth. However, since I sent him through Arti's Tower of Death, he has refused to talk to me, so I might have to offer my own insufficient services instead.

I'd be delighted to collaborate, Grinch. It won't be quick, though - I've got a busy autumn ahead. Email me with details if you see fit.

Ding-dong!
Deklitch Hardin
Santh. Member

Elf friend

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 27 September 2011, 05:27:58 »

I died  :( Big Stoney Came to life and kind of killed me stone dead.  lol rofl rolling fish

At least I had the foresight to save the game some time earlier.
« Last Edit: 27 September 2011, 05:31:12 by Deklitch Hardin » Logged

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, because there's none at all down here on Earth." - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Elron Sylver

Gained Aura: 3

student

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 16 October 2011, 06:22:13 »

I really like the game so far as i have currently played, Ill finish it and then think up suggestions or praise worthy of the work that has been put into it.  And Dek if its the earth golem its not impossible to defeat him ;) i did on my second try grin.

The courageus don't live forever,
But the coward doesnt live at all.
Grinch
Santh. Member

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 16 October 2011, 08:48:55 »

A review would be very much appreciated. Take a look at http://www.santharia.com/santhworld_modules/nepris/nepris_reviews.htm to have some impressions of what others had to say in theirs.

We are the good ones!
Elron Sylver

Gained Aura: 3

student

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 19 October 2011, 05:06:19 »

Finished nepris and will work on a reveiw. but i know it wont give it the praise it deserves!

The courageus don't live forever,
But the coward doesnt live at all.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31
Print
Jump to:  

Recent
[31 May 2017, 06:35:55]

[06 May 2017, 05:27:04]

[03 April 2017, 01:15:03]

[26 March 2017, 12:48:25]

[15 March 2017, 02:23:07]

[15 March 2017, 02:20:28]

[15 March 2017, 02:17:52]

[14 March 2017, 20:23:43]

[06 February 2017, 04:53:35]

[31 January 2017, 08:45:52]

[15 December 2016, 15:50:49]

[26 November 2016, 23:16:38]

[27 October 2016, 07:42:01]

[27 September 2016, 18:51:05]

[11 September 2016, 23:17:33]

[11 September 2016, 23:15:27]

[11 September 2016, 22:58:56]

[03 September 2016, 22:22:23]

[02 September 2016, 04:06:03]

[02 September 2016, 02:44:27]
Members
Total Members: 1040
Latest: leaftanya12
Stats
Total Posts: 144680
Total Topics: 11052
Online Today: 55
Online Ever: 226
(06 November 2012, 05:38:23)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 75
Total: 75

Last 10 Shouts:
14 September 2017, 09:40:04
Hello all! It's been a minute since I poked my nose in here. Can't remember if I ever did anything useful.
09 May 2017, 14:17:18
Ah, too bad that internet is so restricted in China, Ferra. Can't be much fun surfing the web that way if Big Brother's watching you... Hope you enjoy your stay nevertheless!
03 May 2017, 17:41:19
Hi, dear Arti and other developers!

This year I am in China and cannot use any Google services including YouTube. For this reason I stopped uploading new Nepris videos. I can also not read any comments there.

It just crossed my mind that this information might be useful to you.

Cheers

F
26 March 2017, 12:48:56
Hello to anyone that might read this. :)
22 December 2016, 02:38:16
Merry Christmas everyone!
29 November 2016, 01:45:48
Hey all!
11 November 2016, 09:19:02
Calling all developers; come help me write the New-Santhala article ^^
15 September 2016, 02:24:10
Still no problems here, Erutan...
14 September 2016, 14:55:28
Still having trouble accessing the RPG side, anyone else? Or is it just me?
27 August 2016, 21:17:33
Short note: We had a bit of downtime Friday/Saturday night due to a server change. Site went online first, message boards took a while longer - now everything should be back to normal.